New 360 bundle @ Best Buy?

jkam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
262 (100%)
I saw in Best Buy tonight as I was leaving the store a 360 premium with a free game included. I believe it was PGR3. I'm not sure if there was any difference in price though. Might be worthwhile for those picking up a 360.

I saw them...The store I was at had a big cube of about 150 or so 360 premiums with Need for Speed Most Wanted bundled with it. However, the price tag sign said $419, which doesn't really make much of a bargain unless you really wanted that particular game....amazon is selling the game on its own for $30, so you are saving only $10 IF you really wanted the game...otherwise you paying $20 extra for a game you may not actually want.

I really hate racing games for the most part unless it's twisted metal so i can explode things (sans the pain of the abomination that was twisted metal 3). I think this is Microsoft's way of pushing its new $120+ racing wheel. Give me a break and a pack in I might actually care enough about so that I'd pay $400 for a console that's most likely going to have a price drop in the next few months... Boo this man!

[quote name='jkam']I saw in Best Buy tonight as I was leaving the store a 360 premium with a free game included. I believe it was PGR3. I'm not sure if there was any difference in price though. Might be worthwhile for those picking up a 360.[/QUOTE]
My local Best Buy in Tenleytown (DC) had a bundle with a need for speed game for about 400, so with that in mind and the other posts it seems to be a random bundle for each store maybe? I also noticed a PS2 bundle with an exra controller and a Ratchet and Clank game (Didn't pay attention to what exact ratchet and clank game or the price since I already have a ps2) I believe. Another item of interest, while in line to get some dvds I saw a guy ahead of me buying a PS3, this was on thursday. The guy seemed to be getting it to simply put it on ebay though, he literally laughed when the cashier asked him if he wanted to get any games or movies for it;

[quote name='bleak']I really hate racing games for the most part unless it's twisted metal so i can explode things (sans the pain of the abomination that was twisted metal 3). I think this is Microsoft's way of pushing its new $120+ racing wheel. Give me a break and a pack in I might actually care enough about so that I'd pay $400 for a console that's most likely going to have a price drop in the next few months... Boo this man![/QUOTE]
You should try NFS:MW, cop chases are a blast.

[quote name='probablysober']My local Best Buy in Tenleytown (DC) had a bundle with a need for speed game for about 400, so with that in mind and the other posts it seems to be a random bundle for each store maybe? I also noticed a PS2 bundle with an exra controller and a Ratchet and Clank game (Didn't pay attention to what exact ratchet and clank game or the price since I already have a ps2) I believe. Another item of interest, while in line to get some dvds I saw a guy ahead of me buying a PS3, this was on thursday. The guy seemed to be getting it to simply put it on ebay though, he literally laughed when the cashier asked him if he wanted to get any games or movies for it;[/QUOTE]

What a jerk. Hope he loses money on it.

[quote name='PyroGamer']You should try NFS:MW, cop chases are a blast.[/QUOTE]

I tried the demo and hated it.

Wish they'd start packing in something I'd like. Preferably something that costs money, but even Perfect Dark Zero would be cool. I think it's really weird they're packing in so many third party games. And I bet the Best Buy's raising the price $20 are just price gouging. I bet Microsoft didn't raise the price at all.

Peoria Best Buy had three 360's bundled with Need for Speed: Most Wanted also, and nine trillion with no game (and the nine trillion cores have no game).

Is the bundle by Microsoft? If so, why is it a third party game? I just don't get it. Perfect Dark Zero is such a better game IMO.

bread's done
Back