New 360 Platinum Hits Announced

[quote name='Jobb']Thanks op, starts March 16 if anyone is too lazy to click the link.[/QUOTE]

Odd, I have already seen a PH version of Fight Night Round 3 at my local Best Buy.

[quote name='ransom456']Odd, I have already seen a PH version of Fight Night Round 3 at my local Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

I saw some at Circuit City 2 week ago.

Is this applicable for Call of Duty 2 GOTY or normal edition???

I am hoping for a $19.99 sale at Best Buy, so I can buy it for $15!!!

[quote name='oasisboy']Is this applicable for Call of Duty 2 GOTY or normal edition???

I am hoping for a $19.99 sale at Best Buy, so I can buy it for $15!!![/QUOTE]
I bought COD2 for $15 at BB back in November...

[quote name='cheapbrass']whats the pricing on xbox 360 PH titles? $19.99?[/QUOTE]

Sorry my friend but Xbox 360 Greatest Hits are $29.99 not $19.99 like their Xbox counterparts.

No Oblivion? WTF?

You can pretty much find any game listed there for less than $30 and without the fugly PH box art.

yeah, where's oblivion? they said it would e PH by now...[quote name='Rozz']No Oblivion? WTF?

You can pretty much find any game listed there for less than $30 and without the fugly PH box art.[/quote]

Nice... But I found Table Tennis at Best Buy for $20 for the last couple weeks.
Too bad the cases for the platinum hits are fucking ugly though... :(

Nothing great!?!? Well what the hell are you playing on your 360 then?

Burnout Revenge - AWESOME racing game.
Call of Duty 2 - Great FPS.
Dead or Alive 4 - Solid fighting game.
Fight Night Round 3 - Great game, very technical. A lot of fun.
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter - Simply awesome!

has anyone seen top spin 2 at bestbuy for 20 bucks?

i ordered one online but they're shipping it out on march 16th :drool:

[quote name='InfiniteStill']Nothing great!?!? Well what the hell are you playing on your 360 then?

Burnout Revenge - AWESOME racing game.
Call of Duty 2 - Great FPS.
Dead or Alive 4 - Solid fighting game.
Fight Night Round 3 - Great game, very technical. A lot of fun.
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter - Simply awesome![/quote]

I think by "nothing great", we mean that these aren't good deals, or rather aren't new deals. Most if not all of these games are already priced at 19.99 - 29.99 in stores. Burnout revenge has been $29.99 for sometime. All this "official" price drop really means is uglier packaging. I also don't like that PH games are $30. It isn't a proportional price increase. The initial price of a game went from $50 to $60, for an increase of 20%, while the price of a PH game went up 50%. They should be no more than $24.99.

[quote name='dm877']has anyone seen top spin 2 at bestbuy for 20 bucks?

i ordered one online but they're shipping it out on march 16th :drool:[/quote]
I was at Best Buy today and saw that game for $19.99.

Chris

[quote name='glen77777']Most of those games you can already find for under 30. 30 bucks is way too high for a "budget" line.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully the used game market will drive this down. That's why they introduced the $10 PH for regular Xbox, right?

weren't ps2 greatest hits supposed to be $30 at first? that lasted long didn't it...

in other news, i need to buy call of duty 2 somewhere for cheap.

I remember PS2 GH games being $20 since the day they were announced. Nintendo had $30 Player's Choice games though. Maybe that's what you're thinking of.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Nintendo had $30 Player's Choice games though.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't that just Super Smash Bros Melee?

Anyway, the $30 360 PH pricing is a little painful, but so is the $60 launch MSRP, particularly when games are noted as only being around a 10 hour experience. I'll be doing most of my 360 gaming out of massive price drops and the PH bin.

umm Fight Night round 3 has been a platinum hit title since at least the 16th. I should know since I bought it at EB that day, and it was in a platinum hits case.

[quote name='angrysalad187']weren't ps2 greatest hits supposed to be $30 at first? that lasted long didn't it...

in other news, i need to buy call of duty 2 somewhere for cheap.[/QUOTE]

I just got a copy for my brother at Toys R Us for 19.99....GOTY edition, BTW.

Rang up at Circuit City for 34.99....all of this in the lonely, sad, sad, state of CT.

[quote name='Scobie']Wasn't that just Super Smash Bros Melee?[/quote]
Nope, every Player's Choice title was $29.99 when Nintendo launched it for the Gamecube. It wasn't long before everything except SSBM was marked down to $19.99, though.

I wonder what the 360 PH packaging looks like... imo, the original Xbox PH packaging looked great. I wish Sony and Nintendo had put that much effort in their budget line packaging.

I don't think we'll see Oblivion in the PH library for quite some time, especially since the PS3 port is due soon.

Do these so called "Platinum Hits" have anything different about the covers of the games? Like greatest hits have that ugly red on the PS2? to make sure the hardcore pay full price like other systems?

Even though the 360 retail price for new release games is $10 more than before, i don't think that should mean that platinum hits titles should be $10 more than before too. Platinum hits titles used to be 40% of the starting price. 40% of $60 is $24, so platinum hits would be more reasonable at $25.

[quote name='DigitalSpace']Nope, every Player's Choice title was $29.99 when Nintendo launched it for the Gamecube. It wasn't long before everything except SSBM was marked down to $19.99, though.

I wonder what the 360 PH packaging looks like... imo, the original Xbox PH packaging looked great. I wish Sony and Nintendo had put that much effort in their budget line packaging.

I don't think we'll see Oblivion in the PH library for quite some time, especially since the PS3 port is due soon.[/QUOTE]

its like a smoke grey see thru case. My order from cduniverse shipped me a fight night rd 3 copy like this. Real slick lookin if you ask me.

The thing i hate most about greatest hits type games is that the game's side has a different color than normal games. (GC = yellow, PS2 = red) I've never had a platinum hits game for xbox or 360...does the side have a different color from normal xbox or 360 games?

The 360 PH covers are very bad looking. Those of you above that haven't seen them could probably find pics online. Kameo, Perfect Dark 0, etc. have had the covers for months now.

Crap. Ive already bought a few of those games cheaper than the Platinum MSRP. I was hoping for something decent like Oblivion. Oh well.

Cheaper Fight Night is attributed to EA dropping the price several weeks ago in a massive price drop list of just about everything they make. New Fight Night covers is attributed to Nessy, Bigfoot, those probing aliens, the people behind the term "fresh frozen" and other unexplainable events of the cosmos.

My Platinum Hits Fight Night 3 has the smokey grey case, the somewhat ugly front cover (front only as the back is the same) and most people probably didn't notice, but the game disc says "Platinum Hits" on it and the manual is made out of cheaper paper.

The covers are so nasty. Reminds me of going to buy a classic rock album and finding nothing but the "gold edition" remasters on the shelf. Where you've got this huge "frame" of nonsense around a tiny thumbnail image of the original album art.

Seriously, Microsoft just needs to use a freakin' banner like any other greatest hit lineup. Don't taint the cover art.

I felt that they handled things well with the original Xbox's Platinum Hits, and some of the covers really came out better thanks to the silver border around the art and case around it. The 360 ones though... um... no. They look like Hollywood Video cases, and lack any of the snazzy appeal that the original PH cases had. Here's a shot of a European 360 PH case, it's basically the same in the U.S., just with different text on the cover.

360phcaseky8.jpg

[quote name='DigitalSpace']Nope, every Player's Choice title was $29.99 when Nintendo launched it for the Gamecube. It wasn't long before everything except SSBM was marked down to $19.99, though.

I don't think we'll see Oblivion in the PH library for quite some time, especially since the PS3 port is due soon.[/quote]

SSBM was only a PC for a Limited Time, the PC versions of that game are actually pretty rare.

Really? I remember just seeing that version available at Best Buy for months on end before I buckled down and just bought a used copy to not deal with the PC packaging. I really don't mind the Player's Choice packaging, as it only cuts out a minor amount of cover art, and the yellow stripes can be Sharpied out fairly easily.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Finally, Hope i can get "Dead or Alive 4" go onsale around $20 & i'll be happy ;)[/quote]

i got it for 28 at gamestop using my gamestop card (20% off)

bread's done
Back