New 360 Prototype $20, Smash Bros Brawl $25 & EA Active $30 @ GameCrazy

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
I don't know how long this sale is for, but these prices are active as of this morning.

EA Sports Active $29.99 new/$24.99 used
Prototype $19.99 new/$17.99 used XBOX 360 VERSION ONLY
Super Smash Bros Brawl $24.99 new/$19.99 used

[quote name='The SPism']hey so ive been interested in prototype for a while... can anyone who has it give some feedback on if it's worth it at $20?[/QUOTE]

I bought it back in I think it was July when Amazon had it for $39.99. I played it for about a week or two and then kinda forgot about, not because it wasn't any good, but because they were a lot of other games I wanted to play at the time. I picked it back up a couple of weeks ago and have played it a lot since then. I've found the further you get in the game the more fun it becomes because once you upgrade you can do all sorts of crazy attacks and eventually when I was able to get the ability to hijack helicopters it became really damn fun.

Did you ever play Hulk: Ultimate Destruction? It's like that but with tons of gore and monsters and the story is actually pretty decent so far.

I would definitely recommend it for $20.

Damn shame that every Gamecrazy within driving distance to me closed. If anyone can grab an extra copy of Prototype, I'll gladly buy it from you.

How are people getting this price matched. I can't seem to find the ad myself. Are you getting it in store?

[quote name='KMunley']How are people getting this price matched. I can't seem to find the ad myself. Are you getting it in store?[/QUOTE]

I second this. the nearest GC that isn't closing is about 35 minutes away. BB is about 2 minutes. any shots of the ad would be greatly appreciated.

Just to make sure before I drive down to my nearest GC , which is closing. These new game deals are only available at GCs that will remain open, right?

[quote name='kk012']Just to make sure before I drive down to my nearest GC , which is closing. These new game deals are only available at GCs that will remain open, right?[/QUOTE]

As I stated earlier in the thread, yes, the deal is for stores that are staying open.

Picked up all three games. Prototype and Smash Bros used and EA Sports Active new. Can't believe I fell prey to the mvp program... At least they offer free disc buffing which is kinda cool.

called my local store and they say prototype is still 50$..... this store always seems to not have the update prices i dont get it i went in and had them scan ghostbusters last time... this time i just called

and the good one i used to go to is closing down so .... beat.

ill try again later this week for prototype

Prototype is a steal and would be an easy flip, but you will have a tough time getting any copies employees haven't already set aside for themselves.

Just got Prototype used for $17 with MVP. E Little Creek Rd, Norfolk, VA store if anyone is curious. They have multiple copies of New and Used...

Picked up Prototype used but in mint condition for $14.00 after a 20% off coupon. Good post OP. I am looking forward to playing this one.

hmmm ya MVP is pretty lame, i have it tho cuz i paid $10 and got a boost on my 360 trade, which i think was worth 40 or 50 more. Going to get Prototype tomorrow, come on gamecrazy for Infamous too :)

Thanks Scorch. Passed up on some new Prototypes and opted to picking up 2 complete used copies. Traded in 2 Ski-Doos and 1 Digata Defenders for them.

Picked up Prototype and Super Smash Bros. Brawl today at a Hollywood Video (non-Game Crazy). The employees didn't believe the prices at first, so they called another store to confirm.

Scorch, how would most stores find out about these drops/sales? It seems like they are always stunned when the price rings up.

[quote name='msdmoney']Scorch, how would most stores find out about these drops/sales? It seems like they are always stunned when the price rings up.[/QUOTE]

What's funny is that I don't understand how they don't know about the price drops. The price labels you see on the games print out and leave a huge long trail in the morning. Unless they're just completely braindead, there's no way they could miss it.

Unless they didn't open that day, then that's a completely understandable excuse, as most stores don't retain the sheet of paper showing the price drops for that day.

thanks for this feedback... i don't have hulk. ultimate destruction but i have the newest hulk game that i picked up for $5 bucks at the big hwv sale earlier this year and havent tried it out yet..

i had a whole lot of fun w spiderman web of shadows and i think i heard comparisons

now if only the gamecrazy store by me wasn't telling me its $50

[quote name='Samunoske']I bought it back in I think it was July when Amazon had it for $39.99. I played it for about a week or two and then kinda forgot about, not because it wasn't any good, but because they were a lot of other games I wanted to play at the time. I picked it back up a couple of weeks ago and have played it a lot since then. I've found the further you get in the game the more fun it becomes because once you upgrade you can do all sorts of crazy attacks and eventually when I was able to get the ability to hijack helicopters it became really damn fun.

Did you ever play Hulk: Ultimate Destruction? It's like that but with tons of gore and monsters and the story is actually pretty decent so far.

I would definitely recommend it for $20.[/QUOTE]

guess i will be checkin my local hollywood video tomorrow hoping they have this on sale. as i got the ghostbusters and RE5 for $15 last week

Damn, I'll have to check my HV tomorrow afternoon when I wake up. I'm sure I won't get the deal though. If they even have any. Generally my HV doesn't have crap for new games

Aw, damn! I bought Prototype to take advantage of the current trade-in deal at Gamestop, but curiosity got the better of me, and when I got home, I checked out what the game is like. And it looks AMAZING. D: I'll go by tomorrow and see if I can't get another copy for that price just to play. Are the prices continuing for 10/20, too? Or was it just for 10/19? I'll be SO disappointed if it was a one-day sale... ;^;

Anyone with a game crazy want to pick me up a prototype? used or new, I dont care at that price. will pay for shipping, and give positive feedback. Or if anyone else has a copy they'd let go for that price, send me a pm!

Awesome deal. i went to my local game crazy. I had 20 dollars in credit from trading it 2 copies of harry potter half blood princes for 25.00 a piece after MVP and Warriors orchi for 14.40. I picked up uncharted 2 for 44.99 user over the weekend.

Picked up 2 used copies for 32.00 total

[quote name='averageguy']I had 20 dollars in credit from trading it 2 copies of harry potter half blood princes for 25.00 a piece after MVP[/QUOTE]
When was this? Any idea if that tiv is still holding? I picked up a copy from target last week for $12.

Hi op. when you find out, can you post how long this sale is going? And if anyone knows if Hollywood video with a mini-game crazy will have this deal? i can't check it out until later after work, hopefully they are. thanks. best deal of the week! :)

yes, harry potter's value is stilll $25 with mvp.

i already said i'd post if i find out when this ends.. i wouldn't expect it to run for long so you should hurry in and grab a copy before they're gone.

Thanx Scorch, grabbed Prototype new for $20. Just got the weekly email and these deals aren't there, wouldn't have known but your post. The email is for 30%/20%(mvp/non mvp) trade boost on any games towards Borderlands. Also B2G1 on new games $18.99 or less.

And if you sign up for the newsletter on Gamecrazy's site(link on front page) you receive a 30% coupon off one used game.

[quote name='lorne']Thanx Scorch, grabbed Prototype new for $20. Just got the weekly email and these deals aren't there, wouldn't have known but your post. The email is for 30%/20%(mvp/non mvp) trade boost on any games towards Borderlands. Also B2G1 on new games $18.99 or less.

And if you sign up for the newsletter on Gamecrazy's site(link on front page) you receive a 30% coupon off one used game.[/QUOTE]

Can you please post the ad-link here. I also signed up for newsletter but never received either newsletter or the coupon!

Thanks OP - Picked up Ghostbusters for PS3 and Prototype for 360. Both were $19.99. I really wanted to pick these both up when they came out, glad I was a good cag and waited ;)

Thanks OP, I picked up Prototype, and Super Smash Bros. I also picked up the Prince of Persia Limited Edition on X360 for $19.99, although I think it was mis-marked, but the employee was nice enough to honor the price for me. I will be headed back tomorrow for Ghostbusters on X360.

Thanks OP, bought myself a nice new copy of Prototype. Now if only I can buy me some time to play all the games I've amassed...

Hey Scorch, has something changed about your store's closing or is this still your last week at GC? I hope everything worked out for you, and best of luck if it has not as of yet. You're one of the few great CAGers now that speedy is gone.

also got Prototype for 360, used was 17.99, wanted PS3 but they dropped it only $10 to 49, I guess the PS3 games are holding value a little better than 360.

My GC didn't have Prototype and I forgot to look for Super Smash Bros.

This is off topic but I did get 6 Xbox games for $20.

I got the following Xbox games:
*Halo 2 (Limited Edition w/ metal case)
*Doom 3 (Limited Collector's Edition w/ metal case)
*GTA San Andreas
*Ninja Gaiden Black
*Splinter Cell 1
*007 Everything or Nothing

Only reason I bought Splinter Cell was because I want to mod (softmod) my xbox and supposedly this combined with the Action Replay enables you to mod an xbox. Let's hope it works.

[quote name='mrman1980']Can you please post the ad-link here. I also signed up for newsletter but never received either newsletter or the coupon![/QUOTE]
link

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Damn. Too bad the sale isn't for the PS3 version of Prototype.[/QUOTE]

Buy the 360 version and trade it in at Target. That's what I plan to do.

bread's done
Back