New 3DS LL Eevee Limited Edition for $274

Unless you consider it was in response to your "$275 is not a deal" post. This isn't complex math, if your options are flying to Japan, eBay or the OP then which is the better deal? So yeah there is another way of interpreting it.

Just because you don't think it's a deal doesn't mean it's not. Just because you can't flip it doesn't mean it's not a deal. Just because it's region locked doesn't mean it's not a deal.

The idea that this site is only for Murica deals is absurd and ignores all the people who import not only from Asia but also Amazon.uk and .de and etc.
People love to make a fight where there was none. I make a comment to the OP (Because I saw he has only 10 posts) and I was giving a bit of advice for where to place deals like this in the future as like has been said the majority of CAG are not importers, and if every "deal" that applied to 0.001% of CAG was posted, from every corner of the planet, than the other deals that the other 99.999% take advantage of (and go broke because of DX) would get buried under them.
Did you even read what I wrote? No I never said once this site is only for deals in the US. I DID SAY however, which is TRUE, is that this section, with few exceptions is for deals from the US. Ever wonder why you don't see deals for the UK ONLY in this thread? Or why people don't post deals for future shop in this topic, or Amazon.de (The Hyrule Historia aside)??? It is because we have a little thing called a REGIONAL section.
I make ONE comment how, as most CAG's will agree with me, how the interest in this is EXTREMELY niche, and how it shouldn't be in the main thread, that $300 for a 3DS (I don't care if they put the freaking MONA LISA ON IT! It is $100 extra for a slightly different color scheme, and how when the Pikachu XL first came out people were saying THAT was pretty overpriced as well), that is region locked to japan, and when you take everything into account, my points I made were justified.
So don't try to change what I wrote to suit your argument. When I pointed out how $100+ more for a XL (LL whatever) is not a deal because of some brown bars and an Eevee, his reaction (Wrote from the perspective of a buyer, but can easily be made a "resale" statement) was "well it is selling for $400 on ebay!!!" $400 would be an even WORSE deal than this, and discussion of eBay prices should not be used to justify a deal, the merits of the game/system/whatever itself should be enough.

So why can't this be an exception? Because you said so? Ok. I'll agree with that. You are correct 100%. I am wrong. Now this topic can fade.

I had thought the region/international deal section was for specific deals that only people in those regions could participate. I realize now I was wrong with that and will jump over there for any and all import deals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh

There was no need for all this. I THOUGHT it was a good deal cuz this 3DS LL was only selling in the Pokemon Centers on Japan. I couldn't find any other cheaper than this. Sorry if there is a cheaper one than this one.

I already said that if it was my mistake the thread could be moved or deleted or w/e you wanna do with it.

Again I didn't wanted to create this situation but I guess there are some people who can't see a deal where others can.

EDIT

Btw the Toukiden Vita in Nippon-Yasan is at $268

Sigh

There was no need for all this. I THOUGHT it was a good deal cuz this 3DS LL was only selling in the Pokemon Centers on Japan. I couldn't find any other cheaper than this. Sorry if there is a cheaper one than this one.

I already said that if it was my mistake the thread could be moved or deleted or w/e you wanna do with it.

Again I didn't wanted to create this situation but I guess there are some people who can't see a deal where others can.

EDIT

Btw the Toukiden Vita in Nippon-Yasan is at $268
It happens. I wouldn't worry about it.

Also the Toukiden Vita is $250 at AmiAmi.

I would just like to say, people post stuff from other regions all the time in this section. BL2 ULCE is a recent one to come to mind. That brought you to every Amazon website known to man to try to obtain it. Then there are other collectors editions that people import all the time. See: Dead Island Riptide and Injustice Gods Amongst Us.

This is not an abnormal thread and I don't know why people are getting so up in arms over this thread. It is a deal, as if you are currently looking for this specific 3DS and aren't conviently flying to Japan any time soon, then just under $300 to add to a collection isn't bad. Saves you at least $100 from sleazebay. (Even more so if you factor in a plane ticket and hotel room.)

Damn, I JUST flew to Japan to buy this version two days ago. Got it for about the same price, but that's if I don't count the price of the hotel room!

Just my luck. 

I would just like to say, people post stuff from other regions all the time in this section. BL2 ULCE is a recent one to come to mind. That brought you to every Amazon website known to man to try to obtain it. Then there are other collectors editions that people import all the time. See: Dead Island Riptide and Injustice Gods Amongst Us.

This is not an abnormal thread and I don't know why people are getting so up in arms over this thread. It is a deal, as if you are currently looking for this specific 3DS and aren't conviently flying to Japan any time soon, then just under $300 to add to a collection isn't bad. Saves you at least $100 from sleazebay. (Even more so if you factor in a plane ticket and hotel room.)

ULCE for PS3 and PC just so happened to be.... REGION FREE.

I recall there being 1 super thread that had all the regions, not 20 smaller threads with every location in stock. In either case, there were a lot of people moaning about not getting a US copy and plenty of people were looking for themselves and or for other CAG's.

I don't recall Riptide ever getting a thread, though most EU deals go in a single thread. There are some exceptions (as with people now, which is great as we don't all stalk those super threads), but they're also usually better deals. Like the MSRP on the Eevee 3DS LL is ¥18,900 and works out to being $188.50 usd. So ignoring what things go for on eBay and assuming you really want this thing, you're still paying roughly 40% markup not counting shipping... I don't really want to argue the concept of what is and isn't a deal, but paying another $20 dollars for the EU CE of TTT2 is a lot different than an additional 90 or so dollars for a specially designed 3DS LL.

ULCE for PS3 and PC just so happened to be.... REGION FREE.
This, though I would add in that MOST (bordering on all really...) of the deals posted in this forum have the option to play the game in English. If people really want to argue for such a thread, why don't one of you just make a new super thread? I would love to see more Japanese deals posted myself, plus it would be hard to complain about a thread dedicated to all kinds of niche things, versus 1 thread devoted to 1 very niche thing.

I recall there being 1 super thread that had all the regions, not 20 smaller threads with every location in stock. In either case, there were a lot of people moaning about not getting a US copy and plenty of people were looking for themselves and or for other CAG's.

I don't recall Riptide ever getting a thread, though most EU deals go in a single thread. There are some exceptions (as with people now, which is great as we don't all stalk those super threads), but they're also usually better deals. Like the MSRP on the Eevee 3DS LL is ¥18,900 and works out to being $188.50 usd. So ignoring what things go for on eBay and assuming you really want this thing, you're still paying roughly 40% markup not counting shipping... I don't really want to argue the concept of what is and isn't a deal, but paying another $20 dollars for the EU CE of TTT2 is a lot different than an additional 90 or so dollars for a specially designed 3DS LL.

This, though I would add in that MOST (bordering on all really...) of the deals posted in this forum have the option to play the game in English. If people really want to argue for such a thread, why don't one of you just make a new super thread? I would love to see more Japanese deals posted myself, plus it would be hard to complain about a thread dedicated to all kinds of niche things, versus 1 thread devoted to 1 very niche thing.
What you don't get is that its a really rare 3DS LL

"The Eevee edition Nintendo 3DS LL has been unveiled for Japan. A lottery is being held to determine who can purchase them. The lottery is being held from today until June 30.

Postcards will be sent to the winners on June 14. The successful winners of the lottery can purchase the Eevee edition Nintendo 3DS LL from June 22 until July 7. It will cost ¥18900, which includes tax."

Eevee edition Nintendo 3DS LL unveiled

"As with the previous Pokémon-themed systems, fans can only buy the game system after winning a random drawing. Applications for the drawing began on Wednesday. Applications will be accepted until June 6, and can be downloaded at Nintendo's official website. The system will cost 18,900 yen (about US$180), and will be available to pick up at one of Japan's seven Pokémon Centers between June 22 and July 7."

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-05-15/pokemon-eevee-gets-its-own-nintendo-3ds-xl-variant

Its sold out everywhere. If you find it cheaper PLEASE post it here.

I like seeing posts like this. I don't look out for items like this so when there is a CAG thread, it's the only time I get to consider buying them.

They can't all be PCDD posts.

"Daisuki Club members can purchase it online for 18,900 Yen"

Only those Members and You have to apply and be chosen to buy it and (Google Translate) "16:00 ~ 20:00 is the last Tuesday of each month, can not sign up for the system maintenance. Please be forewarned."
Only members that sign up for free online? I guess that counts out anyone on this site. =[

Anyway, I am done arguing as it doesn't seem to go anywhere.

bread's done
Back