NEW Best Buy Clearance Games YMMV, but your BB may have their own clearance titles.

Pa7ronSain7

CAG Veteran
The best buy close to me (I dont know about other stores, It should be nation wide?) is having a bunch of games on clearance... These are only the titles I remember, there are a WHOLE lot more

Xbox360

Eternal Sonata - $15
Dirt - $?? (under 20)
All-pro Football 2ksports - $15
Halo 3 legendary edition (with helmet) - $40

PS3

NHL 2k8 -$15
Fifa street 2008 -$15
The Club -$15
Blacksite Area 51 -$15
NBA 2k8 -$15
Conflict: Denied Ops -$15
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 Collectors edition - $20

Wii

Battalion Wars - $15

There are a LOT more titles, these are MAYBE a 1/5th of what the have. A lot of Wii games, whole bunch of 360, A few PSP games and I believe some DS games. Everything was 50% off the marked price, and the marked price was already knocked down quite a bit. Any question, let me know... some REALLY good deals goin on!

EDIT: Folks this is a YMMV clearance. Your local BBs may have marked these or other games, but there's no guarantee.

Aaaand as always, YMMV.

And for some reason, whenever these YMMV clearances happen, the OP never gives his store's location!

Why are B&M store deals so looked down upon? Yeah, I realize not everyone has a Best Buy near them, but for the rest of us, I figure this was a great deal and I would share the info. I apologize that not every sale is on your precious amazon, but where else can you find titles like The Club and Eternal Sonata for around $15?

Sorry, last time I post a deal here...

[quote name='Pa7ronSain7']Why are B&M store deals so looked down upon? Yeah, I realize not everyone has a Best Buy near them, but for the rest of us, I figure this was a great deal and I would share the info. I apologize that not every sale is on your precious amazon, but where else can you find titles like The Club and Eternal Sonata for around $15?

Sorry, last time I post a deal here...[/quote]

No, that is not what he meant.

I think he meant that OP's never provide a location when they post something like this. Could you please post your store location so that others in your area know what deals are going on?

[quote name='Pa7ronSain7']Why are B&M store deals so looked down upon? Yeah, I realize not everyone has a Best Buy near them, but for the rest of us, I figure this was a great deal and I would share the info. I apologize that not every sale is on your precious amazon, but where else can you find titles like The Club and Eternal Sonata for around $15?

Sorry, last time I post a deal here...[/quote]

It's just that Best Buy markdowns are on a store by store basis, and never usually nationwide. Your store may have these games at these prices, but it's unlikely others will find the same thing at their Best Buy. That's why you should put what store it's at and post in the regional section.

[quote name='InFlames215']No, that is not what he meant.

I think he meant that OP's never provide a location when they post something like this. Could you please post your store location so that others in your area know what deals are going on?[/QUOTE]

This.

Unfortunately, BEST BUY "clearances" vary from store to store and are at the discretion of the media manager. Therefore (1) you gave a clearance thread for something that is ONLY for your store and (2) you don't include your location in your profile or the store you found the deals at.

It's not that it's a brick and mortar deal--- it's that it's only a deal at the ONE store.

Hmm... Haven't been near by any of my Best Buy's in a while.

The one located on Litchfield & McDowell in Goodyear, AZ NEVER does the % off bin.

The Best Buy located on 99th Ave & McDowell in Avondale, AZ does have a 30% off bin, maybe I'll see if Eternal Sonata snuck it's way in to that particular bin. >.>

I'm pretty sure Eternal Sonata has been on the list of certain % off for a while now though. Not sure about the others OP listed.

I have strong reason to believe that its not regulated to this particular store. I'm sure you can use your imagination as to WHY I cannot say anything more.

[quote name='Pa7ronSain7']I have strong reason to believe that its not regulated to this particular store. I'm sure you can use your imagination as to WHY I cannot say anything more.[/QUOTE]

If the games scan at the prices you mention without an override then it might be nationwide. After all, Best Buy used to have nationwide clearance pricing. But most of these "in a bin by the front with hand written 50% off sticker" deals are usually just at particular stores. I haven't been in in a few weeks but one did have a 50% off table by the front. Another had a rack with a whopping 10% off... I know at the 50% one it was a manual override because I asked for a price check (on Battalion Wars for the Wii as a matter of fact) and it came up $50. I'd love to get that for $15 ($25 was a bit much). If this is nation-wide I'll definitely check it out. But I'd need more proof of that before I make a 40 mile round trip to Best Buy ;).

Could people please post their findings in regional like I did? I just think its just easier to find if posted separately instead of weeding through multiple pages only to find that the main post isn't about your local BB. :)

Eternal Sonata - $15 WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone can score an extra one for me PM please we can work something out.

My local Best Buy (even though its in another state) has a deal with buy two accessories and get 50% off select games. I got two 1600 point cards and GTA IV Limited for $34.99 (half off). They had other games like DMC4 (360) and some more. If any CAG's are in Western Wisconsin or in the Minneapolis Saint Paul Area its at the Maplewood Best Buy.

Ill try to check tomorrow and verify how widespread this sale is. I'll also try and remember more titles/prices... I do know that the PS3 sixaxis controller (NOT dualshock3) is 50% at, putting it around 25 dollars... cheap way to pick up an extra controller

[quote name='Pa7ronSain7']
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 Collectors edition - $20[/quote]

:blink blink: :car screeching sound: Wait wait... hold up. :double take: Clearly, someone is and idiot at the controls of pricing or you mean RSV1. xD

[quote name='VipFREAK']:blink blink: :car screeching sound: Wait wait... hold up. :double take: Clearly, someone is and idiot at the controls of pricing or you mean RSV1. xD[/quote]As I kept reading this thread I was wondering why noone pointed this out. OP, if it IS Vegas 2, please pick me up a copy. I've got lots for trade or paypal. Since the OP seems very sure that this is not YMMV, hopefully this is the start of a nationwide clearance effort by BB. I'll be next door to mine tomorrow anyway so I'll check it out. IO made a very good point that I hope the OP addresses, do the games scan at half price or do they have to be adjusted? That info would be great!

I'd be at BB as soon as it opened if that's the true price for RSV2, but I seriously doubt it. Besides, here where I am it's gay and usually is excluded from these deals posted on CAG.

any cags know if the BB in springfield, PA has a clearance section? I always go in there but can never seem to find it. Or do they just keep the clearance games mixed in with reg price games w/o marking them down?

Huh... they added in DS and PSP games? Those wasn't there when I went to look at the clearances.

[quote name='jdawgg76']As I kept reading this thread I was wondering why noone pointed this out. OP, if it IS Vegas 2, please pick me up a copy. I've got lots for trade or paypal. Since the OP seems very sure that this is not YMMV, hopefully this is the start of a nationwide clearance effort by BB. I'll be next door to mine tomorrow anyway so I'll check it out. IO made a very good point that I hope the OP addresses, do the games scan at half price or do they have to be adjusted? That info would be great![/quote]

I was in the same store as the TC two days ago and yes, it was Vegas 2 for the PS3. I don't think I saw one for the 360 though. And as far as I can tell there was only one Eternal Sonata left in that store. I also saw some Halo 3 edition controllers for half off.

[quote name='SerenityKry']Hmm... Haven't been near by any of my Best Buy's in a while.

The one located on Litchfield & McDowell in Goodyear, AZ NEVER does the % off bin.

The Best Buy located on 99th Ave & McDowell in Avondale, AZ does have a 30% off bin, maybe I'll see if Eternal Sonata snuck it's way in to that particular bin. >.>

I'm pretty sure Eternal Sonata has been on the list of certain % off for a while now though. Not sure about the others OP listed.[/quote]
Let me know if you have any luck at Avondale, I'm in phoenix visiting and wouldn't mind taking a drive to get Eternal Sonata for dirt cheap. Let me know if there's any PS3 drops as well. Thanks in advance.

Was at Carousel Mall in Syracuse, NY yesterday. No clearance games at Best Buy there, but they did have loads and loads of 3rd-party wireless guitars for PS2. There were two models by React, one white with blue/green trim, I think, and another with a handsome wood finish that came bundled with an effects pedal (for activating star power and whammy bar effects). Both were on clearance for $26.99, down from $59.99.

I've been wanting to replace my wired guitars, and at $27, I was seriously considering taking a chance on a 3rd-party axe (which I've generally heard are shit). Like I said, they had loads and loads of them if anyone's in the area. Totally YMMV at your local Best Buy.

I work at the best buy in dickson city, pa. we didn't have any of those titles on clearance. I'll double check today when i'm on clock, but i'm sure it's not our store. HOWEVER, we did price match gamestops flyer this week. i picked up: the club and viking for ps3 for 29 a pop.

[quote name='myjester2112']Yeah my store in Buffalo doesn't seem to running this.[/quote]

Where exactly in Buffalo did you look? The store on Niagara Falls Blvd or one more in "buffalo" area?

I was in the roseville,mn store the other day and they had a bin that was b1g1 free. Nothing like this. I'll check and report back later.

[quote name='Spiral']Huh... they added in DS and PSP games? Those wasn't there when I went to look at the clearances.

I was in the same store as the TC two days ago and yes, it was Vegas 2 for the PS3. I don't think I saw one for the 360 though. And as far as I can tell there was only one Eternal Sonata left in that store. I also saw some Halo 3 edition controllers for half off.[/quote]Heeeeyyyyy, I just got a PS3 so that works for me. PM me if you wanna trade!

BB in Overland Park Kansas had All-Pro Football 2k8 for 5.00 on clearance, NHL2k8 for 15, and numerous other games. I believe this was already posted in the Kansas CAG thread though I haven't checked in a couple of days.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I'd be at BB as soon as it opened if that's the true price for RSV2, but I seriously doubt it. Besides, here where I am it's gay and usually is excluded from these deals posted on CAG.[/quote]

Weird, didn't realize retail stores had a sexual preference.

I also doubt this is nationwide, but if I'm out and about today, I'll pop in my local Best Buy and take a gander.

In Watertown MA they had a bunch on a table with a sign saying 50% off, after the 50% they were:

All-Pro Football (360) - $10
Beowulf (360) - $5
NCAA March Madness 07 - $15

Thats all I remember :\

I hit up the Sugarland, TX BB tonight and there is definitely a clearance sale going on. They have signs up around the game section that say "Videogame Clearance sale". They have yellow dot stickers on games that are 50% off and green dot stickers on games that are 25% off. All of the PS3 games that had stickers were the green 25% off ones, including RSV2 LE. The Guncon game with the gun was also 25% off. The 360 ones were all pretty much yellow stickers and they had a much larger selection. They had a pretty good selection of yellow dot PS2 and DS games also, but the only thing I really saw for the PSP with a yellow dot was The Simpsons Game, Harvey Birdman, and Parrappa. Didn't see much for the Wii. Anyway, probably YMMV, but this is the first time I've seen a clearance selection at this particular BB.

bread's done
Back