New Best Buy Clearance Starting 3/17 (YMMV in Stores)- LIVE ONLINE NOW!

MasaTFC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
423 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Sale is Live Online Now (thanks YoshiFan1)! Limit 3 of each title I believe.

Just heard that BB is having a clearance sale starting 3/17. Games up for grabs will be

3DS - Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! - 9.99
3DS - Classic Games Overload - 7.99
3DS - Finding Nemo: Escape to the big blue - 9.99
3DS - Pokemon Rumble Blast - 9.99
3DS - Rabbids Rumble - 7.99
3DS - Rayman Origins - 7.99
3DS - The Trash Pack - 9.99
NDS - Finding Nemo: Escape to the big blue - 7.99
NDS - Kirby Mass Attack - 7.99
NDS - Lego Ninjago Bundle - 9.99
PS3 - Battlfield Bad Company 2 Greatest Hits - 7.99
PS3 - Darksiders II - 14.99
PS3 - DJ Hero 2 Stand Alone Software - 2.99
PS3 - Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - 7.99
PS3 - MLB 12: The Show - 9.99
PS3 - NHL 12 - 9.99
PS3 - Saints Row The Third - 9.99
PS3 - Socom 4 - 9.99
PS3 - Starhawk - 9.99
PS3 - Xcom: Enemy Unknown - 14.99
Wii - Metriod: Other M - 7.99
Wii - Nintendo Selects: Pikmin 2 - 4.99
Wii - Sin & Punishment 2: Star Successor - 9.99
Wii - uDraw Dood's Big Adventure - 2.99
Wii U - Darksiders II - 19.99
X360 - Battlefield Bad Company 2 Platinum - 7.99
X360 - Darksiders II - 14.99
X360 - Dragon Age 2 - 4.99
X360 - Fable: The Journey - 9.99
X360 - NBA Baller Beats - 9.99
X360 - Red Faction Armageddon - 4.99

Stock will be limited at stores (think 1-5 copies a store), and since this is clearance there will not be any more copies made available/shipped out. Once they gone, they gone!

Other clearance items will include various phones and computers as well as unlisted games (again YMMV on those especially, thanks midnightmetal for that info), but I don't have much info on those. Happy Hunting!

Note-
"If you have rewardzone points they can be used in-store as well. Either print off the certificate from https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/ or ask the cashier to look up the certificate for you on the register....in order to do so they need your reward zone card or they can just look it up with your phone number. "

Note #2

emails are going out for a seperate clearance as well (credit to CrossFireXT17 for the link and stuff)

Here is the link to the big clearance for lots of things (the movies link doesn't work yet) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-P...paignID=369667 ... think that should be pretty universal

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rig']Wanted Pikmin 2 and Baller Beats. Neither is available anywhere near me, it seems.[/QUOTE]If you can, stop by your store and don't necessarily believe what the online tracker tells you, as it tends to say "Unavailable" when there are 3 or fewer copies of an item remaining.

[quote name='Vigilante']If you can, stop by your store and don't necessarily believe what the online tracker tells you, as it tends to say "Unavailable" when there are 3 or fewer copies of an item remaining.[/QUOTE]

This, plus they might have pulled all of the clearance games from the inventory tracker. My BB had 5-6 copies of Pikmin 2 but the tracker showed Unavailable, so who knows.

[quote name='valo2027']Ordered SR3 for store pickup. Recieved SR3 The Full Package... win! Mesa, Az still had 2 xcoms and a few Halo guides left. There was a clearance bin of games but I didn't look through it.[/QUOTE]

I thought employees are supposed to scan the UPC before the online order is available? Shouldn't the screen have popped up with a ”invalid SKU?”

[quote name='Donut2922']I thought employees are supposed to scan the UPC before the online order is available? Shouldn't the screen have popped up with a ”invalid SKU?”[/QUOTE]That's what I used to think, but past store-pickup experiences have proven otherwise:

-New Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition instead of used vanilla edition
-New Borderlands GotY instead of used Borderlands standard edition
-New Bulletstorm instead of used copy
-Yesterday, two copies of Saint's Row the Third: The Full Package instead of standard editions

:roll:

Went back to Best Buy. I was very surprised to find that there were still 6 Copies of Pikimin 2. Dragon Age 2 was sold out. But there was still a copy of Starhawk and SOCOM 4. And 2 for XCOM. Tried to get Saints Row 3 Platinum Pack for $10, but the Employee denied it. :lol: He said he actually tried it to. But no go. Oh well. At least I came out the store with a Fallout NV Ultimate Edition USED for 7.99. So it wasn't at all bad.

[quote name='Donut2922']I thought employees are supposed to scan the UPC before the online order is available? Shouldn't the screen have popped up with a ”invalid SKU?”[/QUOTE]
Maybe the Employee didn't care or just decided to go with it.

extra bonus for me is when i picked up Darksiders II i got the limited edition. I think the only difference is that it comes with the DLC!!

I also got Fable too

The Target B2G1 PM was a no go at my BB. I had the evil manager lol! Passed on baller beats, I heard the ball gets deflated super fast because of the sensor inside!

[quote name='buster90']Picked up Bakker beats. Still one left though the ball needs air.[/QUOTE]

Oh snap u got Bakker Beats?! Just kidding...;)

Local store in Vegas had all the Xbox 360 games in stock, grabbed Dragon Age 2 and Red Faction for the hell of it.

Picked up Starhawk and the last Darksiders on Route 18 in NJ. There were 3 more copies of Starhawk on the shelf. I also saw one copy of NHL 12 for 9.99.

[quote name='TKSJOHN']The Target B2G1 PM was a no go at my BB. I had the evil manager lol! Passed on baller beats, I heard the ball gets deflated super fast because of the sensor inside![/QUOTE]

There's no sensor inside...

Anybody in RI looking for Xcom there's 1 left at Warwick store, it was only game I was interested in but I think starhawk and halo 4 le guide are on sale too and theres plenty of both

[quote name='bobphone']There's no sensor inside...[/QUOTE]

Thats what the BB employee told me when I was there 0_o

[quote name='TKSJOHN']Thats what the BB employee told me when I was there 0_o[/QUOTE]

Yeah no sensor inside you can use any basketball (even a volleyball Lol) to play the game with...

Got everything I wanted, namely all the 3DS games I was interested in. Ended up biting on the Lego Ninjago game cause the bundle was slightly too cool to pass up, damn my inner child who can't resist legos...

[quote name='Nocturnal Avenger']So what are the chances being able to go back in a couple a weeks and exchanging X-Com and Saints Row The Third for the 360 version?[/QUOTE]

Not worth the hassle. Play & stick with the PS3 version?

I picked up a copy of Pikmin 2, but should I keep it if I already own the original :gc: version (which I consider better in terms of control IMO)? It looks like those getting it either never played it before or don't have the :gc: version, so I figured I should ask.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Yeah no sensor inside you can use any basketball (even a volleyball Lol) to play the game with...[/QUOTE]

Well I should have picked up a copy just for the ball lol!

[quote name='TKSJOHN']Well I should have picked up a copy just for the ball lol![/QUOTE]

That's what I did. ;)

Though, I might be able to squeeze a couple of minutes of actual game fun out of it too. My 4 yr old likes basketball and we do have hardwood floors....

[quote name='Donut2922']I thought employees are supposed to scan the UPC before the online order is available? Shouldn't the screen have popped up with a ”invalid SKU?”[/QUOTE]

Sadly for pickups they don't always do that. If the game is picked and the employee got the wrong item they end up giving it to you anyways to avoid customer disappointment as it was their fault for saying they have the item.

I used to be the guy that did the item picking and sometimes you just pick the wrong item.

Edit: I guess I should also add that BestBuy hates no-picking items (when they have an order come through the system says the have the item) so they sometimes pick the item and give something very close to it to avoid the no-pick..usually in favor of the customer.

YEAHUH!!!!! Woke up around 5 am today, decided to look on CAG and saw that there was a BB sale that started yesterday. Saw pikmin 2 for 5 freaking bucks! and just as I thought, it was sold out. Then clicked on it, and it showed that I was able to add it to my cart. Bought it, thinking it would be canceled at any moment. Right now I got a message saying it just shipped. I am so happy. Now if they could have Pikmin 1 on sale...

[quote name='spamfree2']Struck out on Pikmin 2 . Maybe try another BBY on the way home. Did see 2 Kirby Mass Attack that I passed on. Saw a few Darksiders 2. Anyone knows if the XBX Darksiders 2 LE ( lenticular cover) is 14.99 this time around?[/QUOTE]

Darksiders 2 LE is still ringing up $49.99. Some stores are having crazy clearance promos though. Picked up 2 copies of the 360 version because one SoCal store had a buy one at 50% off, get one free sale on clearance games. Got 2 :360: Darksiders LE for $25 and 2 :ps3: Socom 4 for $5.

Passed on :360: Risen 2 (would have been 2 for $18) and :360: Dirt Showdown (would have been 2 for $25) along with a lot of other pure shovelware.

Might be worth looking for any kinda clearance section/bin/tables at your local stores just in case...

baller beats base value at gamestop is 5$ which makes it even better for me to get it just for the ball. the store checker says they are sold out but we all know that can be bs sometimes. looks like imma do some bestbuy hopping tommorow

No sign of Pikmin 2 anywhere at any of my Best Buys. There was not even a place for them. They did have a "top row" with several different Nintendo Selects games still prominently displayed, but no slot for Pikmin 2.

[quote name='esalw822']Darksiders 2 LE is still ringing up $49.99. Some stores are having crazy clearance promos though. Picked up 2 copies of the 360 version because one SoCal store had a buy one at 50% off, get one free sale on clearance games. Got 2 :360: Darksiders LE for $25 and 2 :ps3: Socom 4 for $5.

Passed on :360: Risen 2 (would have been 2 for $18) and :360: Dirt Showdown (would have been 2 for $25) along with a lot of other pure shovelware.

Might be worth looking for any kinda clearance section/bin/tables at your local stores just in case...[/QUOTE]

Which SoCal store if you don't mind me asking?

Picked up SR: The Third, plugged about two hours in, and I really don't care for it. I'll give it a couple of more hours, but I guess $10 isn't that much of a lost.

[quote name='Vigilante']I picked up a copy of Pikmin 2, but should I keep it if I already own the original :gc: version (which I consider better in terms of control IMO)? It looks like those getting it either never played it before or don't have the :gc: version, so I figured I should ask.[/QUOTE]

Personally I think the Pikmin games are the few GC games with new play controls that are VASTLY improved over the originals. Personally, I feel they are the definitive versions and were made for the Wii. Can't wait to get my hands on Pikmin 3 in the future.

I say keep it. It sounds like you haven't even tried it yet. Even if you have, I'd say its more than worth having at that price point.

i got the last copy of baller beats at the east 86 street bestbuy in manhattan. great deal for the ball by itself. i might pick up a darksiders to trade in to gamestop (lord knows they need to clear out most of those 21 copys they have). but yea im 4/4 when it comes to this sale :D

Has anybody gotten the B2G1 free promo to work automatically at Target with price matching BB prices?

I was at Rosemead Ca Target earlier.

I managed to get a PM on PS3 Xcom and PS3 Saints Row. But they would not PM Darksiders 2 because it said limited edition and BB website did not show Limited edition. I tried to tell the Target employees that they never had the regular copy of Darksiders 2 in stock but they wouldn't have it. So I never got to find out if the B2G1 promo will kick in automatically.

[quote name='Dranakin']Picked up SR: The Third, plugged about two hours in, and I really don't care for it. I'll give it a couple of more hours, but I guess $10 isn't that much of a lost.[/QUOTE]

Trade it to Gamestop and make money.

I managed to grab the last copy of Pikmin 2 at a local store. The website indicated they did not have any in stock, but as people have said that isn't always 100% accurate. Thanks for the heads up on this.

Heads up - the ball included with NBA Baller Beats is the outdoor version of the Spalding NBA replica basketball. The outdoor ball has the typically more rubbery feeling outer layer than the indoor to accommodate harsher conditions, and it retails for around $14 (vs $30 for the indoor version).

Still a good deal for just the basketball, but not as insane as I had originally thought.

Well I picked up my copy of Pokemon Rumble Blast and Adventure Time and I have no regrets both games are fun. Im especially liking Adventure Time now that game is awesome. I had to get my copy of Pikmin 2 shipped to store so I have to wait until Saturday and I cant wait.

[quote name='captaincold']Picked up the Darksiders II Limited Edition (360) for $15.
Saw some transylvania 3ds game for $5.[/QUOTE]

Hotel Transylvania? I wonder if that's a nation-wide sale/clearance.

YMMV!!!!! I had Target price match Xcom for me. This was at the Atlantic mall Target in Brooklyn, NY. Heads up to anyone still looking.

[quote name='loudguy']YMMV!!!!! I had Target price match Xcom for me. This was at the Atlantic mall Target in Brooklyn, NY. Heads up to anyone still looking.[/QUOTE]

Worked for me as well, and I did the B2G1.

They didn't seem too sure about it but they gave it to me. I think I got lucky.

[quote name='neonon19s']Trade it to Gamestop and make money.[/QUOTE]

CAG is interesting. One second GameStop is this despicable place, the next second it becomes the destination to trade (dump) games.

[quote name='hotpocket']Worked for me as well, and I did the B2G1.

They didn't seem too sure about it but they gave it to me. I think I got lucky.[/QUOTE]

That is awesome. Is this in Brooklyn also?

i saw the avengers $20 best buy set
since i got so many games to buy in the coming weeks, i couldn't but it

looked cool though, also passed on pikmin 2, heh i own it already for wii but i'll let the resellers buy it

hopefully someone who wants it buys it
saw tons of dragon age 2 and ref fraction, like 40+ combined for both 0_o

if Brink goes for $2 in the near future i will buy it for gifts lol i hurt my friends :p

bread's done
Back