New Best Buy Clearance Starting 3/17 (YMMV in Stores)- LIVE ONLINE NOW!

MasaTFC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
423 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Sale is Live Online Now (thanks YoshiFan1)! Limit 3 of each title I believe.

Just heard that BB is having a clearance sale starting 3/17. Games up for grabs will be

3DS - Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! - 9.99
3DS - Classic Games Overload - 7.99
3DS - Finding Nemo: Escape to the big blue - 9.99
3DS - Pokemon Rumble Blast - 9.99
3DS - Rabbids Rumble - 7.99
3DS - Rayman Origins - 7.99
3DS - The Trash Pack - 9.99
NDS - Finding Nemo: Escape to the big blue - 7.99
NDS - Kirby Mass Attack - 7.99
NDS - Lego Ninjago Bundle - 9.99
PS3 - Battlfield Bad Company 2 Greatest Hits - 7.99
PS3 - Darksiders II - 14.99
PS3 - DJ Hero 2 Stand Alone Software - 2.99
PS3 - Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - 7.99
PS3 - MLB 12: The Show - 9.99
PS3 - NHL 12 - 9.99
PS3 - Saints Row The Third - 9.99
PS3 - Socom 4 - 9.99
PS3 - Starhawk - 9.99
PS3 - Xcom: Enemy Unknown - 14.99
Wii - Metriod: Other M - 7.99
Wii - Nintendo Selects: Pikmin 2 - 4.99
Wii - Sin & Punishment 2: Star Successor - 9.99
Wii - uDraw Dood's Big Adventure - 2.99
Wii U - Darksiders II - 19.99
X360 - Battlefield Bad Company 2 Platinum - 7.99
X360 - Darksiders II - 14.99
X360 - Dragon Age 2 - 4.99
X360 - Fable: The Journey - 9.99
X360 - NBA Baller Beats - 9.99
X360 - Red Faction Armageddon - 4.99

Stock will be limited at stores (think 1-5 copies a store), and since this is clearance there will not be any more copies made available/shipped out. Once they gone, they gone!

Other clearance items will include various phones and computers as well as unlisted games (again YMMV on those especially, thanks midnightmetal for that info), but I don't have much info on those. Happy Hunting!

Note-
"If you have rewardzone points they can be used in-store as well. Either print off the certificate from https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/ or ask the cashier to look up the certificate for you on the register....in order to do so they need your reward zone card or they can just look it up with your phone number. "

Note #2

emails are going out for a seperate clearance as well (credit to CrossFireXT17 for the link and stuff)

Here is the link to the big clearance for lots of things (the movies link doesn't work yet) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-P...paignID=369667 ... think that should be pretty universal

Last edited by a moderator:
When you price match, is it done at guest services or at the cashier in the electronic's section?

[quote name='loudguy']YMMV!!!!! I had Target price match Xcom for me. This was at the Atlantic mall Target in Brooklyn, NY. Heads up to anyone still looking.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sm04as']When you price match, is it done at guest services or at the cashier in the electronic's section?[/QUOTE]
Customer service, you get an employee in electronic's to bring the game down to their desk and wait line.

[quote name='oasisboy']CAG is interesting. One second GameStop is this despicable place, the next second it becomes the destination to trade (dump) games.[/QUOTE]

No, I believe it remained a despicable place throughout.

I tried to get a PM at Target for two copies of Saint's Row: The Third and Adventure Time, but I was told that I couldn't get it without a physical ad showing the prices. Is this for real or was the employee wrong (i.e., are those of you getting Target PMs getting clueless employees or not?)? I asked "Are you sure?" several times and she kept saying that I couldn't get the PM even though the prices were definitely effective in-store.

[quote name='Vigilante']I tried to get a PM at Target for two copies of Saint's Row: The Third and Adventure Time, but I was told that I couldn't get it without a physical ad showing the prices. Is this for real or was the employee wrong (i.e., are those of you getting Target PMs getting clueless employees or not?)? I asked "Are you sure?" several times and she kept saying that I couldn't get the PM even though the prices were definitely effective in-store.[/QUOTE]

show her the online listings/cart price on your phone, that usually does the trick.

I HAVE A PIKMIN 2 FOR SALE. JUST PAY $4.99 + SHIPPING AND ILL GLADLY HOOK UP A CAG. I DON'T HAVE A WII.

[quote name='jimjom']show her the online listings/cart price on your phone, that usually does the trick. [/QUOTE]Therein lies the problem--my phone is archaic and has no internet capability. #-o

I got lucky! Bestbuy let me price match with Target buy 2 get 1 Free. Picked up 6 games $10 Each for $40-ish. Also, Picked up 3 more games $8 and $5 for $13 :) A good trip :)

How the heck are you guys PMing the BBY prices? I want a 16gb memory stick. Probably from Target since they had some last i checked. I think they usually require you to bring a print ad. Are you just taking your smartphones to customer service or something? How are you guys doing this? I was thinking of trying to get one tomorow

[quote name='jimjom']show her the online listings/cart price on your phone, that usually does the trick.

I HAVE A PIKMIN 2 FOR SALE. JUST PAY $4.99 + SHIPPING AND ILL GLADLY HOOK UP A CAG. I DON'T HAVE A WII.[/QUOTE]

I'm interested. PM me. Your inbox is full.

[quote name='maximumzero']Hotel Transylvania? I wonder if that's a nation-wide sale/clearance.[/QUOTE]

Not showing up on the site.. if it was really $5 id bite, my niece loves the movie shed probably be interested in the game too

[quote name='Vigilante']That's what I used to think, but past store-pickup experiences have proven otherwise:

-New Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition instead of used vanilla edition
-New Borderlands GotY instead of used Borderlands standard edition
-New Bulletstorm instead of used copy
-Yesterday, two copies of Saint's Row the Third: The Full Package instead of standard editions

:roll:[/QUOTE]

u have a bby guardian angel

[quote name='paayter']u have a bby guardian angel[/QUOTE]You know, you might be right--I went to do another store pickup for a vanilla Saint's Row: The Third...and got another copy of The Full Package! :lol:

So uh, I found out about this about 48 hours too late. I could get... NBA Baller Beats. heh.

I might try duping Target into giving me these prices. Ever since their price match policy shifted, they've been pretty easy to work with for the most part.

[quote name='Vigilante']You know, you might be right--I went to do another store pickup for a vanilla Saint's Row: The Third...and got another copy of The Full Package! :lol:[/QUOTE]

The Video Game God is smiling brightly with you. :lol:

Managed to price match the Target B2G1 sale with this, it was a hassle, manager had to approve, they made up some stuff about the price difference exceeding $60, and took way too long (YMMV of course). Free Rayman Origins is nice though!

TONS of Kirby Mass Attack at King of Prussia Mall if anyone is in that area.

[quote name='Donut2922']Evidently all of the dumb BB employees work at Vigilante's store.[/QUOTE]Stores, plural--this "guardian angel" behavior has happened at four separate stores now (I commute to grad school a few times a week and pass a few BBYs on the way). :lol:

Thank you OP and others for sharing information. I was able to the snag the 2 CE's Guides / X-Com w\DLC (Walmart PM) / PS Vita Accesories (Sears - $3 a piece). Been wanting for awhile to get Darksiders II LE for the PS3 but can't find. Couldn't find it when it was on sale for $15 on the sale before. If someone is able to get one for the price i can straight pay you and the shipping if that is possible. I have the CE but trying to get that edition as a gift for a friend. Does anyone have the SKU for it?

[quote name='Pend']Thank you OP and others for sharing information. I was able to the snag the 2 CE's Guides / X-Com w\DLC (Walmart PM) / PS Vita Accesories (Sears - $3 a piece). Been wanting for awhile to get Darksiders II LE for the PS3 but can't find. Couldn't find it when it was on sale for $15 on the sale before. If someone is able to get one for the price i can straight pay you and the shipping if that is possible. I have the CE but trying to get that edition as a gift for a friend. Does anyone have the SKU for it?[/QUOTE]

What Vita accessories did you get for $3 a piece and was it online or in store at a sears?

[quote name='dark_inchworm']So uh, I found out about this about 48 hours too late. I could get... NBA Baller Beats. heh.

I might try duping Target into giving me these prices. Ever since their price match policy shifted, they've been pretty easy to work with for the most part.[/QUOTE]

Gonna ask again because no one answered: How do you guys PM this stuff at Target? I want to PM the 16gb vita card and maybe pikmin but i seem to recall them always demanding a print ad in the past. Do i go to customer service and bring it up on my phone? How are you guys PMing this stuff at Target?

I was gonna try it tomorrow but need to know what to do to get them to do it before i do it.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Gonna ask again because no one answered: How do you guys PM this stuff at Target? I want to PM the 16gb vita card and maybe pikmin but i seem to recall them always demanding a print ad in the past. Do i go to customer service and bring it up on my phone? How are you guys PMing this stuff at Target?

I was gonna try it tomorrow but need to know what to do to get them to do it before i do it.[/QUOTE]

Go to Customer Service where the they will call over the GSA or STL or whatever to come and grab the iPad. They then look up the prices through there and will adjust the price accordingly.

I can verify as well that the B2G1 works without any extra hassle even after CS has adjusted the prices. Getting someone who does not make a fuss about that however is the real trick.

[quote name='Donut2922']Evidently all of the dumb BB employees work at Vigilante's store.[/QUOTE]

Its Maryland, what do you expect?

the best buy I stopped by had a clearance section with games at 50% and 75% off.. I picked up WWE 11 and some MMA arcade style game with a red cover for $3 something each.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I got lucky! Bestbuy let me price match with Target buy 2 get 1 Free. Picked up 6 games $10 Each for $40-ish. Also, Picked up 3 more games $8 and $5 for $13 :) A good trip :)[/QUOTE]

Lol did you bring Targets ad with you? Got shot down twice already maybe I should try everyday this week till they give in

[quote name='kcobra22']Dragon Age 2 and Red Faction are shipping for the 360 again, just ordered my copies.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up. Grabbed Dragon Age 2. Already got Red Faction from GS a few weeks ago for $6.

[quote name='The Punisher']How is cag here getting them to pricematch target b2g1?[/QUOTE]
I brought the Target ad. Manager had to approve. He probably didn't give it much thought since my free game was $5 Pikmin 2 :p

-Edit- Tried to pm Target b2g1 today with three 3DS games and was denied. It all depends on your cashier and manager.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I got Pikmin 2 (two copies were left, a worker said they had tons that morning but it's selling out fast), Pokemon Rumble, and the last copies of Rayman Origins (3DS) and Starhawk for around $32, fantastic haul! Damn I love Best Buy :D Thought about Dragon's Dogma and Saints Row 3rd, but my backlog is big enough already and those aren't the types of games I'd really enjoy anyways. I did nab an Assassin's Creed III collector's edition guide for under $6, I have never bought a guide before but surely the extras will be worth the $6 right?

I am still kicking myself for failing to realize that Bad Company 2 was on sale. I don't know if the store had any copies, but I'd have jumped on that too :(.

Anyways how are you guys getting the B2G1 to work? Do you HAVE to have a copy of the ad with you? Does a manager have to do the override? Unfortanutely I didn't get it, should've pushed harder for the discount but I only would have saved $7 and it's hardly worth the gas to go back and try to get the reciept adjusted.

My best buy had a pilot wings and a brutal legend both brand new with purple stickers on them. I had them ring them up to see how much they were, but they were both still $40 and $20, I was hoping I could get Brutal Legend for $2.99.

I did end up getting baller beats, fable journey, starhawk, pokemon rumble and a 3ds power pack. Good haul.

nab myself a copy of Xcom online today. was surprised that it was available to order. $15 plus that 500 points for purchasing over $10 thing on the facebook app only makes it $5 for me

[quote name='ctclements']My best buy had a pilot wings and a brutal legend both brand new with purple stickers on them. I had them ring them up to see how much they were, but they were both still $40 and $20, I was hoping I could get Brutal Legend for $2.99.

I did end up getting baller beats, fable journey, starhawk, pokemon rumble and a 3ds power pack. Good haul.[/QUOTE]

Why would you not have them match the website?!?

[quote name='bjaigorgor']nab myself a copy of Xcom online today. was surprised that it was available to order. $15 plus that 500 points for purchasing over $10 thing on the facebook app only makes it $5 for me[/QUOTE]

Really?! How much cash came out of your wallet? $15 or $5. 500rz points in a month doesn't make todays transaction any cheaper. Just saying....

[quote name='shadowkast']Really?! How much cash came out of your wallet? $15 or $5. 500rz points in a month doesn't make todays transaction any cheaper. Just saying....[/QUOTE]

haven't you been taking polls and stuff on bestbuy app on facebook? there was a thread here about it...

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336030

they got the following as a promotion from people voting and by clicking on it for a purchase, you get the deal:

"You Voted, We Listened Members who interact with this app by March 23 get 500 points on one qualifying transaction over $10. Online & in-store. Excludes Gift Card purchases."

still have to pay $15.XX upfront but i guess i can use that $10 to buy a PSN Card to get DLC for the game to make it complete

So the B2G1 kicks in automatically? I was at target with 3 games but they wouldnt PM Darksiders 2 because it said limited edition and it didn't say limited edition on BB website.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Go to Customer Service where the they will call over the GSA or STL or whatever to come and grab the iPad. They then look up the prices through there and will adjust the price accordingly.

I can verify as well that the B2G1 works without any extra hassle even after CS has adjusted the prices. Getting someone who does not make a fuss about that however is the real trick.[/QUOTE]

Pricematched Darksiders 2 Wii U at Target last night as none of the local Best Buys had it.

I asked the lady in electronics to price match my phone and she said no, I needed a print ad.

So I went up to customer service, asked to speak to a manager, and he told me the same, I needed a printed ad.

I proceeded to point at the sign posted 2 feet away from where I was standing that says Target price matches BestBuy.com, in addition to other websites.

He says "Oh, that must be a new policy." and pricematches Best Buy.

[quote name='Rosterking']tried getting saints row the full package but rang up full price. What am I doing wrong? :*([/QUOTE]

Its for the non full package version that is on sale...now if you go to Walmart or Target, you may get lucky on a PM.

Got lucky and scored Pikmin 2 today. :D Last copy in the store, it didn't show up in inventory, wasn't anywhere where it was supposed to be, wasn't in clearance bin, and when I was about to give up until I randomly saw one copy sitting on an endcap all by itself (pretty sure it wasn't even in the right place either).

Now to return the copy I got at Target for B2G1 (which made it $13.33 paired with a couple of 360 games, I was willing to settle for that price but now I don't have too).

I ordered a couple things online and picked them up at the store today. I was happy about the prices and didn't complain.

I figured the shelves would be decimated from the weekend crowds snatching up stuff, but a couple other games I was initially on the fence about were still on the shelves. However, these were on a separate stand-alone kiosk in the middle of a normal traffic aisle. All the games were marked 50% off. When I got to the register, they rang up at the clearance prices, and the guy said, "Oops - forgot to take off the 50%" and then called a manager over to do price overrides. The manager didn't bat an eye. NBA Baller Beats $5, Fable the Journey $5, Darksiders II $7.49, and Saints Row the Third $5.

I also got my brother one of the $19.99 Avengers sets without it feeling like a splurge because I saved at least that much on the 50% off items.

YMMV obviously, but thanks anonymous BB cashier and manager.

[quote name='T1NY']Its for the non full package version that is on sale...now if you go to Walmart or Target, you may get lucky on a PM.[/QUOTE]

I don't know Target's policy, but ROFLMAO if you think you can get Wal-Mart to pricematch anything without AT LEAST a physical store ad. I have never been able to get any Wal-Mart to price match their own website, let alone somebody elses.

My local Wal-mart needs the ad and an SKU number :!: and even then it's a crapshoot, but then again they don't even honor their own sales either.

[quote name='paddlefoot']I apologize if this has been asked before, but is Best Buy's website accurate for store stock?[/QUOTE]

From my experience no.

[quote name='shadowkast']Why would you not have them match the website?!?[/QUOTE]

Both Pilot Wings and Brutal Legend aren't found on their website anymore. I can find them used, but not new anywhere on there.

[quote name='paddlefoot']I apologize if this has been asked before, but is Best Buy's website accurate for store stock?[/QUOTE]

not even close to accurate lol. i found 4 games that were listed as not avalible instore yesturday

bread's done
Back