New BestBuy RewardZone Program

edwardchu_333

CAGiversary!
Check out the new Reward Zone Program
http://www.myrewardzone.com
Sure there is no annual fee of $10, but they are totally ripping off us, CAGers.
With the old conversion rate spend $150 and you get $5, now you need to spend $250 just to get $5. Total Rip-Off. The worst part about this new system is that the points that was accumulate from the old program is now converted to the new point system. I was only a mere $10 away from being able to redeem $20, but now my points are only worth $10. Why BestBuy...why? Oh well more business for Amazon.com--> No tax and free ship if you sped $25.

I get coupons for 12,000 or 15,000 free points every once in a while with any purchase. Thats the only thing keeping it viable for me.

as much as they give double, triple and extra points; it's still better for the customer. The reward zone gives BB a slight edge over going to CC when I'm making a big purchase on something not on sale

Why do people bitch? It's still FREE money. CC does not have a RZ program. Basically, if you spend enough money, you will get FREE money. They DO NOT have to offer this. Since it is FREE now. I can see when you had to pay $10, that the points be lower, but now that it's FREE, I can understand why they changed the points.

It's basically a 2% kickback....which equals some credit cards. Or stack ot with a credit card and you can get more back.

[quote name='doubledown']Why do people bitch? It's still FREE money. CC does not have a RZ program. Basically, if you spend enough money, you will get FREE money. They DO NOT have to offer this. Since it is FREE now. I can see when you had to pay $10, that the points be lower, but now that it's FREE, I can understand why they changed the points.

It's basically a 2% kickback....which equals some credit cards. Or stack ot with a credit card and you can get more back.[/quote]
It's been a diminishing kickback as time has gone on with the program.

Started out at $5 back on $100 of purchases.

Then it went to $5 from $125 of purchases.

And before the recent changes, $5 from $150 of purchaes.

Down from 5% to 4% to 3% and now 2%. Sounds like diminshing returns as BB realized how much "money" they're putting out there. Certainly doesn't endear me to them.

[quote name='gizmogc']OMG! Sega is gong out of the hardware business!!!! Dreamcast is no more![/QUOTE]
Riiiigggghttt....Sega out of the hardware business. When I get my Half Life and Propeller Arena, I'll have the last laugh.

[quote name='Stoneage']Riiiigggghttt....Sega out of the hardware business. When I get my Half Life and Propeller Arena, I'll have the last laugh.[/QUOTE]

Viva la Chakan DC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if Best Buy bucks (Monopoly) invalidate the amount spent. If you buy a $30 game and pay with $30 worth of Best Buy bucks, does anyone know if it would amount to 30 points or 0 (since you didn't pay anything)?

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I wonder if Best Buy bucks (Monopoly) invalidate the amount spent. If you buy a $30 game and pay with $30 worth of Best Buy bucks, does anyone know if it would amount to 30 points or 0 (since you didn't pay anything)?[/quote]

I would think so, since when you use a reward zone coupon it takes off some of what you spent, only giving you credit for $25 of a $30 purchase if you use a $5 coupon

[quote name='Demolition Man']I hate to say it but your wrong doubledown. CC does have one on their credit card.[/QUOTE]

I think he meant a stand-alone rewards card, not a credit card rewards program (for which it seems every major company has these days anyway). It's disappointing, but it's a business move. I'll still hold on to mine, I got it for free last year anyway, and since I usually only go there when they have sales, the extra $5 is a bonus for me if I can get it.

Unfortunately the better the program the more likely they are to cut it. I remember EB used to have a rewards program back in the late 80s/early 90s. I believe back then it was a $25 gift certificate for every $250 spent. Eventually they lowered it drastically to like $5, then to nothing. I remember the guy trying to refuse my last voucher because they didn't do it anymore. I forced him to take it though since the things had no expiration date and were basically gift certificates.

Sorry to bump this old thread but I just joined RZ a few days ago. I just had a question regarding purchases that you return. I found a receipt from last year when I purchased an Xbox 360. I have long since returned it to Best Buy when that unit was giving me DREs. I ended up getting a new 360 somewhere else.

Is it still possible to register the points from a "returned item?" Note that I am not trying to scam Best Buy. It is simply not worth the hassle of buying a $500 item, returning it and collecting 500 points which would equal a measly $10 for the "work."

But I do have a bunch of receipts from Best Buy purchases that I made before I joined RZ. Nothing big, a few DS games like Big Brain Academy, Clubhouse Games, and Contact. It states that I can enter the code for past purchases. I just want to make sure that I won't get in any trouble for registering an item that I may or may not have anymore. I'm also wondering, what is stopping Best Buy from people simply buying things from points and returning the items (even though it isn't cost-effective)?

[quote name='Kendro']Sorry to bump this old thread but I just joined RZ a few days ago. I just had a question regarding purchases that you return. I found a receipt from last year when I purchased an Xbox 360. I have long since returned it to Best Buy when that unit was giving me DREs. I ended up getting a new 360 somewhere else.

Is it still possible to register the points from a "returned item?" Note that I am not trying to scam Best Buy. It is simply not worth the hassle of buying a $500 item, returning it and collecting 500 points which would equal a measly $10 for the "work."

But I do have a bunch of receipts from Best Buy purchases that I made before I joined RZ. Nothing big, a few DS games like Big Brain Academy, Clubhouse Games, and Contact. It states that I can enter the code for past purchases. I just want to make sure that I won't get in any trouble for registering an item that I may or may not have anymore. I'm also wondering, what is stopping Best Buy from people simply buying things from points and returning the items (even though it isn't cost-effective)?[/QUOTE]

I think already you know the answer to your question, No.

When I tried entering in a purchase for something I bought before I was an Reward Zone member, it did NOT accept it. The date of purchase must be greater than or equal to the membership date.

when you return something, they deduct the points awarded for the purchase from your account. If you try to enter a reciept from something already returned, it will not get authorized.

[quote name='cheapfrag']When I tried entering in a purchase for something I bought before I was an Reward Zone member, it did NOT accept it. The date of purchase must be greater than or equal to the membership date.[/quote]
QFT.

LOL, so not worth the effort. I only posted my question because I already have a few older receipts in my desk. Though the 360 receipt was the one I was most anxious about. Oh well, no loss.

bread's done
Back