New Bioshock gameplay vid

I think I may try one of their other games that people recommend so much (System Shock?) while I wait for this game. It has this amazing 1920's aesthetic with the Ayn Rand utopia gone to hell vibe. This could be my favorite game I've never played.

I have been wanting a shooter along these lines for a long time. DX is really the last time I can remember someone taking the formula and making a great game out of it.

I hope the 360 ends up looking that good (saw it on gamespot which said it was the PC version).

Some parts remind me a lot of Condemned (good thing).

[quote name='help1']What exactly is up with this game? Why did the guys that kept dying keep on respawning?[/QUOTE]
They were teleporting brainiac.

Game looks fantastic.

[quote name='zewone']They were teleporting brainiac.

Game looks fantastic.[/quote]
Yea, because teleportation is in every game. I said I hadn't known much about the game, so fuck off.

[quote name='help1']Yea, because teleportation is in every game. I said I hadn't known much about the game, so fuck off.[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings Nancy, but it was just common sense.

Reminds me of Deus ex, but I would have taken it in a different art direction. Also sort of has the aesthetic (using this word a lot lately) of FEAR.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Reminds me of Deus ex, but I would have taken it in a different art direction. Also sort of has the aesthetic (using this word a lot lately) of FEAR.[/QUOTE]

different art direction? do tell.

Anyone who's excited about this would do well to wile away the time until launch playing System Shock 2. Play it in the dark with the sound up real loud. Excellent game.

I'm always very impressed with these free-form battle demos developers will put it, but I find I'll rarely experience anything that extensive during my own play.

What'll happen, at least with me, is I'll find a few optimal ways to kill things and stick with those. Even when some incredibly inventive way to kill something presents itself, I'll most likely be too busy trying not to die to recognize it.

I'm a huge fan of emergent gameplay... maybe I'm just no good at it.

It looks great. Let's just hope all the screen tearing is not in the final product. Which I assume since it's still awhile before release that they will fix it. This game and the new Half-Life Orange and I won't even have time to play Halo 3. :)

I'm thinking the 360 was my best console purchase ever. I loved my original Xbox but the games on the 360 are very impressive.

This may be the game to push me to get a 360, if it turns out as amazing as these developer videos have made it seem so far.

Wow that was awesome. Everytime I see new footage of this game I get more pumped for its release. I'm actually really glad it got delayed until August, now I have time to play thru Mass Effect before this game hits.

I can't believe how successful that petition has been. It's well over double what 2K was looking for.

Man that petition took off!!! I can't believe in that short of time it got over 14,000 sigs. That is probably the most successful online petition I have ever seen. Usually they all just die after about 3 hrs.

I'm with the guy above in saying that while these tricky battles are really neat, it's very rare that your average player will get the opportunity to employ these techniques.

bread's done
Back