New Blockbuster game deal

Astinus Majere

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I work at a Blockbuster in Michigan, and I have found out that starting next tuesday(5/11) there will be an ongoing game deal. The deal is: Buy one previously played game, get the second for half price. I'm pretty sure this is a nationwide deal, and it's supposedly going to be a permanent thing. I just found out about this today, so I thought I would let you all know about it early.

huh, sorry, I checked the first page, and I didn't see anything, and I just heard about it today so I thought it was a pretty new deal.

I did hear one other thing too. Apparently pretty soon all games are going to be 5 day rentals. I think it kinda sucks, but hey, I get my rentals for free anyways!

yeah, it's supposed to be like the previously viewed DVD's 2 for $20 deal. They want to have ongoing deals, instead of just a deal here and there.

I work at one of the Grand Rapids stores. We only have PS2, PS1, GCUBE, and XBOX games previously played, but the game rush stores(there are 2 that I know of in grand rapids) have Genesis, NES, SNES, Saturn, Dreamcast, GB, GBA, and N64.

Another thing that just came out. I have training tomorrow for "Blockbuster 3.0" which is some new stuff we're gonna be doing. All stores(even non-game rush) are going to be accepting game and DVD trade-ins. Late charges are also going to be daily instead of by rental period like they are now.

Whenever you get more information about all of the blockbuster things be sure to post them.

It seems like there are many changes going on at Blockbuster. Some good and a whole lot of bad.

Did you really need to post 3x in a row? This is the 2nd thread i've seen you post multiple times in a row. Anyway, this is a pretty good deal. Sometimes it's hard to find good games at Blockbuster though.

hey sj41, if you want to re-write something to your original post, or just add something to it, you can push the "edit" button in the top right hand corner. :D welcome to CAG!

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']hey sj41, if you want to re-write something to your original post, or just add something to it, you can push the "edit" button in the top right hand corner. :D welcome to CAG![/quote]I know it's just not as quick for me. Sorry. Wow look at me I'm editing!I also don't like to make long posts so I just do it in smaller parts. Amazing, I'm editing again. I just can't stop now. I'm hooked forever. :lol:I've also got lots of questions and comments.

[quote name='sighlintbob']Did you really need to post 3x in a row? This is the 2nd thread i've seen you post multiple times in a row.[/quote]

This is why he signed up 20 days ago and is at 113 posts already. :?

[quote name='Cmosfm'][quote name='sighlintbob']Did you really need to post 3x in a row? This is the 2nd thread i've seen you post multiple times in a row.[/quote]

This is why he signed up 20 days ago and is at 113 posts already. :?[/quote]Not really I'm just here alot and have nothing else to do. I'll tell you what I will try to edit more often that way I don't look like a huge dumbass. :roll: I just never thought it was that annoying.

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='doraemonkerpal']hey sj41, if you want to re-write something to your original post, or just add something to it, you can push the "edit" button in the top right hand corner. :D welcome to CAG![/quote]I know it's just not as quick for me. Sorry. Wow look at me I'm editing!I also don't like to make long posts so I just do it in smaller parts. Amazing, I'm editing again. I just can't stop now. I'm hooked forever. :lol:I've also got lots of questions and comments.[/quote]

hey, it's cool. you'll get the hang of it soon and before you know it, you'll be a veteran :D

[quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='doraemonkerpal']hey sj41, if you want to re-write something to your original post, or just add something to it, you can push the "edit" button in the top right hand corner. :D welcome to CAG![/quote]I know it's just not as quick for me. Sorry. Wow look at me I'm editing!I also don't like to make long posts so I just do it in smaller parts. Amazing, I'm editing again. I just can't stop now. I'm hooked forever. :lol:I've also got lots of questions and comments.[/quote]

hey, it's cool. you'll get the hang of it soon and before you know it, you'll be a veteran :D[/quote]Well I would love to be a veteran with the rest of all of you. Thanks. :D

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='doraemonkerpal']hey sj41, if you want to re-write something to your original post, or just add something to it, you can push the "edit" button in the top right hand corner. :D welcome to CAG![/quote]I know it's just not as quick for me. Sorry. Wow look at me I'm editing!I also don't like to make long posts so I just do it in smaller parts. Amazing, I'm editing again. I just can't stop now. I'm hooked forever. :lol:I've also got lots of questions and comments.[/quote]

hey, it's cool. you'll get the hang of it soon and before you know it, you'll be a veteran :D[/quote]Well I would love to be a veteran with the rest of all of you. Thanks. :D[/quote]

sure but remember, spamming is not the way to do it.... err well it kinda is but its not the right way. :wink:

When you buy games @ Blockbuster you don't get anything except the disk and the Blockbuster case right? I wish they would give it to you complete.

No usually you can get the games complete, and if they arent ask them to check in the back and see if they have the case. I used to work there, and for every game we got we got a coverbox, so techinically every game should have a box unless some employee was to lazy to search through the boxes.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']id much rather have the buy one get one free deal that blockbusters around my way run every few months[/quote]

I haven't spent any money at Blockbuster in about 8 months, then in the past 3, I've used two Rent One Game, Get One Free coupons.
Then, last week, I got a flyer from BB with...
a 2 for 1 rental card.
Usable til 6/15/04, as many times as I want, rent 1 anything, get 1 anything free [lower priced rental free, of course.] 1 game, 1 game free. 1 game, 1 dvd new release free. 1 dvd, 1 dvd free. etc. Only good at the store where it was activated.
Unfortunately, I think I've played all the games my local BB has that I want to play, and I rent movies from Netflix, so I might not get a lot of use out it, except for a few new release games between now and 6/15.
Anyone else gotten one of these?

And I'm sorry, I quoted you, but I just now read your post closer and saw that you said BUY one get one free, not RENT one get one free. The card is on my desk in front of my computer, so I guess I had 'rent' on the mind.

I bought Max Payne 2 used from BB a while back, complete with box, manual, and a perfect disc that looked like it was never even rented. So the condition can vary.

Are you sure about that 5-day thing though? Somehow I can't see that happening unless they really thing people are going to be dumb enough to get that Game Pass thing (I had it for a month because I got a $5 off coupon and it wasn't bad, but it wasn't worth renewing for $20 either).

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']I bought Max Payne 2 used from BB a while back, complete with box, manual, and a perfect disc that looked like it was never even rented. So the condition can vary.

Are you sure about that 5-day thing though? Somehow I can't see that happening unless they really thing people are going to be dumb enough to get that Game Pass thing (I had it for a month because I got a $5 off coupon and it wasn't bad, but it wasn't worth renewing for $20 either).[/quote]

I liked the Game Pass when I had it...rented about 15 games for 20 bucks that month. Not a bad deal at all.

I'm definitely gonna have to check this out come Tuesday. Saw some potentially good deals on some PS1 games when I was there yesterday.

Anyone know how the trade in prices at Blockbuster are? It'd be nice to know for future reference ^_^

i dont have exact #'s, but they seem to be bertter than eb and gs, and most of the time better than game crazy

[quote name='Blamo']Anyone know how the trade in prices at Blockbuster are? It'd be nice to know for future reference ^_^[/quote]
I think that all of the used BB games are games that that had up for rent, not traded in, atleast at my local blockbuster.

bread's done
Back