New CAG Affiliate: VideoGameCentral.com - 10% off for CAGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
I recently spoke to the management of VideoGameCentral.com, an online retailer located out of NYC. They very much wanted to be a part of the CAG affiliate family and I thought you guys might find their large selection of gaming goods interesting. In addition to new releases, they carry classic games, imports, and other specialty products

They've offered up a 10% off coupon: cheapvgcgamer, which is good for any purchase.

VideoGameCentral.com

I haven't had a chance to go through the site on a deal search, but Bargain Bin Games - Cheap Games might be a good place to start.

Yeah, those coupon codes pretty much pushed him over from "misinformed businessman trying to make a break" to "petty jerk that has no sense of professionalism".

[quote name='tnote827']So if I order something pre-played, and it comes disc only in less than stellar condition, how easy are returns?[/quote]

Returns are easy yet always inconvenient to the customer so we make sure to check all our CD's and resurface the ones with issues on our JFJ Disc Repair machines. They're all 100% guaranteed. It's not like a used game from the chain stores where it looks like someone's skated on it.

Here's the process of the used games.
  1. When they come in they are checked to see if resurface is needed and put in the proper bin if required.
  2. When the person pulls your order he checks the game to see is it's in need of repair or not.
  3. Upon processing your order and completing your sale a different person checks the game again.
  4. The shipper make sure games are in their cases upon packing and does one more check.
We do have hundreds of games though so if by chance one got thru without someone getting it we would fully back the process of you returning it and replacing it.

[quote name='TheOracle']I agree. But Roufuss tried to be very hurtful with his comments to VGC and myself. [/QUOTE]
Are you new to customer service? Seriously. Welcome to what we call "customers". They'll call you every name in the book and your job is to deal with it. If they cross the line of what's appropriate you can say, "I'm sorry we couldn't do business" and end any interaction with that person. Otherwise you suck it up and deal with it.

Those coupons are childish and immature. They make you look like a petulant five year old. You've turned off possible customers with that stunt. I'm sure they're thinking "What if I had an unresolved complaint and you were spiteful and childish towards me about it?"

I sure as hell wouldn't deal with a company fronted by such an unprofessional jerk. I'm firing off a PM to CheapyD letting him know how I feel about it, and that I won't be clicking through any affiliate links until your affiliation is terminated.

Those new coupons are undoubtedly better, but they really don't provide an answer to most of the complaints in this topic.

I admit it: it's not a bad deal for 360 and PS3 games. You can get any new one for about $50 with the value shipping and no tax (for me, shipping to Florida). Often we find better deals in periodical sales, but for typical pricing, that's certainly reasonable. Unfortunately, I don't own a 360 or a PS3, and we already have $10 off coupons for Circuit City and Best Buy that pop up every month or so.

On new Wii games, it comes out to be $45, which you can get with the Best Buy GGC anyways. Almost everything sold for less than $40 is still cheaper at most of the major retailers even after the 18% off. And what's the deal with Wii Play being sold above MSRP? It's not hard to find or anything...

The imports are overpriced beyond 18%, as are most of the "classic" games / systems. I bought a used Sega Saturn with a controller, memory unit, and game for $39.99 at a local gaming shop here. You're selling just the system for $89.99 on your site. The game I got, Sonic 3D Blast, retails for $39.99 on your site. It was $9.99 at the place I bought my Saturn. I will say that I'm slightly impressed by your pricing on NiGHTs into Dreams (it's about on par with eBay), but I would be shocked if it actually includes the controller, and if not, then it's not really a deal at all.

I also have a difficult time supporting a company that makes itself out to be a niche gaming store when they post stuff like this:

Playstation 2 Guitar Hero 1 Game Only
Compare Lowest Average Price on the Web at: $49.99

Your Discount Sale Price Now: $44.88

Overpricing your retail and marking it down to look good is one thing. Posting complete bullshit about other sites is another ballgame. The MSRP for Guitar Hero 1's unbundled version is $39.99. That's what everyone sells it for, so your "Lowest Average Price on the Web" is either highly erroneous or highly misleading to consumers. People on CAG get sorta pissed over stuff like that.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: your site has a lot to offer, but CheapAssGamer isn't the audience you think it is. You're going to do nothing but lose credibility by attempting to keep a relationship with this community...

What's even better is that I offered to step aside and leave this thread alone, and I kept true to that promise, until I was made aware of these oh so hilarious coupons.

I was accused of slander by VGC before, but this is clearly libel, and use, a cheap shot.

I really have nothing to say other than the actions here speak for themselves and CAG's can come to their own conclusions.

But it's hilarious how I even said I was done with this thread and this store, and didn't post there since, but I get attacked after the fact. That is clearly professional. This guy couldn't let it go, it seems.

I'm honored that I've made such an impact on this store though.

[quote name='daroga']The issue is that they are against the ToS for CAG, thus if you want to be affiliated with us, you should take those flash carts, etc. down.

Oh, and while the device itself might be legal, methinks that advertising it with "PLAYS ILLEGAL GAMES!!!!!" is a tad suspect.[/quote]

I still haven't seen you address this problem. I think a vast majority of CAG's issues are really with this. Who cares if your prices are higher on some things? We simply wont buy them. But these things have to go. Why should you be allowed to sell these items aimed directly at us if we can't sell/trade them ourselves? Hell sometimes we can't even talk about them.

[quote name='TheOracle']roufussdufus = Free Shipping coupon (again, remember to choose value)
[/quote]
This is the most childish thing I've ever seen on the CAG boards since I've been here. I thought about how to handle it and I figured I could only fight fire with fire. So here's my reply to this, being the most childish I could be: fuck You.

[quote name='Damian']I won't be clicking through any affiliate links until your affiliation is terminated.[/quote] Count me in on this one.

edit...
[quote name='PM from TheOracle after I had posted in reply to his discount coupon']
Hi,

It is getting back in a humorous way. It's harmless,

Without any direct attacks, Mr.Roufus called me anything from trash, to a bootlegger and more...

It's only letters.... But the discount is real[/quote]Nice going. So, you admit there's "revenge" involved.

[quote name='Damian']I sure as hell wouldn't deal with a company fronted by such an unprofessional jerk. I'm firing off a PM to CheapyD letting him know how I feel about it, and that I won't be clicking through any affiliate links until your affiliation is terminated.[/QUOTE]
I've now done so. I urge anyone else who feels the same way to do so as well. Keeping one small fry affiliate won't stem the loss of all the other big ones, so CheapyD would have to reconsider at that point.

[quote name='Damian']I've now done so. I urge anyone else who feels the same way to do so as well. Keeping one small fry affiliate won't stem the loss of all the other big ones, so CheapyD would have to reconsider at that point.[/quote]

I tried that a week ago and nothing. I don't understand what Cheapy is thinking/doing.

[quote name='yoursisterspretty']I tried that a week ago and nothing. I don't understand what Cheapy is thinking/doing.[/QUOTE]
It's a matter of volume. A handful of people will always be complaining. A steady and increasing stream of very similar complaints will be noticed. If they're not noticed then, well, no loss to me.

Oracle, I don't like you. You sound like an idiot and you're pretty whiny. Before you can stop me and say "Durr, I don't care whut you thank!!," like you have with most other people here, let me stop you -- you're being an asshat, and you're chasing away whatever potential customers you could've gotten from CAG. Do you really understand how a business or customers work? I'm convinced that you don't and you probably never will given your refusal to do anything meaningful as far as listening to potential customers' qualms.

Wow, just wow. What could have been a chance to step up and really make an impression, blown in one post. I really hope they get dropped as an affiliate, because any business thats going to go out of its way to alienate customers......

[quote name='TheOracle']I agree. But Roufuss tried to be very hurtful with his comments to VGC and myself.

UncleBobby coup was more a respectful nod to him then anything else.

It's only letters,... but the discounts are real.[/quote]

But hey, what he said, they're just letters, right?

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I don't want to add fuel to the fire but I live near a VGC and their prices are crazy! I don't even bother going there when I need a game, and there staff sucks too! Also It wouldn’t hurt to clean up your store, be more professional there store is a god damn mess! clean up your act and lower your prices...[/FONT]

I took the initiative to find a few other issues with your company's site.

http://store.videogamecentral.com/nidspno.html
Your Nintendo DS bundle pictures the unreleased E3 model of the system. For $300, you offer a $30 starter kit, two $20 games, and a system that now retails for $130. Let's do some math...wait, I'm still coming up $100 short of the price you're selling it for. Let's add the random accessory in for good measure, and say that costs another $20. Still $80. Markup much? I admit that I found this page through your Gamecube page, though, so let's go to your actual Nintendo DS page:

http://store.videogamecentral.com/nidsdscpogas.html
Wow, only $200 for the old version of a system that retails for $130? Sounds like a "nice price" to me too, as in, nice for you. I especially like that you're required to buy a $55 "accessory and game bundle" to go with it, and you don't even get to pick the actual game (just the genre).

http://store.videogamecentral.com/ddr245.html
This bundle also struck me as rather odd. You sell the pad alone for $79.99, but it comes out to $219 when you add DDR Mario Mix? Are you seriously trying to sell DDR Mario Mix for $140?! It didn't even come near that on eBay when it was considered rare, and now it's widely available again at $49.99.

http://store.videogamecentral.com/segesohe2p.html
I'm just posting this one for a laugh, because I haven't seen it priced at more than $4.99 in over five years.

http://store.videogamecentral.com/earlydvds.html
Because I work at Blockbuster, I know how insanely illegal this is. I thought Blockbuster's prices were pretty bad (MSRP 19.99, BBP 21.99), but your's are even worse. So you think you should get paid extra for breaking street dates? Eh, whatever floats your boat.

http://store.videogamecentral.com/nintendo-wii-nunchuk.html
http://store.videogamecentral.com/nintendo-wii-classic-controller.html
http://store.videogamecentral.com/nintendo-wii-remote.html
Saying all the "lowest average prices" are $10 more than they actually are again, and then still pricing them higher than MSRP. You're an interesting one, my friend.

[quote name='Lunatixz'][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I don't want to add fuel to the fire but I live near a VGC and their prices are crazy! I don't even bother going there when I need a game, and there staff sucks too! Also It wouldn’t hurt to clean up your store, be more professional there store is a god damn mess! clean up your act and lower your prices...[/font][/quote]

This is VGC X360 In-Store bundle:
X360 Premium
X360 Game of Choice
X360 2nd Wireless Control
$499.99 ($10 less then GS)

PS3 In-Store Bundle:
PS3 60GB alone: $589.99 ($10 less then GS, Circuit)
or
PS3 60GB
PS3 Game of Choice
PS3 2nd Game of Choice
PS3 2nd Wireless Sony Control
PS3 HD cable of choice(HDMI or Component)
PS3 Ps2 Memory Card Adapter
$799.99 ($20-$40 less then others)

All Pre-Owned Games are BUY 2 GET 1 FREE. All games are priced similar to GS going rate.

PS2 Memory SONY 8MB Card is $19.99 (GS is $24.99)

PSP 1GB SONY HIGH SPEED Memory Stick $39.99 (GS has a San Disc regular speed for the same price)

All games prebooked before release gets an additional $3.00 off. (Same prices on release as GS less the $3.00)

What crazy prices are you referring too?

[quote name='Damian']Don't worry, I'm sure they're all completely licensed and legit. If you have any doubts, you can ask the guys here, they provide their email address at the bottom: [email protected][/QUOTE]

That link is very helpful. Hopefully, their customer service will be able to tell me which games are on the cart.

[quote name='Brak']ROUFUSS WAS COUPOWNED!!![/quote]

LOL, Good one.

Listen, everyone. If you don't see the ORDER button, the item's zeroed out and is a dead link. So most of the items's referred to in your post have no ORDER button.

It seems me responding to you guys adds more fuel to any fire then any other posts.

So I will gracefully let you use the coupons, if you so desire that is, until the end of June as stated.

If I see you like the promotion I will add another one next month otherwise it has been a blast wrastling with you Crusader's of Cost, Samurai's of The Sale, etc...

I'm going to sleep...

Good Night,

[quote name='TheOracle']LOL, Good one.

Listen, everyone. If you don't see the ORDER button, the item's zeroed out and is a dead link. So most of the items's referred to in your post have no ORDER button.

It seems me responding to you guys adds more fuel to any fire then any other posts.

So I will gracefully let you use the coupons, if you so desire that is, until the end of June as stated.

If I see you like the promotion I will add another one next month otherwise it has been a blast wrastling with you Crusader's of Cost, Samurai's of The Sale, etc...

I'm going to sleep...

Good Night,[/QUOTE]

sleep tight, little boy.

[quote name='TheOracle']New coupons valid until June 30th..

FROM NOW ON THE NEW VIDEOGAMECENTRAL CAG COUPON IS INCREASED TO 18% OFF:

cheapvgcgamer = 18% off coupon

or

AND IN HONOR OF VGC'S NUMBER ONE FAN, ROUFUSS, AN ADDITIONAL CAG COUPON FOR FREE SHIPPING (CHOOSE VALUE SHIP WHEN USING THIS COUPON, IT'S FIRST CLASS, NOT MEDIA):

roufussdufus = Free Shipping coupon (again, remember to choose value)

or

A $20 OFF CAG COUPON FOR OVER A $100 PURCHASE.

unclebobby = $20 Off coupon $100 purchase or more.

There is only one field to use the coupon when purchasing so you would just choose the one that most benefits you. These coupons are only for CAG members and will be active until June 30th.

There should be some good deals here, real coupons with a sense of humor added.[/QUOTE]

also, quoted so you can't take this back, you fuck.

:lol: Oh man I want that game, not the obvious pirate "IMPORT CART", but rather the game on the package!

Looks like someone beat Cheapy to "The Legend of Frank".

roufussdufus.png

YOUR is featured in the coupon, as well.

VideoGameCentral.com is such a mess, I would of gladly helped the site out but not after reading all of his comments that have been made in this thread.

[quote name='Brak']
roufussdufus.png

YOUR is featured in the coupon, as well.[/QUOTE]

This is correct. You're not offering an argument or anything, but still, it's correct. That coupon is legendary material.

SWEET JEEBUS!

I first read this thread when Cheapy listed the store as a new affiliate. Didn't like the prices and never checked the thread. I look again tonight, and...wow....fucking wow....

To The Oracle:

We here at CAG have ripped apart EVERY retailer, large and small, at one point or another. We still buy from them if the price is right. No reason VGC should get any better treatment. If your prices suck we'll let you know. Same for shipping. There are thousands (just a guess) of CAGers out there. If you can't handle the criticisms of a few of them without wiseass replies, maybe this isn't the place for you.

EDIT!
If you are going to be a wiseass, you gotta come up with something better than Roufusdufus. I mean, seriously, fifth graders would beat you up for saying that.

[quote name='Gamerguy']Holy shit. This is priceless. I didn't take screen captures, but he changed the prices on all those links I posted.

http://store.videogamecentral.com/nidsdscpogas.html
Dropped from $199.99 to $119.99

http://store.videogamecentral.com/segesohe2p.html
Dropped from $19.99 to $9.99

http://store.videogamecentral.com/ni...i-nunchuk.html
Dropped from $29.99 to $23.99 (STILL high!)

http://store.videogamecentral.com/ni...ontroller.html
Dropped from $23.99 to $19.83[/quote]
Sonic was 19.99. I clicked and was shocked.

The last 2 links are broken, just like how I pointed out how the pirate GBA cart's URL had changed.

Going to bed? Ha, maybe going to work.

[quote name='Chacrana']btw, Oracle, can you list what games are on this for me?

http://store.videogamecentral.com/gbav2imca2.html

I hate to blind buy something. I'll buy it though if you list those games for me.
So does that link not work for anybody else anymore. It worked earlier.

Same link:

http://store.videogamecentral.com/gbav2imca1.html[/quote]
This thread is awesome, just because of how fucked up it is.

edit// Shit now the link that I posted because the previous link was posted is busted. Seriously WTF.

edit2// The "import" carts are pulled now. Damn. And we didn't take screen shots.

holy shit, he emptied out the bootleg carts.

I still don't like you. I never would've bought from the site anyway. Kthx.

See, guys. Being a dick gets results.

Oh, tricky. I didn't care enough to click on it. Oracle, what games are on your bootleg wares? Or warez? Also, do suck my cock.

[quote name='Chacrana']This is correct. You're not offering an argument or anything, but still, it's correct. That coupon is legendary material.[/QUOTE]
seakingcoupon-1.png

I found 10 other links to pirate / bootleg games and sent the list to NoA Piracy. I wouldn't have bothered if he hadn't been such a fucking douchebag trying to hide his shady business practices from CAG by editing prices and deleting pages after we point out problems while pretending there is no problem to begin with. Admitting we're right and fixing stuff is one thing, but my god, this guy is a total nutcase...

[quote name='Gamerguy']I found 10 other links to pirate / bootleg games and sent the list to NoA Piracy. I wouldn't have bothered if he hadn't been such a fucking douchebag trying to hide his shady business practices from CAG by editing prices and deleting pages after we point out problems while pretending there is no problem to begin with. Admitting we're right and fixing stuff is one thing, but my god, this guy is a total nutcase...[/quote]

I hear you. I didn't think this could get any worse, then all the deleting/changing just threw it off the cliff.

Thanks for the entertainment tonight. Seriously. :applause::applause::applause:

Seriously, if he's deleting shit based on what one gaming forum said and he's this incredibly desperate, it seems like this store is a failed operation. Just something he works on in his spare time (AKA: at 1-2 AM.)

I'm really laughing my ass off at all of this. There's no way in hell I'm posting the links I sent to NoA, he's still reading CAG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back