NEW CAG Club Nintendo U (I2B - WWHD; See 1st Post for New Info)

Is there a list of virtual console titles that are eligible for club nintendo points? I can only find the list that has retail games.

[quote name='J7.']Is there a list of virtual console titles that are eligible for club nintendo points? I can only find the list that has retail games.[/QUOTE]

I thought they all were...

Does any one think that Nintendo 3DS case that holds 18 cartridges will be back up soon? I have one but it's soaked in water because I left a water bottle open :

[quote name='admiralvic']I thought they all were...[/QUOTE]

I just linked my Club Nintendo account to my Wii and it did not give me any points. I have Chrono Trigger that I paid for and Mario Tennis that I used Club Nintendo to get. I can't find any information on the internet re what VC games give points. I read no VC games placed on the store before 2008 get points, but Chrono was put on the store May 16 2011.

The only game I was able to get a post play survey for that I downloaded before linking my account was the WiiWare Game Bubble Bobble Plus!. All my VC titles beforehand did not get a post play survey retroactively, but for some reason the WiiWare title did get one, after I had Nintendo add the registered titles to my CN account.

Since linking my account, every game I've downloaded has been eligible for the post-play survey. I don't think that every game does qualify, I just happen to be downloading the first party developed / published Nintendo titles. I would send an email to Nintendo to see if Chrono Trigger is eligible, and see if they add it to your registered game list. That is what I did for all my titles, and got the post-play survey a week later for Bubble Bobble.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']The only game I was able to get a post play survey for that I downloaded before linking my account was the WiiWare Game Bubble Bobble Plus!. All my VC titles beforehand did not get a post play survey retroactively, but for some reason the WiiWare title did get one, after I had Nintendo add the registered titles to my CN account.

Since linking my account, every game I've downloaded has been eligible for the post-play survey. I don't think that every game does qualify, I just happen to be downloading the first party developed / published Nintendo titles. I would send an email to Nintendo to see if Chrono Trigger is eligible, and see if they add it to your registered game list. That is what I did for all my titles, and got the post-play survey a week later for Bubble Bobble.[/QUOTE]

I'll contact Nintendo, thanks. I'm only 80 points from Platinum so any points help at this point.

Nintendo is doing a 72 Hour Sale

295663_433422410075551_2055639111_n.jpg

https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do

Thanks for the heads up KillerRamen

Nope, only things on sale are the

Reversible Pouches - 150 coins
Mario and Luigi Greeting Cards - 200 coins
Wii Remote Holders - 200 coins
Wii Remote Wrist Strap Set - 250 coins
Classic Super Mario T-shirt - 350 coins
Animal Crossing Stylus + Game Card Case - 350 coins

I just got an email for a random survey worth 10 coins:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You were randomly selected from a group of members to take a bonus survey about Nintendo products. The survey is quick and easy. Plus, you'll receive 10 Coins when you're done. Thank you for your support![/FONT]

Updated the OP with the new games, though the extra thread on the main deals page kinda took what little wind this thread had out of its sails.

I'm sure it's been answered, and I may have even asked it already, but do the VC games all require the classic controller, even on the Wii U? I'd be up for both games this month, but I don't have a classic controller and don't plan I getting one.

[quote name='sp00ge']I'm sure it's been answered, and I may have even asked it already, but do the VC games all require the classic controller, even on the Wii U? I'd be up for both games this month, but I don't have a classic controller and don't plan I getting one.[/QUOTE]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Console#Control

This applies to all VC games running in the Wii Mode, some games require the CC or the CC pro.

VC games running on the Wii U will most likely support the Wii U pro controller in addition to the Gamepad support.

I was literary about to post should I wait to buy Super Metroid with my coins b/c i have some expiring on Nintendo club and wanted to play it on the wii u console on the wii vc.

Will this let me use my coin rewards for this or will i have to purchase the vc upgrade?

By buying Super Metroid for the Wii VC with coins, you are eligible to buy the Wii U upgrade for $1.50.

However, note that once you do this, the Wii VC version is no longer available as it was moved and upgraded to the Wii U.

Your best bet is to spend your expiring coins on something else and just wait until next month for Super Metroid for the Wii U to be available for $0.30, which essentially saves you 80% from the upgrade price.

Might as well throw this offer out before it gets too late.

Since I haven't bought anything from the Club Nintendo shop ever, I have 600 points going to expire in June.

I would like to trade with someone who has the courier "star" bag (550 points) for something they want at that value or at 600 (extra 50 coins free) I'm even up for getting the SMB shirt and doing a straight swap unless there is something else someone wants, up to you.

I've been waiting for over two years for something I wanted and they still haven't provided, so my back's against the wall and I need to make the trade before I loose the coins forever.

I also need 30 points to get gold this year (platinum isn't going to happen) and would put that into the trade too if someone was interested.

PM me if you can help or want to take me up on the offer.

Just a heads up, TANK TANK TANK is now a free to play download game on the North American e-shop (like it was in Europe months ago) with paid DLC for various things. What's important here is that with this free download, you are eligible for 70 Coins from Club Nintendo after you complete the Post Play Survey. Pretty sweet.

(I'm cross posting this so please don't hate)

For future reference I've added the link to "help" in the OP

How Can I Get Gold or Platinum Status?
Answer:
Within each Club Nintendo year (July 1-June 30), earn 300 Coins to reach Gold status or 600 Coins for Platinum status. Family Account members' Coins are combined, so you have a greater chance of reaching Elite Status.
Your status will reset annually on June 30.

[quote name='KingBroly']Just a heads up, TANK TANK TANK is now a free to play download game on the North American e-shop (like it was in Europe months ago) with paid DLC for various things. What's important here is that with this free download, you are eligible for 70 Coins from Club Nintendo after you complete the Post Play Survey. Pretty sweet.

(I'm cross posting this so please don't hate)[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, nice!

[quote name='moothemagiccow']When does the new Club Year start? June 1?

I can never remember[/QUOTE]

I thought it was July 1st.

Edit: Yeah, maigoyume posted it above. So make sure you are platinum by June 30th - that is the important thing.

[quote name='io']I thought it was July 1st.

Edit: Yeah, maigoyume posted it above. So make sure you are platinum by June 30th - that is the important thing.[/QUOTE]
Also nice this year is there are no coin value changes, last year was kind of confusing / frustrating. Just save them all up after you hit platinum, no hard decisions on when to redeem this year.

Mega Man 4 is supposed to be worth 10 coins for registration plus 10 for post play survey, right? I just got the post play for 10 but registration was only worth 5, though Mega Man 2 and 3 gave me 10. Strange...

[quote name='uncle5555']Might as well throw this offer out before it gets too late.

Since I haven't bought anything from the Club Nintendo shop ever, I have 600 points going to expire in June.

I would like to trade with someone who has the courier "star" bag (550 points) for something they want at that value or at 600 (extra 50 coins free) I'm even up for getting the SMB shirt and doing a straight swap unless there is something else someone wants, up to you.

I also need 30 points to get gold this year (platinum isn't going to happen) and would put that into the trade too if someone was interested.

PM me if you can help or want to take me up on the offer.[/QUOTE]

So no takers or no one interested in a trade? :cry:

Edited the OP to include the new CN reward games, if you haven't already read the thread in the Deals forum.

Because, you know, Super Mario RPG, 200 coins, deserves to be posted more than once.

Just got a new 3DS and my club nintendo code did not work. I have never redeemed one for a 3DS before. Is there anything I can do about this? I am not going to take it back to the retailer as that kinda seems ridiculous. But it is kinda bumming me out because it would have sent me into platinum staus and been enough for me to get Mario RPG.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Just got a new 3DS and my club nintendo code did not work. I have never redeemed one for a 3DS before. Is there anything I can do about this? I am not going to take it back to the retailer as that kinda seems ridiculous. But it is kinda bumming me out because it would have sent me into platinum staus and been enough for me to get Mario RPG.[/QUOTE]

Contact Nintendo?

Definitely contact Nintendo. I've talked to them before about Club Nintendo stuff and their CS was better than most.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Just got a new 3DS and my club nintendo code did not work. I have never redeemed one for a 3DS before. Is there anything I can do about this? I am not going to take it back to the retailer as that kinda seems ridiculous. But it is kinda bumming me out because it would have sent me into platinum staus and been enough for me to get Mario RPG.[/QUOTE]

register the serial number on the back of the 3DS.

Hey guys, I just found something neat.

Remember we were all making a ruckus when Nintendo didn't tell us which year our To-Do's expired for coins? Well now they've provided us a way to check it.

Log in to your CN account, go to Account and coins (located beside your coin counter), now go to the To-Do History tab and scroll down to check out everything you have.

[quote name='maigoyume']Hey guys, I just found something neat.

Remember we were all making a ruckus when Nintendo didn't tell us which year our To-Do's expired for coins? Well now they've provided us a way to check it.

Log in to your CN account, go to Account and coins (located beside your coin counter), now go to the To-Do History tab and scroll down to check out everything you have.[/QUOTE]

Great catch! That's awesome! I was looking up wikipedia launch dates for everything (and adding 5 years to each). I am still trying to stretch my initial collections and have been withholding entering coins. I have a list of 20+ games to register already. Spreading the platinum for as long as I can.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Last year, it was around early July.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, IIRC we didn't find out what we were getting until after the rollover.

[quote name='uncle5555']Might as well throw this offer out before it gets too late.

PM me if you can help or want to take me up on the offer.[/QUOTE]

I had one person ask, but I apologize if I didn't get back to you (I can't help out on that offer, sorry, no access to Nintendo e-shop anymore)

One last chance before I forget, since they seem like they won't stock the courier bag ever again.

600 coins (item equivalent in the store) for anything you'd like for the bag.

Any takers whatsoever, or am I stuck getting a SMB1 shirt and liking it?

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Great catch! That's awesome! I was looking up wikipedia launch dates for everything (and adding 5 years to each). I am still trying to stretch my initial collections and have been withholding entering coins. I have a list of 20+ games to register already. Spreading the platinum for as long as I can.[/QUOTE]Ditto bud. Based on what I haven't registered, I can get a couple more years.

Of course I'll end up picking up more games/systems though :lol:

New reward is up:
2urs4fn.jpg

Super Mario Accessory Box for 700 coins
Organize your games and accessories in style with a little help from Mario™ and friends. This sturdy canvas box features a fun Super Mario Bros.™ themed print in bright green and tan. Hurry—there’s a limited quantity available.

Dimensions:
11 (W) x 7 (D) x 5.5 (H)

bread's done
Back