NEW CAG Club Nintendo U (I2B - WWHD; See 1st Post for New Info)

why would the thread be in the deals section?

Also why would the switch to 3.0 cause a lack of updating.

Last edited by a moderator:
why would the thread be in the deals section?

Also why would the switch to 3.0 cause a lack of updating.
The main deals thread gets much more attention, and some people argue that when limited time offer rewards pop up (like the 3DS case, Kirby Medal, Gold Nunchuck, etc.), they are considered "deals". Not to mention the promotions (like the $30 eShop credit for buying Fire Emblem and SMT IV), which are legitimate deals.

Also, the reason why 3.0 changed things is that only KingBroly (the OP) can edit the first post now, whereas before it was a wiki where anyone could update it. I know a few of us (including myself) tried to keep it up to date when we could.

The main deals thread gets much more attention, and some people argue that when limited time offer rewards pop up (like the 3DS case, Kirby Medal, Gold Nunchuck, etc.), they are considered "deals". Not to mention the promotions (like the $30 eShop credit for buying Fire Emblem and SMT IV), which are legitimate deals.

Also, the reason why 3.0 changed things is that only KingBroly (the OP) can edit the first post now, whereas before it was a wiki where anyone could update it. I know a few of us (including myself) tried to keep it up to date when we could.
Well< I guess I will have to actually look at the deals thread now ... =(

I predict next years platinum reward will be: chose between a single Kirby poster or Nintendo themed return address labels. That sounds about right for the way they're going downhill.

I havent been on CAG since Feb and I forgot about club Nintendo. Unfortunately I didn't make platinum this year. I went with the calender.

Blaster man said:
Just trying to get this straight....buy 2 games, get $30. Buy hundreds of dollars in games get a $10 sound track? WTF?
$30 of credit that you can only use on digital goods that are tied to your hardware. Plus the $30 deal is just a marketing stunt to push digital purchases.

$30 of credit that you can only use on digital goods that are tied to your hardware. Plus the $30 deal is just a marketing stunt to push digital purchases.
Hey - it is $30 (for two games that a lot of people are buying anyway). You can't poo-poo it just because you don't value it as much ;).

Hey - it is $30 (for two games that a lot of people are buying anyway). You can't poo-poo it just because you don't value it as much ;).
Pretty much this. Really though, I was just pointing out how shitty it is that people spend hundreds of dollars a year to get a sound track and they have a promotion that you buy 2 games and get $30 credit. Why isn't $30 credit one of the platinum rewards? That's more valuable than 1 gold level game...

Pretty much this. Really though, I was just pointing out how shitty it is that people spend hundreds of dollars a year to get a sound track and they have a promotion that you buy 2 games and get $30 credit. Why isn't $30 credit one of the platinum rewards? That's more valuable than 1 gold level game...
Oh, I agree. My post was more of an inside joke to MetalSlugger since we had an argument over GCU and the value of the free game available this month. I was just turning the tables on him ;).

But yeah, you have a good point - why not have the platinum bonus be a $30 (or even $20) eShop credit? That would play right into their strategy of trying to get people to make more digital purchases too. It is kind of a win-win for them. People either end up never using the credit (I still have yet to use the 1000 points that came with my DSi for example) or they use it and then add more cash to round out their purchase plus get them in the habit of buying digitally.

And some games aren't available physically Kokuga and Shantae Risky's Revenge come to mind, I wish they weren't but aren't and are two of the games I'm probably going to get with my credit. I just need a system now.

Speaking of which (a little OT) but is that Best Buy price of $170 decent for a 3DS XL? I looked over my BF ads from last year and they were similar prices with one game and such (which I'm not too worried about) I just want to make sure I get my credit since it expires later this year.

But yeah I see Nintendo's strategy (and have read reports mentioning they want more digital d/l's to spur sales, decrease cost, etc.) Problem is fans are demanding physical product (fire emblem, super luigi u, etc.) which goes against what they are trying to push.

And some games aren't available physically Kokuga and Shantae Risky's Revenge come to mind, I wish they weren't but aren't and are two of the games I'm probably going to get with my credit. I just need a system now.

Speaking of which (a little OT) but is that Best Buy price of $170 decent for a 3DS XL? I looked over my BF ads from last year and they were similar prices with one game and such (which I'm not too worried about) I just want to make sure I get my credit since it expires later this year.

But yeah I see Nintendo's strategy (and have read reports mentioning they want more digital d/l's to spur sales, decrease cost, etc.) Problem is fans are demanding physical product (fire emblem, super luigi u, etc.) which goes against what they are trying to push.
It seems like an okay price. I'm getting my kid a 3DS XL for Christmas this year but I"m waiting till Black Friday for the purchase. I'm sure the price will be as good as last year or better for a bundle. I'm hoping for 150.

It seems like an okay price. I'm getting my kid a 3DS XL for Christmas this year but I"m waiting till Black Friday for the purchase. I'm sure the price will be as good as last year or better for a bundle. I'm hoping for 150.
I don't really care about the bundles (or the hassle of getting one, since Amazon won't be carrying them with their feud with Nintendo ongoing) so I grabbed a Blue one and spent some more coins I had expiring in Nov. and got another carrying case (the red one is OOS) since my other one is a dust shield for my PSP Go at the moment.

Should be here next week I think I saw, so I'll be grabbing my online credit games and will finally be able to use my last 100 shop points that have been sitting on my account for the last 4 years unused. :lol:

I don't really care about the bundles (or the hassle of getting one, since Amazon won't be carrying them with their feud with Nintendo ongoing) so I grabbed a Blue one and spent some more coins I had expiring in Nov. and got another carrying case (the red one is OOS) since my other one is a dust shield for my PSP Go at the moment.

Should be here next week I think I saw, so I'll be grabbing my online credit games and will finally be able to use my last 100 shop points that have been sitting on my account for the last 4 years unused. :lol:
What hassle? 3DS's won't be in short supply...

I hope this is not too off topic but I have a quick question about that new super Mario brothers wii u Luigi digital download double coins offer. In order to get the double coins, you must complete the registration survey on or before august 1st. If I bought and downloaded the game today, do you think I would get the registration survey in a few days? If not, do you think I would still get the double coins when I do eventually get the survey because I would have PURCHASED it before august 1st, or does the purchase date have nothing to do with the promo? Thanks guys

God damn the physical goods section is barren right now.  I finally have an abundance of points and now there's jack shit to use them on...hopefully more stuff pops up near the holidays.

When filling out your Wind Waker HD Club Nintendo Surveys, tell them you want Metroid Prime Trilogy HD too.  Why?  Because that'd be pretty darn awesome.

If I enter a club nintendo code and it is for a game I already redeemed, what will it say? Will it invalidate the code if I already have one entered?

If I enter a club nintendo code and it is for a game I already redeemed, what will it say? Will it invalidate the code if I already have one entered?
I thought I was able to redeem multiples per game. Either 2 or 3 copies. I do have 2 people on one account, but think I may have redeemed multiples before they were merged.

That is actually the only way to check to see if an unused code has been redeemed without redeeming it. If you enter the code without being logged in, it will just prompt you to log in and say its normal coin value (even if it has been redeemed already). If you enter the code for a game that you haven't already registered and it's active, it will automatically put the initial survey in your To Do section.

Hope this makes sense.

Well, I finally gave up on my hope that the American Club Nintendo would eventually start releasing soundtrack CDs and started picking up the ones I wanted on Yahoo Japan Auctions.  So far I've managed to snag Star Fox 64 3D and Mario Kart Wii for the equivalent of $13 each.  Score.

Well, I finally gave up on my hope that the American Club Nintendo would eventually start releasing soundtrack CDs and started picking up the ones I wanted on Yahoo Japan Auctions. So far I've managed to snag Star Fox 64 3D and Mario Kart Wii for the equivalent of $13 each. Score.
If NoA CN started listing soundtrack CDs as standard rewards, I'd burn through all of my coins on those alone. They would be dirt cheap to produce as well, not sure why they haven't made such a no-brainer decision.

If NoA CN started listing soundtrack CDs as standard rewards, I'd burn through all of my coins on those alone. They would be dirt cheap to produce as well, not sure why they haven't made such a no-brainer decision.
Right?! It's pretty much the only thing I've wanted from the program since it began.

bread's done
Back