NEW CAG Club Nintendo U (I2B - WWHD; See 1st Post for New Info)

[quote name='phantomphoenix']Did you maybe begin to take the survey, but didn't complete it? Check the "For You (To-Dos)" list. I did that with the DL version and it is in my list with an expiration of Aug. 12.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what I did. I'd clicked on both at some point or another, but realized I wasn't ready to finish them. At first they appeared in my To-Dos, so I wasn't worried. But when I logged in today, they weren't in the To-Dos either, they're just gone. When I log out, I can see them listed still, but when I click on one it asks me to log in...and when I log in, they're nowhere to be found.

Also, my To-Dos list seems to be screwed up in general, in that I have three To-Dos that all list an expired date, ones that I don't plan to buy anymore but that just won't go away. It's very strange.

I sent an email to customer support to see if they can fix the NSMB2 surveys for me, but I have no previous experience in dealing with them...not sure how long they take to respond, or if they'd be able to actually fix it.

[quote name='Cheapskate']Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what I did. I'd clicked on both at some point or another, but realized I wasn't ready to finish them. At first they appeared in my To-Dos, so I wasn't worried. But when I logged in today, they weren't in the To-Dos either, they're just gone. When I log out, I can see them listed still, but when I click on one it asks me to log in...and when I log in, they're nowhere to be found.

Also, my To-Dos list seems to be screwed up in general, in that I have three To-Dos that all list an expired date, ones that I don't plan to buy anymore but that just won't go away. It's very strange.

I sent an email to customer support to see if they can fix the NSMB2 surveys for me, but I have no previous experience in dealing with them...not sure how long they take to respond, or if they'd be able to actually fix it.[/QUOTE]
I don't know if this will work, but login and then try these links for the intend to buy surveys: Physical, DL.

Reminder: Today is the last day to select a Gold/Platinum prize if you were eligible for Gold/Platinum status this past CN year.

Bonus reminder: Intend to purchase surveys for the digital/physical versions of NSMB2 expire Aug. 12.

So yesterday I got in on the Best Buy deal for Skyward Sword (new, sealed). I went to register the game today and the code had "already been registered." This is impossible as I've never purchased or played this game ever.

Has anyone had any similar experience with this?

[quote name='mtxbass1']So yesterday I got in on the Best Buy deal for Skyward Sword (new, sealed). I went to register the game today and the code had "already been registered." This is impossible as I've never purchased or played this game ever.

Has anyone had any similar experience with this?[/QUOTE]

Happened to me before with Sin & Punishment. I didn't do anything about it, but I think you can contact Nintendo about this.

EDIT: Yes, it means someone used the code before you. How they did, who knows?

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't that mean the code itself has been used? I.e., someone else registered that code, not that you have the game on your account already.

[quote name='Strell']Doesn't that mean the code itself has been used? I.e., someone else registered that code, not that you have the game on your account already.[/QUOTE]

Yes. The code itself was already used.

I have never played or registered this zelda title before. It was brand new and sealed.

I was looking at apartments recently, and was suddenly curious: has anyone ever changed addresses in between selecting a Gold/Platinum prize and actually receiving it? Is it possible to change the address you selected to have it ship to at some point before it ships?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Yes. The code itself was already used.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mtxbass1'] This is impossible as I've never purchased or played this game ever.[/QUOTE]

This made it sound like you thought that "Code already used" meant Skyward Sword was already in your account, not that you understood the code to have been already used. I was just making sure.

Well, good news. Nintendo was able to somehow get the game to register to my account just fine. Let's hope it was just a one time thing...

[quote name='Rollobobo']UGH Fluidity?!?!!? its a good game, but they have offered this before. FAIL nintendo. FAIL FAIL FAIL![/QUOTE]

Personally I'm very happy they re-listed this game under the rewards, its one of (if not the) best they have ever offered (I was late to getting this the first time it came out).

Also, give Club Nintendo credit for changing the rewards every two weeks instead of every month, otherwise you would just have Bonzai Barber available until August 19th instead of another chance to get Fluidity. Just my two cents.

Balls..............I'd like it but that costs way too many coins and already have enough nunchuks. Plus I'd be SOL if any other awesome prizes show up.

[quote name='slowdive21']hmm. they sell pretty high on ebay.[/QUOTE]

I already order 2 but 3rd for trading/resale is nt a bad idea
How much? I can't find a recent listing.

Ugh, not sure if I need this since I have no use for a second nunhcuk but I know I'll have some regret if I don't. I doubt anything else nice like this will come out to the US Club Nintendo for awhile so I'm going for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nixmahn']I already order 2 but 3rd for trading/resale is nt a bad idea
How much? I can't find a recent listing.[/QUOTE]

$70 or so. But I am talking about the Japanese import version.

Took me about half an hour to register a bunch of stuff I was holding off on, but I got the 900 for the Nunchuk. Been waiting a long time for that.

And, uh, at least I don't need to worry about Platinum this year. Heh.

[quote name='slowdive21']$70 or so. But I am talking about the Japanese import version.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and it is sure to drop when these start showing up. I'd imagine (pure speculation) that they'll be worth no more than $30-$40 soon enough. And considering that you need to spend 900 coins which could also net you 7-9 DLC games worth $5-$10 each that probably isn't a great value. I got one anyway since I actually need another Nunchuk but the gold with white cord used with a blue or black Wii remote will be a little hideous ;). I may just save it for Nov/Dec and if, for some reason, it is in more demand at that time, just sell it then to offset the cost of the Wii U.

Got a nunchuk earlier today. So since joining club Nintendo, I've gotten...

Game and Watch 1
Doc Louis' Punch Out
Game and Watch 2
Mario Statue
Grill Off with Ultra Hand
Mario screensaver
Kid Icarus AR cards
Mario Pin set
Platinum playing cards
Gold nunchuk

Also got the donkey kong notebook, but ordered that for a friend who wanted it.

I was bored and compiled a list of eligible CN games from the upcoming Best Buy Gaming Blowout 2.0:

$14.99
:3ds: Spirit Camera - 40 points
$9.99
:wii:Animal Crossing City Folt (Nintendo Selects version) - 20
:wii:Wii Party - 40
:wii:Kirby's Epic Yarn - 20
:3ds:Tetris Axis - 30
:ds:Dragon Quest IX - 40
:ds:Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - 30
:ds:Rhythm Heaven - 30
:ds:Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 - 40
$4.99
:wii:Rhythm Heaven Fever - 30

those bastards, right after i redeemed my points! haha, anyways i hope this mean more of the cnj prizes are going to be hitting the western hemisphere. nintendo polo's anyone?

I hope they restock the Hanafuda cards. They are extremely beautiful and I count them as arguably the most unique reward available.

Don't know if want golden nunchuck. I mean, sort of? Maybe? If someone sold it to me for a dollar cost I'd probably be down.

[quote name='maigoyume']I can't justify the 900 for a gold sprayed nunchuk, not when I can get so many other rewards for that much.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt Nintendo has some guy with a spray paint can coloring white nunchuks for this.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I highly doubt Nintendo has some guy with a spray paint can coloring white nunchuks for this.[/QUOTE]Of course not, you have to pay people for that. Machines on the other hand.

[quote name='maigoyume']Of course not, you have to pay people for that. Machines on the other hand.[/QUOTE]

If gold flakes fall off my nunchuck, i'll be pissed. Hope they are made of high quality gold plastic like fine nintendo quality.

Is there a cap of 900 coins? First my freshly unwrapped Pilotwings 3DS code was already registered. Then I registered SMG and it only gave me 20 coins :(

Aug 10, 2012 Coins Added - Super Mario Galaxy 20 900

[quote name='Antipodes']Is there a cap of 900 coins? First my freshly unwrapped Pilotwings 3DS code was already registered. Then I registered SMG and it only gave me 20 coins :(

Aug 10, 2012 Coins Added - Super Mario Galaxy 20 900[/QUOTE]

Some games dropped in value for the new year; others gained value. The general rule is that Wii and DS games mostly dropped or stayed the same, and 3DS games increased. This was announced a few weeks before the cut off date of June 30th.

Yeah, there shouldn't be a cap as far as I know. There ARE coins that expired after a while, but this should show up in your account if you have X number of coins expiring. I'm fairly sure they only expire on the new calendar date, which would be June 30th (2013 for the next one).

[quote name='Strell']Some games dropped in value for the new year; others gained value. The general rule is that Wii and DS games mostly dropped or stayed the same, and 3DS games increased. This was announced a few weeks before the cut off date of June 30th.[/QUOTE]
I know for the Wii games, Nintendo pretty much cut the coin values down to what MSRP is listed at for their titles. DKCR / SSBB dropped to 30 to coincide with its new $29.99 MSRP, and anything that has hit the Nintendo selects cycle is down to 20. In the grand scheme of things it makes sense, but I did like the universal 50 coin value from before.

Oddly enough, two older games, Metroid: Other M and Sin & Punishment Star Successor's coin values stayed the same at 50, however both of those are easy to buy at under $10 with little effort. Always something to keep in mind if you need those last minute points for the Nunchuck.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']I know for the Wii games, Nintendo pretty much cut the coin values down to what MSRP is listed at for their titles. DKCR / SSBB dropped to 30 to coincide with its new $29.99 MSRP, and anything that has hit the Nintendo selects cycle is down to 20. In the grand scheme of things it makes sense, but I did like the universal 50 coin value from before.

Oddly enough, two older games, Metroid: Other M and Sin & Punishment Star Successor's coin values stayed the same at 50, however both of those are easy to buy at under $10 with little effort. Always something to keep in mind if you need those last minute points for the Nunchuck.[/QUOTE]

Uh, have you tried to redeem a Metroid Other M? Becuase it was definitely on the list to drop to 20 coins - it's still there in the second post of this thread. If they in fact did not drop it from 50 to 20 then that is news there. It seems they actually did more drops than they indicated and not less. So I'd be surprised if it was really still 50.

[quote name='Strell']Some games dropped in value for the new year; others gained value. The general rule is that Wii and DS games mostly dropped or stayed the same, and 3DS games increased. This was announced a few weeks before the cut off date of June 30th.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but again, looking at the list of drops, SMG was supposed to stay at 50. So if they really did drop it to 20 that pretty much sucks as they did so without warning. Oh, but wait, I guess this is an odd one because the codes are different for the regular SMG vs the "Selects" version of SMG: regular is 50, "Selects" is 20. That's an oddball because in all other cases both values dropped to 20. So, Antipodes, did you register a "Selects" code or a regular one. Maybe they lied and the regular one dropped as well.

[quote name='io']Uh, have you tried to redeem a Metroid Other M? Becuase it was definitely on the list to drop to 20 coins - it's still there in the second post of this thread. If they in fact did not drop it from 50 to 20 then that is news there. It seems they actually did more drops than they indicated and not less. So I'd be surprised if it was really still 50.[/QUOTE]
Yup, I bought both of them in the past month or so (after the coin change effective July 1st), I got 50 coins for each. Check Club Nintendo's page, they have the most updated values, scroll down a bit to see them, click the Wii tab.

[quote name='io']Yeah, but again, looking at the list of drops, SMG was supposed to stay at 50. So if they really did drop it to 20 that pretty much sucks as they did so without warning. Oh, but wait, I guess this is an odd one because the codes are different for the regular SMG vs the "Selects" version of SMG: regular is 50, "Selects" is 20. That's an oddball because in all other cases both values dropped to 20. So, Antipodes, did you register a "Selects" code or a regular one. Maybe they lied and the regular one dropped as well.[/QUOTE]
Regardless if its the Selects or the original version, they dropped both down to the 20 amount.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']Yup, I bought both of them in the past month or so (after the coin change effective July 1st), I got 50 coins for each. Check Club Nintendo's page, they have the most updated values, scroll down a bit to see them, click the Wii tab.

Regardless if its the Selects or the original version, they dropped both down to the 20 amount.[/QUOTE]

Well, see, that pisses me off - I traded away some Metroid Other M before the drop date because they said it was going to be 20. Meanwhile, I held on to SMG to redeem for the next club year because it was supposed to stay at 50 :bomb:.

Dropping the points is one thing, but giving us the wrong upcoming values when warning us of the change on July 1st was pretty lame.

And yeah, the second post needs to be updated then. I didn't realize they had (quietly) modified the points list on Club Nintendo - I thought what we had in the second post reflected the most up to date changes (well it did in terms of what they said they would change to originally).

So what other big changes were there? S&P was always going to stay 50 - that isn't a surprise. Metroid Other M definitely is though.

bread's done
Back