New CAG doesn't remember "mobile/full site" browser settings.

WilliamG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
So I browse CAG from my iPhone 5 a lot. On the old site I was able to bookmark the non-mobile version and use that, since the mobile site was pretty constrained.

Since the site update, browsing CAG always defaults to the mobile site, and I have to scroll to the bottom of the page and pick "Full Site" each and every time I go to CAG in a new session.

Is there a way to get back to the site remembering I always want to use the full site?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Two ways that are easy.

1. Your CAG account.

If you stay logged in to your CAG account while on your iPhone, it will remember your skin selection. Note that it will remain if you have a desktop as well. Just go to "Change Theme" below and select the mobile skin.

2. Your iPhone Browser User Agent

The reason you have to keep switching back to use the full site is because your iPhone is requesting it. Since you're using a mobile phone, the phone's browser reports to the site that it has a "mobile" user agent. This is why the skin is always mobile. Go into your iphone's browser settings and look for a User Agent / UA option. If you find it, you can choose either "Mobile" or "Desktop." Select Desktop.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back