New CAG looking for 360 bundle advice

finesthours

CAGiversary!
Hi all, I want to get the 250GB 360S bundle with Kinect currently going for $399.99 and I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice what would be the cheapest way of acquiring it after listing everything I would sell/trade in for it:

• 2 year old 360 Pro Model (not sure if cables and adapter count for more or are supposed to be required with the console for trade-ins)
  • 60 GB HDD
  • Wireless Controller
  • Pokemon HeartGold, Platinum, Pearl
  • Red DS Phat with 2 stuck pixels, one on top screen and the other on the bottom
  • Rockband 2 game only
  • While it's a stretch and probably not worth it, just want to throw out there that I have a Wireless GH3 guitar and Wired GH2 Guitar that I wouldn't mind getting rid of, if it's not too much of a hassle

I think that's everything.

I'd rather stick with first party gear which is why I want to go for the more expensive bundle since the cheaper bundle would require I go for the ridiculously over priced 250GB HDD. However, since I'm new to all of this I am open to suggestions and advice. Much thanks in advance for the help.

Try the Gamestop trade in value thread on the Video Game Deals section on here. The values you're looking to find out about are all in one of the first 3-5 posts. FYI: Gamestop no longer takes in guitars, wireless or otherwise.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']You can get probably $150 for that pretty easy.[/QUOTE]
$150 for everything I listed? Where?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Try the Gamestop trade in value thread on the Video Game Deals section on here. The values you're looking to find out about are all in one of the first 3-5 posts. FYI: Gamestop no longer takes in guitars, wireless or otherwise.[/QUOTE]
So should I just trade in everything to GameStop right now or would waiting until Black Friday/Cyber Monday net me a better deal some how?

Also if you were just going for the easy sale route...Gamestop is running extra $25 trade in on the xbox and 20 on the ds not sure how much the games are worth but maybe try selling that stuff on craigslist or somewhere like that first

As of right now they have a $25 bonus for trading in a console, which is about the best you're going to do from a trade-in place as of right now. Unfortunately, they take in consoles/hard drives seperately and only count the 360's traded in as a CORE unit. You only get about $45 before any bonus for it.

So you might want to consider Craigslist for your bundle first, but keep an eye on the expiration date of the promo for the bonus credit at Gamestop.

But yeah, $150 on Craigslist is not unreasonable for your bundle, as long as everything works great and all cables and at least one wireless controller are included with it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']As of right now they have a $25 bonus for trading in a console, which is about the best you're going to do from a trade-in place as of right now. Unfortunately, they take in consoles/hard drives seperately and only count the 360's traded in as a CORE unit. You only get about $45 before any bonus for it.

So you might want to consider Craigslist for your bundle first, but keep an eye on the expiration date of the promo for the bonus credit at Gamestop.

But yeah, $150 on Craigslist is not unreasonable for your bundle, as long as everything works great and all cables and at least one wireless controller are included with it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i hate gamestop with their bs, my brothers rerally pissed me off when they traded in my spare xbox for a wii and had to pay $100 for the wii come on i could have sold it on craigslist and got a wii with money left over

Thing is I'm very paranoid when it comes to craigslist, never know what kind of people you're dealing with. At least GS is commitment free in a sense. So nothing on waiting till Black Friday / Cyber Monday? GS deals right now are as good as they're going to get (B&M wise)?

I'm pretty sure nothing is really going to go on sale much on black friday (xbox 360/kinect wise) maybe a gc or a miniscule amount off/free game best bet is craigslist, but if you're not comfortable with that then gamestop it but know you are getting ripped off to the max with trade in credit, personally I have had good luck with craigslist just make sure you say cash only, don't include an email, and make sure you meet up in a public place and you are all set

Unfortunately Gamestop is about the only place that takes hardware in, unless you have a local shop or one of the other smaller(mainly franchise) chains that can't even hope to compete with GS.

Although you might try Best Buy's trade-in thing, though that would require you to ship in your console and wait for them to verify it and what not. That would be even more nerve wracking than dealing with someone from Craigslist, if you ask me, plus I don't think they give more than GS.

Can anyone direct me to any articles or posts that explain how to transfer data from the old drive to the new one? I mostly have a lot of RB tracks and a Fable II game that I would like to not have to redownload. I thought I read somewhere that it's not as simple as just transferring the data, the license has to be transfered online or something like that, does anyone know anything about that? Thanks everyone for the help, really appreciate it.

If you buy a 360 hard drive transfer cable (about $20), you can transfer everything and you don't have to worry about redownloading, but you have to have the old drive plugged in to the new 360, so you'd have to buy the new one before selling the old one (or at least the drive). This way you don't have to do any license transfers. The other way, I'm not so sure...

And definitely stay open to craigslist, gamestop's prime directive is to rape your wallet. There's honest people out there, I promise... just don't post your email or phone! :rofl:

Hm, well I managed to sell my 360 to a friend, all I have left are the pokemon games (heartgold, plat, pearl) and the red ds phat. I've calculated that I can get $43 for the 3 at gs and I think it was $20 for the ds, but could I do better on craigslist? What would be a fair price to sell on craigslist for?

bread's done
Back