NEW! CAG vBookie Betting System - testing underway

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
I've installed a modification to the forum that will allow CAGs to bet virtual money on different events.

There is a link to the CAG vBookie home page in the
dis_hdr_nav_menu.gif
where you can see all available betting events.

I thought we could have some fun betting on game price drops, industry news, and other good stuff.

There is an indepth manual here. Keep in mind that only the vBookies are able to create betting events, but all users are able to bet on them.

The system keeps track of virtual cash which will be displayed on CAG's Profile screen. There will also be a list of "Richest CAGs", available from the Bet Statistics page on the vBookie home page.

When we are done with testing, I will reset all users vBookie cash to $1000

So...here is our first test event.

Why did i get a message like this

Will the price of Xbox 360 be $300/$360 as speculated? (E3)

You may not bet on this event. You have placed 0 bet(s) on this Event.

Only "No" better so far.

Side-note: I said for my vote to be private (dunno why, I sort of just clicked), but my SN still comes up. Error? Or does it just show up for me?

On the Bet Statistics page, it's showing a bet placed for the "No, those are not the correct prices." but it's not showing who on the "Top bets on this Outcome"

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']On the Bet Statistics page, it's showing a bet placed for the "No, those are not the correct prices." but it's not showing who on the "Top bets on this Outcome"[/QUOTE]

Guess that would be me. So it does work!

Oh, that's great.. just feed the gambling addiction..

I bet $400 on 'Yes'..

COME ON, BABY! BIG MONEY, NO WHAMMIES! DADDY NEEDS A NEW SUIT!

whammy2.jpg

[quote name='CheapyD']I will likely be enlisting the support of a few additional users to become vBookmakers, and they will be able to create betting events as well.

The system keeps track of virtual cash which will be displayed on CAG's Profile screen. There will also be a list of "Richest CAGs", available from the Bet Statistics page on the vBookie home page.

When we are done with testing, I will reset all users vBookie cash to $1000

So...here is our first test event.[/QUOTE]

Could I be one of those additional users to become vBookmaker?

It would be cool if the virtual money could somehow be used for CAG contests like it costs a certain amount for an entry in a contest so the more virtual money you have the more chances you can buy which increase the odds of winning that particular contest... or something...

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Is there a way to attach the
vbookie_posticon.gif
icon to posts that contain betting, similar to how polls and stickies are done?[/QUOTE]Yes, its done automatically. Do you not see the post icon in forumdisplay?

This sounds like a pretty neat idea. I have to wonder though, what happens if you run out of cash? Is that the end of your betting on CAG forever, or will there be some way to earn more betting money somehow?

Silly inquiries, I'm sure, as Cheapy has most likely already has his master plan laid out.

You may not bet on this event. You have placed 1 bet(s) on this Event.

wouldnt a better confrimation be like "thanks for betting" the "you may not bet on this event" threw me off at first, i was like wtf

[quote name='iheartmetal']You may not bet on this event. You have placed 1 bet(s) on this Event.

wouldnt a better confrimation be like "thanks for betting" the "you may not bet on this event" threw me off at first, i was like wtf[/QUOTE]
Yeah...I know what you mean, but there are some situations where multiple bets could be allowed. That is why the wording is a bit awkward.

I changed it to "You have placed x bet(s) on this Event. You may not bet (again) on this event."

[quote name='evilmax17']Does the software prevent you from betting multiple times? It'd be more realistic if you could place infinite bets.[/QUOTE]
Its a selectible option when creating betting events.
For this test, it is disabled.

[quote name='CheapyD']Yeah...I know what you mean, but there are some situations where multiple bets could be allowed. That is why the wording is a bit awkward.

I changed it to "You have placed x bet(s) on this Event. You may not bet (again) on this event."[/QUOTE]

thanks cheapy, thats a lot more clear

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']How long before people are whoring themselves for more virtual cash to bet? ;)

Seems like a great idea so far.[/QUOTE]

Ahh yes. Reminds me of the dark days involving Lucky Dice over at the VGD forums.

heh heh...currently there is no way to transer vcash between users.
My guess is that I will integrate this into an more advanced cash system at a later date.

Gotta get the arcade system installed as well.

[quote name='Moxio']
This calls for RPG![/QUOTE]

*Casts level 10 Control Humanoid*

You will give me all of your CAG cash and video games.

I settled the bet, saying that "Yes" was the winner.
We are going to be creating a bunch of E3 related betting events...should be good fun.

Doh, just missed my chance to bet fake fake money on a fake event! Dang!

What forum will these be in? Sprinkled throughout or mainly in General Gaming or? I'll keep my eye out for them, seems neat.

You should have a place that lists all the current bets going on. Also the person with the most virtual money gets an autograph of James Con.

So... this is my first news post since i have been on your very nice Forum. I'm an italian reader and I liked this forum entry the most though, the way you said it was just amazing!
Cheers.
Mario

bread's done
Back