new controller with improved D-pad...

FYI, I think the d-pad on the controller that came with my 360 S has an improved d-pad. It's clickier and you can better feel up/down/left/right. It's not the morphing thing, but it does seem to be improved, at least at first glance. I haven't really put it through it's paces yet in-game, though, so YMMV. The morphing thing is neat, but I'm not crazy about the button color changes, nor the price.

It's been out for a bit and available at most retail stores including GS.

From experience (buying and flipping elites) all the controllers that came with the consoles have been better quality, if you check the D pad it feels much better and you're generally able to perform more fireball motions with them. The standalone controllers and play and plug kit ones had the wonky d-pad, most common with the black (w/grey thumbsticks).

the new controller looks nice, very chic but also very expensive for a controller that you'll hardly ever look down at while playing. I'm also skeptical on the silver finish, I think with extended playtime and handling it'll rub off and look kinda yucky. (yes I said yucky)

Here's the link.
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Silver-Controller-Play-Charge/dp/B0041HROGG

[quote name='johnnyrunner']When do you really need to use the D pad? *Chuckles*[/QUOTE]

Uh, anything not using analog controls? Tried Mega Man with an analog stick? Not exactly ideal. The fighting games. Classic games. Trials HD. Etc, etc. If all you play are FPS, then no, you aren't going to need it much.

I'm used to the 360 D pad as it is, but I'm using the red elite version that came bundled with it. the only games that I'm having issues with are retro games i.e. pac man, dig dug etc. Trials HD works fine, for me at least.

[quote name='crunchewy']Uh, anything not using analog controls? Tried Mega Man with an analog stick? Not exactly ideal. The fighting games. Classic games. Trials HD. Etc, etc. If all you play are FPS, then no, you aren't going to need it much.[/QUOTE]
You sure educated that guy! *chuckles*

[quote name='johnnyrunner']When do you really need to use the D pad? *Chuckles*[/QUOTE]

fail-1.jpg

This is Cheap Ass GAMER you know. You should be able to figure this out on your own.

bread's done
Back