New copy of Otogi

Sku Rhim

CAGiversary!
I'm lookin' for the best deal for a new copy of Otogi! Can't find it new anywhere in my area for less than $30!

Btw, if you haven't played it yet you may want to rent it or borrow it first. I really found this game to be a craptastically over-rated pile of feces, but many people would disagree with me for some reason.

All I'd like to say is prettyn graphics does not a good game make.

I found it to be a solid action game. Would either of you two who dislike it care to mention why? I can acknowledge that the camera/lock-on system can be annoying at times, but I don't remember any other glaring issues with it.

Many thanks for the tips! I unfortunately can't rent it because none of the Blockbusters in my area carry it. Thanks for the critiques as well...all the reviews I've read sing this game's praises, so perhaps I'll invest my coin in something else.

[quote name='vanlandw']i have always wanted to play this game...is it similar to anything else I might have played?[/quote]

It's a 3d action game, so I suppose you could compare it to Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden, to a degree.

[quote name='jmcc']I found it to be a solid action game. Would either of you two who dislike it care to mention why? I can acknowledge that the camera/lock-on system can be annoying at times, but I don't remember any other glaring issues with it.[/quote]

It was too short. The combat system was somewhat lacking, although what was there was admittadly solid. The camera was more than annoying, it was horrendous. I detest having to back through levels in an action/brawler (this is not an action/rpg as billed), just to collect money to buy new weapons. And mostly, it was just too damn easy, its what an 8-10 hour playthrough?

Its not all bad, the graphics and sound are superb, I always love a game set in Japanese mythology, and it does have solid controls.

Too easy?

Maybe I'm getting old, but my reason for not liking it, was that it was too hard. The Snake boss killed me 10x straight. One of the early levels with the bridges, was pretty tough (at least the boss was)

DMC and NG are two of my favorite games so I'm going to have to check this one out at some point...any word about the second one comes to the states?

[quote name='xion']I'm looking for a deal on Otogi too but I don't trust that site.[/quote]

If you mean outpost.. I've ordered from them numerous times and have never had a problem.

[quote name='vanlandw']...any word about the second one comes to the states?[/quote]

it's been announced, don't think there's a date yet, but it should be out within the year.

[quote name='fireball343'][quote name='vanlandw']...any word about the second one comes to the states?[/quote]

it's been announced, don't think there's a date yet, but it should be out within the year.[/quote]

Fall 2004, brotha: http://sega.com/games/game_temp.php?game=otogi2

edit: also, Headhunter 2 is sure looking good. Too bad no one will pay it any attention in favor of Splinter Cell 6.

[quote name='jmcc']also, Headhunter 2 is sure looking good. Too bad no one will pay it any attention in favor of Splinter Cell 6.[/quote]

That may also have something to do with the fact that Headhunter 1 wasn't a terribly good game.

[quote name='alongx'][quote name='jmcc']also, Headhunter 2 is sure looking good. Too bad no one will pay it any attention in favor of Splinter Cell 6.[/quote]

That may also have something to do with the fact that Headhunter 1 wasn't a terribly good game.[/quote]

It wasn't bad. I'd give it between a 7 and 8 out of 10, which is what most reviewers do.

I don't dislike the game, it's just that people make it out to be better than it is. I didn't really enjoy the combat system very much, and the constantly dwindling magic meter or whatever that was really got on my nerves. Aforementioned, the game doesn't have many glaring flaws, graphics, sound, presentation, all very good, I just didn't get into this game like I did devil may cry.[/quote]

Otogi is 12.99 in the DFW Fry's ad. pick it up there if you can. i found my reciept, i actually got mine for 9.99 at fry's. (unadvertised price)

I'll trade you mine for Toe Jam and Earl III and Shadow Hearts :) I'll even throw in a free slice of government cheese (limited time only offer)

bread's done
Back