New Costco PS3 40gb bundle $514.99

Its already in stores... saw it yesterday. They already went through one pallet apparently as they had a few left over on the bottom row of one and the workers were preparing the area for the next set. This was at the Old Westbury, NY Costco.

Doesn't seem like that great of a deal though...

Hmm they still have the Motorstorm 80g Bundle at my local Costco. I was just there on Friday and didn't see any others. I'd get the Ratchet one if it was a 60 Gig.

It's only a great deal because of Costco's return policy (video games don't count as electronics so you can return them whenever you want). It's like having the best extended warranty ever for free.

Otherwise, the $15 savings isn't all that much.

[quote name='dopehat']There will also be a bundle with Uncharted before the Holiday Season.[/QUOTE]

any confirmation on this?

[quote name='prateeko']It's only a great deal because of Costco's return policy (video games don't count as electronics so you can return them whenever you want). It's like having the best extended warranty ever for free.
[/quote]

My local Costco recently tightened their policy on this. They're now saying you have a return window of one year. :whistle2:(

[quote name='elmyra']My local Costco recently tightened their policy on this. They're now saying you have a return window of one year. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

which location? hopefully this won't be the new policy...

[quote name='ps99472']which location? hopefully this won't be the new policy...[/quote]

Clearwater, Florida. I've read some other people reporting the same thing, but last I heard it varied and was mostly up to the warehouse manager.

Dang - that is one expensive non-backwards compatible blue ray player. =)

Seriously, I'm all for 20gb and 60gb and 80gb is pushing it, but this 40gb POS - no thanks. K mart deal was really the only reason to even consider the 40gb.

But thanks OP for the effort. Ratchet is for sure gonna go greatest hits in the future anyway.

Wife finally gave the green light for the PS3 but now I can't find the 60gb at Costco... I definetly want to purchase at costco due to the return policy, as for backward compatibility.. I didn't buy a PS3 to play ps2 games did I?

[quote name='oldboy']any confirmation on this?[/QUOTE]

it's been reported on various playstation 3 sites like www.psu.com and other places. Same thing is happening in Europe. I gotta wait until December 10th to get my ps3 so hopefully they will have this then otherwise ratchet is fine with me.

Also is this online or in B&M stores and only in certain regions?
I was in Costco today and didn't see any bundles except the 80 Motorstorm one wth and extra controller and remote for I think $579.
I'd much rather get the one with Ratchet or Uncharted..

OK I just picked up this Ratchet bundle at my local Costco today.. they finally got them in.

Question though.. for the 5 free BR movie mail in deal.. which UPC do I cut out to mail in? I see Costo added their own bar code on the package, but I can't tell if they covered up the original UPC.. if they did, then the mail in deal won't work and this thing is going back..

Thanks.

bread's done
Back