New Costco XBox 360 bundle $599.99.

Sarang01

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11112788&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=

Well it's official, I'm buying the Premium pack from EB Games, Circuit City, Gamestop or anyone else with the exceptions of Wal-Mart and Best Buy.
This has to be the most WORTHLESS basic bundle I have seen, making you pop for a media remote, memory pack, extra controller plus an extra game with NO charge kit in sight either. It went from $490 to $600. Amazing...for Costco to go from the best bundle, with the guarantee, to the worst, in one fell swoop. I really hope the in-store bundles are the old one's or else I'm buying basic with a charge pack and a 360 game on eBay as well as a warranty from MS. I DON'T fucking want COD2, a worthless memory pack and a worthless fucking remote. Piss on you MS(and yes I realize the irony that I'm buying the warranty from them).

i think you're a little overly pissed off.

you're still saving by buying that bundle. sure the memory unit is wack but you can stick that thing on ebay or return it to wal mart without a reciept. lol.

call of duty 2 and pgr3 are still 2 of the best reviewed xbox 360 games.

sounds like a good bundle deal to me if you want a 360, solid games, a remote, and an extra controller. like i said though... the memory unit is ehh.

well if i added correctly its like getting the remote free after paying msrp for the rest of the stuff.

so you save 30 on the remote but you waste 40 on the memory card you dont really need.

[quote name='Sarang01']Keep in mind they also dumped the plug and charge kit ricky.[/quote]

yeah that sucks but it's just 19.99 anyway. return the memory card to wal mart, get store credit, get a play and charge kit and you'll still have store credit left.

Yes toper that was why I wanted my 360 from Costco but now it's too much with junk I don't want so I'm saying fuck it if it's the same in-store and just buying a warranty outside of them.

Unlike other bundles you seen, Costco still has the best price for a bundle and doesn't stack up the MSRP prices like the other stores do.

I have a $200 costco cash card and saving up for the rest. I wonder if they won't check for ID if I bought it using my sibling's or my aunt's membership card?

[quote name='vlv723']Unlike other bundles you seen, Costco still has the best price for a bundle and doesn't stack up the MSRP prices like the other stores do.

I have a $200 costco cash card and saving up for the rest. I wonder if they won't check for ID if I bought it using my sibling's or my aunt's membership card?[/QUOTE]

That's because it's a discount store as well. I feel part of the reason all this crap is happening is because of MS shoving this shit on them if they want to get the bulk deal which I think is bogus.

The first bundle may have been better but...

I got my 360 at Costco on day one for $480 plus tax. It died about 2 weeks after the 90 warranty expried. Luckily I bought the extended warranty, 2yr for $60. Bringing my total to about $550 and change.

Whatever you do, get the extended warranty!

[quote name='FinFan']The first bundle may have been better but...

I got my 360 at Costco on day one for $480 plus tax. It died about 2 weeks after the 90 warranty expried. Luckily I bought the extended warranty, 2yr for $60. Bringing my total to about $550 and change.

Whatever you do, get the extended warranty![/QUOTE]

That's the beauty of Costco. You don't have to buy the warranty through MS, becase it has a lifetime warranty through Costco.

Save your receipt and all your packaging, and if it breaks down 3 years from now, they'll give you a new one or your money back.

Costco has a lifetime warranty on everything (except for computers, which they warranty for 6 months).

As far as that bundle, it seems to be gone from their website. However, my local Costco just got a whole bunch of 360s this past Saturday (3/25). Premium pack + extra wirelss + play & charge kit + PGR3 = $480. Maybe that other bundle was online only?

[quote name='heavy liquid']Costco has a lifetime warranty on everything (except for computers, which they warranty for 6 months).[/quote]
Not lifetime, it used to be lifetime before people abused the hell out of it. It's a 2 year block on it now. After two years, you're either SOL, or better be acting damn nice to the people at the counter.

I have an interesting bit of data to add to this. It seems that there aren't any new bundles coming in the computer concerning the xbox360. In other words, it seems that the $599.99 bundle is only online for now.

[quote name='sonderiaom']Not lifetime, it used to be lifetime before people abused the hell out of it. It's a 2 year block on it now. After two years, you're either SOL, or better be acting damn nice to the people at the counter.

I have an interesting bit of data to add to this. It seems that there aren't any new bundles coming in the computer concerning the xbox360. In other words, it seems that the $599.99 bundle is only online for now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Too bad that they had to limit it to 2 years because of idiots abusing it.

At least it's still better to buy from Costco than purchasing the extended warranty through MS.

bread's done
Back