New Deals at EB

Staraang21

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I'm in NC and I took advantage of the following at my local EB..

1. Buy any two used Dreamcast games over $7.99 and you can buy a used Dreamcast system for $9.99.

2. Buy any two Xbox or PS2 games each for $29.99 or more (can mix and match) and get a mail-in $30 EB gift voucher.

3. With the EB Edge card, you can get 20% off 2 used games, 25% off 3 used games, or 30% of 4 used games.

I found the first two deals in their latest brochure (usually found on their sales counter) - there is a insert inside it with a bunch of coupons. These deals were the last two coupons in the insert.

I took advantage of the first and third deals and came out with the following:

Grandia 2 (DC)
Skies of Arcadia (DC)
Legend of Mana (PSX)
Valkyrie Profile (PSX)
Dreamcast system

Total after tax: $79.13 :D

Only defects in the whole deal pretty much were the lack of a back insert for Grandia 2 and no A/V cables for the DC system (it was their last system). A/V cables or no A/V cables, for 10 bucks, I'm not gonna argue.

The buy 2 games, and get a $30 mail-in voucher, cna they be any games?

Meaning could I get two GH games? That would be awesome; $5 for a great game...

We got pretty much the same here in texas, except I think #3 here is buy a Xbox OR PS2 system(used) and 1 game and get 30$ voucher.

[quote name='Forest Mercenary']The buy 2 games, and get a $30 mail-in voucher, cna they be any games?

Meaning could I get two GH games? That would be awesome; $5 for a great game...[/quote]

Sorry I forgot to mention that each game has to be $29.99 or more. I'll edit the post now..

[quote name='timmylamb']We got pretty much the same here in texas, except I think #3 here is buy a Xbox OR PS2 system(used) and 1 game and get 30$ voucher.[/quote]

Although that's not as good of a deal, it's better than nothing! :)

[quote name='Staraang21']2. Buy any two Xbox or PS2 games each for $29.99 or more (can mix and match) and get a mail-in $30 EB gift voucher.
[/quote]
Do you think this will work on pre-orders meaning going to the B&M store and paying off in full two games that are not coming out for awhile like Halo 2 and Hitman 3. And using that receipt for the 30.00 gift voucher.

is Possible !!!

You can Pickup 4 Pre-owed $29.99 each + 30% off discount.

$29.99 X 4 = $119.96 - 30% off =$83.97 - $60 Mail in Rebate =$ 23.97

Just curious !!! :)

[quote name='Masterkyo']is Possible !!!

You can Pickup 4 Pre-owed $29.99 each + 30% off discount.

$29.99 X 4 = $119.96 - 30% off =$83.97 - $60 Mail in Rebate =$ 23.97

Just curious !!! :)[/quote]

I doubt this would work because you have to send them the receipt to get the voucher and if it says less than $29.99, they might not give it to you.

[quote name='ajh2298'][quote name='Staraang21']2. Buy any two Xbox or PS2 games each for $29.99 or more (can mix and match) and get a mail-in $30 EB gift voucher.
[/quote]
Do you think this will work on pre-orders meaning going to the B&M store and paying off in full two games that are not coming out for awhile like Halo 2 and Hitman 3. And using that receipt for the 30.00 gift voucher.[/quote]

It's only for used games. If it was for new I'd be all over it, since they had Skies of Arcadia (GC) new. ;)

[quote name='ajh2298']Called my store this morning and they never heard of deal number 1 or 2 but number 3 was valid at the store.[/quote]

Ask them to look in their latest brochure in the coupons section. The lady I showed the coupon to didn't seem familiar with it either. I was just standing there and I just browsed through it and showed it to her.

I was at a EB today (in Fairfax) and they did have the booklets with the coupons on the front counter.

Although in this one it was buy a used PS2 or Xbox system and a used game $29.99 or up and get a $30 gift voucher. (same as what timmy found)

Too bad, I might have done the buy 2 $30 games deal.

Coupons expire at the end of this month. It also listed a butt load of the trade in 4 used games for 1 game deals. But all the EBs around here have big POX lists...

Staraaang: If you don't want to buy a DC A/V cable, just use the one from your PSX. It's the same cable.

I think the connector is different actually, because I've own both systems already. Perhaps you're thinking of the power cable which can be used interchangeably.

Got an expiration date for the buy two used $29.99 and up get $30 back deal?

Does the $30 come in the mail? Are there any limitations on it, like online only, used only, etc.?

/still waiting for a $30 Microsoft EB voucher from Xmas

yeah it comes in the mail.. i don't really know the details of it as I was wasn't interested in buying any ps2 or xbox games at the time.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']Got an expiration date for the buy two used $29.99 and up get $30 back deal?

Does the $30 come in the mail? Are there any limitations on it, like online only, used only, etc.?

/still waiting for a $30 Microsoft EB voucher from Xmas[/quote]

See my post above, they expire at the end of this month (Februrary).

And it looks like the coupon is actually for buying a used PS2 or Xbox system and one used game $30+ get a $30 gift voucher. If anyone finds a book with the coupon good with the purchase of two games $30 or more please post about it. Do they sometimes print up two versions of their booklets?

They are good for purchases made at the B&M stores, not sure about online purchases. If I had to guess I'd say they aren't good for online purchases, but maybe?

Anyway, for all of these coupons you mail off the completed form on the back along with your original receipt (none of the ones I saw required the UPCs) and then you get your EB gift voucher. Not sure if you could use it online. I think the details on the back do not mention it is good online, but that doesn't mean for sure it wouldn't be. (I'd ask an employee or call eb about that if it was really important to you.)

bread's done
Back