New Dreamcast & Scuff Marks?

scrappy915

CAGiversary!
Hi CAG,

I received my new Dreamcast system today from the delivery guy. I bought the system described as new from Amazon.com for $88 (directly from Amazon.com and not a third-party reseller). I haven't hooked it up yet because I'm undecided on keeping it due to the fact that the console itself has very very minor scuffing around it (cover, sides, bottom, etc). Even the label has a couple of dings so I'm questioning whether or not the console I received was exactly NEW, as the controller that was included is new but doesn't have the same minor scuffing the console does. I've never owned a Dreamcast before and was excited about getting since almost everyone who has ever owned or played it has said it's an underrated system.

Can any CAGs who have this system or bought it new chime in on my situation? Thanks in advance!

I believe there were reports awhile back about some of the "new" systems being sold by Amazon not really being new.

Yeah, I've heard of only thinkgeek.com that had found a warehouse full of the DC systems and had one or two that were bad apples. Not Amazon, although I'm really wondering if this isn't a new unit. And the one I ordered was the last one in stock. Bah!

Amazon has a return policy. If you are not happy, just return it. Return information should have came with the package. It is possible damage could have came from while in shipment, but unlikely in this case. Contact amazon.

bread's done
Back