New DS bundle - Red/black DS + Brain Age 2 for $150

My local Target finally got their shipment today. Three bundles, that's it.
I stopped after work, and got the last one.

Me am likes!

this ds bundle is why im finally getting a ds. ive wanted one but i needed it to be some kind of deal. that pluss the fact i can get 5 bucks off over at amazon for that harry potter deal means im gonna have me a ds real soon. i could care less about brain age 2 though. cant wait to play some mario and castlevannia though.

[quote name='BLink']Does anyone know why kmart and sears dont have these for sale?[/quote]

Because they're both terrible ghetto stores, and it's a wonder that they're even still around?

[quote name='Vegan']Because they're both terrible ghetto stores, and it's a wonder that they're even still around?[/QUOTE]
Sears sells video games? o_O

[quote name='mrelusive']Sears sells video games? o_O[/quote]

yeah i used to go there all the time especially in the 80's. they even used to have one of those nes sampler system set up where you get to play diff nes games for a few minutes at a time. both kmart and sears charged an arm and a leg for everything though which is why theyre dying slowly that and walmart.

The larger box enclosing the game and ds was next to impossible to open without causing some real damage. No flaps, just tons of glue! I like keeping my boxes in new shape but this one got a bit mangled.

RC

My order from amazon just shipped yesterday. I am very much looking forward to this.

If people cant find it check your best buy. They have loads, at least the ones in los angeles.

[quote name='Exity']Someone on another forum mentioned that the screens on the black/red DS lite might be inferior to the old DS lites, can anyone confirm or deny this as I'm thinking about getting one.

DS Lite screen problems[/quote]

that would be the way of things. i finally break down and get one and i end up with a possibly defective or inferior run of ds lites.

Well, if this is true for all of them, it's not going to bother me so much considering that I've never owned any DS before nor have I played with one long enough to be able to remember the difference, if any. I'll just chalk it up as it being how it is.

[quote name='rscaramelo']The larger box enclosing the game and ds was next to impossible to open without causing some real damage. No flaps, just tons of glue! I like keeping my boxes in new shape but this one got a bit mangled.

RC[/quote]as did mine, but i realized that slitting it from the opposite side of the top flap gets it open perfect without any damage, though i wish i had realized that a tad sooner

[quote name='Exity']Someone on another forum mentioned that the screens on the black/red DS lite might be inferior to the old DS lites, can anyone confirm or deny this as I'm thinking about getting one.

DS Lite screen problems[/quote] Wow, I was going to buy one tomorrow but THAT just made me think twice. I would really like more information on this now. I really want to kill 2 birds with one stone and get the Stylus set being offered by Nintendo: http://my.nintendo.com/brainage2/index.jsp

Stupid question: is this bundle a limited edition?

I got my bundle the day it came out. I haven't noticed any ghosting, but like my previous DS Lites (yes, Lites with an 's'; I've returned many..), the touch screen has a yellow tint.

I've noticed that the yellow tint largely depends on the viewing angle. I have noticed that if I tilt my DS towards me, the tint is nonexistent; however, at normal playing angles the screen appears yellowish, especially towards the top. If I tilt the DS away from me, the screen will appear even more yellow.

This leads me to think that the touch screen appears to have a yellow tint simply because of the material it is made out of. It makes me feel better about it at least, heh.

Finally broke in those game slits in the case. Now I can insert/remove my games with ease, easily making this one of the best cases I've had for a handheld D:

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']This is so tempting. I'm a sucker for LE colors. Whats te trade in value of a ds lite? >_> I'd probably have to trade in a dozen games with it. :cry:[/quote]

Whatever the crap trade in value for a DSL is I'm sure someone on CAG would give you better.

*cough*

*cough*

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']This is so tempting. I'm a sucker for LE colors. Whats te trade in value of a ds lite? >_> I'd probably have to trade in a dozen games with it. :cry:[/quote]

[quote name='Doomed']Whatever the crap trade in value for a DSL is I'm sure someone on CAG would give you better.

*cough*

*cough*[/quote]

its the truth, even if you have to ship it out

[quote name='PrarieD0G']I got my bundle the day it came out. I haven't noticed any ghosting, but like my previous DS Lites (yes, Lites with an 's'; I've returned many..), the touch screen has a yellow tint.

I've noticed that the yellow tint largely depends on the viewing angle. I have noticed that if I tilt my DS towards me, the tint is nonexistent; however, at normal playing angles the screen appears yellowish, especially towards the top. If I tilt the DS away from me, the screen will appear even more yellow.

This leads me to think that the touch screen appears to have a yellow tint simply because of the material it is made out of. It makes me feel better about it at least, heh.[/QUOTE]

Mine is the same way. I had 2 DS lites before this which didn't have yellowy screens but my new sexy red/black DS lite has the same issue as mentioned above. No ghosting but varying yellow tint based on degree.

Looks like the D-pad on my Crimson was defect out of the box (couldn't tell since BA2 doesn't use the D-pad).

Thank god I bought it from Zellers, the land that is void of customers looking for video game stuff. They still got plenty in stock for an exchange.

[quote name='mrelusive']Looks like the D-pad on my Crimson was defect out of the box (couldn't tell since BA2 doesn't use the D-pad).

Thank god I bought it from Zellers, the land that is void of customers looking for video game stuff. They still got plenty in stock for an exchange.[/quote]

How noticable was the screwy D-pad, elusive? I've only played stylus-centered games on mine so far, and now you've got me all nervous.

[quote name='cag1000']If there is hope of a lime green Zelda DS exclusive bundle then I will hold off on this one...[/quote]if you ever had hope, then there will always be hope

I wouldn't worry to much honestly everything is spot on in the bundle I got my dpad and buttons work like a champ :).

[quote name='1modernboy']How noticable was the screwy D-pad, elusive? I've only played stylus-centered games on mine so far, and now you've got me all nervous.[/quote] Top/Right diagonal didn't work at all. Then after trying to "break it in", Top/Left hardly registered also. It wasn't an OMFG defect, but it certainly made me think about exchanging it.

Just exchanged the unit at Zellers. (they only cared about exchanging the DS, so I still got to keep my BA2 and case) But I won't know if this one works until I try out Animal Crossing at home.

EDIT: Everything is working as it should with my replacement. I'm a happy camper once again!

Glad to hear your replacement system is copasetic, mr. e!

At first it looked like I was having some problems with my diagonals as well… and then I realized that this was simply due to the fact that Scurge: Hive has totally ass controls. I tried it out on Children of Mana and everything seemed cool. :)

I just sold my polar white lite for this new bundle. I don't see any difference. I noticed the touch screen acting funny at first but I realized that the screen protector wasn't firmly installed. Everything looks great now.

RC

[quote name='cag1000']If there is hope of a lime green Zelda DS exclusive bundle then I will hold off on this one...[/QUOTE]

if nintendo was going to have a zelda bundle, they probably would have had it when zelda came out. but maybe they will have that when the next zelda comes out, but dont hold your breath.

I just got mine in the mail from amazon, it looks very nice imo. It doesnt have any problems with the controller or touch screen, everything is excellent condition. I played phoenix wright a bit, and it is great

I dont really understand what people were talking about with the yellow tint on the screens, the guts for this system (everything under the flip top: shoulder buttons, d-pad, touchscreen and stylus) exactly the same as the ds lite i had last year, the only difference is cosmetic.

I heard the yellow screen is something some new DS lites suffer from (regardless of color). Mine should be coming from Amazon tomorrow or Friday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for no dpad or screen problems.

I bought mine on Tuesday and I've really had no problems with it. I've not seen the yellow tint or anything wrong with my DS as of yet.

[quote name='utopianmachine']So there really was no red DS Lite from Best Buy, right?[/QUOTE]

i saw a bunch of them at Best Buy 2 days ago

[quote name='cag1000']If there is hope of a lime green Zelda DS exclusive bundle then I will hold off on this one...[/quote]

That's what I want to know too before I bite on this one. I'd rather have a Zelda DS Lite!!!

Well damn, I just got mine from amazon but it has got a pink dead pixel on the touch screen. The system looks real nice however. So what are my options. Anything else I can do besides sending it to Nintendo?

Edit: Well I just called and they are sending me a box.

bread's done
Back