New exceptions to online EB trade-ins (links to POX lists)

zzl365

CAGiversary!
Well, it had to end sometime, and EBgames.com has now added an exception list for their trade 5 get Halo 2 free deal. It was good while it lasted. I would imagine this is a basic list of all of their POX (preowned exception) list in store as well. My biggest problem with this, is I thought they raised the amount of games (from 4 to 5 online) because they were accepting POX games...guess not :cry:

Gamecube:
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ebtrade/exclusions/gc.asp
PS2:
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ebtrade/exclusions/ps2.asp
Xbox:
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ebtrade/exclusions/xb.asp

I wonder if they will take my Lucasarts demo disc since it doesn't say no demos, nor is this demo disc listed as being excluded, while the Exhibitions and RS3 demos are.

Ya I know it's kind of scamming them, but look how badly they are trying to scam us. 5 games that you recently paid $50 for, for 1 $50 game!? wtf!?

I did notice there wasn't a listing for those Outlaw volleyball and golf games that are like 5 bucks at TRU and Blockbuter. Does anyone know if they are still taking these?

[quote name='suprsaiyanMAX']I did notice there wasn't a listing for those Outlaw volleyball and golf games that are like 5 bucks at TRU and Blockbuter. Does anyone know if they are still taking these?[/quote]

My thoughts are if its not on the list...trade it while you can...save a copy of the list they had on the day you submitted them for trade so you can argue that with them.

What a shock! Geez....and I used vouchers to buy some of those games...ugh hopefully they'll take an exchange.

Edit: Never mind. Everything is cool.

That sucks! Does anyone know if there is a list of credit eb will give you since they only show credit for newer games on there page?

Aw, shit. I'd just ordered Yanya Caballista and Mobile Light Force 2 last night--- and these lists weren't up yet.... Well, at least I wanted the games to play too. But I'll be stuck with them, GunGrave, Haven, and whatever the fifth title I was gonna trade in was.

Looks like I'll have to try a trade-in with an inept EBGames employee in-store.

Does anyone know if EB will get mad if I refuse shipment on the UPS package?

Thanks. hehe

EDIT: On the bright side, we now have their POX list I guess.

well it only says not to be used for the halo2 trade in does not say anything about the other titles so I still see some light at the end of the tunnel . don't get discouraged

[quote name='BrandonJ33']Aw, shit. I'd just ordered Yanya Caballista and Mobile Light Force 2 last night--- and these lists weren't up yet.... Well, at least I wanted the games to play too. But I'll be stuck with them, GunGrave, Haven, and whatever the fifth title I was gonna trade in was.

Looks like I'll have to try a trade-in with an inept EBGames employee in-store.[/quote]

If you are willing to let it go, I'll buy Gungrave from you.

This deal is so dead. I went through the entire EB list. The first game they are accepting is Hot Shots Golf 3 which they are selling for $18. Even with 25% discount that's $13.50. $13.50 x $5 = $67.50. Geez EB why don't u at least make it 4 games. Then again they probably have to make up for all the people who just killed this deal. MUHAHAHAHA

I can still see us getting by this. There are some Target clearence games not on the list for starters. Also, there are many games just marked down in the past week or so not on the list (PN 03 for example) that are around 10 bucks.

[quote name='suprsaiyanMAX']I can still see us getting by this. There are some Target clearence games not on the list for starters. Also, there are many games just marked down in the past week or so not on the list (PN 03 for example) that are around 10 bucks.[/quote]

Let's see $10 x 5 games is $50 plus the time and money to ship. Let alone the hassle. How is this worth it?

I'm sorry but this deal is so worthless now. You should just ebay your games now.

[quote name='puzzlefite']What a shock! Geez....and I used vouchers to buy some of those games...ugh hopefully they'll take an exchange.

Edit: Never mind. Everything is cool.[/quote]

I think I'm in the same boat as you...how'd you get everything to be cool?

I had bought all those games previously w/o vouchers. Since it hasn't been 30 days, I'm going to return the new ones I bought with vouchers onto my old receipts. ;-)

For everyone that's complaining:

Remember, EB needs to make a profit. You think they're selling the crappy games that they've been getting in mass amounts from us? Hell no! It's hard enough to find someone who wants Haven, let alone hundreds or thousands of people who want it.

It sucks, but it was inevitable...

Let's see $10 x 5 games is $50 plus the time and money to ship. Let alone the hassle. How is this worth it?

I'm thinking instore only here.....the online deal has been crappy since they changed it to 5 games to begin with. 10 x 4 = $40 is what I was getting at, I doubt I could get 40 or 50 at ebay for 4 of these games. Besides I bought Hulk (GCN) and Kya (PS2) for about 8 each at Target and they weren't on the list. Also, somehting to think about is the short Outlaw Golf and Volleyball games that are about $5 and those weren't on the list. This makes some even cheaper options. But they could expand the list so I wouldn't wait because all good deals do indeed die out sometime.

This deal really is done. I got my last two sets of five games traded in last night. Nine of those games are now excluded (only Gauntlet for Xbox wasn't, and that game is the biggest POS of them all). I'm just glad I didn't splurge on another copy of Fuzion Frenzy this weekend. Awesome deal while it lasted though. Thanks to cheapass.

[quote name='puzzlefite']I had bought all those games previously w/o vouchers. Since it hasn't been 30 days, I'm going to return the new ones I bought with vouchers onto my old receipts. ;-)[/quote]

Cool. I was a true cheap ass and had bought every game under $8 w/ AFF25 WITH my vouchers. :wink:

It would be cool if they would lower the used prices of the POX games to $10 or less fairly soon. I'd wouldn't mind picking up a few of those for ~$7 or less shipped (using AFF25). Like MGS (Xbox) it's $13 used right now but I'm too cheap to pay $10 for it LOL. Actually I might go ahead and do that, if I didn't already have a stack of cheap ass games to work through.

Just got 4 vouchers for NG with pox titles so it's all good :) In fact it's so good that I even got one voucher which were all games I sent a month before.

OMG! The exception list basicly has every preowned game that they sell! And now they want 5 games! These people are out of their f'n minds! Anyone that does this deal now is a chump.

These lists have taken in effect at my store now (they didn't care what the titile was as long as it wasn't sports). I thought I heard before that all platinum hits titles weren't allowed in these deals too but almost all of them aren't on this list. So does this mean I can use them, because I can find lots of cheap platinum hits on ebay.

[quote name='wubb']It would be cool if they would lower the used prices of the POX games to $10 or less fairly soon. I'd wouldn't mind picking up a few of those for ~$7 or less shipped (using AFF25). Like MGS (Xbox) it's $13 used right now but I'm too cheap to pay $10 for it LOL. Actually I might go ahead and do that, if I didn't already have a stack of cheap ass games to work through.[/quote]

The discrepancy between trade-in value and retail price of used games really pisses me off. They should either give you more in trade or cut the prices of the used ones, especially ones that have been sitting there for awhile.

I love this line:

...receive a credit equal to the current value of the game, which can be as low as 25¢.

You can barely buy a piece of gum for 25¢ anymore, and thats what they're going to give you for a game? Thats wrong on so many levels.

Talk about overkill...LOL

EB just added this clause.

"one offer per customer"

As if I was so excited to do the Halo 2 offer anyways. *yawns* Gameboy one still isn't bad. I don't think they could possibly make the trade-in offer any worse. Of course I was wrong about that before this. haha

bread's done
Back