New Fire Emblem.. sort of

EXStrike

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
245zpzk.png

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/

Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyuu~
(Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem ~Hero of Light and Shadow~)

remake of FE: Monshou no Nazo for SFC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_Emblem:_Monsh%C5%8D_no_Nazo

While I'm a big fan of the Fire Emblem series I have yet to beat any of them aside from the first GBA North American release.

That said, I'll buy it.

Bah! It's only the second part of a SNES game. Why couldn't Nintendo just remake the game at once?
I'll wait until IV, though they have to fix the game more, those maps are just too damn long.

I. LOVE. FIRE. EMBLEM.

i have beaten ALL the gba versions, including the one not released in america. Also beat the DS remake.

never got into the gamecube and wii versions, for me, some charm is lost without the portability and sprites.

[quote name='jimjom']I. LOVE. FIRE. EMBLEM.

i have beaten ALL the gba versions, including the one not released in america. Also beat the DS remake.

never got into the gamecube and wii versions, for me, some charm is lost without the portability and sprites.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much the same story here, the "better" graphics killed the GC and Wii versions.

I'm always happy to see more Fire Emblem getting localized, however I have yet to even beat the last Fire Emblem I picked up on the Wii a few years back. Plus there is also the fact I would need to play Shadow Dragon before this one since Hero of Light and Shadow is the rest of Marth's tale. All in all it should make for a nice price drop time frame.

[quote name='Bloodbooger']Pretty much the same story here, the "better" graphics killed the GC and Wii versions.[/QUOTE]
Eh, personally I don't like the DS graphics, however I don't judge a game solely based on graphics. As for the GC and Wii titles those were newer Fire Emblems, not remakes, so it is to be expected. I myself dig the GC/Wii look. Loved Path of Radiance's story too, it would be a shame to pass it up just based on the fact the graphics may not be your cup of tea.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back