New forum title system - now based on join date

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Effective immediately, user titles are now based on join date, instead of # of posts.

The new system is as follows:

CAG Newbie:0-29 days (cannot use signature or create thread in Trading Forum)
CAG in Training: 30-269 days
CAG Veteran:270-364 days and/or 250+ posts
CAGiversary!:365 days and beyond and 50+ posts (can use custom titles)

In addition, CAG Newbies will not be allowed to use signatures or create threads in the Trading Forum.

Those users who have 1,000+ and have not yet been here for 1 year (all 20 of you) will maintain their ability to have custom titles.

This was kind of complicated, so let me know if I screwed anything up!

has it already started?

sweet i have a custom title now woohoo

also, youre 16 hrs in front of california right? so its almost 2 so it should be like 6 pm there right? i hope im right cuz i have relatives in guam which i think is same time zone

Excellent, I like the new time-based rank system...

... but I don't like the highest rank title. Now I feel obligated to come up with a custom rank :p

Nifty. I like the change to the sigs and Trading Forum for Newbies. Looks like I'm going to waiting a lot longer to get a custom title now though. :cry:

I just dont like the fact that people can join and not post anything, ever. and still have a chance at a custom rank. I got my custom rank in about 5 months because i post alot. But either way i still have my custom rank, why am i crying.

[quote name='CheapyD']Yeah, that was weird, its not supposed to censor that from the user title...I changed yours manually...[/QUOTE]

thanks

Considering both systems I would have to take this one. I would prefer someone get a custom rank by not posting anything as opposed to posting a ton of useless crap in a short amount of time.

Kungaloosh!

Before i read it all i was wondering if i had to go back to wshakspear so i could Kungaloosh/Hoopla!. Thank god i was one of those 20 :)

[quote name='doodle777_98']I just dont like the fact that people can join and not post anything, ever. and still have a chance at a custom rank. I got my custom rank in about 5 months because i post alot. But either way i still have my custom rank, why am i crying.[/QUOTE]
I agree. I think I like the old system better too for the reason doodle777_98 posted and also I really have nothing to aspire to now. :) It will also be hard to differentiate between the lurkers and the people who contribute to the boards.

In the end, it's Cheapy's call though, so if he thinks this is for the best, then that's cool with me.

[quote name='doodle777_98']I just dont like the fact that people can join and not post anything, ever. and still have a chance at a custom rank. [/QUOTE]
Yeah, but if they don't post "anything, ever", you aren't going to see their custom rank!

Thank you, Cheapy D.
It would have taken me another year to reach custom rank without frequent trips to the OTT and Vs. forums.

I feel special now. :D

downsized from veteran to regular...mehh... its cool with me, i still am the owner of the peacocks that inspired the CAG Midwest division logo ;)

EDIT: in other news upon reaching 1k posts i was gonna hold a contest, but looks like it will be delayed... but now i have more time to get a bigger box of cool promos and displays and shit together...

[quote name='CheapyD']Yeah, but if they don't post "anything, ever", you aren't going to see their custom rank![/QUOTE]

touché

Obviously we don't want to keep changing the rules, but wouldn't a combination of the two systems be ideal? The time system is very important, but if there were two thresholds for each rank (time + post count) then it might solve a lot of problems with both systems.

[quote name='Scrubking']Considering both systems I would have to take this one. I would prefer someone get a custom rank by not posting anything as opposed to posting a ton of useless crap in a short amount of time.[/QUOTE]
Do people still post a ton of useless crap for post count? I thought that occurred less since Cheapy moved the post count to only be shown in the profile (at least it seemed that way to me).

Exactly i didnt think thread crapping really existed anymore. Even spam has been reduced by alot.

Working to have a custom rank is the real reason i posted alot. Now i feel like there is no incentive for the newer people to post. I rather have people post useless crap than noone posting at all. (for example look how entertaining th OTT's are sometimes, even though i rarely post in them at all)

Hey great...now I have a custom title, just need to think of one. Thanks Cheapy and great site by the way.

I still want my five
d3tb.jpg
back!

[quote name='doodle777_98']Exactly i didnt think thread crapping really existed anymore. Even spam has been reduced by alot.

Working to have a custom rank is the real reason i posted alot. Now i feel like there is no incentive for the newer people to post. I rather have people post useless crap than noone posting at all. (for example look how entertaining th OTT's are sometimes, even though i rarely post in them at all)[/QUOTE]
If cheap games aren't an incentive to post here, then I'm not sure what would be.

Its too bad you cant have some combination of both systems. Now the trolls will get the higher ranks over those who are more active. Although either way works for me :D

Nice changes... I've been a member for over 2 years now, but I have around 780 posts (an average of 1 post a day, which I think is pretty reasonable) and it'd probably be a long time before I hit 1000, so it's cool I get to use custom titles now.

Thanks, Cheapy!

THANK YOU! I have been here a very long time, but I would rather read about games most of the time than post about them, so I don't have very many posts.

bread's done
Back