New game room!!!

ninjalunchbox79

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Ok well my wife is a gamer and so am i , im in the army and currently deployed to iraq rite now. I try and do as much research as possible but im very busy most of the time , and the connection speed where im at isnt very good!! She wants her own 360 which is no problem so that both of us can team-up for some online ranked matches on "gears" and some other games , you cant do that from one 360 , so she can get her own!!! We hav the futon for us to sit on (which she says is very comfy) , my next problem is what TV do i get and what kind??? Of course i want to get an HD TV , but should i get plasma , LCD , i dont really know?? My wife was thinking about the ones we can put on the wall , which would be cool , and i think the biggest size i would need would a 27" wide screen , and i would have to get 2 of the same TV!!!! So im looking for something on the cheap side!!! Theres just so many choices out there , I would just like to get the best deal if at all possible , any suggestions out there??? And any suggestions for this type of game room set-up would be helpful too??? Thanxs for your time . . . . .

-Lunchbox

Well I guess the question I have for you is what kind of quality are you looking for in your tv? I just bought a 42inch Samsung Plasma HDTV and it set me back a $1000 and now that the break-in period on the tv is over it looks AMAZING when playing 360, PS3 games or watching HDTV programs like HDnet fights. The Samsung's & Panasonics seem to have the best overall customer reviews & industry reviews so I would say stick with them. However, if you are gaming on a budget you can always get some Vizio HDtvs as they are much cheaper and as long as you don't buy one from Wal-Mart they are all pretty highly rated although as mentioned the Wal-Mart models are not as good as the ones you would find at Best Buy or Circuit City. So good luck with the hunt and keep us informed on how it goes.

Vizio and Olevia are both good. I bought a 27 inch from circuit city for around 700 bucks after tax and an extended warranty. However they don't have it listed on the site now from what I saw only a 40+ inch. I would go LCD and check out what the company has for a dead pixel policy. In the past some had a 0 dead pixel policy and others said it had to be more then 7-10 or they had to be in a group. At least with PC monitors they did that. Get a wall mountable LCD as the others that are larger use bulbs that are just a light bulb and cost 300 bucks or so when they go out. I had in a year 3 of them go out and one only lasted 91 days. If you get an olevia from circuit city and the extended warranty then chances are they will do like they said they would with mine and that is replace it. For that TV it is cheaper to replace then fix they said. Also I suggest you do not go plasma. In the past they had a really bad issue with burn in, more so then LCD and DLP. Also everyone I talked to said they would last longer mounted on a wall and not on a stand. Why that is I don’t know. As for DLP I don’t even know if they make them anymore. If they do then make sure you really look at it both you and your wife. When I bought my first HDTV I looked at a DLP and said no way in hell. I saw red and green lines on the side. Some people see them others don’t. One more thing to look at for all of them is where the speakers are. On my first HDTV they were on the sides facing the left and right and not anyone that would be watching the TV. So the sound for the most part went everywhere but to the person watching. The Olevia they are on the side but it is so thin that they face the person watching TV. They sound great for me. I can hear things with out having it all the way up. The new one a Samsung they are on the bottom of the TV.

So in a nutshell, get LCD check pixel policy, speaker location and that is about it unless I said something and forgot i said it. I do that from time to time.

it depends on how you set up your room.. personally i think you need to put the screens back to back in the middle of the room and have your wife sit on one side and you on the other side.. or separate rooms if you want to play games like gears or FPS co-op.. I don't like playing on separate screens next to each other.. but thas a personal preference..

I think 32-37" is perfect size for gaming.. its not "SO" big that you have a hard time finding where you are and it just seems like the perfect size for most games..

when it comes to TVs you have to really actually go look and see which ones you like best.. how many ports do you need and how much they cost..

500-800 for a 32-37" is very reasonable for HD TVs.. and that would be what I would look for.

Wow have fun with this. I would wait as long as possible on the TV's as they just keep dropping in price.

The time tax returns start coming back is the time you will see more sales.

Also I suggest you do not go plasma. In the past they had a really bad issue with burn in, more so then LCD and DLP

This is more of an issue with older model Plasmas then any of the new current gen crop. I was definitely worried about this going into HDTV buying but after reading up on the avs forums and checking out the picture quality of the Samsung LCD vs. the Samsung Plasma I went with the plasma as the colors were more vibrant and too me & my anal retentive self the details looked better after I tweaked the settings. Circuit City has a great return policy & I recommend the warranty as well. Definitely check out the avs forums for more detailed info and picture adjustment settings.

just make sure that if you do go to www.avs.com that you will pretty much never decide on a TV at all due to the forums and their 100's of pages per tv set....

That could be a good thing as it will save you money for a bit.

[quote name='FreshTekRadio']This is more of an issue with older model Plasmas then any of the new current gen crop. I was definitely worried about this going into HDTV buying but after reading up on the avs forums and checking out the picture quality of the Samsung LCD vs. the Samsung Plasma I went with the plasma as the colors were more vibrant and too me & my anal retentive self the details looked better after I tweaked the settings. Circuit City has a great return policy & I recommend the warranty as well. Definitely check out the avs forums for more detailed info and picture adjustment settings.[/QUOTE]

The LCD you looked at was it True/Full HD or just HD. They have out now a true or full hd. cant remember what it is called. it runs at i think 120 hrz and not 60 like older lcd hdtvs and does look alot better and about that of a plasma.

Damn wat a response!!!!:applause:Thanxs for everyones input here , i can always count on this community for advice like this , and ill definately check out that one website with all the reviews on the different models. Also Urzisha14 thats a good idea about putting the tv's back to back , of course ill have to run it by the wife first . . . lol!! Again thanxs for the input

-Lunchbox

bread's done
Back