new gameboy SP, what games should I look at?

Hodaka

CAGiversary!
I've never owned a gameboy before, but I took all my saved up Christmas and birthday money and got an SP at Sam's club with The Hobbit and Pirates of the Caribbean this weekend. I then went and spent the last of the money on Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap. I've not opened the first two, but I'm really enjoying Zelda..

sooooo, what games should I be looking at and where is the best cheapass deal? I like games like Zelda.. I'm more into adventure/puzzle on consoles than I am action..

Return those other games, they're terrible, I mean complete rubbish.

Check out Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, it's an incredibly fun RPG-ish game, same goes for Megaman Battle Network, I'd reccommend the second in that series.

Hmm... if you enjoy strategy look into the Advance Wars and Fire Emblem series, and give Final Fantasy Tactics Advance a shot, it's really easy and has a terrible plot, but it's incredibly addictive and has a very intricate class/skill/equipment system, it'll give you a good 60 hours of play at least.

If you want a straight up old school adventure game, Broken Sword is just that, it's actually a port of the first PC game in that series.

The Metroid games (Fusion and Zero Mission) are very good, have a lot of exploration, but also have some tough action bits, same with the three Castlevanias. If you don't mind a challenge check these two series out, as they are spectacular, with huge maps, intricate level design, and plenty of exploration and hidden items.

I know that there are plenty I'm forgetting, but those are all great choices right there, all AAA titles except Broken Sword, which is a good game but not to the level of the others, I just tossed it in because you mentioned adventure games.

Also, don't forget that the entire back catalog of GB games are available. If you like Zelda games, you can get all three that were made for the GBC from ebgames.

The oracle games are in and out of stock all of the time. They are usually posted in dafoomie's morning update (that's where i got my two copies.)
The Zelda DX is usually available and can be had for 5.99 (before CAG15 and SAVER)

look around ebgames.com for used GBA games and find some you like.

Bought mine last month, beautiful system huh? =)

Game recommendations:

Metroid Fusion
Metroid Zero Mission (Better than Fusion)
Final Fantast Tactics Advance (save anytime you want, even mid battle... ULTIMATE time killing game)
Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow
Castlevania - Circle of the Moon (Lots of replay, old school action)

Everyone has mentioned really great titles, but I wonder why nobody said Fire Emblem yet. I could play that game FOREVER!

Advance wars is great too.

[quote name='Kamalot']Everyone has mentioned really great titles, but I wonder why nobody said Fire Emblem yet. I could play that game FOREVER!

Advance wars is great too.[/quote]

Actually, the second reply already mentioned Fire Emblem, although more in passing than your recommendation.

-----

OP, I recommend Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission, you should know what Metroid games are like by now and neither disappoint in that regard. If you like those, try the three GBA Castlevania games as well. All those games seem to fit the "adventure/puzzle" qualifier quite well.

If you're looking for quick, pick up and play games, get Wario Ware and Astro Boy. Both are incredibly addictive diversions.

GBA is definitely the place to be for strategy RPG nuts though I'm not sure if that's your cup of tea. If it is, check out Advance Wars 2, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and Tactics Ogre. For regular RPGs, don't forget to add Mario & Luigi and both Golden Suns to your collection.

Thanks.. these are great suggestions.. I'm printing all this out and going to do some shopping as soon as I get a little spare cash again..

btw Graff^, those first 2 were bundled games, so there's no taking them back (at least that I'm aware of). I probably would never have purchased "The hobbit", but I may give Pirates of the Caribbean a whirl... if not, I'm sure I can think of some way of unloading them :lol:

eh? i asked for deals.. maybe you picked the wrong thread to post in.. ever think of that?

admittedly, I didn't get many tips on deals and more tips on games I should be looking for.. but I *am* still looking for cheapass deals..

If you like adventure games in the traditional sense (not action) I'd recommend picking up Broken Sword. And it's dirt cheap if you find it at the right place. I payed under $10 new with S+H a couple of months ago.

[quote name='Rig']If it is published by Nintendo, you can be sure it is a good GBA game.[/quote]

Mario Pinball Land wasent too great. Gotcha one one.

Anyway, I would reccomend these titles:
Rayman 3
Wario Ware
Super Mario 3
Super Mario World
Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

The best GBA games include:
Advance Guardian Heroes
Advance Wars 1 & 2
Breath of Fire I & II
Castlevania series