NEW Gamepro Best Buy Coupons $5 Off Almost Any Guide, Game, Accessory 3/12/07-4/30/07

Rictor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
The latest issue of Gamepro (#223, Next Gen Burnout on the cover) keeps the $5 coupons from last month (see this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126307) alive for another month!

$5 off any PS3 game
$5 off any PS3 accessory $19.99+
$5 off any PS2 game
$5 off any PS2 accessory $19.99+
$5 off any PSP game
$5 off any PSP accessory $19.99+
$5 off any Xbox 360 game
$5 off any Xbox 360 accessory $19.99+
$5 off any Wii game
$5 off any Wii accessory $19.99+
$5 off any DS Game
$5 off any DS accessory $19.99+
$5 off any Gamecube Game
$5 off any Gameboy Advance Game
$5 off any PC game
$5 off any Strategy Guide

Coupons valid from 3/12/07-4/30/07

Scans:

This is the best I could do, maybe some one with a better scanner will post some better scans and I can add them to the OP.

These are great to use in conjunction with the $5-15 clearance games from this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129052 and are better than the Gamer Gift Card because they can be used on games less than $20. Yes, this new batch doesn't work until March 12, but see the thread at the top of this post for the exact same coupons that are good NOW. This thread is an early heads up that these coupons are good for another month.

[quote name='JohnnyDrama']I might try using the $5 off Wii accessory $19.99+ for a Wii point card. If it works I'll get a second one.[/quote]
They'll be your best bet for them at retail.

I saw Gamepro yesterday at CVS and went to grab it... only to find out it was the December 2006 edition still sitting there.

[quote name='shrike4242']It does work with Xbox 360 point cards, because BB has it in their system as an accessory. The same should be the case with the Wii point cards.

Having the items in BB's system as accessories means the coupons should work without any problems with being scanned or having their UPC's typed into the computer. If they're not, then it turns into a huge hassle with needing the price adjusted manually and the like.

I know for certain it shouldn't be an issue with the 360 point cards, though I'm not certain with the Wii point cards.[/quote]

perfect........i've been wanting to try out Worms, and now TMNT is out this week. Plus Tecmo Bowl on the Wii.......I hope I can find a Wii card at one of my local BB's. I may also bite on $5 off Spectrobes. Thanks!

[quote name='EvyLou']so does anyone know if BB has any good deals with these coupons?

can anyone confirm that the accessory coupons work with Wii and Xbox 360 points cards?

i'm surprised this thread is so dead.......i'm guessing it picks up today.....[/quote]

It works with the Wii Points card, but last time I checked Best Buy was charging an inflated $23 for the point cards instead of retail, which is $20. You might try using the coupon at Circuit City, as they have the point cards for $20 and will usually take competitor coupons.

[quote name='michaema']Anyone try using one of the coupons in combination with a reward zone certificate? Just wandering if this was allowed[/quote]
Yes, you can use both a coupon and a RZ certificate together, since the RZ certificate is not considered a coupon in the system.

[quote name='eau']Yes, you can use both a coupon and a RZ certificate together, since the RZ certificate is not considered a coupon in the system.[/quote]

Thats kind of what i thought but wasnt sure. Plan on using the combination towards GOWII.
Thanks for the help

Thanks guys. I'm going to try this out on any Wii accessory I might come across today at BB! I'll post results when I get back.

EDIT: No dice. No Wii controllers to pick up, so I can't say if the coupons work.

[quote name='shieryda']Can you use multiple coupons on the same item? That $5 coupon for guides and PS2 games is tempting.[/quote]

The coupon says that it can't be used with any other coupon. So probably not. But you could always buy your guide, walk out, walk in, and buy a PS2 game!

[quote name='Rictor']The coupon didn't work because you used it before the date it's supposed to start. The coupon is valid from Mar. 12 to April 30. If the cashier had read the coupon date, they probably would have denied you.[/QUOTE]

Not entirely true. Did noone else notice that the gamepro coupons for 3/12-4/31 actually use the exact same UPCs as the ones for 2/10-3/31 do? That being the case, the system wouldn't know if he was using the March or April coupon at all. It flat out didn't work on that "accessory" for some unknown reason and still wouldn't today. Just a bug in their system I guess. It doesn't recognize Wii accessories and needs manual adjusting.

[quote name='shieryda']Can you use multiple coupons on the same item? That $5 coupon for guides and PS2 games is tempting.[/quote]
Yes, and no. Bear with me on this one.

You can use multiple copies of the same coupon, so if you had four PS2 games and four coupons, it would work without issue and knock $5 off each game. I've done this numerous times.

If you have multiple types of coupons, one coupon per type and one item per coupon, then it'll work without issue, matching up the right item for the right coupon's discount. Also done this numerous times.

Trying to use multiple coupons per item won't work, and the system figures that out automatically and only knocks off one discount per item.

You can't use multiple coupons per item that are different types of coupons, such as a GamePro coupon and a GGC. System will either only knock off one discount, or no discounts. Most likely will get denied on more than one discount.

[quote name='Nogib']Not entirely true. Did noone else notice that the gamepro coupons for 3/12-4/31 actually use the exact same UPCs as the ones for 2/10-3/31 do? That being the case, the system wouldn't know if he was using the March or April coupon at all. It flat out didn't work on that "accessory" for some unknown reason and still wouldn't today. Just a bug in their system I guess. It doesn't recognize Wii accessories and needs manual adjusting.[/quote]
All of the UPCs the same, or just the Wii coupon?

Just got back from best buy, $5 off 360 game coupon worked like a charm. Guy scanned it and couldn't figure it out, but then he asked someone else and she entered it manually. Great coupon, thanks for the scans.

[quote name='shrike4242']Yes, and no. Bear with me on this one.

You can use multiple copies of the same coupon, so if you had four PS2 games and four coupons, it would work without issue and knock $5 off each game. I've done this numerous times.

If you have multiple types of coupons, one coupon per type and one item per coupon, then it'll work without issue, matching up the right item for the right coupon's discount. Also done this numerous times.

Trying to use multiple coupons per item won't work, and the system figures that out automatically and only knocks off one discount per item.

You can't use multiple coupons per item that are different types of coupons, such as a GamePro coupon and a GGC. System will either only knock off one discount, or no discounts. Most likely will get denied on more than one discount.

All of the UPCs the same, or just the Wii coupon?[/quote]

Thanks, Shrike. I knew that a free God of War II guide would be too good to be true here.

[quote name='shieryda']Thanks, Shrike. I knew that a free God of War II guide would be too good to be true here.[/quote]
Wishful thinking, I know.

Best you'd do on a GoW2 guide would be $9.19, which would be the $17.99 price @ BB PM'd to CC's $9.99 price.

how much are the Gamepros magazine usually? I never bother to look inside or buy them. Also I noticed why is there no 5 off any xbox game? I was planning to pick up Need for speed underground 2 for xbox with this coupon....but none

Just a word of warning. I finally found a Classic Controller for my Wii. THe coupon scanned ok, but didn't take anything off the total. The cashier had to enter the discount manually. Which was ok by me.

[quote name='CaoPi']how much are the Gamepros magazine usually? I never bother to look inside or buy them. Also I noticed why is there no 5 off any xbox game? I was planning to pick up Need for speed underground 2 for xbox with this coupon....but none[/quote]
BB has pretty much written off the Xbox when it comes to coupons. Best you'll get for any Xbox item for a coupons is using a GGC, or one of the "generic" ones that are for any system's games, which were the old "$10 off $39.99 or more" coupons.

[quote name='CaoPi']how much are the Gamepros magazine usually? I never bother to look inside or buy them. Also I noticed why is there no 5 off any xbox game? I was planning to pick up Need for speed underground 2 for xbox with this coupon....but none[/quote]

$5.99. I think I got my subscription for free from a link in the free section of CAG though. Either that or I bought it cheap off Ebay where I get a lot of my subscriptions. The normal subscription rate is $19.99 for 12 issues, which is worth it as the magazine is decent and has coupons every month.

I believe you can get the magazine free with a Game Crazy discount card which is $15-20 a year. It also gives you 10% off all used games at Game Crazy.

I have a subscription to just about every video game magazine currently in print. The coolest one is Video Game Collector, which covers vintage video games and some new stuff and also has a vintage game priceguide. But I digress...

Thanks OP, printouts worked perfectly for me! Picked up Virtua Tennis and Death Jr. for PSP for $5 each and Top Spin 2 for $15.

[quote name='shrike4242']Wishful thinking, I know.

Best you'd do on a GoW2 guide would be $9.19, which would be the $17.99 price @ BB PM'd to CC's $9.99 price.[/quote]

I'm going to try to pm at a CC (use the $5 off guide coupon from BB) to get GoW2 tonight. $4.99 would be hella-sweet!

[quote name='shieryda']I'm going to try to pm at a CC (use the $5 off guide coupon from BB) to get GoW2 tonight. $4.99 would be hella-sweet![/quote] PM + coupon is YMMV, as you know, and the guide's the same (regular) $17.99 price at BB.

I'm going to pick it up via PM, and get it for $4.19 ($17.99 - $9.99 - $0.80 (PM) - $5 RZ cert). At least, that's the plan.

Anyone check out the Limited Edition guide for GOWII? I know its $30 B&M but Amazon has it for $20. Wasnt sure if it was worth it or not...

[quote name='shrike4242']PM + coupon is YMMV, as you know, and the guide's the same (regular) $17.99 price at BB.

I'm going to pick it up via PM, and get it for $4.19 ($17.99 - $9.99 - $0.80 (PM) - $5 RZ cert). At least, that's the plan.[/quote]

I was able to get CC to pm the $5 off guide coupon from BB. So, I checked out with my total coming to $5.43 for the guide. On my way out of the store, a female CC employee standing by the door asked me if I wanted a free t-shirt. I cannot pass up a free t-shirt ever, so I said "Sure". She walked over the register, and handed me a free black God of War II t-shirt with the Playstation logo on one sleeve, and Kratos' face on the back. The front has the God of War II logo with the words "The End Begins". Pretty sweet.:bouncy:

[quote name='shieryda']I was able to get CC to pm the $5 off guide coupon from BB. So, I checked out with my total coming to $5.43 for the guide. On my way out of the store, a female CC employee standing by the door asked me if I wanted a free t-shirt. I cannot pass up a free t-shirt ever, so I said "Sure". She walked over the register, and handed me a free black God of War II t-shirt with the Playstation logo on one sleeve, and Kratos' face on the back. The front has the God of War II logo with the words "The End Begins". Pretty sweet.:bouncy:[/quote]
Shocking that they let you PM the coupon. Every CC out here gives me the middle finger when I try to use a competitor's coupon there.

Nice that you scored the guide + T-shirt for $4.99 + tax.

[quote name='shrike4242']Shocking that they let you PM the coupon. Every CC out here gives me the middle finger when I try to use a competitor's coupon there.

Nice that you scored the guide + T-shirt for $4.99 + tax.[/quote]

I usually have good luck at this particular store with printed coupons and those from the GGC. In any case, the BB is right across the street in case CC gives me any static about competitor coupons.

Here is the shirt:

http://circuitcity.shoplocal.com/circuitcity/Default.aspx?action=browsepagedetail&storeid=2397325&rapid=374129&pagenumber=9&listingid=-2093686740

Bump.

We really need this thread stickied. I'll be picking up GRAW for $15 with this coupon. Thanks to the OP and whoever did the scans!

[quote name='ravenbear']can you order online for in store pickup then use coupon for 360 game?[/quote]
No. The coupons are use in B&M only.

I loves this coupon & i bought lots games very cheap. Esspecially, $10 game for $5 and $5 game for free sometime & sometime the computer did not accepted the coupon. :)

Hey, just wanted to thank people for contributing these coupons and make a game recommendation.

I know there have to be some CAGs other than myself that enjoy PC point n' click adventure titles, and there's one out at BB that comes to a nice price after the $5 coupon. It's called Barrow Hill. Here's the review at JustAdventure: http://www.justadventure.com/reviews/Barrow Hill/BarrowHill.shtm

They gave it an A, which is a pretty sweet rating by their system. I've put a couple hours into it so far, and it is atmospheric as all get out. If you love horror/suspense and/or adventure games, give it a shot. At $15, it's a great buy in my opinion, and I want the devs to release more games like it. :)

Used mine today at my local Best Buy on Long Island and had no problems whatsoever. The employee did need a manager to put in his "code" and he said this was just for this type of coupon.

[quote name='toldawg128']Thanks for the scans Rictor! I used one to get Castlevania DOS today. It scanned no problem.[/quote]

A head's up for any CAGs in the Charlotte area: The Carolina Place and Independence Blvd. stores took the coupons without blinking (even on two $5 games). The one near UNC Charlotte, however, gave me a REALLY hard time about them. The manager saw them and got bishy before I even got to the register.

While I'm at it: The Carolina Place location had a few of the clearance games; Independence has a few in the 5-10 range, but most completely suck. The UNC Charlotte location mainly has those crappy-looking car advertisements masked as games.

Thank you so much for the coupon. Went into Best Buy first thing this morning and picked it up. All I said was "Oh, I got this coupon on the internet" and put my best poker face on and it worked like a charm :)

[quote name='benjamouth']Does anyone know if the Coupon for $5 off a 360 Accessory would work on a 1600 point card ?[/quote]

It should, if not, resort to the Gamer Gift Card.

[quote name='kevzik']It should, if not, resort to the Gamer Gift Card.[/quote]

Thanks Kevzik, unfortunately GGC's have gone the way of the Dodo at my BB :cry:

bread's done
Back