NEW Gamerush Deals thread - This place still rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also got word at the stores hear that the $20 off Pre-order deal is officially pulled and stores should have if phased out by now. In regards to the trade one PO, get a new title for $29.99, that is indeed in only about 5 select new growth locals (sadly not here in Ohio)

Only deal here and at most stores now I believe is the trade 3 get an additional $5 carried over from last month as well as the new, "Best Hits of 2004 1/2 off with 2 trades" deal. Sounds like additional memos have been sent out regarding not combining deals so that will likely be even more YMMV.

i live in southern california (orange county) and i went to two gamerushes and none of the had the trade in 1 game, get a game for 30 deal going on. if anyone lives in sourthen cali, do any of your stores have this deal.

also, what is this coupon that everyone is talking about from fatwallet.com? i couldnt find it. can someone please post a link or how to get it.

Is everyone aware of the XBOX Bundle coupon at GR? You get an XBOX, 1 controller, NCAA 2005, Top Spin and 2 month of XBOX Live for $149. It sounds like a good deal for those who only have a PS2.

[quote name='TigerD']Is everyone aware of the XBOX Bundle coupon at GR? You get an XBOX, 1 controller, NCAA 2005, Top Spin and 2 month of XBOX Live for $149. It sounds like a good deal for those who only have a PS2.[/quote]

Didn't even know they sold consoles. Got any links or additional info? I might be needing a PS2 and an additional Xbox. TIA

[quote name='TigerD']Is everyone aware of the XBOX Bundle coupon at GR? You get an XBOX, 1 controller, NCAA 2005, Top Spin and 2 month of XBOX Live for $149. It sounds like a good deal for those who only have a PS2.[/quote]

I was under the impression that this bundle was the standard holiday bundle that MS was shipping everywhere.

can someone please tell me where to find the fatwallet coupon. it would help a lot if someone could let me know. thanks

I've never gone to thier website.

I was in the store trading in some dvd's when on my way out I saw a stack of flyers. I picked one up and saw the coupon. According to the ad this will be available on 10/24/04.

[quote name='TigerD']I've never gone to thier website.

I was in the store trading in some dvd's when on my way out I saw a stack of flyers. I picked one up and saw the coupon. According to the ad this will be available on 10/24/04.[/quote]Yeah, it's the new holiday bundle. It is a pretty nice deal for sports fans. :)

[quote name='TigerD']I've never gone to thier website.

I was in the store trading in some dvd's when on my way out I saw a stack of flyers. I picked one up and saw the coupon. According to the ad this will be available on 10/24/04.[/quote]

Awesome thanks for the date I was wondering when this was gonna happen. Now if we can find out when/if they gonna get the PSTwo, guess those 2 items will eat the last of my credits and i'm set on games for at least 6 months.

Spin03

I live in Highland, Ca. (by San Bernardino) and the trade one in get any new game for $30 is going on here. As well as the extra $5/per when trading 3 in. What's up with the trade 5 PO get one for $1 coupon from EGM? I got one in my subscription copy then I went to a store to get another and that one had a BB advertisement instead! From reading other threads on this site, it seems that it's not very consistent. Regional markets and all that crap.

[quote name='spin03']i live in southern california (orange county) and i went to two gamerushes and none of the had the trade in 1 game, get a game for 30 deal going on. if anyone lives in sourthen cali, do any of your stores have this deal.

also, what is this coupon that everyone is talking about from fatwallet.com? i couldnt find it. can someone please post a link or how to get it.[/quote]

i live in southern cali but i live in san dimas by raging waters. the GR over here has the deal for trading 1 game in and get a game for 30. so you can count on it if you come over here, but i dont know if its worth a drive

[quote name='spin03']i live in southern california (orange county) and i went to two gamerushes and none of the had the trade in 1 game, get a game for 30 deal going on. if anyone lives in sourthen cali, do any of your stores have this deal.

also, what is this coupon that everyone is talking about from fatwallet.com? i couldnt find it. can someone please post a link or how to get it.[/quote]

I Went to the one in diamond bar and they had this promotion. I got paper mario, mortal kombat deception kollectors edition and tales of symphonia for 29.99 each.

[quote name='spin03']can someone please tell me where to find the fatwallet coupon. it would help a lot if someone could let me know. thanks[/quote]

The "fatwallet coupon" is BS. Someone scanned a copy of their gamerush coupon, it probably expired by now anyway but it clear states on the coupon no reproductions. Only the dumbest of the dumb employees would let you use it.

If you want to find the Blockbuster coupon, try going to the "hot deals" forum at fatwallet. Once at that forum, do a search for Blockbuster and you should easily find the thread(the one with a huge amount of posts). In the first post of the first page of that thread is a link to the coupon. Unfortunately it expires tomorrow so you don't have much time even if your gamerush will accept a printed coupon.

It does indeed say no reproductions on the coupon. Why are some gamerush's taking the coupon? 3 possible reasons I can come up with: 1) The employees are rushed for time and don't want to hold up the line by reading all fine print on the coupon. 2) It's rather difficult to read the fine print on a printed coupon with the orange lettering on the black background, atleast on my cheap Lexmark printer lol. 3)The employees are aware of the fine print but are just willing to help a brother out since the coupon code works the same on a printed coupon.

It sounds like most people here haven't had any luck with it but it's worked for me every time at my local gamerush. I'm intrigued that some people have even went so far as to print an add on the back of the printed coupon to make it look like it was cut from a magazine.

I've only known about the deals at gamerush for about the past month or so but in the short period of time I've been able to aquire a decent amount of used quality titles for $4.99. I've picked up a lot of titles I was interested in: Fable, Tales of Symphonia, Burnout 3, Madden 2005, NCAA 2005, Chronicles of Riddick and probably a couple more I can't think of at the moment.

Question to BB/GR employees about expiring deals....one of the GR's near me told me today over the phone that the preorder deal was still going on....this was a regular employee/manager, not a game trader. Will the coupon barcode still work in the system or has it been completely disabled. Another store confirmed to me that the preorder is over at their location. So basically I want to know if it will still go through, otherwise I'm not going to go and fight for it because I know they'll call the other store if there's a problem and find out it's over.

My Gamerush accepted the coupon without any hassle, you just gotta print an ad on the other side of the coupon cause it looks really funny without anything on the other side considering you supposedly got it out of a magazine.

[quote name='ramprider0']My Gamerush accepted the coupon without any hassle, you just gotta print an ad on the other side of the coupon cause it looks really funny without anything on the other side considering you supposedly got it out of a magazine.[/quote]

It's worth a shot but I mean what kind of printer/paper are you printing on that someone is going to think it actually came out of a magazine. Not to mention the crappy scan.

Oh and in case anyone cares this is the list of 2004 great games I got over the phone, may be wrong but I am writing down word for word, whatever, mostly crap.

Van Helsing, some Harry Potter game, Psi Ops, Shrek 2, Hitman Contracts, ESPN MLB 2K4, Re:Outbreak, Onimusha 3, NFL Gameday 2005, Syphon Filter.

Well, Psi Ops isn't a bad game....retails for $30 trade in some cruddy game and get it next to free wouldn't be awful

just came back from GR and got KUF today. the guy didnt know about the deal if you trade in 1 and get a new one for 29.99, so i told him about it and he just did it for me. so he told me to come back and he would hook me up. still thinking if i should get star wars: battlefront and tiger woods pga tour 2005 or fifa 2005. which ones or one should i get?

[quote name='vanlandw']Well, Psi Ops isn't a bad game....retails for $30 trade in some cruddy game and get it next to free wouldn't be awful[/quote]

Let's be honest man, compared to what we're used to this is TOTAL CRAP! :cry:

When I was at Gamerush The chronicles of Riddick was one of the great games of 2004 but I don't know if thats the case at every Gamerush.

[quote name='jshorr'][quote name='ramprider0']My Gamerush accepted the coupon without any hassle, you just gotta print an ad on the other side of the coupon cause it looks really funny without anything on the other side considering you supposedly got it out of a magazine.[/quote]

It's worth a shot but I mean what kind of printer/paper are you printing on that someone is going to think it actually came out of a magazine. Not to mention the crappy scan.[/quote]
My Gamerush stores have never even heard of the coupon before so they are really unsure it'll work but when they scan it the coupon works and I got Spiderman 2 which is 39.99 for 4.99 and then the two other games had 50% off. I was using regular print paper and I have a digital subscription to EGM and just printed an article on the back of the coupon but make sure that whatever you print on the backside of the coupon doesn't bleed through or they'll know somethings up. Oh and get this the letters and words on the backside of the coupon were upside down and they still took it :lol:

trade in one get new game for 29.99 is going on in oklahoma city....they also gave me $5 extra for each game so i traded in three old crappy gba games for a total of $30 which includes the $5 extra per game and then got paper mario for 29.99...paid $2.45 tax out the door.....

its weird, my blockbuster said that they are doing a deal where i only trade in 1 game and can preorder a game for 29.99. doesnt really make sense

[quote name='rafissaying']just came back from GR and got KUF today. the guy didnt know about the deal if you trade in 1 and get a new one for 29.99, so i told him about it and he just did it for me. so he told me to come back and he would hook me up. still thinking if i should get star wars: battlefront and tiger woods pga tour 2005 or fifa 2005. which ones or one should i get?[/quote]

which s. cali GR did u went to?

[quote name='spin03']its weird, my blockbuster said that they are doing a deal where i only trade in 1 game and can preorder a game for 29.99. doesnt really make sense[/quote]

My gamerush does not have that deal. If they did I would get Halo 2!!!

[quote name='gokou1628'][quote name='rafissaying']just came back from GR and got KUF today. the guy didnt know about the deal if you trade in 1 and get a new one for 29.99, so i told him about it and he just did it for me. so he told me to come back and he would hook me up. still thinking if i should get star wars: battlefront and tiger woods pga tour 2005 or fifa 2005. which ones or one should i get?[/quote]

which s. cali GR did u went to?[/quote]

i live in san dimas and i go to the GR here. but there are also GR near me about 3 or 4 in a 5 mile radius. they ususally have a good deal with games, so i would suggest calling before to see if they have what you want.

I was out with some friends so I managed to try a new store the Mesquite on near Town East Mall.

I had my coupon(Trade 3 get and used one for $5) and I was ready to get Mortal Kombat CE for $5 when the clerk opened the game to find nothing inside!! Looks like someone traded in a case with nothing in it..I guess they don't check games here.

I did get Tony Hawk Underground 2 for $3 so I can't complain but a $60 game for a few buck would have rules....empty the case was!

Picked up my Paper Mario 2 preorder and bought my little sister an ice-cream at GameRush today. Going to start playing it soon.

the best of 2004 is scary. IF THAT IS THE BEST I WOULD HATE TO SEE THE WORsT Deal!

The trade in dvd for 8 and the trade three for 5 each is great though

( see my compliment or complain thread)

Agred the best of 2004 is really sad. Shrek 2? Come on...more like "games of 2004 we got too many copies of and want to get rid of."

Has anybody gotten an official date for the end of the extra $5 offer? I called numerous GRs and BB and not a single employee was capable enough to find that info.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Has anybody gotten an official date for the end of the extra $5 offer? I called numerous GRs and BB and not a single employee was capable enough to find that info.[/quote]

It ends 11/08 according to the flyer I recieved in the mail.

[quote name='buster90']I was out with some friends so I managed to try a new store the Mesquite on near Town East Mall.

I had my coupon(Trade 3 get and used one for $5) and I was ready to get Mortal Kombat CE for $5 when the clerk opened the game to find nothing inside!! Looks like someone traded in a case with nothing in it..I guess they don't check games here.

I did get Tony Hawk Underground 2 for $3 so I can't complain but a $60 game for a few buck would have rules....empty the case was![/quote]

lol, the first thing they do at the one I go to is check the disc to make sure it doesn't have scratches but I have rented dvds and games and just got the case, but still you made out well.

I'm in LA, and my GameRush had the trade 1, get a game for $30 deal. I picked up Paper Mario. By the way, anybody who has NBA Live 2004 GameCube or can get it cheap, GameRush is giving $16 trade PLUS $5 when you trade 3 or more games.

Also, don't forget the buy 1 PO, get second for 50% off is still going on.

The Games of 2004 that I remember are:
Onimusha 3
Psi-Ops
Van Helsing
Riddick
Hitman Contracts
Duel Masters GBA
NBA Ballers
Harry Potter Prisoner

Lastly, the dude working there said they've already gotten in some PStwos, though they're all gone. I had thought those weren't coming out until November.

i havent been to GR since i got my Metroid fix...

as for the PStwo's, they have been released at various places, since there isnt a set release date, or at least anything legally binding.

My game rush let me do a trade 2 get any game priced between $19.99-$39.99 half price... I picked up a new copy of nba live 2005 for $20

Hey i was told today by the guy who works at gamerush that every deal which they have you may only do it twice in 60 days. For example once you have gotten 5 dollars extra on 3 games twice, you cant do it any more. Any one else hear of this?

Whoo hooo. MK:Deception: KE for 7.00 :)
I really like the coupons. I think I may have to buy a couple extra EGMs or OPMs to use a few more coupons next month as well.

[quote name='toocool17']Hey i was told today by the guy who works at gamerush that every deal which they have you may only do it twice in 60 days. For example once you have gotten 5 dollars extra on 3 games twice, you cant do it any more. Any one else hear of this?[/quote]

That guy is full of shit.

[quote name='jboy'][quote name='toocool17']Hey i was told today by the guy who works at gamerush that every deal which they have you may only do it twice in 60 days. For example once you have gotten 5 dollars extra on 3 games twice, you cant do it any more. Any one else hear of this?[/quote]

That guy is full of shit.[/quote]

Completely. But even if that was true, it would still be per location.

Went to gamerush today hoping for the trade 1 get 1 deal... No GO.
Istead i asked about the Best of 2004...
Please excuse me I am LMAO
anyway the girl says thats any game that came out in 2004. So I got Tony Hawk Underground for $25 plus tax Minus trade in = free
I'll be back

[quote name='jetblac']
anyway the girl says thats any game that came out in 2004. So I got Tony Hawk Underground for $25 plus tax Minus trade in = free
I'll be back[/quote]

Grats to you... sometimes you just luck out on idiot employees

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back