NEW Gamerush Deals thread - This place still rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bmulligan']You can send them to me. PM me and I'll give you my address.

I'l even spring for shipping ![/quote]

I gotta say that is so nice of you to offer. :D
I wanna make SOME money off of it.

Can I still go in today and get the trade three games in and get $5 added to each game deal today, or was the 7th the last day?

Thanks,

dvdsrule

[quote name='dvdsrule']Can I still go in today and get the trade three games in and get $5 added to each game deal today, or was the 7th the last day?

Thanks,

dvdsrule[/quote]

It says it expires the 8th so that usually means the 8th is the last day. I'm hoping to get some $5 extra action going after midnight night which will technically be the 9th, but hopefully I won't encounter a deal nazi.

[quote name='bmulligan']ok, you're the 1st post after the OP. In any case, on my screen I can't even see your post when the window opens. I'm just saying that most people probably skip over it becuase they never scroll down to your post which is under wshakespeare's. I'm not trying to argue with you, just giving you a reason why there are so many dunces who don't know the deals and keep repeating the same questions.

Thanks for the updae, BTW, it's appreciated ![/quote]

I'm such a lousy Parent...

[quote name='"gza331"'][quote name='"Indiana"'][quote name='"gza331"']I have a question about the $5 extra on each game traded deal.

I went today to trade my ps1 games for the extra $3 per game, but looking at the receipt, I didn't get the extra $3 on two of the games. I only traded in 8 games total, not 10, so did the guy at BB make a mistake or was the rule changed?[/quote]

That was a mistake. You should have gotten $3 extra for each game since they are PS1 games.[/quote]

Is there anything I can do to get my $6? Is it too late to get this fixed? I still have the reciept, which seems to be my only hope.[/quote]

Pretty much as soon as you sign that receipt you are agreeing to their offer. You could possibly go back and ask for free rentals or something, but highly unlikely. Just kiss that credit goodbye. Personally, I missed out on over $100 in those extra/bonus credits because of GR CSRs who didnt know what they were doing. Just ask next time when you are unsure, because you have the option to not sell them if you think they didnt do the credits. But those bonus credits should end tonight at midnight 11/9.

New Gamepro I got in the mail has a coupon at Gamerush for any new game for $39. Better than nothing. Maybe good for games above 49.99?

[quote name='fragmanslayer']Check PAGE 1. All deals are updated occasionally, its your best bet than reading through all the other posts.[/quote]Wasn't ablw to update on the Halo 2 deals since I sadly wasn't able to go tonight. :( Til tomorrow. :)

I just picked up my Halo 2 LE and when I got home and opened it up, it showed that I got 2 of the Limited Edition DVD discs and NOT a game disc. GRRRR... :twisted:

[quote name='Wshakspear']Hey! look at the next post![/quote] :rofl: :notworth: \:D/

Nice. :D Anyways, I'll pick up all the sheets for the new promos and ask about stuff to update "the post" when I go pick up my Halo 2 preorder. :)

I feel REALLY sorry for you, polo. Now you don't get to play it. Just like me. :twisted:

[quote name='polobearjp']I just picked up my Halo 2 LE and when I got home and opened it up, it showed that I got 2 of the Limited Edition DVD discs and NOT a game disc. GRRRR... :twisted:[/quote]

I opened mine and it was scratched (it was brilliant for them to put the disks on top of each other). I had to rush back to the store before they closed.

[quote name='delahappy'][quote name='polobearjp']I just picked up my Halo 2 LE and when I got home and opened it up, it showed that I got 2 of the Limited Edition DVD discs and NOT a game disc. GRRRR... :twisted:[/quote]

I opened mine and it was scratched (it was brilliant for them to put the disks on top of each other). I had to rush back to the store before they closed.[/quote]

yea, i was kind of shocked when i found out they stacked the games. actually, disappointed might be amore appropriate :x

There were NO pre-owned software titles on sale for 50% off at my gamerush last night. I'm very dissappointed. They weren't even giving out free rental coupons either like the flyer said.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Anyone able to verify the trade in 3 get one PO for 9.99 ? and does this take ps1 or not ?[/quote]

started at midnight last night, and shockingly enough THEY DO TAKE PS1 GAMES!! :p

[quote name='bmulligan']They weren't even giving out free rental coupons either like the flyer said.[/quote]at my gamerush they said that if you bought halo 2 it would show up on your account so that you could get a free rental.

[quote name='sanjuro'][quote name='bmulligan']They weren't even giving out free rental coupons either like the flyer said.[/quote]at my gamerush they said that if you bought halo 2 it would show up on your account so that you could get a free rental.[/quote]

My local GR gave out coupons that were only good from midnight to 2AM and then some coupon books as others mentioned that are good for several days. I was able to get a free rental and picked up Bards Tale for a week. Haven't played it yet though...

went to GR today and the trade 3 get one PO for 9.99 was there. i got thug 2 and pikim 2 for a totally of 16...since i used one of the coupons in the midnight coupon book. if they take ps1 games that would be awesome. i forgot to ask the CR...but if any used ps1 games, let me know

The trade 3 is get 1 for 10 is an instore promo, correct? Shouldnt you be able to use a promo and a coupon in one transaction.

Has anyone used the trade 3 get a preorder for 19.99 coupon yet, and is there a limit, such as trade 6 games and preorder 2 games? I dont have the coupon in front of me to check.

Gamrrush has 2 new deals going on now:

Trade in 3 used games and get any preowned game for $9.99. INcludes PSX games.

Buy 2 preowned games get one free.

quick question for you guys...does anybody know where to get cheap PS1 games...maybe $2 bucks or less.....

the "trade 3, get a PO game for $10" is going until january eleventh. The coupons from the halo 2 midnight maddness event expire on Nov 22(so use those NOW)

Just FYI, the GR at Campbell in Richardson didn't let me trade nfl 2k3, they said only 2004 or newer sports titles. I haven't tried anywhere else, so i'm not sure if this is only at that store.

[quote name='aarif1']Just FYI, the GR at Campbell in Richardson didn't let me trade nfl 2k3, they said only 2004 or newer sports titles. I haven't tried anywhere else, so i'm not sure if this is only at that store.[/quote]

That is BS, a lot of the GR's like to make up rules on the fly to try and stop the flow of old sports games or ones they may have a lot of, i wouldnt stand for it......

[quote name='DirtyBoB'][quote name='aarif1']Just FYI, the GR at Campbell in Richardson didn't let me trade nfl 2k3, they said only 2004 or newer sports titles. I haven't tried anywhere else, so i'm not sure if this is only at that store.[/quote]

That is BS, a lot of the GR's like to make up rules on the fly to try and stop the flow of old sports games or ones they may have a lot of, i wouldnt stand for it......[/quote]

If they already have 50 copies piled up in the back, can you blame them for not wanting more copies of nfl fever 2002 or madden 01?

fortunately the new deal works with psone sports games, and there are so many obscure(and cheap) psone sports games.

I like their reaction when i trade in jimmy johnson football 98 "wow i didnt know jimmy johnson had his own football game!" and it still qualifies for the "trade in 5 psone sports games, get any used game for a buck"

[quote name='Masterkyo']I wonder how long it take to get Halo 2 (Pre-owned) for $10 :)[/quote]

I am guessing in a few months when they are no longer renting out tons of Halo 2 copies, they will sell the former rentals as "preowned". Of course, former rentals are usually scratched to hell.

Anyone in the DFW area having problems with getting GR to take PS1 games for the trade in 3 get one for $10 deall? I have alot of old PS1 games that I want to get rid of and so far none of the ones I have gone too will take them as part of the deal. One guy told me that while technically the deal does allow PS1 games that he personally will not accept them ..

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Anyone in the DFW area having problems with getting GR to take PS1 games for the trade in 3 get one for $10 deall? I have alot of old PS1 games that I want to get rid of and so far none of the ones I have gone too will take them as part of the deal. One guy told me that while technically the deal does allow PS1 games that he personally will not accept them ..[/quote]

I'd tell him that's nice, but that you'd like to hear the manager's opinion. If he balks, call the number posted at the front. It actually does some good.

[quote name='dracula'][quote name='DirtyBoB'][quote name='aarif1']Just FYI, the GR at Campbell in Richardson didn't let me trade nfl 2k3, they said only 2004 or newer sports titles. I haven't tried anywhere else, so i'm not sure if this is only at that store.[/quote]

That is BS, a lot of the GR's like to make up rules on the fly to try and stop the flow of old sports games or ones they may have a lot of, i wouldnt stand for it......[/quote]

If they already have 50 copies piled up in the back, can you blame them for not wanting more copies of nfl fever 2002 or madden 01?

fortunately the new deal works with psone sports games, and there are so many obscure(and cheap) psone sports games.

I like their reaction when i trade in jimmy johnson football 98 "wow i didnt know jimmy johnson had his own football game!" and it still qualifies for the "trade in 5 psone sports games, get any used game for a buck"[/quote]

As a business person, no i understand that stance, but its their fault for having crazy ass promotions, if they dont want 50 copies of nfl2k3 they need to add restrictions to their madness, not punish the customer for their igonrance

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Anyone in the DFW area having problems with getting GR to take PS1 games for the trade in 3 get one for $10 deall? I have alot of old PS1 games that I want to get rid of and so far none of the ones I have gone too will take them as part of the deal. One guy told me that while technically the deal does allow PS1 games that he personally will not accept them ..[/quote]

i'd say its your fault for living on the wrong side of the metroplex :D

but i haven't had any trouble at the one in richardson.

[quote name='DirtyBoB']As a business person, no i understand that stance, but its their fault for having crazy ass promotions, if they dont want 50 copies of nfl2k3 they need to add restrictions to their madness, not punish the customer for their igonrance[/quote]I see that you're getting punished for an employee not allowing you to trade in the old sports games. :roll:

I think that you're right that the employee doesn't let you trade in old sports games. It's not his decision to make. If it's the manager that's telling you this, then you really can't complain since that's the way he wants to run his store.

Which location was this?

[quote name='Espanto'][quote name='AdvOfJet']Anyone in the DFW area having problems with getting GR to take PS1 games for the trade in 3 get one for $10 deall? I have alot of old PS1 games that I want to get rid of and so far none of the ones I have gone too will take them as part of the deal. One guy told me that while technically the deal does allow PS1 games that he personally will not accept them ..[/quote]

Which location was this?[/quote]

It was at the location in Fort Worth on Western Center. The guy there was a real prick. At one point when he was cashing us out at the register, one of the girls working there asked him for his keys to get something out of a drawer. He gave her the keys and then followed her (leaving me halfway through the checkout process) and proceeded to stare at her the entire time she was bent over looking through the drawer. The manager at the store said the same thing about taking PS1 games though. Also the one on South Hulen would not take PS1 games as part of the deal. Maybe I should try Dallas tomorrow.

I think GR is being a little assy on Space Channel 5: SE for PS2 now. They seem to be alerted at the game being not in the system and will not take the game as a trade in.

I traded in Space Channel 5 yesterday. Just have the employee look it up in the computer manually without scanning it in. I gave him the actual first disc without a case. The first disc will give you $20 trade in. I kept the second one because I like that game better and its only worth like $1.50 according to the other gamerush thread (trade in value).

I talked to a Gamerush employee and he told me that when they get a trade-in, they can't put it on the shelves for 15 days because of Florida law. I don't know how it is in other states. But as for Halo 2 pre-owned, give it about two weeks, in case anyone traded it in.

Also, I believe there is an on-going deal where if you trade in 2 games, you can get $20 off of a new game. That's what the employee yesterday told me.

These GameRush credits are burning holes in my pockets!!
I don't know if I should just go get an Xbox (but it's gonna price drop in a few months)
or should I get Nintendo DS (but PSP is coming out in a few months)
Or If I should wait for PSP but it might Suck because of the UMD and battery life)
Any suggestions??
Maybe I should just stick with my PS2/ Who the fuck can afford purchasing $40 games for home and for portables? I was a cheapass before I got here!

I found a nice way to convert my GameRush credits into GameStop credits. GameStop are running the trade 3 get additional 30%. So I bought 3 Halo 2's with my growing gamerush credit (mainly growing because of all the presells they have to credit me for... bastards), and then trade them to GameStop for 35 + 30% each. It's a small loss per item in real cash terms, but it's a liberation of funds, which allows me to buy pc games and have a larger pool of used games to buy from. Now I wait for the buy 2 get 1 for free deals :)

Espanto wrote:
AdvOfJet wrote:
Anyone in the DFW area having problems with getting GR to take PS1 games for the trade in 3 get one for $10 deall? I have alot of old PS1 games that I want to get rid of and so far none of the ones I have gone too will take them as part of the deal. One guy told me that while technically the deal does allow PS1 games that he personally will not accept them ..

Which location was this?

It was at the location in Fort Worth on Western Center. The guy there was a real prick. At one point when he was cashing us out at the register, one of the girls working there asked him for his keys to get something out of a drawer. He gave her the keys and then followed her (leaving me halfway through the checkout process) and proceeded to stare at her the entire time she was bent over looking through the drawer. The manager at the store said the same thing about taking PS1 games though. Also the one on South Hulen would not take PS1 games as part of the deal. Maybe I should try Dallas tomorrow.

So YOU'RE the other CAG in the area! I could have sworn I had the Fort Worth GR market cornered since June until recently when I started to see several copies of Corvette and Space Channel 5 appear at Western Center. They hate me there, but I've never broken any rules, so I keep coming. Which guy was it that told you "No"? Was it the blonde punk with the short spiky hair? :)

Just an FYI: At this same store another employee told me that they would take PS1 games, so YMMV from employee to employee (as always) but yes, many GR's in DFW have said "No" to me on PSOne games, and that's without ever seeing me before.

And 1 last piece of info, I picked up the Halo 2 coupon book last night, they have just placed them by the Halo stand. So I got some of those sweet trade X get it for a x$ coupons.

[quote name='jetblac']I don't know if I should just go get an Xbox (but it's gonna price drop in a few months)[/quote]

What's your source on this? I'm looking into a new Xbox right now with my GR credits but maybe I'll wait then.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']
It was at the location in Fort Worth on Western Center.[/quote]

Hmm...this sucks. Well, I'm going to try a few stores around the area. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back