NEW Gamerush Deals thread - This place still rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='AdvOfJet']Anyone in the DFW area having problems with getting GR to take PS1 games for the trade in 3 get one for $10 deall? I have alot of old PS1 games that I want to get rid of and so far none of the ones I have gone too will take them as part of the deal. One guy told me that while technically the deal does allow PS1 games that he personally will not accept them ..[/quote]

Nope I traded 3 old crap PS1 games and got Moral Kombat Decpetion CE for like $7. HEHEHEH.

[quote name='buster90'][quote name='AdvOfJet']Anyone in the DFW area having problems with getting GR to take PS1 games for the trade in 3 get one for $10 deall? I have alot of old PS1 games that I want to get rid of and so far none of the ones I have gone too will take them as part of the deal. One guy told me that while technically the deal does allow PS1 games that he personally will not accept them ..[/quote]

Nope I traded 3 old crap PS1 games and got Moral Kombat Decpetion CE for like $7. HEHEHEH.[/quote]
:shock: What location did ya find the MK:D CE at?

Wait, I mean how much will they pay for my PS2? I'm just saying this because why would they have to pay tax so I'm thinking you meant $100 to buy one from them.

Thanks anyways.

I don't know if this was mentioned earlier or not, but the 3 for $10 deal does apply in Texas, or at least in my area. I traded in 3 games and got a perfect Time Crisis 3 (originally 39.99) for $10 and I used a coupon from that halo book to preorder a game for 19.99.

[quote name='stoned99']I found a nice way to convert my GameRush credits into GameStop credits. GameStop are running the trade 3 get additional 30%. So I bought 3 Halo 2's with my growing gamerush credit (mainly growing because of all the presells they have to credit me for... bastards), and then trade them to GameStop for 35 + 30% each. It's a small loss per item in real cash terms, but it's a liberation of funds, which allows me to buy pc games and have a larger pool of used games to buy from. Now I wait for the buy 2 get 1 for free deals :)[/quote]

that's a really good idea. i should transfer $100 or so of my gr credits to gamestop so that i know for sure i'll receive my preorders in the future :p

Ok, just got back from GR:

Me: "Are ps1 games included on the trade 3 get PO for $10?
Him: "I think so, let me check. *types some stuff* Y...Yes, they are, but umm...I think our PS1 stock is high. *acts like he's looking down aisle* Uh, ya, that's it...we have too many PS1 games right now, so no. We aren't taking any for trade."

:evil:

[quote name='Espanto']Ok, just got back from GR:

Me: "Are ps1 games included on the trade 3 get PO for $10?
Him: "I think so, let me check. *types some stuff* Y...Yes, they are, but umm...I think our PS1 stock is high. *acts like he's looking down aisle* Uh, ya, that's it...we have too many PS1 games right now, so no. We aren't taking any for trade."

:evil:[/quote]

That is the exact quote I got from the store on Hulen .. heh ..

[quote name='Archaic']
Espanto wrote:
AdvOfJet wrote:
Anyone in the DFW area having problems with getting GR to take PS1 games for the trade in 3 get one for $10 deall? I have alot of old PS1 games that I want to get rid of and so far none of the ones I have gone too will take them as part of the deal. One guy told me that while technically the deal does allow PS1 games that he personally will not accept them ..

Which location was this?

It was at the location in Fort Worth on Western Center. The guy there was a real prick. At one point when he was cashing us out at the register, one of the girls working there asked him for his keys to get something out of a drawer. He gave her the keys and then followed her (leaving me halfway through the checkout process) and proceeded to stare at her the entire time she was bent over looking through the drawer. The manager at the store said the same thing about taking PS1 games though. Also the one on South Hulen would not take PS1 games as part of the deal. Maybe I should try Dallas tomorrow.

So YOU'RE the other CAG in the area! I could have sworn I had the Fort Worth GR market cornered since June until recently when I started to see several copies of Corvette and Space Channel 5 appear at Western Center. They hate me there, but I've never broken any rules, so I keep coming. Which guy was it that told you "No"? Was it the blonde punk with the short spiky hair? :)

Just an FYI: At this same store another employee told me that they would take PS1 games, so YMMV from employee to employee (as always) but yes, many GR's in DFW have said "No" to me on PSOne games, and that's without ever seeing me before.[/quote]

Yeah I sent a few Corvette's that way but haven't done any Space Channel 5 so far so there must be at least one more floating around. The guy that told me no was the tall goofy looking one. I don't think he is actually even on the GameRush side since he doesn't wear the same clothes. I haven't had any problems there up until that point but I usually deal with the GR guy the has the huge goatee ... one that ran the Halo Midnight Event there.

So, without looking over the entire thread...what are the CURRENT DEALS? And, are they national?

I have the Halo2 coupons also....but I need to find some cheap games to trade in. any ideas on PS1 games cheap?

[quote name='supadupacheap']Anybody see in the paper that BBuster is trying to buy Hollywood video. That be great if it happened since Gamecrazy would become Gamerush. Mmm. Heaven[/quote]

That would be terrible. You do realize that the reason these deals exist is because they are competing with each other. If they become one business the only competition is EB and Gamestop.

Anyone else check if their Gamerushes are gettin the Nintendo DS's early like Gamestop is saying (on 11/15 instead of 11/21)? I called mine and they had no idea what i was talking about.

[quote name='Indiana'][quote name='supadupacheap']Anybody see in the paper that BBuster is trying to buy Hollywood video. That be great if it happened since Gamecrazy would become Gamerush. Mmm. Heaven[/quote]

That would be terrible. You do realize that the reason these deals exist is because they are competing with each other. If they become one business the only competition is EB and Gamestop.[/quote]

First of all, I have no gamerush so the possibilty of one even close to me gets me all excited. Secondly, Im not sure how much Gamecrazy and BBuster are in direct competition. Maybe it is so but around here they sure as hell arent. The big "players" in used games are EB and Gamestop. Those are the two outlets most mentioned in all the Halo nonsense. I feel like even if gamecrazy gets swallow up, EB and Gamestop provide enough competition to keep the madness going, if that is actually whats driving it.
Plus, I think sooner or later, competition or not, BB is going to buy a clue and stop all this crazy crap. Ill still probably have some credits left to use since my BB around here have absolutely no selection.

[quote name='supadupacheap'][quote name='Indiana'][quote name='supadupacheap']Anybody see in the paper that BBuster is trying to buy Hollywood video. That be great if it happened since Gamecrazy would become Gamerush. Mmm. Heaven[/quote]

That would be terrible. You do realize that the reason these deals exist is because they are competing with each other. If they become one business the only competition is EB and Gamestop.[/quote]

First of all, I have no gamerush so the possibilty of one even close to me gets me all excited. Secondly, Im not sure how much Gamecrazy and BBuster are in direct competition. Maybe it is so but around here they sure as hell arent. The big "players" in used games are EB and Gamestop. Those are the two outlets most mentioned in all the Halo nonsense. I feel like even if gamecrazy gets swallow up, EB and Gamestop provide enough competition to keep the madness going, if that is actually whats driving it.
Plus, I think sooner or later, competition or not, BB is going to buy a clue and stop all this crazy crap. Ill still probably have some credits left to use since my BB around here have absolutely no selection.[/quote]

There is no competition between Game Crazy and Game Rush. Thats like 2 Tacobell dogs fight over a bone after a pitbull (EB and Game Stop) ate off the meat. It would be bad... Very bad for Eb and Game Stop.

You guys up up in north texas should check out allen. They got a couple ofr gamerushes up there so there should be plenty of stuff to choose and pick from.

Argh! That really sucks about the extra $5 deal being stopped. I really should've traded more stuff in at that price. The new deals aren't nearly as good in my opinion, because they're all about used games. GameRush's used games are mostly former rentals (meaning bad condition), and the selection is pretty bad. At least I still have quite a bit of credit stored up.

As a part of the B2G1 sale, I just picked up 2 Room Zoom, 2 Freestyle Street Soccer XB, 1 copy ESPN NBA 2K4 XB, and Wario World(actually for me) for a little under 50.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Argh! That really sucks about the extra $5 deal being stopped. I really should've traded more stuff in at that price. The new deals aren't nearly as good in my opinion, because they're all about used games. GameRush's used games are mostly former rentals (meaning bad condition), and the selection is pretty bad. At least I still have quite a bit of credit stored up.[/quote]

The deals are actually very good, provided you have a couple of high volume stores in your area... people will trade in new games after playing them only a week or two, so you can get brand new stuff in pristine condition ungodly cheap. Thanks to the deals and coupons, I've gotten
THUG2, MK:D KE, MK:D, Neo Contra, Fable, and Madden 2005 for under 100 dollars (including the cost of all the games bough to trade in to enable these deals).

Of course, if you have only one store to feed off of, and it's in a low volume area, then you wouldn't be doing as well.

As it is, there are 4 viable Gamerushes all within a 10 minute drive of either my home or work, so theres actually a very large volume of software always changing hands around me.

ARn I want everyone here to note that the Mesquite Texas store SUCKS!!!!!!!

They gave me all this BS saying I cannot trade in more than one copy per title ever! I traded in one copy of NFL gameday there 2 months ago and would not take my second copy!! What a load of BS...

plus they would not accept Corvette, Super Trucks Racing or Ford Racing 2! I asked why she said we do not accept those games!!! I said I never traded them here she said they are games we cannot accept!

BS..worst Gamerush ever my second and last visit there! PLus their used game selecion stinks nothing but old crap.

[quote name='buster90']ARn I want everyone here to note that the Mesquite Texas store SUCKS!!!!!!!

They gave me all this BS saying I cannot trade in more than one copy per title ever! I traded in one copy of NFL gameday there 2 months ago and would not take my second copy!! What a load of BS...

plus they would not accept Corvette, Super Trucks Racing or Ford Racing 2! I asked why she said we do not accept those games!!! I said I never traded them here she said they are games we cannot accept!

BS..worst Gamerush ever my second and last visit there! PLus their used game selecion stinks nothing but old crap.[/quote]

there are 2 or 3 locations in mesquite. which one is this (so i can avoid it)?

This is an instore Blockbuster Promo and PS1 games are included in the Trade 3 Get 1 PO for $10.00. Employess cannot make their own rules on the "fly." If you are not able to do the instore promo contact the "disrict" or"area" manager so store will have to "comply" with the promo. Also their is no "exclusion" list so all trades are "fair game." Peace and happy trading!!

:D

[quote name='aarif1'][quote name='buster90']ARn I want everyone here to note that the Mesquite Texas store SUCKS!!!!!!!

BS..worst Gamerush ever my second and last visit there! PLus their used game selecion stinks nothing but old crap.[/quote]

there are 2 or 3 locations in mesquite. which one is this (so i can avoid it)?[/quote]

The one on towneast Blvd Independence Plaza near Kids R US and a gas station.

There are 2 other Game Rush's in Mesquite one near Toys R Us and another one but I have not been to either of them.

Does GameRush take PS1 games without proper case and/or instructions? I was thinking of ordering some PreOwned to use as trade-ins....

[quote name='doubledown']Does GameRush take PS1 games without proper case and/or instructions? I was thinking of ordering some PreOwned to use as trade-ins....[/quote]

yup. traded in just the disc for spec ops and tony hawk for psone with no hassle.

[quote name='rafissaying']anyone know how much you have to put down for a ds?[/quote]

$25 + tax will get you a preorder. then you need to come up with the rest when you pick up your ds.

Confirmed, GameRush buys PS2's and Xbox's for $100 down. This is a great deal because they sell Used PS2's and Xbox's for $130. Only a $30 profit. I can't say any other store (EB, Gamestop, etc.) will give you that much money.

PS2 - $100 (I brought my box but w/out the foam; I'm positive you don't need the box.)
Memory Card - $15
PS1 Controller - $12
Final Fantasy X
MGS: Substance
NCAA Football 04
NBA Live 04
GTA:3
GTA:VC
NBA Street Vol.2
Spider-man 2 (GC) - $23
Resident Evil (GC)
Super Smash Bros. (GC)
Total - $233

Sorry, I lost my reciept so I don't know the prices of the games I didn't give a price for. Also, they only take 20 Trade-ins per day.

I was told by a Gamerush employee that they won't be accepting crap games for the trade 3, get a preowned for $10 anymore. They said it's a violation of contract and considered "abusing the system" to trade in garbage games for a $45 preowned one and that Gamerush will be "cracking down" on people who do so. Just a warning to everybody out there.

[quote name='Pope On A Rope']I was told by a Gamerush employee that they won't be accepting crap games for the trade 3, get a preowned for $10 anymore. They said it's a violation of contract and considered "abusing the system" to trade in garbage games for a $45 preowned one and that Gamerush will be "cracking down" on people who do so. Just a warning to everybody out there.[/quote]

I highly doubt they will be "Cracking down" anything, and abusing the system is wrong from a business stand point, but what can they really do to people without getting some really bad press? They dont want to be the new store on the block while being a trading nazi. I think they will just enforce a POX list soon, ending a golden age between CAG and gamerush. It was so easy from their standpoint to just not include PS1 games in the current deal, but it was there stupid corporate fault.

Don't know if this has been posted, but in the New EGM (Metal Gear Solid 3 on the front, Issue 186, page #86 & 87) there's a coupon to get any new game for $39.99 when you trade with coupon. Expires 12-15-04.

In the fine print it says, game must be purchased in same transaction as GAME traded. So I guess you only have to trade in 1 game with this deal. And no, PS1 games aren't a part of this deal.

Also says the DS in-store 11-2.

Out of curiosity, which store was this that you heard this in?

And did it sound as though he was quoting store policy, or was he just sounding off employee frustration?

I'm not sure why GameRush would create promotions that it doesn't want to honor.

Most GR's in my area are cracking down lately. It sucks because the deals aren't as good and I can't get my beloved "multi-deal" deals (where I get $5 extra for each game, plus a pre-order for $30, plus buy one PO, get one 1/2 off, and so on). Those were the good ole days.

I've got 4 games waiting 2 trade at GR and gonna pick up 2 cheap game so i can use the trade 3 get one for $10 deal but they never get in the games i want.

Waiting to trade for NBA Live 2005 to keep or any $35 trade value game to trade back in at the GR up the street. I wanna try out the new Mortal Kombat also.

Also picked up a new copy of GTA for the GBA they had all of them mispriced inside the case. $22.99 instead of $29.99 so i got new cheaper than a used would've been if they'd have had a used copy.

DS this week yay!

THe Mesquite TExas Gamerush would not accept my copies of Corvette, Super Truck Racing, or Ford Racing 2 they said we cannpt accept those games. So buying this pack now may be a bad idea.

[quote name='nickg22']are u positive that the trade in 3 PO games and get 1 PO game for $10 lasts until January 10th, 2005?[/quote]

Yeah, and also the buy 2 PO get 1 free. Both won't expire until next year. Pretty cool.

[quote name='dukedynamo'][quote name='nickg22']are u positive that the trade in 3 PO games and get 1 PO game for $10 lasts until January 10th, 2005?[/quote]

Yeah, and also the buy 2 PO get 1 free. Both won't expire until next year. Pretty cool.[/quote]

BB has the right to end promos early, so dont get your hopes up.

[quote name='basketkase543']Anyone else check if their Gamerushes are gettin the Nintendo DS's early like Gamestop is saying (on 11/15 instead of 11/21)? I called mine and they had no idea what i was talking about.[/quote]

Ive heard that the DS product is street dated till 11/21

These employee's will feed you "crap" and do not not know what the hell they are talking about 99% of time. There is no "exclusion list" and read the fineprint out loud to these assholes. Formats incllude Playstation, Playstation 2...etc. There shoul be a flyer in the store about trading DVD'a back for $5.00. On the back is the deal for the trade 3 PO get 1 Po for $10. Do not let these employee's get away with not honoring these "corporate deals."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back