NEW Gamerush Deals thread - This place still rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
just picked up time crisis 3 for a buck using the trade 5, get a game for a dollar. I am now out of coupons. (at least the good ones)

I need GR to give out more coupon books like that halo 2 coupon book that shit was awesome

I was told today by two GR employees that you only need to trade in one game (PS1 should be included) to get a new game for 29.99. I will confirm later when I pick up Metroid Prime 2, they didn't have trade in forms when i went (a lot of people must be trading in).

[quote name='chair_home']I was told today by two GR employees that you only need to trade in one game (PS1 should be included) to get a new game for 29.99. I will confirm later when I pick up Metroid Prime 2, they didn't have trade in forms when i went (a lot of people must be trading in).[/quote]

Wow, nice....I'm going to trade in some games today, I will see if they have any deals. I'm using my trade 3 (thanks Walmart) get one for $20 (Halo2 coupon book)

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='Masterkyo']Trade in 1 game get $20 off on any NEW RELEASE title $39.99 & UP (Just call my local GR)

:)[/quote]

That's an amazing deal.[/quote]

Yeah, if this is true...I might HAVE to pick up Call of Duty also. I've been sitting on a few other games to trade....

I was just warned today by the cool AM at GR last night about "Flipping" games. He said they are monitoring for people trading in games for more than what they were purchased at.

I think that the way to avoid being flagged/banned would be to buy select titles from one store and sell at a different store. Dont buy/sell a game at the same store.

Need a new plan to play by the rules while maximizing my GR credit. Open to suggestions.

I had an experience at a regular BB today I will pass on. They had the trade 3 / 9.99 flyers and supposedly the deal was on there. They had one good preowned game in the whole store, Battlefronts for PS2. I traded in 3 crap games worth $1.50 each to do the 9.99 deal and they said it was valid but they didn't have the barcode so they had to do a manual discount....no problem....but then they did some bullshit...the cashier said that if the games you trade in come to less than $10 you don't get your trade-in value, all you do is get the preowned for 9.99 and the trade-in value is a wash. I don't know if this is a new thing but it sounds like bullshit to me and I've never had that happen or heard of that when doing deals at gamerush. Says nothing about it on the flyer...so I didn't really argue because I was still making out saving $35 on the game, but basically I was taken for my $4.50 plus tax trade-in value of my 3 $1.50 games. He adjusted the credit for the battlefronts so that it dropped my total to 9.99 plus tax. Has this every happened to anyone else?

I hear mention of getting tax back on top of trading credit. What states are these in... as in California, I dont get tax on top of credit... strange.

[quote name='fragmanslayer']I hear mention of getting tax back on top of trading credit. What states are these in... as in California, I dont get tax on top of credit... strange.[/quote]

do they charge you tax when you buy preowned games?

[quote name='jshorr'][quote name='fragmanslayer']I hear mention of getting tax back on top of trading credit. What states are these in... as in California, I dont get tax on top of credit... strange.[/quote]

do they charge you tax when you buy preowned games?[/quote]

Yes. A sale is a sale, and unless you live in a state where the law varies, even second-hand sales require the payment and collection of sales tax.

[quote name='jshorr'][quote name='fragmanslayer']I hear mention of getting tax back on top of trading credit. What states are these in... as in California, I dont get tax on top of credit... strange.[/quote]

do they charge you tax when you buy preowned games?[/quote]

It is a SALE...and if you state has SALES TAX....I would assume it's THE LAW....

Well, to against that whole "A sale is a sale" thing, periodicals (magazines/comics/newspapers do NOT have tax, and when you make purchases with something like the EB edge card, where it is you trade in credit on there, you will NOT get charged tax on your purchases with that card.

[quote name='Wshakspear']Well, to against that whole "A sale is a sale" thing, periodicals (magazines/comics/newspapers do NOT have tax, and when you make purchases with something like the EB edge card, where it is you trade in credit on there, you will NOT get charged tax on your purchases with that card.[/quote]

I need to go have a discussion with a couple comic book shops then :)

[quote name='Wshakspear']Well, to against that whole "A sale is a sale" thing, periodicals (magazines/comics/newspapers do NOT have tax, and when you make purchases with something like the EB edge card, where it is you trade in credit on there, you will NOT get charged tax on your purchases with that card.[/quote]

I was just gonna say that too. But as for the guy who asked....they didn't always give tax during trades, but then they started a month or two ago.

[quote name='fragmanslayer']I was just warned today by the cool AM at GR last night about "Flipping" games. He said they are monitoring for people trading in games for more than what they were purchased at.

I think that the way to avoid being flagged/banned would be to buy select titles from one store and sell at a different store. Dont buy/sell a game at the same store.

Need a new plan to play by the rules while maximizing my GR credit. Open to suggestions.[/quote]

I heard something similar to that. But I was just wondering if trading at one and selling it at a different store would work. I once did two trade 3 and get 1 POG in two different gamerushes and still got flagged. I hope buying at one and selling at another would solve this problem. I have 5 or 6 gamerushes within a 20 miles radius!

Btw, in the DFW area, I don't think they have the trade in a POG and get a new game for 29.99, the employee said this is not in their area. Hopefully, they'll have it soon.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Are BB's still having the $8 trade in value for any DVD? If so anyone know when it expires?[/quote]

It's over. The new flyer says $5.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Are BB's still having the $8 trade in value for any DVD? If so anyone know when it expires?[/quote]

The promotion for $8 trade-in is over. I heard from another forum that you can buy selected cheap DVD title at Target B&M for $1 and trade it in BB for $5. But that is an extreme YMMV.

I get charged tax (CA) regardless it it is new or used and if I pay with my credit. They do not give me tax when I sell them my games. It is weird, because they can charge me, but I dont get a refund back... one sided BS.

yesteday i went to go pick up my need for speed: undergroung 2 in. i preorder back when the trade 2 get a preorder for 29.99 was going on. then when i picked it up they said i had to pay a dollar or something. just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

Has anyone else had problems getting multiple games for $10 each after trade-ins? I tried trading in nine games to get three preowned games for $10 each, but the cashier said I could only do the deal once per day. I understand that they're trying to crack down on those who take advantage, but you could do the "trade two get a PO for $9.99" deal twice a day when GR had it, and that deal was much easier to take advantage of than this one.

[quote name='rafissaying']yesteday i went to go pick up my need for speed: undergroung 2 in. i preorder back when the trade 2 get a preorder for 29.99 was going on. then when i picked it up they said i had to pay a dollar or something. just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?[/quote]

Most likely he/she misunderstood the promo. When I preordered THUG2 on that promo, they had me pay for the entire cost of the game, minus one dollar, which would have to be paid (along with the tax for the game) upon reciept of the game... Either the intial person rang you wrong, or that person rang you wrong.

[quote name='video_gamer324']Has anyone else had problems getting multiple games for $10 each after trade-ins? I tried trading in nine games to get three preowned games for $10 each, but the cashier said I could only do the deal once per day. I understand that they're trying to crack down on those who take advantage, but you could do the "trade two get a PO for $9.99" deal twice a day when GR had it, and that deal was much easier to take advantage of than this one.[/quote]

Read the fine print of the posted signage. It specifically states that you can only trade in for one game on that promo a day.
They're competely in the right... and it makes sense. They want to make promos that draw people in, but aren't too easily exploited.
I don't mind at all, and the people in the stores don't mind seeing me every other day or so when I go in to trade 3 PS1 games for one of the newer games that they just got traded it.

It's nice to be nice to people... you catch more flies with honey and all those nice cliches.

[quote name='jshorr']I had an experience at a regular BB today I will pass on. They had the trade 3 / 9.99 flyers and supposedly the deal was on there. They had one good preowned game in the whole store, Battlefronts for PS2. I traded in 3 crap games worth $1.50 each to do the 9.99 deal and they said it was valid but they didn't have the barcode so they had to do a manual discount....no problem....but then they did some bullshit...the cashier said that if the games you trade in come to less than $10 you don't get your trade-in value, all you do is get the preowned for 9.99 and the trade-in value is a wash. I don't know if this is a new thing but it sounds like bullshit to me and I've never had that happen or heard of that when doing deals at gamerush. Says nothing about it on the flyer...so I didn't really argue because I was still making out saving $35 on the game, but basically I was taken for my $4.50 plus tax trade-in value of my 3 $1.50 games. He adjusted the credit for the battlefronts so that it dropped my total to 9.99 plus tax. Has this every happened to anyone else?[/quote]

never happened to me before, but if you consider how bad gamerushes were a few months ago with their deals, it's not surprising that a regular BB or BB employee will make up their own rules.

Wow, that didnt take long. Yesterday I had first chance i've had to visit some of the GR near me since the new deal came out.

Almost completely picked clean of any titles over $35.

I see alot of the $30 credit games on the shelf. You have better luck asking a CSR to look in the system for the game, cause they barely have room on the shelves because of all the games they cant sell. The good games are most likely in the back waiting for shelf space, or reserved for themselves.

[quote name='fragmanslayer']I see alot of the $30 credit games on the shelf. You have better luck asking a CSR to look in the system for the game, cause they barely have room on the shelves because of all the games they cant sell. The good games are most likely in the back waiting for shelf space, or reserved for themselves.[/quote]

I think half the time they don't even know what they have. I asked if they had a copy of Crimson Skies and the guy went to check the computer. About 1 minute later, he replies, "Well sorry, we don't have any copies left on the shelf." I said ok and moved on. Guess what I found not more than 4 minutes later, a copy of Crimson Skies. It sucked though because I an anal about having the manual and it didn't. I ended up not buying it. So always check, you never know.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Trade in 1 game get $20 off on any NEW RELEASE title $39.99 & UP (Just call my local GR)

I saw in the employee sales manual that this deal is going on in KS, TAM, ORL. My guess is Kansas, Tampa, Orlando. We Californians can't complain since we had that deal about a month ago.

[quote name='"billyknoxville"'][quote name='"Masterkyo"']Trade in 1 game get $20 off on any NEW RELEASE title $39.99 & UP (Just call my local GR)

I saw in the employee sales manual that this deal is going on in KS, TAM, ORL. My guess is Kansas, Tampa, Orlando. We Californians can't complain since we had that deal about a month ago.[/quote]

Yeah, but wasnt it trade in 2 games... if its only 1 game needed for the trade, this trade is way better. It costs more to get the required trade in fodder to get in on these multiple games needed for trade deals (3 for 1, 4 for 1, 5 for 1). Wish they brought back the 2 for 1 deal, or at least trade in 2 (I would do trade 3) for a preorder at $20 off.

I wonder if GR will get start to deny trade in game credit if you want to do trade X games for Y price? Kinda like EB or GS or any other resell place.

[quote name='Pope On A Rope']The GRs around here stopped the trade 3 get one for $10 yesterday (Tuesday).[/quote]

Where you at?

does anybody know when GR is going to get MGS3 in stock. I figured they would today based on that being the release date but they didn't have it!

Just depends on your store, my store got MP2 yesterday but some people said there's won't get it until Friday.

[quote name='Pope On A Rope']The GRs around here stopped the trade 3 get one for $10 yesterday (Tuesday).[/quote]

i thought someone in this post said that it wasnt going to be dead until mid or early january. what store did you go to?

[quote name='rafissaying'][quote name='Pope On A Rope']The GRs around here stopped the trade 3 get one for $10 yesterday (Tuesday).[/quote]

i thought someone in this post said that it wasnt going to be dead until mid or early january. what store did you go to?[/quote]Someone did say January but some stores might have gotten the wrong details and ended it after a week or Pope doesn't know what he's doing and could be wrong. :)

[quote name='billyknoxville'][quote name='Masterkyo']Trade in 1 game get $20 off on any NEW RELEASE title $39.99 & UP (Just call my local GR)

I saw in the employee sales manual that this deal is going on in KS, TAM, ORL. My guess is Kansas, Tampa, Orlando. We Californians can't complain since we had that deal about a month ago.[/quote]

I still get that deal, but I have a hook-up :D . The manager wants trades so badly that he will still give me that old deal. Whichever store gets the most trades in a month, get a nice bonus. At least that's what he tells me. 8)

[quote name='Nephets']Just depends on your store, my store got MP2 yesterday but some people said there's won't get it until Friday.[/quote]

yeah..that is what I am thinking.

picked up MP2 today with no issues but they said that MGS3 did not come in yet. hoping it comes tomorrow and it BETTER come in before the weekend

For MGS3, i'm not sure but the official release was on Wed 11/17, instead of the usual Tues release. The GR I go to usually dont sell games until the day after, so they should have MGS it today (Thurs).

I went to two different GR's today, and both denied my attempt to trade in three PS games for a $10 used game. They said it only applied to GBA, PS2, Xbox, and GC. What a bummer.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']I went to two different GR's today, and both denied my attempt to trade in three PS games for a $10 used game. They said it only applied to GBA, PS2, Xbox, and GC. What a bummer.[/quote]

i looked in the employees handbook and it specifically states that ps1 games are allowed. (i don't work there, but i asked an employee to show me the deal :)) either these employees are mistaken or their managers won't allow ps1 games as trade in's for this deal.

either way, it sucks you couldn't get in on this deal with your ps1 games. i know the GR on lincoln (anaheim, ca) will let you however :)

[quote name='Chris in Cali']I went to two different GR's today, and both denied my attempt to trade in three PS games for a $10 used game. They said it only applied to GBA, PS2, Xbox, and GC. What a bummer.[/quote]

next time double check to see if they have the flyers in the store...flyers clearly say PS1 is allowed.

one of the store managers said he already had a 1000 PS1 games and got permission from his district manager to quit taking them. In the terms and conditions BB reserves the right subject to their terms and conditions.....unforunately

[quote name='aarif1']For MGS3, i'm not sure but the official release was on Wed 11/17, instead of the usual Tues release. The GR I go to usually dont sell games until the day after, so they should have MGS it today (Thurs).[/quote]

I called my GR and they received MGS 3 and Call of Duty!!!
they got some other games too but all i cared about were those 2 since I got ghost Recon 2 yesterday.

I traded in 3 Playstation games - Medal of Honor ($1.50), Die Hard Trilogy ($1.50), and Monkey Hero ($1.00). I was able to pick up Burnout 3 (Xbox) for $6. I'm tempted to call Burnout 3 brand new, the instruction booklet and disc are flawless.

My brother and I also took advantage of the buy 2, get 1 sale. Picked up non-GH Metal Gear Solid (complete), Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Dreamcast version, CD only), and P.N. 03 (complete) for $17.

Okay, I went to Walmart and got two of the three PS2 games for $10 packs. I went to my local GR, here in Ventura, CA. I presented the manager with the games (the same guy that told me no PSone games), and he gave me a dirty look and said "Wow, these are real winners, did you just get them at a garage sale?" I said told him "something like that," and he proceeded to give me another dirty look.

The store was totally trashed.... there were empty boxes laying around everywhere, all the games were out of order, and one of the employees was talking very loudly about how he vomited this moring.

So I was looking for a decent game, but there was none. I had to get something so I got Need For Speed Underground. I came home, and put it in my PS2 (newest model) only to find out it doesn't work. The thing is scrathed to hell. I'm going to take it back tomorrow, but I'm not sure how they will refund me. Hopefully they'll let me get a different game.

I took the other three games to the Gamerush in Oxnard, CA..... what a difference. The employee was soooo nice. The place was stocked full of great games.... I got Halo 2 LE for $4.70-something!! So yeah, that was my day, it's amazing how much things can change from store to store.

i was at GR today and i noticed that all the Dreamcast games were 1.99 or 2.99. the games used to be priced at 6.99 and a little higher, the more expensive games such as Soul Calibur weren't there when i was at the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back