New Glasses free Sony 3D 24" & 46" TV's coming

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Well damn I guess we know the real reason why BB has been discounted the heck outta these damn things but it sucks for those who already got it...even worse for those who paid $600:bomb:. One thing is for sure, once Sony announces a release date along with prices for the new ones expect the old ones to be avail. for that magic $200 price that so many people had been asking for.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/sony-reveals-24-and-46-3d-displays-now-glasses-free

here's the thread regarding the orginal models(reviews, CAG suggestions etc)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296541

Last edited by a moderator:
So these are 1 player TVs, right? I thought glasses free means you have to be positioned in the exact right spot from the screen to see a clear image (like the 3DS). Anything else and it doesn't work.... or have they somehow engineered around this problem?

I just picked up the ps3 3d monitor and I love it. My 3ds is awesome too but there is a very big difference in the 3d effect with and without glasses. Unless they managed to make a big jump with glasses free I don't see it as being direct competition.

Also, to do glasses free 3d isn't the setup basically 2 screens layered together, I imagine that would increase the price by a lot...

[quote name='iwannadie']I just picked up the ps3 3d monitor and I love it. My 3ds is awesome too but there is a very big difference in the 3d effect with and without glasses. Unless they managed to make a big jump with glasses free I don't see it as being direct competition. [/QUOTE]Yep. Everything I've heard indicates that the 3d effect without glasses is subtle at best.

those TVs were made as demos and won't be released for a while. When they do come out I'm sure they'll be crazy expensive. Also engadget said the 3d wasn't really noticeable. I'm sure the technology will get better in time. Sharp is bringing out a 50-55 inch glasses free tv for $10,000 this year. Imagine these would be priced the same.

3D with active shutter is the best usage of 3D so far. The 3DS is cool for handhelds, but it doesn't even begin to compare with AS. Also, having to reposition constantly in front of a tv will be annoying.

bread's done
Back