New Goozex Thread v2.5 -- Promo Details Given Here

I just heard of this site and was eager to try it out until I heard about people negging on games and then having trouble getting your game back from them. Does this happen often?

Under normal circumstances if you get a neg you keep the points any ways and they keep the game. But I would rather not have the negative against me so I am offering the other person another copy if he returns it (I imagine few people would do that). I think the guy is just looking for a free game, which I dont personally think happens often. I'd sign up and try the site anyways, I'm sure you'll love it. I would appreciate if you'd use my refferal :)

My Ref Link

[quote name='magiic']Under the new system if you get a negative your account is put on probabation and you only get your points if you recieve a positive again. I don't want to risk sending out Super Paper Mario and have it get lost or the reciever be a douche and lose my points.

EDIT: Im pretty sure the guy who negged me just wanted to use that scratch as the excuse for a free game. It's been 24 hours now and I offered him the option of sending me the broken one (shouldnt cost more than $2.50) and I will go out and get him another copy so I can get the positive and this guy still hasnt responded. I hate douchbaggery like this.[/QUOTE]

if that is the case to all people (Thought that was only for new people)

After sending out these next 3 games

NBA psp
Custom robo DS
Poker PSP

I will delete everything off my trade list. With close to 14,000 pts i mostly dont have to trade stuff anymore at least for awhile LOL

[quote name='slidecage']if that is the case to all people (Thought that was only for new people)

After sending out these next 3 games

NBA psp
Custom robo DS
Poker PSP

I will delete everything off my trade list. With close to 14,000 pts i mostly dont have to trade stuff anymore at least for awhile LOL[/quote]

I am 99% positive it applies to everyone now. If you get a neg you go on probabtion until you get a positive. And new users need one or two successful trades before they immediately get their points. Im sure Goozex can clear stuff up when he is around again. Havent seen him around here lately :(

Hey everyone,
It has been a really long time since I've been here -- not enough hours in the day and I've been out of town for a few days. Let me try to give a response to some questions that may have been unanswered by others on this thread since my last post. Thanks to everyone who stepped in with great responses!

If I missed anybody please send me a PM, which is tied to my email at Goozex, and I'll try to get back ASAP.

Grave_Addiction -- [edit] send us an email from your .mil and we'll boost your account accordingly...you can send email to help @ goozex.com

Everyone -- we cannot cancel trades in the matching process -- this is due to db restrictions and controls so that the system doesn't go out of whack

XBL Games -- these games are one time trades only. You can trade the XBL code. Some people actually mail out the cards, while others PM the code. In either case, once the code has been used it cannot be traded again.

Troz1820 -- The situation with yababyman is a priority for us right now -- will follow-up with you on this.

Magiic -- you're not out the points received if you get negative feedback -- b/c we understand stuff happens. Like Mr Unoriginal noted, if anybody gets a lot of negative feedback (especially in a row) then we remove the member from Goozex.

Remember too, that all negative feedbacks can be reversed.

Slidecage -- the new points payment method is as follows:
1) if your feedback score is below 10 then you will not get points up front -- designed to remove incentive for new users to signup and commit to false trades to earn points
2) If feedback score is between 10 and 100 you receive points immediately. If you receive a negative feedback in this range then you need to get positive again to start getting points immediately.
3) If feedback score is over 100 then the seller again gets points immediately. If the seller receives Two consecutive negative feedback options then it goes into a delayed point payment method.

The most important thing to remember is that in either case, you will always receive points for the trade. And as long as you get positive feedback then you will always get your points immediately.

The new point payment method is designed to simply remove the incentive for someone to scam the system. I very much understand that there is an issue of respect for our longest and most loyal members, and we work hard to create the best trading experience available.

One note that I should have made is that the Goozex Team will never send you a PM via the Goozex system to leave positive feedback early and/or do other unusual activities.

If you are ever unsure, please email at feedback @ goozex.com

I got a trade cancellation request - the person changed their mind about the damn game that I've been waiting to get matched on. Here's the email ;

"Hello XXXXXXXXX,

The user has requested the trade for the game "NCAA March Madness 07" (platform: Xbox 360) to be canceled. You can accept of reject this cancellation request.

If you wish to accept the request and cancel the trade, you can confirm your intention by going to your My Requests page and click on the button "confirm cancel" for this game. You have time till June XX, 2007 - XX:XX:XX to accept this request.

If you do not wish to cancel the trade, just ignore the message. It will expire on June XX, 2007 - XX:XX:XX."

So I go ahead and be a nice guy - even though I really want the game, and now I have to wait 6 turns again?

I've said it before, and I think whoever is running Goozex ought to tell everyone using their service, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO TRADE YOUR DAMN GAME, THEN DON'T LIST YOUR DAMN GAME. It's that simple.

And Goozex, it really sucks to get bumped to the end of the line....again. Maybe you guys can address this.

We installed the new cancellation requests upgrades yesterday -- thus this is the first time you're seeing this.

Remember, that as either a buyer or seller, you are under no obligation to accept a trade cancellation. If you receive one without prior PMs between you and the other side, we recommend you figure out why they want to cancel.

Regardless of what happens, you have no obligation to cancel a trade.

While I try my best to be accommodating, you put your game up for trade you better be willing to trade it. Even if you just want to see if there is demand for a game there is trade statistics available. I likely wouldn't have accepted the trade cancelation, but then one of my pet peeves is people saying they are going to do something and then don't.

Goozex, I had recieved a game three weeks late so I put a negative for not receiving it before the transaction closed, then a day later I get the game, but it is in horrible condition, Do I return it to you or the seller, and can the feedback be changed to reflect that the game was in unplayable and unkeepable condition.

i put up puzzle quest DS today but forgot that i wont be buy a post office till Next weds- Friday .... Taking my Pc up to the lake this weekend ..... so i deny the request and said put me back in 3 days (since it be sunday and i will be able to get it out 3 more days ( weds-friday

so if you got matched hopefully we get matched back on sunday or monday

I recently started trading for PC games. I would like to know other people's opinions. When I select complete, I'm expecting a box, manuals/inserts, and the game. I know some games come as jewel case only, but should that be considered as complete? (Deciding on what type of feedback to leave, neutral or low positive.)

I consider it incomplete because there is no box. Just sending the manuals and the discs in a cd case really doesn't fit as complete in my opinion.

It's my understanding that Goozex's policy is complete is how the game originally shipped, so if it originally shipped in a box that's the complete version. If it's later released as a jewel case game, then thats disk only. There's a few games (becoming more common) that ship right away without a box or manual but it's the general consensus that that's the exception and not the rule.

I think a good feature for goozex would be when you are matched and dont have enough credits or points you are given a 12 hour window to obtain those points or credits. That would allow people to see they got matched and be able to add the points to get the game. Im sure this would make you a lot of additional money in people just buying some points to get a game they have been matched for, or credits.

[quote name='magiic']I think a good feature for goozex would be when you are matched and dont have enough credits or points you are given a 12 hour window to obtain those points or credits. That would allow people to see they got matched and be able to add the points to get the game. Im sure this would make you a lot of additional money in people just buying some points to get a game they have been matched for, or credits.[/QUOTE]

I dont think this would work. Take a game where there are 30 people waiting on it.

If no1 buys pts or credits it would be 360 hours till the game would match. What would mean the seller would have to wait 15 days before they got confirmed

I doubt many people will wait 15 days to trade off a game. People complain now that it takes a few hours to match, make it longer and people will leave

Now one way to get threw this would be From the time someone post a game Till it matches Make it like 3 hours . A massive email will be sent to everyone who has requested the game saying the game is avaiable

I know many people dont check email every hour (and some emails just suck and they take hours to get )

But this could be a way to tell people to run out and buy pts without making the seller wait 15 days to match

I got matched with a "buyer" for a PS2 game. The user has 0 games sent, 13 received, no positive, neutral or negative feedback, but has a feedback score of 50. How is that possible? If he was buying points - I could see the no feedback but why would he have a score? Maybe a goozex employee but he's only a member since May 2007...

[quote name='cheapfrag']I got matched with a "buyer" for a PS2 game. The user has 0 games sent, 13 received, no positive, neutral or negative feedback, but has a feedback score of 50. How is that possible? If he was buying points - I could see the no feedback but why would he have a score? Maybe a goozex employee but he's only a member since May 2007...[/QUOTE]

Maybe you get points for leaving feedback? no idea

I just mailed out my first game yesterday to a requester. I hope it goes well. The guy had 20 sent, 17 received, and all positive feedback except for 3 neutrals.

My id is Meadow.

I also made a group but did it with Myspace so if you could, please sign up and help out.

http://groups.myspace.com/Goozex

I sent Ape Escape out to a person who requested it over a week ago. granted I was late sending it out, but I had PM'd the person and we talked it out. I check my email and the user said he hasn't recieved the game yet, and now my account is disabled. Any way to fix this?

i just laughed...some guy didn't send me a game in 15+ days and didn't respond to my message so i left him neg and he finally responds with:

"okay $$$$$$. obviously i don't give a shit about negative feedback on this website otherwise i would've sent you the game. catch a fuckin clue, you're not getting it."

I

I have been having a problem with goozex's support. I mailed them twice without any response, I tried pm'ing goozex here with no response Either. Either way I've had a great goozex experience as long as it's between me and a trader. Except for one case but the person isn't responding and neither is goozex so I wonder if they even care.

[quote name='magiic']I think a good feature for goozex would be when you are matched and dont have enough credits or points you are given a 12 hour window to obtain those points or credits. That would allow people to see they got matched and be able to add the points to get the game. Im sure this would make you a lot of additional money in people just buying some points to get a game they have been matched for, or credits.[/quote]

I think this is a great idea. One day I decided to leave someone a 50-pt tip and then a couple hours later, lo and behold, i get an email saying i didn't get matched for Okami because I was 50 points short. It's been like 2 months since then and i haven't gotten another chance :( a chance to buy those points or add a game that was otherwise unavailable would've been great.

Wow got phone call from cousin saying i got a package in the mail

FUTURERAMA for the ps2 (or whatever its called)

hopefully it works hell the game goes for around 40 on ebay and only cost 100 pts Woo

been looking for it forawhile

[quote name='slidecage']Wow got phone call from cousin saying i got a package in the mail

FUTURERAMA for the ps2 (or whatever its called)

hopefully it works hell the game goes for around 40 on ebay and only cost 100 pts Woo

been looking for it forawhile[/quote]

Futurama, yeah.

Worth a lot but the game's so-so. I have two copies - a complete mint copy I got in an irrefusable trade and a second I'm holding on that's mint disc + manual I found at FYE for $10.

Still, worth a whole lot. Complete PS2 copies run the gumut of $30 - $80 on eBay.

i got to try it out later tonight. Just got home. I might AND big might toss it up on ebay. If i could get a pretty penny for it i would take that cash and go otu and buy some cheap games and toss them back on goozex. Again doubtful cause i would love to keep it in my collection. BUT if it went for 60 i could spare it LOL THen again i probally never find another copy Just like harvest moon Super nintendo,,, Im still kicking myself for selling that

So I got matched up for a game. Sender never responded to my PMs and its been over a week and still no game. Sender has 4 positives and 4 negatives. So how to I make a complaint and to where?

[quote name='iazybandit']So I got matched up for a game. Sender never responded to my PMs and its been over a week and still no game. Sender has 4 positives and 4 negatives. So how to I make a complaint and to where?[/QUOTE]

You wait more than a week. If you don't get it after 3 weeks then you could leave negative feedback and get your points back.

magiic: I matched with you for WarioWare. I'll be getting it in the mail in the morning. I'm going to toss in a couple of extras so as to assure you that not all of us Arrogant Americans are out to screw teh canadian traders. My first trade to Canada what an exciting time.

Magiic, you are getting a lot of stuff from CAGs lately. I got matched with you for Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime. I had a bad experience sending something to Canada, but because it's you, I'll give it another go.

I'm getting so pissed of with waiting weeks to get to #1 for Age of Empires III and then when the seller doesn't respond to the trade or says no, I get kicked to the bottom of the damn list and I have to wait again. I am so pissed of with that shit I almost am thinking of giving up using the service.

Why should I be moved to the bottom when it is the seller's decision. Why should I have to wait all that time again?

The damn system is broken. If the seller says no or doesn't respond, he should be moved to the bottom of the list and the next seller should be brought up. It shouldn't be that damn hard to get a match for the damn disk.

First canadian trade is off and away. Had to go to the post and get some lil customs slips all I had were biggins ones. Enjoy my northern gaming brethren.

Hi,

Your games were sent and in perfect condition and protected. I was wanting to know if you would be kind enough to report the feedback on mario golf before you get it so I can sell another game. I fyou get the game and it is not good I will have goozex take the points from the game and give them to you. So in short can you finish the trade on your end and have my trust to do so, so I can send another game.

Please trust me and if the game is bad then I will have goozex give 250 points from mario golf from my profile to yours.

bmoreOs

I just got that from a user who has 3 games sent a 3 games recieved with a feedback score of 30. He mailed me Mario Golf for GCN but forgot to include the disk for it so I just have the case (which arrived today). Should I leave him feedback or wait until everything arrives in a week and a bit as he mailed out Super Smash Bros five or six days late.

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']I'm getting so pissed of with waiting weeks to get to #1 for Age of Empires III and then when the seller doesn't respond to the trade or says no, I get kicked to the bottom of the damn list and I have to wait again. I am so pissed of with that shit I almost am thinking of giving up using the service.

Why should I be moved to the bottom when it is the seller's decision. Why should I have to wait all that time again?

The damn system is broken. If the seller says no or doesn't respond, he should be moved to the bottom of the list and the next seller should be brought up. It shouldn't be that damn hard to get a match for the damn disk.[/QUOTE]

I have an Age of Empires III that I would be happy to trade. I had not thought to list it though. If Goozex can give me the points, I am happy to send it. It may still be sealed... but I can't remember.

Username is: simpsonps121

thanks,
matthew

Well for some reason I moved to the bottom of the list for a day or so and then got moved to the top and finally got a trade accepted. Thanks anyways though.

I am curious on Goozex, why do xbox 360 live arcade code cards (which allow you to download the game) trade for more money than the games do on the arcade itself?

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']Well for some reason I moved to the bottom of the list for a day or so and then got moved to the top and finally got a trade accepted. Thanks anyways though.

I am curious on Goozex, why do xbox 360 live arcade code cards (which allow you to download the game) trade for more money than the games do on the arcade itself?[/QUOTE]

It is based on supply and demand...and even though it is easy to calculate "how much" Goozex points are valued at in the real world...to some people, spending more Goozex points is easier than spending real world dollars.

I got my goozex shirt today woohoo
DSC08722.jpg

Same trader sent a nice copy of warioware to me with case and manual but not disc. He responded to my emails and sent the disc out so you might want to pm and see what is going in. I just need to find time to try the disc so I can leave feedback. Guess he left the discs in some kind of portable holder and didnt remember to pull them out
[quote name='magiic']Hi,

Your games were sent and in perfect condition and protected. I was wanting to know if you would be kind enough to report the feedback on mario golf before you get it so I can sell another game. I fyou get the game and it is not good I will have goozex take the points from the game and give them to you. So in short can you finish the trade on your end and have my trust to do so, so I can send another game.

Please trust me and if the game is bad then I will have goozex give 250 points from mario golf from my profile to yours.

bmoreOs

I just got that from a user who has 3 games sent a 3 games recieved with a feedback score of 30. He mailed me Mario Golf for GCN but forgot to include the disk for it so I just have the case (which arrived today). Should I leave him feedback or wait until everything arrives in a week and a bit as he mailed out Super Smash Bros five or six days late.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kklems']Same trader sent a nice copy of warioware to me with case and manual but not disc. He responded to my emails and sent the disc out so you might want to pm and see what is going in. I just need to find time to try the disc so I can leave feedback. Guess he left the discs in some kind of portable holder and didnt remember to pull them out[/quote]

Glad to hear you got the disk in the end. Seems like this guy needs to work on getting his shit together. Most people do not enjoy mistakes like that. Im pretty choked he not only mailed out one of my games late he also forgot the disk for the first one.

[quote name='magiic']I got my goozex shirt today woohoo
DSC08722.jpg
[/QUOTE]

magiic...that isn't your man-purse on the counter, is it? If so, Canadians have a weird fashion sense, but I love the Maple-leafed Goozex monster.

one thing i would like to see added is an ALL button

This way you can move all your items to hold instead of doing them one by one by one. when you have lot of items listed to sell its a pain in the butt to keep moving them from active to hold.

or some type of button that allows you to put your trades on hold but still allows you to get items (though guess hold would do this LOL)

just got matched today for 2 more games

burnout legends PSP (got to see if brother will give it back )
kingdom hearts 2 ps 2

after this i will have close to 15,000 pts OUCH

wow slide... wish i had that many points.... it seems once a month someone wants one of my old comp games. so I finally got enough points to get 2 xbox 360 gams(PGR3 and Perfect Dark CE).

Here's a tip. DON'T SEND SCRATCHED GAMES. Either that or take care of them. I have received two scratched games for ps2, neither of which I can test for a large duration of time because I'm still playing their prequels (ratched and clank: Going commando and jak III). There really should be some standards set with what kind of games are sent. Either that or people need to look at the damned things before they send them out (let alone add them to their library list). I have quite a few xbox 1 games, none of which have scratches like the ones I'm getting. This is ridiculous.

bread's done
Back