New Graphic Card

Undertaker415

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (82%)
I currently have a nvidia Geforce GTX 570 with 1.25 GB VRAM and am looking to upgrade for current-gen games coming out soon like Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, Cyberpunk 2077, Dragon Age II, Far Cry 4, and Shadow of Mordor. I was looking at the GTX 770 with 2 GB VRAM. The cheapest I have seen it is on tigerdirect for $299.99 plus $15 off coupon. I was just looking for some feedback before I pull the trigger. Should I get this now or wait? Will this graphic card be able to handle the games above at 1080p with close to 60fps? Will I be able to get a better graphics card around black friday for close to the same price?

My Current Build:

- Asus P8Z86-V Pro/GEN 3 Motherboard

- Intel 2nd gen Core i7 2600k cpu

- Corsair Vengence 16GB (4 x 4GB) RAM

- Seagate 2TB SSHD (hybrid)

- NZXT Phantom Case 

I think I am ok on the rest gaming wise.

Who knows if it will run unreleased games like far cry 4 above 60 FPS at 1080p?  Nobody here can tell you that.  I'd guess it could on low or medium settings, if you are expecting it to run at 60 FPS on extreme settings I would say no, but its just a guess since we cant benchmark a unreleased game...

based on this i would say no since its running far cry 3 at 60 FPS at 1900 x 1200

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_770_review,9.html

You might want to hold on or go with a 780!

CPU limitation might be an issue with a 2600 if you upgrade your video card to a 7-series nVidia card.   Would be worth waiting out for some reviews to see if CPU limitation becomes an issue.

bread's done
Back