New GS/EB email with 100+ game drops

pun123

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rkrocks123']I can't believe nobody's mentioned that both Fallout 3 expansion discs are $10 each...[/QUOTE]

Not bad, thanks for pointing that out.

I just hate that GotY edition. They release all of the DLC, then fuck everyone over who bought them seperately. But whatever, whole other story...And I'm so glad I don't fall for that bullshit.

[quote name='viksmart']
Oh I almost forgot .... don't forget to pick up a Copy of Valkryia Chronicles!! Take it from a cheap ass gamer that at this price you'd be getting a steal and still be able to support Sega in producing awesome games like this one!!![/QUOTE]

Love to, and bought it.. Now if fucking sega would just release VC 2 for ps3 instead of just psp :censored:

looks like a consolidated list of all the systems price drop pages they do every week. If you were a good CAG, you'd just check those every Friday when the ad gets posted :)

Sons of bitches, inFamous was already 39.99/32.99 and they put it on this price drop list like it went down again when it's the same as it was. :whistle2:(

[quote name='casteor']not interested[/quote]

[quote name='casteor']only thing i see appealing for online is valkyria chronicles and dw6 empires ps3[/quote]

epic fail

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Haha, no.

Only the oldest 80GB and the 60GB are backwards compatible. I think the MGS one also.[/QUOTE]

No, the 20 gig and 60 gig PS3 skus have full backwards compatibility. The original 80 gig sku had backwards compatibility through emulation. So while the vast majority of PS2 games will work on the original 80 sku, a handful will not.

After the original 80 gig, B/C was dropped altogether.

This e-mail is not a list of new deals. Most of these prices have been at this level for at least a few weeks, some much longer. This is just an attempt to hype one last round of pre-Christmas buying. I'm not saying it's not good to make people aware, but this isn't a deal.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Haha, no.

Only the oldest 80GB and the 60GB are backwards compatible. I think the MGS one also.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, PS3 has backwards compat except for slim

[quote name='Casteor']Like I said, PS3 has backwards compat except for slim[/QUOTE]

Not every PS3 before the slim has PS2 BC though. My 40 gb had PS1 BC, as does every PS3, but that doesn't help those of us still wanting to replay old PS2 games.:razz:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Not every PS3 before the slim has PS2 BC though. My 40 gb had PS1 BC, as does every PS3, but that doesn't help those of us still wanting to replay old PS2 games.:razz:[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about in general

[quote name='Casteor']I'm talking about in general[/QUOTE]

Well yeah, in general the PS3's ALL are BC if you look at it from that perspective, but the PS2 BC is what matters to many and why so many bought the first gen 20/60 gb models at a premium.

But I'm just a true cheapass and I didn't think the PS3 was worth $600 just for that extra capability. Besides which, outside of the GTA and God Of War series on PS2, there's very few titles I'd really want to play again and one has already been released in a compilation.:)

[quote name='Casteor']Like I said, PS3 has backwards compat except for slim[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Casteor']I'm talking about in general[/QUOTE]

In general, your Twitter-like posts are useless if you omit extremely relevant facts.

But I'm sure you'll say your one-sentence ramblings are OK because you didn't use periods.

[quote name='bigloser']No, the 20 gig and 60 gig PS3 skus have full backwards compatibility. The original 80 gig sku had backwards compatibility through emulation. So while the vast majority of PS2 games will work on the original 80 sku, a handful will not.

After the original 80 gig, B/C was dropped altogether.[/QUOTE]

The original 4 usb port 80gb PS3 did not play PS2 games via complete emulation. It was in fact partially supported by hardware (GS).

No.

[quote name='SSJGodzilla']Wow. Fairytale Fights dropped hella quick.[/QUOTE]

Its at my best buy for 19.99 right now

Back to the topic at hand, I'm thinking about picking up Alone in the Dark: Inferno for PS3. The reviews don't seem too bad, and for $10 "new" I think it might be worth it.

[quote name='thehoweller']Not bad, thanks for pointing that out.

I just hate that GotY edition. They release all of the DLC, then fuck everyone over who bought them seperately. But whatever, whole other story...And I'm so glad I don't fall for that bullshit.[/QUOTE]
GotY editions are becoming standard these days. That's why I rarely ever buy anything on release, or even any DLC until I'm positive there won't be a GotY edition.

Seriously, I thought you people learned long ago from Street Fighter. :whistle2:k

[quote name='bojay1997']This e-mail is not a list of new deals. Most of these prices have been at this level for at least a few weeks, some much longer. This is just an attempt to hype one last round of pre-Christmas buying. I'm not saying it's not good to make people aware, but this isn't a deal.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much what I said earlier. This really isn't a deal of any kind. It's just the regular price drop page being advertised.

Half the drops are horrible, like Dragon Quest V for $28. That game came out at the beginning of this year and it's STILL not under $25. Chrono Trigger came out a couple of months before that and is currently sitting at $20 new.

bread's done
Back