New GZ Unlocked Coupons coming in the Mail (Expires March)

sylveranking

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Just received in the mail the new gamer unlocked coupons for the next couple of months. These expire march 3rd. They include the following (basically identical to the ones that expired 3 days ago):

B2G1F for New Games (up to 39.99)
B2G1F for Used Games
50% of any Gaming Strategy Guide
10% of Digital Gaming Purchase up to 14.99.

xeeukk.jpg

Sorry for the crappy quality, took a picture with an ipod touch.

In the upcoming weeks we will see if they are glitched like the last batch (last game always free as long as it is under 39.99).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! Call me excite. And now everyone who wants to be unlocked pretty much is, so hopefully everyone will now have their coupons on time.

Keep in mind that I signed up only a month ago. I failed to receive the ones that expired in december, but these came pretty quickly. Hopefully this means they got their act together in terms of mailing the magazine/coupons (I received the magazine for Jan/Feb 3 days ago).

Edit: made a mistake on the expiration date, it is actually 3/3/2012

Nice...hopefully all legit Unlocked members will actually receive these before their expiration date, this time around.

[quote name='sylveranking']Keep in mind that I signed up only a month ago. I failed to receive the ones that expired in december, but these came pretty quickly. Hopefully this means they got their act together in terms of mailing the magazine/coupons (I received the magazine for Jan/Feb 3 days ago).[/QUOTE]

My guess is this is his welcome kit...

[quote name='WV Matsui']My guess is this is his welcome kit...[/QUOTE]

That could be it. If anyone who is a much older member receives these (preferably one that already received the last batch), please let me know.

[quote name='stoned99']just got my kit 3/4 days ago, opened it today and noticed the coupons had already expired.[/QUOTE]

That stinks. I'd send some feedback to BB.

Hey op did you get both sets of coupons or just this one? Was woundering if u just get these one time after you sign up or if you get both thanks

Is the UPC the same as the old one? That means the SKU is the same.

Everything seems to be the same... heh.

I never did receive the coupons from last set. I signed up for unlock the day it came out heh, makes me sad. Hopefully they get their crap together and I get these ones.

[quote name='skin21rip']Hey op did you get both sets of coupons or just this one? Was woundering if u just get these one time after you sign up or if you get both thanks[/QUOTE]
Wondering the same thing.

As mentioned earlier, I did not receive the last set of codes. This may or may not be the welcome package, but if so, at least the people who missed out on the first batch will get a chance to receive them (although the last batch did come around BF sales, but who knows if maybe better ones come around this time).

For some perspective on those of you who signed up recently:

I signed up in-store on 11/23/11 and got my first @Gamer issue today along with these coupons in a separate mailer. I never received the other set of coupons.

I got the old welcome packet coupons about 2 weeks before Black Friday and ended up using the B2G1 on new games ON Black Friday(3 $29.99-$34.99 games for $60-ish total FTW;)). I just used the B2G1 on pre-owned games a day after it expired(oops). But since they've had that 'buy 2 or more get 20% off' on pre-owned games that promo overrode the coupon and I basically wasted it anyway.:roll:

Oh well. Hopefully the B2G2 that's supposed to happen NEXT week will glitch like crazy and make the two free games be able to be ANY price like the prior glitches.;)

How does one go about getting these. I've signed up for this bullshit way back in the fall and didnt get the first pack nor this second pack which is a pile of garbage. I'm just gonna search for scans somewhere

Here is some further perspective.

I signed up on August 31, 2011. I got my welcome packet with coupons last week. Scored MW3 with other sale games. I had less than a week to use my coupons.

Not gonna lie, but I'd love a new set. Highly doubt it, but hope you guys don't have to wait as long as I did.

Any confirmation on if these are duplicates of the prior coupons? Since they seem to be the same deals I have a feeling they could have the same UPC and SKU.

Could someone please post the UPC or the back of the coupons? I haven't received mine yet.

cant wait until i can get my hands on these again. missed the chance to use the 50% off stratgey guide one and that Skyrim CE is calling me.

Uh, hope I get them. Haven't gotten any separate coupons outside the first magazine I received a week ago.

[quote name='lwhitit']hopefully i get mine soon. I signed up on 11/26. I got my first mag but no sign of any coupons.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully you get the welcome packet coupons. I signed up in sept. and I have been getting mags but none of the welcome packet coupons. All this time and I now realize after trying to buy pre-owned games that my gamers unlocked doesn't process as the paid subscription. I recently contacted a moderator on BBY Unboxed forums to get it all sorted out.

[quote name='Romeo']The new coupons must be the same as the old. I used my old one today and it worked, no issues at all.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up.

Hey guys/gals! :) I am signed up to Best Buy's program for gamers, which includes the @Gamer Magazine. I get the @Gamer Mag and inside are the coupons. However, I have never received these type of coupons as mentioned by the OP. Can anyone fill me in what I am missing (or if I am missing something)?

Thanks for your help! If possible, could someone be kind enough to PM me. I'd be quite grateful for any assistance.

Have a good one fellow CAG-ers! :)

[quote name='KnightRobby']Hey guys/gals! :) I am signed up to Best Buy's program for gamers, which includes the @Gamer Magazine. I get the @Gamer Mag and inside are the coupons. However, I have never received these type of coupons as mentioned by the OP. Can anyone fill me in what I am missing (or if I am missing something)?

Thanks for your help! If possible, could someone be kind enough to PM me. I'd be quite grateful for any assistance.

Have a good one fellow CAG-ers! :)[/QUOTE]

These coupons are mailed to members in their own envelope. They do not come with a magazine.

[quote name='DrAndonuts']Anyone want to scan this? I was able to get a scan last time around, since I didn't receive my coupons from Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

If you still have your old ones these new ones are the same.

Turns out I was lucky this time as I actually received these yesterday. Sweet. Still haven't received a magazine, but I can live with that.

[quote name='Romeo']The new coupons must be the same as the old. I used my old one today and it worked, no issues at all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the new coupon has the same sku I can confirm. You just need an employee to be ok with scanning the coupon anyway since the expiration date is pretty clear it expired last year.

I just received a packet in the mail on Friday but the coupons say valid from 9/12/11-12/31/11. what the hell? i've been a gamer club unlocked member since october.

Also, are coupons like the one in the op in-store only or can you use them online?

I can certainly scan these and post them here, but is that an okay thing to do? I don't wanna be the source of any shady business like coupon abusers.

I believe that they can only be used once per GCU account, so that should prevent people from abusing them.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Twilight Sparkle']I can certainly scan these and post them here, but is that an okay thing to do? I don't wanna be the source of any shady business like coupon abusers.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DrAndonuts']I believe that they can only be used once per GCU account, so that should prevent people from abusing them.[/QUOTE]

Coupons are multi use and don't think they are tied to any account. Posting scans of the back of the coupon is probably not a good idea as they will be used/abused. Just help out fellow CAGs if they request. If you post a scan, chances are it will be copied to SD and then the coupons will probably be invalidated by best buy.

[quote name='PatelKing']Posting scans of the back of the coupon is probably not a good idea as they will be used/abused. Just help out fellow CAGs if they request. If you post a scan, chances are it will be copied to SD and then the coupons will probably be invalidated by best buy.[/QUOTE]
I completely agree, don't post a scan of it. There is no if about it, someone will post the coupons on SD where it will be abused.

[quote name='Techsticles']I completely agree, don't post a scan of it. There is no if about it, someone will post the coupons on SD where it will be abused.[/QUOTE]

Only on SD. lol.

If I remember correctly CAG is very against hosting scans.

Thanks for the guidelines and advice, everyone. I replied to the PMs I was sent, but I can't see any sort of confirmation in my "Sent Items" folder (maybe I'm looking in the wrong place). If you didn't get the message, please PM me again with an email or something. If you did get it, well, great!

I never used any of the last set of coupons. By the time there were 3 games I wanted below $40, it was the week of B2G1 on all games. So, I saved the coupon just in case.

bread's done
Back