New Hampshire thread

360CoreGaMer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Hey,

I know there has to be some people from NH on this board, where are some good places to check out for video games?

a great place to find some retro gaming systems, but not for prices is a little place called Game Spin located in somersworth NH.

Went to the Circuit City in Manchester, NH

Deals I can remember: 25% off All DVDs/CDs/Video Games (meaning absolute rip on DVDs, decent deals on games), 20% off Hard Drives, 10% off Computers

Picked up No More Heroes for $15 and a Rammstein CD for $11

[quote name='Ahadi']You don't have to come off sounding rude. It's just that when deals say YMMV, what it means is "everywhere but NH" :lol: We do get the raw end of the deals up here... and if you find a deal, in my experience, it's a one shot mistake/happening.

Either way, welcome to the NH thread :D Happy hunting ;)[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean to sound rude at all, I was seriously confused by his statement that he made. Oh well not a big deal I was just curious. I apologize for coming off rude. Thanks.

I mean that New Hampshire is so varied that reporting a deal is kinda useless because it's usually extremely YMMV. For instance, you guys could say "Oh, blah blah is $blah at Newbury Comics in Manchester", but three hours north where I live, Newbury Comics is nonexistant and the only major things are a Wal Mart and just recently a Gamestop.

[quote name='Joe Sparxxx']I didn't mean to sound rude at all, I was seriously confused by his statement that he made. Oh well not a big deal I was just curious. I apologize for coming off rude. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It's all good, welcome to the thread :D I'm sorry if I came off overly defensive...

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan'] I mean that New Hampshire is so varied that reporting a deal is kinda useless because it's usually extremely YMMV. For instance, you guys could say "Oh, blah blah is $blah at Newbury Comics in Manchester", but three hours north where I live, Newbury Comics is nonexistant and the only major things are a Wal Mart and just recently a Gamestop.[/quote]

This is the truest statement about NH deals ever.

And do you guys know of any stores aside from the ones in Concord and Somersworth that sell Warhammer kits?

ok I understand what you mean now bostoncollegefan. I never thought of it that way. Maybe a southern nh thread would be a good idea for cags in my area? Could I start a new thread? I ask because I'm new to the whole forum thing. Thanks in advance.

Anybody find anything good at Circuit City? I went to the Portsmouth one yesterday and came back emptyhanded. They did have a bunch of GTA IV and Fallout 3 CEs. The Fallouts were all for PS3, though. Their Wii stock was pretty much annihilated. Tons and tons of Guitar Hero World Tours and Aerosmith. A couple Rock Band 1s and some RB2 guitars. Anybody been to any of the other ones lately? I'd really like to get my hands on a copy of Left 4 Dead for the 360 cheap, but don't see it happening. I'm going to be in Manchester later this week so maybe I'll swing by there if they've got anything good.

40% on games and DVDs and most other stuff I believe. i think it was only about 30% on the GH bundles.

[quote name='epb']40% on games and DVDs and most other stuff I believe. i think it was only about 30% on the GH bundles.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow. Did they have a lot of PSP stuff left? I might have to go check things out anyway...

And if anyone is interested, there's a Guitar Hero 3 bundle for 360 at Radioshack in Plymouth for $33.xx

I went to the CC in Salem nh and videogames were 40% along with accessories. They had alot left for xbox 360 games but not alot for wii or ps3. Furniture was 50% off, there also. Has anybody seen a brown leather power recliner at any cc's because I would love to find one in good shape! Thanks. Oh and I picked up rock revolution for the 360 at the Salem nh target for 9.98 and I believe there were more left.

[quote name='Ahadi']Oh wow. Did they have a lot of PSP stuff left? I might have to go check things out anyway...[/quote]

Sorry, not a PSPer so didn't even check.

I checked out Keene, Merrimack, and Nashua yesterday. Nothing much left at any of them for any systems.

[quote name='micro44']I checked out Keene, Merrimack, and Nashua yesterday. Nothing much left at any of them for any systems.[/quote]

Shit. I finally had a chance to check Merrimack today, too :bomb:

Went to Nashua and Merrimack as well. Nashua was like a garage sale, and Merrimack had a few stragglers in the game section, most notably a single copy of Unreal Tournament 3 and quite a few copies of Silent Hill: Homecoming, which I almost got because, hey, it's only $30 bucks.

Glad I opted not to get it. If I had I wouldn't have had the cash for the Saint's Row 2 deal on the home page, which I've been wanting for a while...

Went to the Manchester Circuit City, it was virtually wiped out. Almost no good dvds (or at least stuff that was overpriced even at 50% off), and the only cd of intrest was The Dethalbum by dethklok lol

Greetings, I'm from Manchester NH. Got some good deals on games from Target & Sears clearances. Anyone find a new copy of Heavenly Sword cheap anywhere? Been dying to get my hands on that game for quite awhile now but can't find it cheap anywhere.

There's a game store called "Oh what a Knight" in Belmont on route 3 near the belknap mall. Its in the same building the Vineyards restaurant is.

I've never been in it but I hear it sells tabletop stuff and probably card games.

Just take exit 20 off of 90. Maybe i should stop in it sometime.

Just spent the weekend on Lake Winnapesaukee (sp?) Not sure if you guys are familiar with it but to my understanding its pretty popular? My dad's GFs ancestors bought this huge property up there and it's been passed down from generation to generation.

First NH experience, it's a nice state. Only complaint was the terrible weather we got this weekend. Didn't leave much time for swimming / boating, but still managed to have a good time.

Didn't get a chance to check out any blockbusters unfortunatley. Would have liked to have gotten in on the Fight Night deal at EB, but theres still time to make something happen.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Just spent the weekend on Lake Winnapesaukee (sp?) Not sure if you guys are familiar with it but to my understanding its pretty popular? My dad's GFs ancestors bought this huge property up there and it's been passed down from generation to generation.

First NH experience, it's a nice state. Only complaint was the terrible weather we got this weekend. Didn't leave much time for swimming / boating, but still managed to have a good time.

Didn't get a chance to check out any blockbusters unfortunatley. Would have liked to have gotten in on the Fight Night deal at EB, but theres still time to make something happen.[/QUOTE]

Ya it's been raining for almost 3 straight weeks

The Toys R Us in Portsmouth NH had a few interesting deals on clearance, the only thing I bit on, was a Zelda phantom hourglass start up kit for the DS Lite for about 12.00 considering what came with it, I thought it was a decent deal.

Went on major trek today to the following on a PS3 clearance hunt and was mostly disappointed:

Bedford
Wal-mart-nothing
Target-nothing

Hooksett
Goodwill- Had a N64 with no hookups or controller for 6.99(no thanks) and a copy of neverwinter nights but it was 19.99 which didn't really do it for me.
Wal-mart- nothing

Manchester
Toys R Us- nothing
Best Buy- I had a little luck here. The Saints Row collectors edition was marked at 35.99 on the shelf but at the manager's promotional area(the big display near the "Game Center") the price was listed as 25 bucks. So I asked whether they would honor the 25.00 price and they said yes. So the game center guy goes to ring me out and the computer in the middle of the store is rebooting so he brings me up to the front and let's a clerk check me out. She rings it up and I notice it's 35.00. So I tell her they said they would honor the 25.00 price. The manager type guy up front calls back to confirm and they end up giving me 50% off 35 instead so I got it for 17. I can't vouch for stock but I only bought one.
Wal-mart-Nothing
Sam's Club- I went on Wednesday and they had PSN game cards for 46.77 for 50 dollar cards. Seems pretty weak to me but I don't regularly find them anything but 50 in a retail setting.
Sears - They had Dragonball Z Burst Limit for 10 bucks and Viking Battle for Asgard for 14.99 I didn't get either.

Concord
Sam's Club- They have Fallout 3 marked down to 18.81 for PS3 but I didn't bite. I have it for PC and still didn't feel urgency to pick it up for PS3. I would recommend calling in for stock if you wish to bite though because the last 2 clearance games I brought up to the register were out.(They have cardboard cutouts you bring up to get the real games.

That's about all. Probably won't see too much of anything good for a while now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing great in my travels today. Someone cleaned out the Fallout 3s at Sam's Club so either they never had any stock left to begin with or maybe the price dropped.

[quote name='casperinian']Went on major trek today to the following on a PS3 clearance hunt and was mostly disappointed:
Target - Cleaned out the endwar bundles as they finally hit 22.XX( I don't know if I can advertise anything in a regional sense but if anyone wants to buy in person I would part with them for $33 each which will allow me to about break even(the equivalent of me getting a free copy myself and maybe like 8 dollars profit) PM if interested.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just me but its pretty fuck'd up that you admitted to hoarding and then trying to make a profit off fellow cags by doing so. I'd personally rather trade with some other decent cag in the Target clearance trading thread to get one without someone looking to profit off it.
icon13.gif

[quote name='blissskr']Maybe it's just me but its pretty fuck'd up that you admitted to hoarding and then trying to make a profit off fellow cags by doing so. I'd personally rather trade with some other decent cag in the Target clearance trading thread to get one without someone looking to profit off it.
icon13.gif
[/QUOTE]

Admittedly it was a mistake on my part to both hoard and to attempt to sell for profit. I'll remove the information and attempt to do trading as you suggested as to not have a negative impact on my reputation nor towards the community, especially NH.

Never noticed this thread before, but I live in the Concord area. Have not seen any great deals on games, but last I saw the Salvation Army in Concord had a shield replica of a shield Link has in Zelda.

swench-zelda-shield.jpg

Not the actual shield, but same design. If anyone is interested go to the Salvation Army in Concord and when you enter the store it's in one of the rooms to the left once you enter the store. I haven't gone in there in a month, so it might be gone, but I believe I saw the price for $30.

The room to the left has all the video games and video game systems, so there might be something new.

I'm currently up at school in Plymouth, and the nearest GS is in Gilford, which is a 35-40 minute drive.

Anyone know anywhere else to get some cheap games/trade in stuff? Same with DVDs?

I know Concord has just about everything, near Loudon, but its also about 40-45 minutes away.

The closest thing to here is a lame Wal Mart that advertises midnight releases, then is closed when I go to pick stuff up.

This thread needs some love

Black Friday shopping should be interesting in Manchester. With Circuit City gone everyone is just going to go to the Mall of New Hampshire in droves at 2AM.

bread's done
Back