New Hard Drive Problems

aspen1284

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I got one of the cheap hard drives from GS a while back when they had the half off sale and just got around to trying to set it up with my 360. Well, I ran into a weird problem and was hoping someone here could help me out cause I cant find any answers anywhere! When I go to install the drive and format it for my console, it says the drive only has 17.9GB (I think this was the right number) available space when the drive is a 60GB... Im using the Microsoft data transfer kit, and if I hook the drive up through my computer it shows that it is in fact 60GB (and has no data of any sort on it). Any suggestions?

[quote name='aspen1284']Sounds like my exact problem, but as far as I know the data transfer cable I have is legit Microsoft stuff. Of course I did get it off eBay, so who knows I guess! Crap... I really dont want to be out $20 just to get a cable to transfer data, thats insane...[/QUOTE]Go to Gamestop, buy it, use it, take it back. Just don't tear up the box. Numerous people have done this including myself :)

[quote name='krashhole']Go to Gamestop, buy it, use it, take it back. Just don't tear up the box. Numerous people have done this including myself :)[/QUOTE]

You sir, are a (cheap ass) genious! Thanks!

What the hell?!?!? I finally got all my content transferred to my new hard drive, and now when I plug up the new drive to my Xbox, it doesnt work! My Xbox doesnt see that there is a storage device connected at all. Why is this such a pain in my ass? Any tips guys, or am I just a total moron thats missing something here?

bread's done
Back