New Hulk for Avengers Movie?

pacifickarma

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2010/07/edward-norton-reportedly-dropp.html

SO far we've seen two Hulk movies, one starring Eric Bana and then a Marvel Studios relaunch with Edward Norton as Bruce Banner and his giant, green alter-ego.

Now it seems there will be a third actor playing the emerald ogre when he appears in Marvel's 2012 team-up film The Avengers.

According to Hitfix, Marvel sources say they will cast "an unknown" in the film, to be directed by Joss Whedon.

Norton had expressed an interest in reprising the role but, says the site, he has been told he won't be needed.

It wouldn't be the first time a recasting has occurred in the Marvel film universe. Terrence Howard was replaced by Don Cheadle for the second Iron Man film.

While fans online are making a big deal of this news, it would not be the end of the world. Banner is but one element of the Avengers and may be seen only briefly in that guise; his Hulk alter-ego is a computerised creation that doesn't require Norton in any way.

The reason for replacing the actor hasn't been specified but may be down to money issues. A cheaper 'unknown' may be perfectly fine for a few small scenes rather than paying megabucks to a big name. Or it may be because Norton demanded too much control over the story, as has been alleged on previous projects.

The Avengers, in which Samuel L Jackson's Nick Fury will bring together several heroes including Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man, Chris Hemsworth's Thor, Chris Evans' Captain America, Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow and others, is slated for release on May 4, 2012.

Vincent D'Onoffrio's Thor was the best.

Thor is going to be the only good one of all the upcoming Marvel movies. Because Kenneth Branagh is at the helm. It's going to be awesome.

I hope they dont use norton or bana.

Bana cant act his way out of a nutsack, all he has is that bland style of his. He is lucky he is attractive or he wouldnt have gotten any work as an actor at all.

And norton is a good actor, but only in smaller movies where its more about the character and even then he isnt that great. His best roles were because of the movie he was in and not so much of him himself. Plus he pretty well fucked up his hulk movie because he barged his way into changing things in the movie and trying to do it his way.

Course its hard to do a all CG character like that because other actors have to act to nothing while shooting, CG always looks out of place when placed with real world objects and its hard to mimic a sense of reality into something made on a computer.

[quote name='gargus']Course its hard to do a all CG character like that because other actors have to act to nothing while shooting, CG always looks out of place when placed with real world objects and its hard to mimic a sense of reality into something made on a computer.[/QUOTE]

They do this all the time though, it wouldn't be a bad thing and they could make it work wonderfully. Ever see District 9?

To be honest, I doubt if Norton is interested loaning his talents for anything but a huge paycheck. The guy is so amazingly talented he's kinda wasting any time spent on reprising a role like "The Hulk"

if hes gonna be in hulk mode most of the time it makes sense to get an unknown for a few reasons the other being if hes unknown you dont have any preconceived notions about him nor past work to compare him to so you can just enjoy that character as is. neil patrick harris would make a good bruce banner if he put on some weight and died his hair.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Vincent D'Onoffrio's Thor was the best.

Thor is going to be the only good one of all the upcoming Marvel movies. Because Kenneth Branagh is at the helm. It's going to be awesome.[/QUOTE]

I share your enthusiasm. Thor's my favorite comic book hero of all time. I want this movie to rock and I can't wait to see it.

I wasn't expecting Norton to reprise his role as Banner. I'm not surprised. They've been talking about this for a while now. But I didn't know Whedon was directing. News to me.

Studio's response... pretty harsh.

"Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members," said Marvel Studios President of Production Kevin Feige in a statement. "The Avengers demands players who thrive working as part of an ensemble, as evidenced by Robert, Chris H., Chris E., Sam, Scarlett, and all of our talented casts. We are looking to announce a name actor who fulfills these requirements, and is passionate about the iconic role in the coming weeks."

the story continues.

Norton's agent fired back in a fiery statement saying "This offensive statement from Kevin Feige at Marvel is a purposefully misleading, inappropriate attempt to paint our client in a negative light." He went into a lengthy explanation confirming the HitFix story and adding that it was last Wednesday, after several weeks of discussions, a Marvel rep "called to say they had decided to go in another direction with the part. This seemed to us to be a financial decision but, whatever the case, it is completely their prerogative, and we accepted their decision with no hard feelings."

Im a huge Edward Norton fan........so im glad that hes not coming back as The Hulk.

The Hulk is just one comic character that you simply cannot get done right in a movie IMO. To a certain degree, Superman as well. There just to overpowering, even for the big screen.

[quote name='tcrash247']wut[/QUOTE]

Seconded. Scarlet wasn't the focus of the movie and didn't have the ability to add or remove much from Iron Man 2.

I wouldn't want to see a Black Widow movie, but her performance isn't Megan Fox.

bread's done
Back