New info on split xbox live arcade games

AlkalineProdigy

CAGiversary!
I've read through the steps shipwreck posted and i've tried something different. ill just use some of his steps and revise them. I have found a way to get both players xbox's registered to the game the where all player profiles on both xboxs can use the full content. MAKE SURE CAG B DOESNT HAVE THE TRIAL VERSION OF THE GAME ON HIS XBOX AND IF HE DOES MAKE SURE YOU DELETE IT BEFORE STARTING INCLUDING THE GAME SAVE. CAG A must of already purchased the content on his xbox.

• Step 1: CAG A loads his/her Xbox Live Profile onto CAG A’s Xbox 360 memory unit. (System Blade-->Memory-->Hard Drive-->Gamer Profiles-->CAG A Gamer Profile-->Move-->MU)
  • Step 2: CAG A inserts CAG A’s memory unit into CAG B’s Xbox 360.
  • Step 3: If CAG B’s Xbox 360 is not powered on, power on CAG B’s Xbox 360.
  • Step 4: If CAG B’s Live Profile is signed in, sign CAG B’s Live Profile out. (Xbox Live Blade-->”X” Button-->Yes, sign out)
  • Step 5: Sign in CAG A’s Live Profile. (Xbox Live Blade-->Sign In-->CAG A Xbox Live MU)
  • Step 6: Go to the Xbox Live Marketplace and find the Xbox Live Arcade game CAG A had already purchased on his xbox earlier.
  • Step 7: Download the Xbox Live Arcade game by selecting “Download Again”. If prompted, save the content to “Hard Drive”. Wait for the game to finish downloading.
  • Step 8: Once the game is on the hard drive, sign CAG A’s Live Profile out. (Xbox Live Blade->”X” button-->Yes, sign out)
  • Step 9: Sign in CAG B’s Live Profile. (Xbox Live Blade-->Sign In-->CAG B Xbox Live HDD)
  • Step 10: Play the game that was just downloaded. CAG B now has a fully featured Xbox Live Arcade Game including Achievements and online play. In fact, any profile that signs into CAG B’s Xbox 360 will be able to play the fully featured Xbox Live Arcade Game.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Why post a new thread about it when you already posted it in Ship's topic?[/QUOTE]

He wants to be the hero, DUH :roll:

Forget the steps i posted before i found out why it worked i think i found the first software exploit of the xbox 360. First you need two xboxs two hard drives and a memory unit.

1. Move CAG A xbox live profile to the memory unit.
2. Make Take CAG B's hard drive and throw it on CAG A's XBOX
3. Move CAG A to CAG B hard drive
4. Login To CAG A's Profile
5. Find the game thats already been paid for by CAG A on the marketplace
6. Hit download again
7. Once finished log out of CAG A
8. Log in to CAG B
9. Play the downloaded game.
10. Move CAG A back to memory card
11. Disconnect Hard Drive From CAG A Xbox
12. Move everything Back To Normal and play

The reason this works i think is becuase of the how the game gets validated when you play. Since your moving the CAG B's Drive to CAG A's xbox it shows the console key for the game validating it as a full copy. Please try it.

Ban me then i was going to post a video of the proces ether tonight or tomarrow but i guess ill just post it on gamefaqs.com then since im getting such hostile remarks from people who havent even tried my method yet.

[quote name='AlkalineProdigy']Ban me then i was going to post a video of the proces ether tonight or tomarrow but i guess ill just post it on gamefaqs.com then since im getting such hostile remarks from people who havent even tried my method yet.[/QUOTE]

Oh geez :roll:

Listen it's not that we don't give a shit (well I don't) it's just that there is no reason for this thread since Shipwreck's is stickied at the top.

Now I know you want to be the hero (GUYS CHECK OUT WHAT I FIGURED OUT AIN'T I SWELL PLZ LOVE ME) but you just have to understand how things work around here.

- edit Actually you know what, go ahead and leave to gamefaqs. The site fits you and if you actually figure something out that we can use (not likely) then somebody will just snatch it and post it here.

Anyone else think MS could roll out something with the Fall dashboard update to stop the splitting of XBLA games due to the attention it's getting on the internet, and the fact that more and more will attempt to do this?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Anyone else think MS could roll out something with the Fall dashboard update to stop the splitting of XBLA games due to the attention it's getting on the internet, and the fact that more and more will attempt to do this?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised if they did try to prevent this type of thing happening with the update.

bread's done
Back