New Jersey CAGs unite

ananag112

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So, you guys found any good deals in your area?

The Blockbuster in Teaneck (on Cedar Lane) has Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition (PS2), Oddworld Strangers Wrath, and Doom 3 for $9.99 each and they have a buy 2 get one free deal as well.

The BestBuy in Garden State Plaza is usually good for penny guides. I know they have had a few GTA:SA and Destroy all Humans left (as of 2 weeks ago), but I have not had the time to go there. They do not make a fuss about selling penny guides and the manager is cool about selling them. However, I have recently noticed that they started throwing away a lot of guides to make room for new games.

Although not in NJ, Palisades Mall is a great place for getting games and penny guides. The BestBuy always seems to have the best selection of guides in the area. Also, the Circuit City seems to always have bargin games somewhere in the back.

EDIT: I will switch it to NJ in general

[quote name='xxxafibenderxxx']i used to live in jersey :whistle2://

monmouth county ( USED to represent )

i miss good ol jerz[/QUOTE]

Monmouth County REPRESENT! Exit 105 holla!

[quote name='rsigley']anyone manage to get in on the nintendo ds $100 deal?

i tried menlo park (sold out), clark (spent an hour trying to call random people, said come back tomorrow), route 22 union (just said no and wouldn't even call anybody or ask anyone)

so, anyone know if the one in milltown/east brunswick will honor it, or anything in that area? Thanks![/QUOTE]

ill check the bwater target for ya. i have to stop by there to get the family guy dvds.

Just joined the board, been looking for gamers in the somerville/bridgewater area.

As for the Nintendo DS $99 deal, I didn't bother checking Target yet, but I did print out the online ad and had the Circuit City off Rt. 28 do a 110% price match. Manager didn't bat an eye (of course I was also buying Mario Kart and Advance Wars, but hey...)

-Sonic626

I just used the Target print out at Circuit City by the Somerville circle too. I got a Nintendo DS for $96.99. Although my experience wasn't as easy as yours, the cashier was very pleasant and I eventually got it after he couldn't find a Nintendo DS on Target online.

I don't know about my experience being easy - I left out the part where the first DS I got had a dead pixel on both the top and bottom screen:) I went back during lunch the next day and they exchanged it with no problem, and this one works just fine.

And OMG, there's gamers in Somerville? Where has everyone been hiding?

[quote name='Sonic626']I don't know about my experience being easy - I left out the part where the first DS I got had a dead pixel on both the top and bottom screen:) I went back during lunch the next day and they exchanged it with no problem, and this one works just fine.

And OMG, there's gamers in Somerville? Where has everyone been hiding?[/QUOTE]

Well the DS I picked up is a gift so I won't know about any pixel problem until after Xmas. Are dead pixels a common problem with the DS? And is there a quick way to tell?

I wouldn't call dead pixels "common," per se, but they are inherent to any type of LCD technology; a certain % of any pixels will end up dead, depending on manufacturing methodologies. Some companies often refuse to exchange unless a certain number of pixels are dead (there was a big issue with Sony originally not touching PSPs with less than 3 dead ones), but Nintendo is honoring *any* dead pixels if a retailer refuses.

As for the DS, if you can manage not to mangle the end of the box by opening it, the unit typically comes with some battery charge remaining - fire it up and get a game in it if possible, then repackage it. Personally, I think the risk of it looking semi-opened outweighs the risk of having to return it post-Christmas and taking it away from whomever received it.

Also, dead pixels are most easily seen when the screen is displaying black, hence the recommendation to use an actual game - the built-in startup goes stark white upon boot and isn't of much help.

[quote name='yuy104']I work in Bridgewater!!! Hewitt Associates!!! ;)
So I'm very close to Somerville Circle.[/QUOTE]
wow thats awesome...the cirlce is the worst place to drive through...

Hey everyone,

I thought I'd post this here for us NJ'ers. If you can get to the TRU off 202/206 in Somerville/Raritan, go quickly.

They have two bins at the register with multiple copies of a lot of whats in the OP.

Off hand I remember multiples of Rumble Roses, Transformers, Pikmin 2 (in the GC aisle), Fight Night 2 (these are in the display behind the counter), Klonoa 2, F Zero (or whatever its called for GBA), Tron 2 (GBA), Silent Hill 4, & Wrestlemania 21.

Hope this helps someone! :D

jerseygirls.19.gallery_normal.jpg

The TRU in Paramus (next to Bergen Mall) has a lot of good game left. I was there yesterday and got:

Fatal Frame 2 (Xbox)
Doom 3 (Xbox)
Ace Combat 5 (PS2)
Dead or Alive: Ultimate (Xbox)
Pikmin 2 (GameCube)

There are a ton more of these games and many more left at TRU. I got all the games that I wanted except DDS and Tekken 5

[quote name='yuy104']Anyone find Meteos for $10 @ KB toys in NJ?[/QUOTE]

The KB in Mill Creek in Secaucus had a few copies left last time I went. I also got Metroid Pinball for 20.

[quote name='ananag112']The TRU in Paramus (next to Bergen Mall) has a lot of good game left. I was there yesterday and got:

Fatal Frame 2 (Xbox)
Doom 3 (Xbox)
Ace Combat 5 (PS2)
Dead or Alive: Ultimate (Xbox)
Pikmin 2 (GameCube)

There are a ton more of these games and many more left at TRU. I got all the games that I wanted except DDS and Tekken 5[/QUOTE]

Did you happen to notice if they had any of the GBA games (like Shaman King 2, Racing Gears Advance, Metal Slug Advance, etc.)? I picked up my games at the TRU in Seacaucus earlier this week but they had none of those GBA games.

hey guys, first poster, long time reader here hahaha.

i'm in morris county and have access to rt. 10 and was wondering if anyone knew of any half-life 2 deals for xbox? i know it was on sale earlier this week but I was wondering if anyone knew anything about monday?:)

oh, and happy holidays of course.

Don't know about any deals on HL2 but the TRU on Route 10 in East Hanover still has tons of good $9.98 games left. When I left today they still had Flatout, Fatal Frame 2, Musashi, Xenosaga II, Klonoa 2, etc.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']
jerseygirls.19.gallery_normal.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You should find the shirt that says "trash gets taken out". I think it's far more fitting.

[quote name='rarebucky']Don't know about any deals on HL2 but the TRU on Route 10 in East Hanover still has tons of good $9.98 games left. When I left today they still had Flatout, Fatal Frame 2, Musashi, Xenosaga II, Klonoa 2, etc.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info, im gonna run up there during lunch.

anyone need anything?

[quote name='rarebucky']Don't know about any deals on HL2 but the TRU on Route 10 in East Hanover still has tons of good $9.98 games left. When I left today they still had Flatout, Fatal Frame 2, Musashi, Xenosaga II, Klonoa 2, etc.[/QUOTE]
Did they have Silent Hill 4? Thats the only game that I want from the sale. ._.

[quote name='CheapMoogle']Did they have Silent Hill 4? Thats the only game that I want from the sale. ._.[/QUOTE]

im going back tomorrow. ill check.

Went to the one in Secaucus, the only GCC I found were Xbox and EA sports specific. Anyone have luck finding the generic ones with the $5 off copuon?

[quote name='WaTony']Went to the one in Secaucus, the only GCC I found were Xbox and EA sports specific. Anyone have luck finding the generic ones with the $5 off copuon?[/QUOTE]

I have had no problem with the $5 PS2 coupon at the BB next to Garden State Plaza

[quote name='CheapMoogle']Did they have Silent Hill 4? Thats the only game that I want from the sale. ._.[/QUOTE]

no silent hill 2.

in fact, when i went at lunch there were tons of klonoa 2.

when i went back at night, they had none left.

i was able to get some stuff i wanted tho.

sid meyers pirates - xbox (x2)
fatal frame 2 - xbox
bloodrayne 2 - xbox
raze hell - xbox
pariah - xbox
haunting ground - ps2
bards tale - ps2
ape escape:pumped and primed - ps2
f zero - GCN
mr driller - DS

so it wasnt a complete waste.

[quote name='peloquin17']no silent hill 2.

in fact, when i went at lunch there were tons of klonoa 2.

when i went back at night, they had none left.

i was able to get some stuff i wanted tho.

sid meyers pirates - xbox (x2)
fatal frame 2 - xbox
bloodrayne 2 - xbox
raze hell - xbox
pariah - xbox
haunting ground - ps2
bards tale - ps2
ape escape:pumped and primed - ps2
f zero - GCN
mr driller - DS

so it wasnt a complete waste.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. They actually did have a few copies of SH4 for both PS2 and Xbox when I was there a few days ago. Guess someone bought them. Didn't see the copy of Haunting Ground though.

The Toys R Us in Union on Route 22 had a lot of games left, including:

Star Ocean in the box PS2
Haunting Gounds PS2
Killer 7 PS2
Blood Rayne 2 PS2
Romance IX PS2
Psychonauts PS2
Samurai Western PS2
Project Snowblind PS2
Rugby 2005 PS2

Area 51 XB
Bard's Tale XB
Fatal Frame II XB
GTA Double Pack XB
Pirates XB
Razes Hell XB

Final Fantasy 1 & 2 GBA
Ham Ham Games GBA

Well thanks for checking, I was going to later in the week to that tru. You saved me the trip. I guess I'll just get it online at kmart or radioshack for 20 if I can't find it in the other tru's.

I went to the Elizabeth TRU around 12 pm. to see if there was anything left. Found the usual:

BloodRayne 2 (on shelf)
Killzone(on shelf)
Amplitude (in the bin)

Pikmin 2 (one left in the 10 buck bin)
LifeLine (one on the ps2 display case)
7 Geist (on the clearance table)

I think I did see samurai western on the shelf too. I found a couple of Baten Kaitos with the soundtrack. Didn't find silent hill4, bought one of the Pikmin 2 I found. Couldn't leave empty handed. >_

A little late to the party, but I'm in Rahway. Finally got the nazis over in the Rt.1 Iselin Best Buy to take my $10-off coupon, so I'm happy about that. :boxing: :roll:

Anyone in NJ pick up Dynasty Warriors 5 at TRU? I need it big-time, and I have great tradebait. Help a fellow Jerseyite out and send me a PM :)

Sorry, no Dynasty Warriors, never saw one.

I've got one extra of:

Pikmin 2
Resident Evil 4
Halo 2 LE
Metal Slug 4/5
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX
Romance of the Three Kingdoms X
Metroid Prime Echoes 2
Psychonauts
GTA Double Pack
Golden Sun: Lost Age
Final Fantasy I & 2
Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising

Looking to Trade For

Mario Party 4
Mario Party 5
Digital Devil Saga 1
Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland
GTA: San Andreas (AO)

Send me a PM if you want to trade. Will do 3 for 2 on the ones I am looking for.

Went to Elizabeth TRU yesterday, saw the following:

PacMan World 3 for XBOX
Feel the Magic
Polarium
Geist
(some other stuff in the $9.99 bins)

Anyone find Tekken 5 or Mario Party 5 anywhere??? Or is willing to trade for Geist or Final Fantasy I & II?

I went to the TRU on route46 in Totowa they had

Geist
Metroid Prime 1&2
Final Fantasy:Crystal Chronical
Kill Zone
King of Fighters:Maxium Impact manix
BloodRayne 2

Thay also had a few Polarium,1 fatal frame 2 for x-box,and 1 final fantasy 1&2 for GBA.I pcked up a copy of Geist and BloodRayne 2

[quote name='bloodjunkie']reppin maywood nj here, anyone nearby? by the way, any have any dreamcast or genesis games? PM me[/QUOTE]

wow, another CAG from Maywood? the town is only like 1000 people. I have an apartment in Hackensack now, but I grew up in Maywood.

Head to that Route 4 TRU. Plenty of stuff left....I got Geist just the other day...

Guys head to the circuit city in union. I was able to get Silent hill 4 for 13.96.
I saw a few other games like

sega collection
manhunt (greatest hit cover)
xenosaga 1(Regular cover, only one on the shelf)
NeoContra
Silent hill 4
various others

I think the employees were collecting the games on the shelf and putting it into a clearance bin. I didnt stay to see if they were going to do that. Good Luck.

Old Bridge in the house, never any good deals around here. A ton of hoarders around here. On many occasion I have gone to check clearances and mobs of guys with the lists printed out are devouring the games.
The Walmart on Rt9 is very YMMV, nothing...nada...ever.

[quote name='Madskills1182']Yeah im from manalapan nothin really good around here. I used to manage the EB in Old Bridge by Walmart[/QUOTE]

99% of my purchases are from there, on the way home from work...very convenient.

bread's done
Back