New Kirby Wii game?

ananag112

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/events/110128/07.html

Google Translation:
Also, Kirby is Kirby last year's wool is released in the U.S. and Japan], and for this story turns into Kirby's new smoking vomiting stationary game machines, Imashi to keep you waiting very long or. For the [Wii] Kirby's new product has been developed by a team of Hull Institute. Please see the movie as well.
[Kirby] also this latest film is scheduled for release this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pBNaMDDR7M

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they're trying to cash in on how great Epic Yarn was? I just don't see why they would release a 2nd Kirby game this soon.

[quote name='Altanis']Maybe they're trying to cash in on how great Epic Yarn was? I just don't see why they would release a 2nd Kirby game this soon.[/QUOTE]

From what's been said on NeoGAF, technically, this may be the Kirby title that was in development for the GameCube by HAL, but it was pushed to the Wii and delayed for years with no further information, only making an appearance on Nintendo's Japanese release lists over the past year.

Unreleased Kirby for GameCube video (It was originally based on the SSBM engine)

Can't have enough Kirby. Well, truth be told, I haven't played Epic Yarn myself yet (my kids did), so I need to do that first.

Something about this video gives a Kirby 64 vibe.

Kirby's Epic Yarn seemed like Kirby was shoe-horned in. As KingBroly said, it wasn't originally a Kirby game, so that's why. Regardless, it was still enjoyable (albeit easy).

I'm really interested in this new Kirby. If it's anything like Kirby 64, I'm in.

I know Epic Yarn wasn't originally a Kirby game, but it still seems weird to me that they would release 2 games from the same IP that close together (anything mario being excluded).

[quote name='Altanis']I know Epic Yarn wasn't originally a Kirby game, but it still seems weird to me that they would release 2 games from the same IP that close together (anything mario being excluded).[/QUOTE]

There's also the Kirby DS game that might be releasing in Japan this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTHLuSPrD40
(It's at around the 3:00 mark)

[quote name='KingBroly']Epic Yarn wasn't originally a Kirby game though.[/QUOTE]

They missed out on creating a really cool new mascot/franchise then (which they haven't really done in a while). The game is great - if they had nailed the character design on this they might have had something.... although I think I read somewhere that they were now considering doing Mario's Yarn, Zelda's Yarn, etc. and having it be a new style of games kind of like the Lego games...

[quote name='javeryh']They missed out on creating a really cool new mascot/franchise then (which they haven't really done in a while). The game is great - if they had nailed the character design on this they might have had something.... although I think I read somewhere that they were now considering doing Mario's Yarn, Zelda's Yarn, etc. and having it be a new style of games kind of like the Lego games...[/QUOTE]
Metroid yarn FTW

I'm ashamed to say the only Kirby game I've played is Kirby's Adventure (awesome game, btw.)
Definitely interested in getting this though, I love the SSB style look of the game.

I'm surprised that Kirby's Epic Yarn didn't use Yoshi as the character instead... even more surprised now that I find out they are going to release the other Kirby game afterall. I know that Yoshi's Story got a bad rap as a kiddie game, but Yoshi's Epic Yarn would have been a great "sequel", especially given the same art styles. (The other option would have been to create a new IP, as Javery mentioned, but I'm guessing they felt burned by Starfy and others that didn't take off--because they didn't market them!)

[quote name='soonersfan60']...(The other option would have been to create a new IP...but I'm guessing they felt burned by Starfy and others that didn't take off--because they didn't market them!)[/QUOTE]

I was just browsing this discussion until I saw you mention that, my take on why the Starfy series failed is not only because as you mentioned no marketing, but more importantly they released the worst game in the series over here. They should have either ported the three GBA games over or released the series starting with number 5, if they wanted to do a DS only release. I played the GBA ones and tried to play the first DS title only to be confused as to what I had to do to continue on, it was much too complicated (map screen) for the target audience to bother with.

Nintendo doesn't trust the other characters they own, that's why Prince Fluff got shafted out of the limelight of his own game, why Pitt has finally gotten a real sequel after 20 years (not counting the GB remake), I'm not even going to mention Mother/Earthbound (you know why) and other characters/series they own don't get any respect from them because they don't have enough faith in them to go own there own unless they're put into a massive seller like Smash Bros. (which is a shame).

People are interested in the series they all come from (look at Smash Bros again) they just won't take risks on unproven series, which is going to not help them in the long run.

bread's done
Back