New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

I checked the "clearance" section at my local Kmart in Cincinnati and it was just sad. The latest markdowns were from April 2012 and was told they don't change the prices unless corporate tells them. The "best deal" was Need for Speed: Shift (yes, the first one) for $15. Ugh.

[quote name='Kovorkian']Shamokin one? (which is gone now) Shamokin is about 15 - 20 min away from Frackville whereas Shamokin Dam [don't be taking my clearance items :p] ( is about 75 min away (outside of selinsgrove area)

Last time I was in frackville when i got the ps2 controller everything was tidy and easy to look though, this time it looked like an el hoardo literally humped the displays and took anything worth while (the games were just strewn alll around)

Edit: as a side note a lot of things were over priced about 85% of items on "clearance" compared locally[/QUOTE]
When my one friend was on unemployment for a few years after being laid off from a federal job because they were a temp the first time they were there(they were since re-hired permanent) we used to go all over the Tri-State area.:D

I hit up the Shamokin Dam area after hitting up the Berwick area Kmart and everything in between just about. We even went down to around the Susquehanna Valley Mall area the one time to look for some sort of wildlife preserve place that was around there someplace. Only problem was it was hot and humid the day we chose to go there, so we got as far as the front door of the place and turned around and left.:lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']When my one friend was on unemployment for a few years after being laid off from a federal job because they were a temp the first time they were there(they were since re-hired permanent) we used to go all over the Tri-State area.:D

I hit up the Shamokin Dam area after hitting up the Berwick area Kmart and everything in between just about. We even went down to around the Susquehanna Valley Mall area the one time to look for some sort of wildlife preserve place that was around there someplace. Only problem was it was hot and humid the day we chose to go there, so we got as far as the front door of the place and turned around and left.:lol:[/QUOTE]

You only have one friend?

[quote name='JayRooster']You only have one friend?[/QUOTE]

I only have two.. My girlfriend and my best bud I've been friends with for I think four years.

[quote name='superhippy1986']I only have two.. My girlfriend and my best bud I've been friends with for I think four years.[/QUOTE]

I have no friends...

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Ouch.[/QUOTE]

The shelves at the Kmart one are normally orderly as no one tends to go there. Only Kmart at that section, and it cannot compete with the wal-mart that is across form the mall and to get in at K-mart if you to go all the way to the end of 11&15 and go partially up 11 to turn back in, not bad if you're coming from Lewisburg area.

Sidenote: Elite Games in Lewisburg is owned by the same people as the one in Williamsport (technically it is loyalsock) however the prices are higher and the employees don't give a shit.

[quote name='JayRooster']You only have one friend?[/QUOTE]
One is all I need. Well, that is unless you count the voices in my head. If you can count those, then I have HUNDREDS of friends.;):razz::booty:

[quote name='Kovorkian']The shelves at the Kmart one are normally orderly as no one tends to go there. Only Kmart at that section, and it cannot compete with the wal-mart that is across form the mall and to get in at K-mart if you to go all the way to the end of 11&15 and go partially up 11 to turn back in, not bad if you're coming from Lewisburg area.

Sidenote: Elite Games in Lewisburg is owned by the same people as the one in Williamsport (technically it is loyalsock) however the prices are higher and the employees don't give a shit.[/QUOTE]
Just be glad you don't live up in Johnson City, NY area, as their Kmart is directly behind a Salvation Army which has an independent game store right next to it. So anyone looking for a deal from THAT Kmart or the Salvation Army is most likely SO fuckin' L.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']One is all I need. Well, that is unless you count the voices in my head. If you can count those, then I have HUNDREDS of friends.;):razz::booty:[/QUOTE]

offtopic: that reminded me of a horror movie where it mainly takes place in the guy's subconius, he has Multiple personality disorder and they all kill each other until there is only one persona left!

OR SO THEY THOUGHT!

I used to have four more friends but two of them became ghetto as hell... And one got married and we just didn't keep in touch and the last became an asshole...

So yeah I rather have my girlfriend who is like a friend with huge boobies and my aussie buddy and IAmTheCheaptestGamer lol... If he wants me lol jk

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Just be glad you don't live up in Johnson City, NY area, as their Kmart is directly behind a Salvation Army which has an independent game store right next to it. So anyone looking for a deal from THAT Kmart or the Salvation Army is most likely SO fuckin' L.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

my Kmart still has a gears 3 Xbox console :p I remember in about the late 90s, early 2000's i picked up a NES game from that location

Edit: that location being the Kmart in Shamokin Dam

[quote name='superhippy1986']-Snip- and IAmTheCheaptestGamer lol... If he wants me lol jk[/QUOTE]
He wants you......

....for part of his collection

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']One is all I need. Well, that is unless you count the voices in my head. If you can count those, then I have HUNDREDS of friends.;):razz::booty:[/QUOTE]

These are my only friends ;):D:):lol::drool::roll::cool:

Well the guy with the glasses might be too cool for me..

[quote name='Kovorkian']He wants you......

....for part of his collection[/QUOTE]

His serial killer collection? Or my tiny game collection? Or maybe my gundam dvd one?

[quote name='Kovorkian']offtopic: that reminded me of a horror movie where it mainly takes place in the guy's subconius, he has Multiple personality disorder and they all kill each other until there is only one persona left!

OR SO THEY THOUGHT!
[/QUOTE]

Movie is called Identity with John Cusack

[quote name='superhippy1986']I used to have four more friends but two of them became ghetto as hell... And one got married and we just didn't keep in touch and the last became an asshole...

So yeah I rather have my girlfriend who is like a friend with huge boobies and my aussie buddy and IAmTheCheaptestGamer lol... If he wants me lol jk[/QUOTE]
Back....back I say.

I used to use her as an avatar years ago lol.. Maybe I'll do it again but nothing showing boobs or I'll be single..

And yes tthats Cheaps nickname.. Grumpy daddy.

Know what never mind.. She's my biracial black goddess!!!!! Get your own!

I still remember when someone on here(person named p1owking or something) used to have a picture of a chick holding up a sign that said 'he put it in my ass' as their avatar. Not only that, but there's a few people who have had interesting sigs on here. User rpg had Katy Perry from SNL in the Elmo shirt bouncing up and down on a loop;) and someone else whose user name eludes me right now has Olivia Munn as Chun Li doing a really, really high kick in their sig.:drool:;)

[quote name='superhippy1986']I used to use her as an avatar years ago lol.. Maybe I'll do it again but nothing showing boobs or I'll be single..

And yes tthats Cheaps nickname.. Grumpy daddy.

Know what never mind.. She's my biracial black goddess!!!!! Get your own![/QUOTE]

But dad..

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I still remember when someone on here(person named p1owking or something) used to have a picture of a chick holding up a sign that said 'he put it in my ass' as their avatar. Not only that, but there's a few people who have had interesting sigs on here. User rpg had Katy Perry from SNL in the Elmo shirt bouncing up and down on a loop;) and someone else whose user name eludes me right now has Olivia Munn as Chun Li doing a really, really high kick in their sig.:drool:;)[/QUOTE]

Olivia Munn is one sexy woman. ;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Just be glad you don't live up in Johnson City, NY area, as their Kmart is directly behind a Salvation Army which has an independent game store right next to it. So anyone looking for a deal from THAT Kmart or the Salvation Army is most likely SO fuckin' L.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]
That Kmart has been closed since the last major flooding they had up there. It was in Endicott. The only Kmart in that area now is the one in the Binghamton Plaza. I was just up there about a month ago.

[quote name='Kovorkian']Shamokin one? (which is gone now) Shamokin is about 15 - 20 min away from Frackville whereas Shamokin Dam [don't be taking my clearance items :p] ( is about 75 min away (outside of selinsgrove area)

Last time I was in frackville when i got the ps2 controller everything was tidy and easy to look though, this time it looked like an el hoardo literally humped the displays and took anything worth while (the games were just strewn alll around)

Edit: as a side note a lot of things were over priced about 85% of items on "clearance" compared locally[/QUOTE]

The Shamokin Dam's my local one. I think the only notable deals I got there though was the 360 DDR U3 bundle for $5, the LiveCam bundle for $10 and Overlord for the PS3 for $1.

Just got back today and picked up Band Hero for $3.

I think all I've ever done is drive through Frackville. I used to go to Shamokin somewhat regularly as their Goodwill used to be pretty solid and the BRL discount grocery used to get some interesting stuff. The game store in Shamokin was pretty nice the one time I stopped in (I think the owner was a Nam vet and had a german shephard walking around the store). I quit going that way really once the Goodwill closed down and the prices at BRL started sucking and a similar discount store opened in Norry which is closer. (I think Shamokin had their own Kmart at one point from an abandoned building near the BRL and from what my great uncle said, but I didn't move down this way until 2005)

There's a Kmart in Burnham (near Lewistown) which is roughly 50 miles from the Shamokin Dam one as that's where I'm from. I haven't been there in like 2 or 3 years. Last time I was they had finally pulled Gears 1, Crackdown 1 and a few other early titles from their display and marked them to $19.99. Almost all of them had the "DO NOT SELL BEFORE (date)" stickers on top. Noone bought games there. Even if Wal-Mart sold out, people usually drove to State College for some reason. I went with my friend for the 360 launch Tuesday at 6 AM and he picked up two arcade 360s. The Wal-Mart there sold out with people waiting from like 5 PM.

I haven't had luck at the Burnham K-Mart in gaming. Well, except one time around 95-ish when I picked up the Mighty Max game/VHS combo for like $15 and a Gameboy Game Genie for my sister for around $10. Their DVD prices used to always ring up as $5-$10 off what they should've been, though.

[quote name='pyoobez']The Shamokin Dam's my local one. -SUPER SNIP-.[/QUOTE]

So you are the Shamokin Dam El Hoardo? :bomb:

it's my local kmart as well

I hit up the Burnham Kmart now and then both parents are from lewistown area so we used to go that way and over to State College a lot, Especially when Play Land was still there.

Last find was Muramasa Wii for 3.75 sealed at Burnham about 3-4 weeks ago now, flipped to Best Buy for 10 because I wasn't going to get to it any time soon and will subsidize the cost of a 3ds when I purchase one.

After spending $10 on Sears clearance I guess the $4 that I keep on me in cash will go to some $1 game at kmart..

Or a one 2 liter soda...

[quote name='superhippy1986']After spending $10 on Sears clearance I guess the $4 that I keep on me in cash will go to some $1 game at kmart..

Or a one 2 liter soda...[/QUOTE]

go to dollar tree and get 1 or 1.5 liter of tea ! its better for you

[quote name='shiningslade']That Kmart has been closed since the last major flooding they had up there. It was in Endicott. The only Kmart in that area now is the one in the Binghamton Plaza. I was just up there about a month ago.[/QUOTE]
Man. You really do get around, don't ya? :lol:

[quote name='Kovorkian']So you are the Shamokin Dam El Hoardo? :bomb:
[/QUOTE]

I think I've bought more regular gaming stuff from sales than actual clearance (like the $15 Mass Effect ages ago and when I bought the last three copies of Rock Band AC/DC for my friends and I.)

The only thing I really stock up on are the clothes as I wear a men's small so usually I can wait and pick stuff up when it hits 99 cents to 1.99.

Some guy (or girl) comes in there and just messes shit up in clearance games, more often at Sears looking for things to resell or something because the displays go from organized to mortor shell'd

Edit: Spelling

I wonder if it could be the one friend of the local game store owner here, since I know he said he was going far and wide for stuff to sell at times. He even remarked hitting up the Schuylkill Mall a few times.

I would blame a child except it was the top shelf (specifically sears) which is always strewn through like someone is looking for a game between two that does not exist

[quote name='pyoobez']I think I've bought more regular gaming stuff from sales than actual clearance (like the $15 Mass Effect ages ago and when I bought the last three copies of Rock Band AC/DC for my friends and I.)

The only thing I really stock up on are the clothes as I wear a men's small so usually I can wait and pick stuff up when it hits 99 cents to 1.99.[/QUOTE]

opposite ends of the spectrum XXL :D

[quote name='Kovorkian']opposite ends of the spectrum XXL :D[/QUOTE]

So, I see you live in Northwest Greece! That is where the Acheron river is located.

[quote name='yazman']So, I see you live in Northwest Greece! That is where the Acheron river is located.[/QUOTE]

I do not, I put that as it is the overlooked river of death styx being the one everyone remembers

[quote name='Kovorkian']go to dollar tree and get 1 or 1.5 liter of tea ! its better for you[/QUOTE]

Yeah..... I'll stick to soda... I drink plenty of tea.

[quote name='Kovorkian']Some guy (or girl) comes in there and just messes shit up in clearance games, more often at Sears looking for things to resell or something because the displays go from organized to mortor shell'd

Edit: Spelling[/QUOTE]

I barely go to Sears as the employees are pretty useless, imo. I've had to wait 5 minutes or so for employees to finish casual conversations to get help and had another instance where a guy came over to help when I held a game up and then turned 90 degrees to help an old couple that waved them down.

Most people I hear from say the same about K-Mart, but I've never had any issues there.

But I never really mess up the games. In fact, I'll move games or DVDs back to the right spot if it's not too much effort (i.e. moving from where I'm standing) as I'm not big on people hiding stuff or just leaving the store in a mess.

When Target first opened I used to occassionally find games and DVDs buried under t-shirts. I'd always lay them on top the pile and walk off.

yeah I walked into sears and there were 6 employees having a conversation by the fridges, then some guy asks me if I need help when im leaving >.>

Kmart I just never see any employees, also cashiers are great for things being marked CSP

Sister grabbed a band hero for 360 for $2 was marked 3 but they made it match the ps3 price when it was rung through as it came up Check Shelf Price, though the cashier might have just not given a damn

also if you're looking for a gears 3 xbox360 they had 1 still when I was there a few days ago

Yeah, I saw the Gears 3 360 yesterday which was $280. Best Buy 2-3 in stock a few months ago (but I believe they sold out) for $300.

K-Mart also had the Star Wars 360 for clearanced to $300 next to it as well which was a better deal, however, I just replaced my RROD-ed units like 3 months ago. Not sure when it was price dropped. I don't get there too often. I did notice they removed the crane game since my last visit which annoyed me as my bro bought something off me in quarters and their crane game is the fairest to play in the area that I've found.

Yeah they must have brought out the gears xbox out of the back room though because about 3weeks or so ago it was not there, also only Kmart I've been to with the star wars 360s at 300 left in stock

never was that good at crane games, so i would not have noticed it missing

Did you see the ammunition just sitting on those carts near the front? What's with that? are they not stocking it anymore?

I just dropped by a local Kmart on my way to GS to pick up some games to flip at BB.
I spotted Resistance dual pack PS3 controller bundle for $36 so I felt lucky and decided to pick it up.
CSR was too busy with another customer to help me out, so I was just looking inside of glass showcase to see anything worthy of my attention.
And I couldn't believe what I was seeing!
There were 4 copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy Collector's Edition, all brand new perfect condition!
I have been trying to get one for so long but it is sold for $100-$150 on eBay.
I was a little disappointed that the game was still $49.99(yes, I am very cheap), but decided to buy all four of them.
I will open one of them to play, keep the second one sealed, and sell the last two on eBay.
I haven't had a good haul like this in a long time.

[quote name='jooanyenna']I just dropped by a local Kmart on my way to GS to pick up some games to flip at BB.
I spotted Resistance dual pack PS3 controller bundle for $36 so I felt lucky and decided to pick it up.
CSR was too busy with another customer to help me out, so I was just looking inside of glass showcase to see anything worthy of my attention.
There were 4 copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy Collector's Edition, all brand new perfect condition!
I was a little disappointed that the game was still $49.99(yes, I am very cheap), but decided to buy all four of them.
I will open one of them to play, keep the second one sealed, and sell the last two on eBay.
I haven't had a good haul like this in a long time.[/QUOTE]

jealous you can sell one and get almost the whole cost out of it

[quote name='jooanyenna']I just dropped by a local Kmart on my way to GS to pick up some games to flip at BB.
I haven't had a good haul like this in a long time.[/QUOTE]

That was incredibly hard to read. But yeah, I found 3 copies at a K-Mart about 3 months ago. All sold already.

bread's done
Back