New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

[quote name='kraftwerks']There was a shelf sticker at my Kmart for the Goldeneye bundle. $29.99. Same with the Flingsmash wiimote bundle.[/QUOTE]

What is the Goldeneye 007 Gold Nunchuck bundle worth paying for? Is this the only way to get a gold nunchuk? The game alone costs $25 on Amazon. The PS3/360 version are about $30 on Amazon. There was a lot of these bundles in my store.

[quote name='The Acacia Strain']I'm going by today. Anyone got any advice towards this? Well these games be behind the shelf?[/QUOTE]

Check out the bins in the game section. Most cheap or clearance are in the bin or on the open shelf. Glass case has mostly just all the expensive games. There may be another area within electronics with clearance games. There may be games on the endcap near the music/movies, there may be games near the front of store registers.

[quote name='J7.']What is the Goldeneye 007 Gold Nunchuck bundle worth paying for? Is this the only way to get a gold nunchuk? The game alone costs $25 on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Goldeneye comes with the gold classic controller pro. The gold nunchuk I think you can only get through Club Nintendo (in the U.S. at least).

My Kmart had Rage LE PS3 and the Resistance 1 and 2 Dualshock bundle in the case. When I asked the guy to price check, they came up PRICE REQ. He finally got them to ring up at normal prices ($20 and $50) when he got a scanner from the back and I passed on them. Would I have been able to get one of these really cheap prices on them if I had actually taken them up to the register?

[quote name='thewaspinator']My Kmart had Rage LE PS3 and the Resistance 1 and 2 Dualshock bundle in the case. When I asked the guy to price check, they came up PRICE REQ. He finally got them to ring up at normal prices ($20 and $50) when he got a scanner from the back and I passed on them. Would I have been able to get one of these really cheap prices on them if I had actually taken them up to the register?[/QUOTE]

At my store, I get a manager and ask him to do 90% off regular price - usually have no trouble.

Found only one game today that was price req'd, Enslaved for PS3. The clerk said "I can charge whatever I want... How's $2-3?". I retorted with "how's $1?". He said sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pookymeister']At my store, I get a manager and ask him to do 90% off regular price - usually have no trouble.[/QUOTE]

This may or may not be a noob question to ask, but how can they just take 90% off something? What would I have to ask the manager?

[quote name='Romeo']Found only one game today that was price req'd, Enslave for PS3. The clerk said "I can charge whatever I want... How's $2-3?". I retorted with "how's $1?". He said sure.[/QUOTE]

thats redicalous.

the kmart I went to had jack crap.

[quote name='MasaTFC']thats redicalous.

the kmart I went to had jack crap.[/QUOTE]

It was THE only game I found that dropped, spent about 15 minutes there searching two areas. Checked four total kmarts in the past week, I found ONE game in one store.

not a big drop but i found one

:ps3: fallout: new vegas ultimate edition 29.99 (from 49.99)

i saw a fable 3 but i dont have a 360 anymore so i passed. i did see some fear 3 copys that i didnt scan. if i get them for a 1$ or so that would be sweet as they are worth around 5$ at gamestop

[quote name='StryderOmega']I happened to skim by Rage for PS3. Decided not to even bother with it since I hated it and I don't play my ps3 ever. Worth even spending $2? Nope.[/QUOTE]

Rage was an awesome game, ID could have definitely made the campaign longer, but overall it was a great game (in my opinion of course)

I saw one
Nintendo Nintendo 3DS (Flame Red) with Super Mario 3D Land (download?)

I think it might have been from a Black Friday special. Does anyone know if this bundle is clearance? Thanks!

[quote name='strait edge follower']not a big drop but i found one

:ps3: fallout: new vegas ultimate edition 29.99 (from 49.99)

i saw a fable 3 but i dont have a 360 anymore so i passed. i did see some fear 3 copys that i didnt scan. if i get them for a 1$ or so that would be sweet as they are worth around 5$ at gamestop[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Gtfo.

[quote name='TKSJOHN']Rage was an awesome game, ID could have definitely made the campaign longer, but overall it was a great game (in my opinion of course)[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. Not only did I think it was a great step for modern iD. But the game looked amazing. At the time nothing else looked like Rage on any console. The art design was unreal. MAybe the FPS was a tad linear but thats how most games are these days.

[quote name='strait edge follower']not a big drop but i found one

:ps3: fallout: new vegas ultimate edition 29.99 (from 49.99)[/quote]

^ I think that's currently $29.99 (for all platforms) at GameStop anyway. You can also get pre-owned copies for a few dollars less, especially with the PowerUp discount.

[quote name='The Acacia Strain']Dry run for me. I did spot the Zelda bundle some people were asking about for $29.99.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Punisher']what zelda bundle?[/QUOTE]

I think he meant to say the GoldenEye 007 bundle that dropped to $29.99.

[quote name='xDerekRx']I totally agree. Not only did I think it was a great step for modern iD. But the game looked amazing. At the time nothing else looked like Rage on any console. The art design was unreal. MAybe the FPS was a tad linear but thats how most games are these days.[/QUOTE]

I played through Rage on the PC, and it was a blast! The only bad thing about Rage is the ending. I hope the DLC goes cheap soon. I'm going to take a look at my local Kmart tomorrow, and see if I can find anything. I'll post if I find anything worth while.

[quote name='xDerekRx']I totally agree. Not only did I think it was a great step for modern iD. But the game looked amazing. At the time nothing else looked like Rage on any console. The art design was unreal. MAybe the FPS was a tad linear but thats how most games are these days.[/QUOTE]

I don't get this, what? RAGE looked like every other FPS game coming out around that time. And also at that same time BF 3 was right around the corner, so... Wut?

Multiplayer: was ok. Think death race with pitfalls.

Co-op: spin off of single player missions that kind of expand the story in certain ways.

Single player:

Controls were good. Homing boomerang thing was WAY O.P. Annoying missable collectables (come on this was 2011. Not 96.) Retardly hidden Easter eggs. (Really? How would you possibly guess some of these?) Repetitive enemies. (The entire game has the same enemies throughout.) and the story made no sense whatsoever. Especially that horrible horrible ending.

The game also bombed and plummeted in price as fast as LBP karting.

Apparently the old clamshell Microsoft points cards are out of system. I spotted one tucked away behind a halo reach ce in the bottom of a case. Got it for $5. (90% off, it was a 4000 space bux card)

[quote name='OscillatingFerret']Apparently the old clamshell Microsoft points cards are out of system. I spotted one tucked away behind a halo reach ce in the bottom of a case. Got it for $5. (90% off, it was a 4000 space bux card)[/QUOTE]

Anything that was part of the fall drop is not active any longer. You got lucky, I paid around $30 for that back in October.

[quote name='OscillatingFerret']Apparently the old clamshell Microsoft points cards are out of system. I spotted one tucked away behind a halo reach ce in the bottom of a case. Got it for $5. (90% off, it was a 4000 space bux card)[/QUOTE]

I wish I was that lucky! Awesome find!

Victorious Kinect game for $4.97 (rang up as check shelf, had a sticker for $4.97).

She's legal now... so I have added her to my list. The game is probably crap, but I like Kinect dancing games. :)

Didn't find anything at my store. They had Singstar Queen for $2.99, and some PSP accesories(charging cable) for 99 cents I believe. Picked up a dental kit so my trip wasn't in vain. They also moved the Halo Reach Legendary Edition to the clearance shelf, but didn't scan them.

[quote name='StryderOmega']I don't get this, what? RAGE looked like every other FPS game coming out around that time. And also at that same time BF 3 was right around the corner, so... Wut?

Multiplayer: was ok. Think death race with pitfalls.

Co-op: spin off of single player missions that kind of expand the story in certain ways.

Single player:

Controls were good. Homing boomerang thing was WAY O.P. Annoying missable collectables (come on this was 2011. Not 96.) Retardly hidden Easter eggs. (Really? How would you possibly guess some of these?) Repetitive enemies. (The entire game has the same enemies throughout.) and the story made no sense whatsoever. Especially that horrible horrible ending.

The game also bombed and plummeted in price as fast as LBP karting.[/QUOTE]

Graphically speaking he's right. No other FPS looked that good when it came out and most reviews pointed it out. Not sure if that's why he said it or it was purely from personal experience, but he's definitely not the only one to feel that way.

But the other things you mentioned did hold it back from being the title it should have been.

Only thing I seen was Fable III, and I was one of the suckers who bought it at Black Friday for $45. Never buying another Fable game again.

I've hit up two K-Mart's so far. The two I went to were pretty run down. I am guessing the flea marketers have done bought everything there is to make money off of. I'd be thrilled to find a copy of Rage cheap. Just something about a $2 game in plastic that makes the hunt worth it. There is bound to be one deal out there for me.

when i go to scan those copys of fear 3 im gonna see what else is left. ill check dragon age 2 to see if it dropped more and ill also see what my kmart has in that 70% off clearance shelf. hope some new stuff is there :)

My Kmart had plenty copies of Rage for PS3 - I had the woman scan one, and it wasn't giving a price (as has been said in this thread). She then said she sell it for $10. I laughed.

[quote name='Chinese_cuisine']Went to a Kmart store to check the psp 3000 deal people's been posting and the worker tells me to go to GameStop -.-[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me lol

Got tons on toys/vtech stuff for $1 each, huge toy clearance sale. I love the cashiers face when something marked $25 rings up a $1 :)

[quote name='strait edge follower']when i go to scan those copys of fear 3 im gonna see what else is left. ill check dragon age 2 to see if it dropped more and ill also see what my kmart has in that 70% off clearance shelf. hope some new stuff is there :)[/QUOTE]

You gonna trade the stuff in to gamestop for a whopping $3 profit? Lol amateurs. Sorry but ive noticed in every thread I see you in your always talking about flipping a game for a measly profit. Almost as annoying as that velo chick.

Picked up a PSP go AV cable for .99 and there was a whole bunch of accessories for other consoles, for 3ds and others for same price.

[quote name='lude21']You gonna trade the stuff in to gamestop for a whopping $3 profit? Lol amateurs. Sorry but ive noticed in every thread I see you in your always talking about flipping a game for a measly profit. Almost as annoying as that velo chick.[/QUOTE]

LOL, u just noticed it?

[quote name='lude21']You gonna trade the stuff in to gamestop for a whopping $3 profit? Lol amateurs. Sorry but ive noticed in every thread I see you in your always talking about flipping a game for a measly profit. Almost as annoying as that velo chick.[/QUOTE]

amateurs ? please lol. i go to kmart for more than just games you know. if i can buy a bunch of games for a buck and get 4$ profit for each than why not ? this acually gives me something to use these measly 3$ rewards coupons that they email me and i dont have to drive around to do it or anything. no big deal for me as far as im concerned. people get upset about the smallest things these days. :)

as for the deals im hoping that goldeneye bundle hits below 20$ soon, my girlfriend could use that pro controller and this is a good way to get it

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chefgamer']picked up a PSP Go 2 day that was out of the system for 19.99[/QUOTE]

If only I could've seen the cashier's face when they sold it to you. What a steal! I need to move away because my Kmarts never have anything worth while.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']If only I could've seen the cashier's face when they sold it to you. What a steal! I need to move away because my Kmarts never have anything worth while.[/QUOTE]

She did not know what to ring it up as call a manager and a manager told her to do 90 percent off she said to the person on the phone oh that's gonna make him happy

[quote name='chefgamer']She did not know what to ring it up as call a manager and a manager told her to do 90 percent off she said to the person on the phone oh that's gonna make him happy[/QUOTE]

Even better. I don't want a PSP Go, but I can't say no to cheap tech. Good find sir. The clearance game isn't for me, lol. I always go to my Kmarts expecting some great deals, and I end up leaving empty handed. I do find some deals here and there so I'm not too upset.

Damn, I was going to check Kmart tonight but was stuck at NTB after work for 2 hours...... for an oil change. :censored: They have a white Go that has been there for years, I guess the race is on to get to it first.

i scaned the fear 3's which were pennied out but the manager was giving me 14.99 for the pennied out games, no thank you lol. my kmart also has no vitas/vita games, just some accessories. are other kmarts like this ? hope they clearance out the vita usb cords. i also hope my kmart restocks vita stuff so there can be sales for the games :)

[quote name='strait edge follower']i scaned the fear 3's which were pennied out but the manager was giving me 14.99 for the pennied out games, no thank you lol. my kmart also has no vitas/vita games, just some accessories. are other kmarts like this ? hope they clearance out the vita usb cords. i also hope my kmart restocks vita stuff so there can be sales for the games :)[/QUOTE]

After you left. The Manager will pick up your game for $0.01 :)

Checked in tonight, nothing great. Saw DS pen stylus & screen protector kit for $5 and universal game selector for $4. Figure I can use these for the 3DS I grabbed from Sears for $75.

Did notice the Flingsmash bundle on sale for $29.xx. Was hoping it had hit clearance.

bread's done
Back