New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

I mean, obviously not everyone who works there sucks. I think I do a pretty decent job :razz:. But I seriously do understand everyone trashing the store, but it's not entirely the employees fault. The store is not nearly staffed well enough, as there typically only three people on the entire sales floor at any given time. So if you have to wait around to get a price check, it's not necessarily that the employee is super lazy, but rather that he's too busy to wait around in electronics for somebody to show up to buy something - he has multiple departments he's covering that day. I wish we could have people who specialized in each and every department, but it's simply not in our budget. Obviously an employee shouldn't complain or be visibly annoyed about doing a price check, but that's really on the specific employee rather then Kmart employees in general. My Kmart's video game section is actually pretty well maintained, but I know how bad others can be - no prices, old tags, very little order etc. As for the "filthy environment", it again depends on your store. I know there are probably more bad stores than good ones, but we're not all that bad. ;)

As for Shop Your Way Rewards, I really don't see anything wrong with it. It's free, they constantly throw free money at you in surprise points, they give you points for every item you buy, and some of the coupons you get for it are really good. Over the summer, I bought Madden 25 and Pikmin 3, and ended up with $65 in points to spend on anything in the store. It really is a great system if you know what you're doing.

Don't hate on the rewards system, it's amazing. Got a free copy of New Leaf and a $9 copy of ALBW in the last month. Yeah the people that work there suck but that's why I avoid them if possible.
The problem is that a lot of games are locked behind a cage so I have to ask someone for help. I'm not blaming the floor associates, though. Obviously a management/corporate problem. And the points system, for me at least, is just too complicated. I had to call customer service to even have the points deposited into my account from the AC/DKR thing. Then, when I try to use them in store, I'm told I need a pin # if the purchase is over $10. I never got one, so I had call and have someone text that to me. God forbid I want to return or exchange something. In my earlier CAG days I'd be up for it. Now I'd rather just spend the extra money elsewhere and be done with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly all I found was a Steel Diver for $5, no Pilot Wings or Starfox.

I wanted Animal Crossing but the two people standing in area didn't have a key, that guy was all the way in the front of the store, I saw him when I was leaving to get a bus, even though he paged three times for someone else.

The problem is that a lot of games are locked behind a cage so I have to ask someone for help. I'm not blaming the floor associates, though. Obviously a management/corporate problem. And the points system, for me at least, is just too complicated. I had to call customer service to even have the points deposited into my account from the AC/DKR thing. Then, when I try to use them in store, I'm told I need a pin # if the purchase is over $10. I never got one, so I had call and have someone text that to me. God forbid I want to return or exchange something. In my earlier CAG days I'd be up for it. Now I'd rather just spend the extra money elsewhere and be done with it.
Or you logged into your account on the website where the PIN is displayed and easily changed in two seconds? Sounds like a user error problem to me. ;)

Or you logged into your account on the website where the PIN is displayed and easily changed in two seconds? Sounds like a user error problem to me. ;)
I was in the store (checking out) at this point. Had I known I could simply pull up the site on my phone I would have. Why are you defending them? Didn't you have to return a bunch of crap last week due to their incompetence? A $9 LBW is all it takes to win you over?!?!

I was in the store (checking out) at this point. Had I known I could simply pull up the site on my phone I would have. Why are you defending them? Didn't you have to return a bunch of crap last week due to their incompetence? A $9 LBW is all takes to win you over?!?!
The employee's incompetence is not equal to the rewards program though. I have gotten more free money from them than I have spent in the last year, so yeah that's about all it takes to win me over. :D

If anyone find a star fox, I'm willing to pay 15 shipped or trade for it.

crysis 3 (ps3), paper Mario 3ds, re: revelations (3ds) or something else pM. There all sealed as well.

The employee's incompetence is not equal to the rewards program though. I have gotten more free money from them than I have spent in the last year, so yeah that's about all it takes to win me over. :D
K. Well, I'm happy it's worked out for you, but as I continue on this journey to ultimate CAGdom, I realize time and energy expended are just as valuable as the almighty AMY. Star Fox for $10 < Star Fox for $15 groupon deal w/ no hassle. ;)

Just came back from my K-Mart...unfort. no Vita games for $4.99 (or the golf game), didn't notice any new markdowns....weird that LA Noir is cheap at other stores at our store, still $19.99. But then again, I got Fuse for $4.99 last week and no one else has seen it at that price.

But a headsup for those who want "Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2" for DS, last week it was $29.99 and I priced it again and it was $14.99 today.   Not sure if it will go down again next week though.

Just came back from my Target...
Target or Kmart? Not trying to be a jerk, thought maybe you mistakenly posted in this clearance thread instead of Target's. Fuse has gone down in their system, but not to $4.99. I liked Insomniac's work with Resistance so I'm eager to try it.

Target or Kmart? Not trying to be a jerk, thought maybe you mistakenly posted in this clearance thread instead of Target's. Fuse has gone down in their system, but not to $4.99. I liked Insomniac's work with Resistance so I'm eager to try it.
Oops K-Mart, not Target [I can't use most of my cards right now because of Target].

But not sure if this helps for "Fuse", on the receipt it's listed as Overstrike

11471862956_38b64d453f_z.jpg

And for those who were asking about the Nintendo Case, it's on the left. Far right is for today's purchase of Dragon Quest Monsters 2

11471856415_fd2bfa2080_c.jpg

Picked up Star Fox 64 3D for 9.97. Thanks for all that posted the deal. 

Unfortunately didn't find anything that I wanted aside from this ^^^. 

Bought it at a Kmart located on Puerto Rico (Arecibo specifically) if there are any CAGs around here.

We do the best we can. Only make minimum wage, poorly trained due to high turnover, and so few of us to assist members which can get very stressful when trying to help 3+ people at the same time. Upper management is to blame for most issues people have in the store.

We do the best we can. Only make minimum wage, poorly trained due to high turnover, and so few of us to assist members which can get very stressful when trying to help 3+ people at the same time. Upper management is to blame for most issues people have in the store.
I know, and I'm sure there's people that try and that they are stretched over three plus departments at a time but at the stores around here the amount that are exceptionally disinterested is exceptionally high. Especially this time of year I can understand peons being poorly trained but then when a supervisor or manager isn't capable of helping them do basic tasks properly that's a bit much to me.

Just left my local Kmart and Hot Shots rang up for $19.99. There was no barcode or anything over the game so not sure why it wasn't $4.97.
I did get a MvC 3 for $9.99 so the trip want a total waste.

Stopped at the local store, found:

Starfox 64 3DS $10

Pilotwings Resort 3DS $5

Golden Sun Dark Dawn DS $5

There were still a few copies of Killzone 3, Michael Jackson Experience, 007 all PS3 at $5 each.

Also saw Kirby Return to Dreamland Wii and Rayman Origins PS3 in the case, will have to check tomorrow since there was nobody to be found.

Just left my local Kmart and Hot Shots rang up for $19.99. There was no barcode or anything over the game so not sure why it wasn't $4.97.I did get a MvC 3 for $9.99 so the trip want a total waste.
Yea, I know people claim it shouldn't be YMMV but at my local KMart it definitely seems to be. Some ring up at $4.97, and othere that should ring up at $19.97 still. Still found good deals and sometimes I find if I go back those games are eventually marked down lower, but from my experience its totally YMMV.

To my knowledge some of these clearances have to be manually activated at each store so the prices may not be the same from store to store.

Picked up the following today:

:ps3: Apache Air Assault $4.97

:ps3: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $4.99

:360: Top Spin 4 $4.97

:vita: Card Case $.50

The Operation Flashpoint rung without a price, but the manager present told the cashier to ring it up for $4.99.  At the time, I didn't think about it, but there were a few copies of Professor Layton & The Last Spectre on the floor that scanned as Out of the System.  I did go back to check, but the manager was gone & the cashier did not want to sell the game for anything else but the listed price ($29.99).

flingsmash with a black wii remote + was marked $29.97 on clearance at my store but rang up at $19.97. just a heads up

Everything that should be on clearance @ my closest store have those infuriating $19.99 and $14.99 stickers over the upc labels. I thought my local kmarts were going to continue to do clearance right.

I did pick up one item though: Presto  11'' Electric Skillet
Kmart  Item#  011W782514110001 | Model#  6620

Yeah, got the skillet that's on sale for $13.49. Since the gaming department has pretty much disappeared this may be the last time I set foot in a kmart until they go out of business.

To my knowledge some of these clearances have to be manually activated at each store so the prices may not be the same from store to store.
That's how it looks to me. Every single game listed here I scanned and they all came up $19.97(no value stickers added either) other than starfox and tomb raider trilogy which came up $9.97

Went a couple days ago, got:

Skyward Sword w/cd $34.97

Star Fox 64 3d $9.97 x2

Valkyria Chronicles 2 $14.97

Wii U pad cradle $3.97

MGS collection $9.97

Goldeneye w/gold classic controller $9.97 x2

Went again today after hearing about the vita clearance, tried Harvest Moon Tale of Two towns both  times, but it was out of the system and they tried to sell it to me for the marked $19.99. Hotshots golf for vita rang up at full price for me. That trip was a bust :(

MGS and one of the starfoxes are up for trade.

Went a couple days ago, got:
Skyward Sword w/cd $34.97
Star Fox 64 3d $9.97 x2
Valkyria Chronicles 2 $14.97
Wii U pad cradle $3.97
MGS collection $9.97
Goldeneye w/gold classic controller $9.97 x2

Went again today after hearing about the vita clearance, tried Harvest Moon Tale of Two towns both times, but it was out of the system and they tried to sell it to me for the marked $19.99. Hotshots golf for vita rang up at full price for me. That trip was a bust :(

MGS and one of the starfoxes are up for trade.

I have a dumb question, are Kmarts deals usually YMMV or are they usually on a widespread level?

Im just asking because I might try and take a trip to Kmart to get Star Fox.

soxxx said:
I have a dumb question, are Kmarts deals usually YMMV or are they usually on a widespread level?

Im just asking because I might try and take a trip to Kmart to get Star Fox.
I would consider Kmart clearance deals to be "widespread". Any clearance deals posted on these forums apply to my stores in the Cleveland, OH area. However, these deals are CLEARANCE so in that regard, stores in your area may or may not have the items that people are talking about.

I picked up a few copies of Hot Shots Golf last night for myself and relatives. I went to 3 stores that are all near by. two stores each had 1 copy and another store was sold out. None of the stores I went to had any of the Wipeout games in stock. So Kmart stock is YMMV.

I would consider Kmart clearance deals to be "widespread". Any clearance deals posted on these forums apply to my stores in the Cleveland, OH area. However, these deals are CLEARANCE so in that regard, stores in your area may or may not have the items that people are talking about.

I picked up a few copies of Hot Shots Golf last night for myself and relatives. I went to 3 stores that are all near by. two stores each had 1 copy and another store was sold out. None of the stores I went to had any of the Wipeout games in stock. So Kmart stock is YMMV.
Just because they appear on your store does not make it true. You are NOT everyone nor have you visited other Kmarts in the US.

The reality based on my shopping with them is:

1) Clearance prices have to be entered at each store, it's not a system wide drop, so they have to do it manually. Depending on how slow your Kmart is dropping prices you might not see same price.

2) A game can price drop, but if your Kmart puts another UPC barcode on top of the original one you won't get clearance price. They seem to clearance original UPC codes only.

------

I wen tot my walking distance Kmart and they had 0 Vita games, I could have sworn I saw a few about a month ago.

I think the price drops tend to be more universal, actually. Not saying that something isn't done on the store level, but it seems a lot of us have been able to get in on these. 

what three stores and did you see any star fox 3ds?

Was able to grab the following:

Goldeneye 007 w/controller-$9.97
Starfox 64 3DS. (X2)-$9.97
LA Noire-$4.97
Wipeout 2048-$4.97

Was some others I'm going to go back and check on when I get a chance. Employee was super busy and was patient enough to price check a lot of games for me so thought I'd wait to check some other games.... Off the top of my head Pokepark or Kirby Return To Dreamland. If anyone has checked any of those please let me know what they ring up as.

Scanned a few games at the K-Mart in Ontario, CA.

:360: Castlevania Lords of Shadow (big box?) - $44.75 [Has clearance sticker]

:360: Fuse (Overstrike) - $19.99 

:ds: Easy Piano - $4.99 [might go back for this one, comes with a peripheral of a mini piano for the GB slot]

:3ds: Steel Diver - $4.99 [Picked this one up]

:ps3: God of War Collection - $19.99 [1 and 2]

:pc:  The Witcher 2 - $4.99

Most of their games have been taken out of the case and put on the shelves across from it. There was a Ratchet and Clank and Rayman Origins game that I should have scanned but they were rattling in the box and I was afraid of what the disc might've looked like if I ended up getting it. 

johnston306 said:
what three stores and did you see any star fox 3ds?
I went to brookpark, middleburg hts and 150th but I was looking for vita not Nintendo so I cannot answer your question. I would recommend brookpark store of the three because I've gotten lucky there before and they have the most stock IMO of the three.

Carlanga said:
Just because they appear on your store does not make it true. You are NOT everyone nor have you visited other Kmarts in the US.
The reality based on my shopping with them is:
1) Clearance prices have to be entered at each store, it's not a system wide drop, so they have to do it manually. Depending on how slow your Kmart is dropping prices you might not see same price.
2) A game can price drop, but if your Kmart puts another UPC barcode on top of the original one you won't get clearance price. They seem to clearance original UPC codes only.

------
I wen tot my walking distance Kmart and they had 0 Vita games, I could have sworn I saw a few about a month ago.
Well, I have in the past traveled throughout my state and hit numerous KMarts in OH and found the clearance prices to match what's being posted by other CAGS across the country.
Maybe your Kmart is the exception to the rule and doesn't follow whatever protocol the chain has set up.
I wouldn't expect them to clearance a game with a UPC that doesn't match the original. The only time I've encountered this type of thing is with the $14 and $19 dollar games which are treated differently.
If someone is interested in a Kmart clearance deal and debating about traveling to their local store they have a much better chance of getting that price at their store (assuming it's in stock) then if we were discussing a Target or Walmart clearance deal because those are highly YMMV and two stores within a mile or two from each other could have different prices.

Someone asked a question and I gave them my opinion and I stand by it.

Checked out 2 stores today. These may be repeats but here is what I saw:

:wii: Goldeneye 007 Controller Bundle $9.97

:wii: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword with CD $34.97

:ds: The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks $9.97

:3ds: Harvest Moon 3D: Tale of Two Towns $4.97 (did not scan but was labeled with a clearance tag)

:360: Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 $5.00

:ps3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection $9.97

:ps3: Top Spin 4 $4.97

:ps3: Nascar 2011 $5.00

:ps3: Motorstorm Apocalypse $4.97

:ps3: Rayman Origins $9.99 (on sale)

If anyone comes across an extra Spirit Tracks and is interested in trading for a game they couldn't get, or possibly selling it at a small mark up shoot me a PM.

bread's done
Back