New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

I have to stop bothering with Kmart. Every time I see stuff on here I think "hmm maybe my kmart might have one of these deals" but no, never. My kmart sucks. The only thing I found last night was a 3ds "elite" carry case similar to the one you guys were trading in to amazon but not the actual one so it was worthless.
Mine's worthless cause I'll check one day, next day someone will post about an item I saw with 3-4 copies left, I'll head back immediately and it'll be gone. Must be some annoying reselling CAG near me.

Finally got to KMart and was able to find the following:

Tomb Raider Trilogy $4
Skylanders PS3 $7.50
Blur PS3 $3.99
Golden Sun $3.49
XMen Destiny $4.99

The clerk knows me from being in their a lot. When he saw Tomb Raider he said lucky he overlooked it cause he wanted it. I ended up letting him have it cause he's always marked down the check shelf games, will scan or search the system for any game I ask about, and I figure it's a great investment for future drops possibly. He ended up giving me Golden Sun for $3.49 after even tho you could tell someone ripped the re-priced sticker over UPC off it.

Edit: Has anyone reported Blur on clearance? Just curious cause I knew the others were discounted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine's worthless cause I'll check one day, next day someone will post about an item I saw with 3-4 copies left, I'll head back immediately and it'll be gone. Must be some annoying reselling CAG near me.
LOL, people always say this. I've yet to see the elusive "el hoardo"!

Finally got to KMart and was able to find the following:

Tomb Raider Trilogy $4
Skylanders PS3 $7.50
Blur PS3 $3.99
Golden Sun $3.49
XMen Destiny $4.99

The clerk knows me from being in their a lot. When he saw Tomb Raider he said lucky he overlooked it cause he wanted it. I ended up letting him have it cause he's always marked down the check shelf games, will scan or search the system for any game I ask about, and I figure it's a great investment for future drops possibly. He ended up giving me Golden Sun for $3.49 after even tho you could tell someone ripped the re-priced sticker over UPC off it.
Blur? Haven't seen that in a store for a few years! I recall it being my first deal on CAG, $10 at BB after store coupon and publisher coupon 1 month after release (June 2010). There are actually still a handful people online as of a month ago!

Blur? Haven't seen that in a store for a few years! I recall it being my first deal on CAG, $10 at BB after store coupon and publisher coupon 1 month after release (June 2010). There are actually still a handful people online as of a month ago!
I thought they shut the online down last year. Regardless I think a sealed copy of that was worth a pretty penny last I looked as it was Bizzare's last game. It's also really quite good, like Mario Kart with real cars.

I only saw the beast once. Cleaning out all the games at a BBV during one of the B1G1 sales.
LOL, I don't doubt that their existence, I'm just surprised I've never run into one. You know, often time it's probably cheaper for a local shop owner to buy from a big box retailer than directly from a distributor. Might explain why some people resort to hoarding.

I thought they shut the online down last year. Regardless I think a sealed copy of that was worth a pretty penny last I looked as it was Bizzare's last game. It's also really quite good, like Mario Kart with real cars.
Yep, I was pretty stoked to find it. Only copy left too :( my store actually had games on the counter for $5 and under. Guy I mentioned above said they put them out earlier in the week so was really surprised it was still there.

I didn't think it had been listed but wasn't sure.

One thing I forgot to post, the clerk told me the 3 month Xbox Live cards were on sale because they had expiration dates. Tagged at $12.50 he said they should ring at $7.49. I didn't need one so didn't pay much attention to that but figured I should post it for others to check out. If what he said is right it's probably very YMMV because it would need to be old cards about to expire. 

Oh, btw, I forgot to mention the wii carrying cases are marked down to 2.50 as well. I picked one up to store mine in, though I highly doubt I'd take it anywhere, lol. And, no, @gameboy, there is no trade-in value. 

Also...PS3 sharpshooter and Udraw tablet were $5.

One thing I forgot to post, the clerk told me the 3 month Xbox Live cards were on sale because they had expiration dates. Tagged at $12.50 he said they should ring at $7.49. I didn't need one so didn't pay much attention to that but figured I should post it for others to check out. If what he said is right it's probably very YMMV because it would need to be old cards about to expire.
these have an expiration date? i never heard of that before. they were stickered on the card? and where on the card would it have the date?

Yeah, anyone in CT the Manchester, CT got re-tagged. One Harvest Moon rang up not in the system and wasn't going to lie to the Cashier saying it was $2. Oh well, I'll keep my eye here to see when things get re-marked down.

They had Top Spin 4 for $5 still but I passed. Otherwise looks like el hoardo/Christmas shoppers grabbed most of the good stuff over the last two months.

these have an expiration date? i never heard of that before. they were stickered on the card? and where on the card would it have the date?
TBH, IDK. That's what the clerk said. He normally knows what he's talking about. I noticed they were in a plastic case so they couldn't be taken. Like they were pre-authorized??? The other thing I noticed was it had the Netflix icon on it. Next time I'm there I'll pick one up if they still have any.

TBH, IDK. That's what the clerk said. He normally knows what he's talking about. I noticed they were in a plastic case so they couldn't be taken. Like they were pre-authorized??? The other thing I noticed was it had the Netflix icon on it. Next time I'm there I'll pick one up if they still have any.
hmmmm. interesting :whistle2:k

so the cards are in a plastic case themselves? I shall look for ones with a Netflix icon, but honestly I have struck out a lot in the last two weeks at local Kmarts so I am not holding my breath. I am gonna say this is Super YMMV since they are probably old ass cards

Picked up both the vita cradle and wii u cradle for 2.47 each..I'm trying to find a cheap 2 dollar wii game to replace a case of mine but can't find any anywhere seems all the oos games have been removed from the floor at my local kmart

Man i regret not picking up that wii travel case for $2.47 now. I did however find 3 of the elite travel cases at a sears for $5 each! Gonna trade 2 into amazon and keep one since it's actually kinda nice. The clerk there also told me that the shitty alpha line cases were being clearanced at .97 and he told me to buy them and sell them on ebay. Lol he said he would've done it himself but he'd get in trouble. I said why not and picked up 4 of them, now i have to figure out what to do with them lol. $20.11 for everything ain't that bad though.

hmmmm. interesting :whistle2:k

so the cards are in a plastic case themselves? I shall look for ones with a Netflix icon, but honestly I have struck out a lot in the last two weeks at local Kmarts so I am not holding my breath. I am gonna say this is Super YMMV since they are probably old ass cards
Yea it came in a plastic security case, I'm sure it's YMMV, even more than normal. Admittedly, I now live in a part of the country that is typically behind on Technology so these type of things not selling isn't a surprise. Honestly, I wish I would have looked closer if for no other reason to provide details to others. I'm also wondering if it was an accessory (Flash Drive) that just happened to have a 3month Live card included.

LOL, people always say this. I've yet to see the elusive "el hoardo"!
I have, the guy bought 2 shopping carts full of clearance and check shelf games, all $5 and under. Last week another 2 overloaded carts full of 75% off clearance toys. I think this guy makes a living out of it, told by another employee he sells them on Amazon.

I have to be quick to get whatever I am interested in playing.

LOL, I don't doubt that their existence, I'm just surprised I've never run into one. You know, often time it's probably cheaper for a local shop owner to buy from a big box retailer than directly from a distributor. Might explain why some people resort to hoarding.
I, too, have seen el hoardo in its natural environment. I ran into one shopping once who, for some reason, decided to hang around me and point out what he was going to buy and brag about how much he was going to make reselling it. Very modest breed, el hoardo.

Actually, the people I know that work/worked the gaming section at Best Buy here have also identified an el hoardo and even know the order of the stores he hits. I actually came in once for a deal of the day after he cleaned them out, and they called the next closest store that had it in stock on the website for me knowing he would clean them out next, and sure enough...

Man i regret not picking up that wii travel case for $2.47 now. I did however find 3 of the elite travel cases at a sears for $5 each! Gonna trade 2 into amazon and keep one since it's actually kinda nice. The clerk there also told me that the shitty alpha line cases were being clearanced at .97 and he told me to buy them and sell them on ebay. Lol he said he would've done it himself but he'd get in trouble. I said why not and picked up 4 of them, now i have to figure out what to do with them lol. $20.11 for everything ain't that bad though.
So there also cheap at Sears??

For those who are wondering about the XBL cards expiring, I can confirm that giftcards at Kmart do indeed expire, though I've never seen us put them on sale before they're about to go bad. I honestly don't have any idea why it happens, but occasionally it does. The most recent thing I can remember is a whole stack of Outback Steakhouse giftcards refusing to scan, and me having to just tell the customer that there wasn't anything we could do, and directing them to the Outback that's in our plaza to get one  :shock:.

Definitely even more YMMV than usual, since you not only need to have a Kmart that has cards expiring, but one that knows that they are, and one that will discount them. I don't even know how you'd go about telling that it's going to expire, even with the RMU.

Picked up Patapon and Patapon 3 today for about $8 and some change total. I was interested in these when they came out but forgot about them.

Tagged at 4.99 a piece and since the Kmart I bought them at is closing I got an additional 25% off.

Also the Dance Central games with the 240 MS points in them are oos/csl if you find one without a generic UPC sticker. Picked up two for $1.99 each

Had another infuriating Kmart experience last Friday. Stopped by the run-down Kmart near my house to pick up a new snow shovel and some salt. Per usual, i swing by the Electronics Dept. looking for deals. In the overflow cabinet I spotted several games with the bright green Clearance stickers. One of them was Star Wars FU II Collector's Edition for $5!!!! I had the game once and traded it, but for $5 and all the bonus content, this was a great deal.

The employee retrieved it from the cabinet, I found the shovel I wanted and I headed to checkout.

While ringing up my items, the cashier asked if I wanted the protection plan for the game.

"It's only a $5 game, don't think I need it."

"Oh no, it's $49," she responded.

I protested that is marked 45 and that is the price they must sell it to me. She went to the Service counter and brought back a senior cashier, who stated it had been incorrectly priced. She scratched off the sticker right in front of me.

Again I protested that this is "bait & switch" and an illegal practice in MI. I complained that this is the second time this had happened at this store (last time was over a discounted copy of Minecraft 360 for $5). 

The older cashier again said it was a mistake, someone didn't know better. At this point I was so angry, I said, "Maybe you need to hire smarter employees then!" The younger cashier said something to the effect, "This is Kmart, what do you expect."

Had another infuriating Kmart experience last Friday. Stopped by the run-down Kmart near my house to pick up a new snow shovel and some salt. Per usual, i swing by the Electronics Dept. looking for deals. In the overflow cabinet I spotted several games with the bright green Clearance stickers. One of them was Star Wars FU II Collector's Edition for $5!!!! I had the game once and traded it, but for $5 and all the bonus content, this was a great deal.

The employee retrieved it from the cabinet, I found the shovel I wanted and I headed to checkout.

While ringing up my items, the cashier asked if I wanted the protection plan for the game.

I protested that is marked 45 and that is the price they must sell it to me. She went to the Service counter and brought back a senior cashier, who stated it had been incorrectly priced. She scratched off the sticker right in front of me.

Again I protested that this is "bait & switch" and an illegal practice in MI. I complained that this is the second time this had happened at this store (last time was over a discounted copy of Minecraft 360 for $5).

The older cashier again said it was a mistake, someone didn't know better. At this point I was so angry, I said, "Maybe you need to hire smarter employees then!" The younger cashier said something to the effect, "This is Kmart, what do you expect."
That is absolutely illegal in the state of MI. I would contact the state's Attorney General's office and file a complaint, especially if they've done this multiple times. Which store was this so I don't make the mistake of going there?

Wow, that is absolutely ridiculous. I would actually complain to someone higher up the ladder. To my understanding, that is in fact illegal ( I live in MI as well), but any decent store would admit the mistake. You should call the district office in some manner.

which kmart? I've stopped at one in Houghton Lake while downstate. This exact thing happened to me too

Got some incompetent employees there. The game was priced right by the Electronics Associate so at least someone knows what they are doing there. I would have demanded to talk to a manager. Also on your receipt there is a website you can go to rate your shopping experience. Getting negative responses there is a big deal there at least at my store it is. Also dont use your "Shop Your Way" membership when checking out with employees like that, that hurts them. Doing all this helps trim the bad employees from the store.

Yeah, it's not bait and switch because they didn't say it wasn't unavailable, and they didn't try to sell you on something similar or more expensive. They just said they made a mistake and wouldn't sell it for the price that was put on it. I'm not saying that it was right for them to do that, and you probably could have gotten what you wanted if you had asked for a manager, but it isn't bait and switch. Again, it might be illegal where you guys are, but you're using the wrong term.

Here's a great little piece on what bait and switch actually is:

http://consumerist.com/2007/04/11/what-is-the-bait-and-switch-and-when-is-it-illegal/ 

Well dammit I just realized I had passed on a Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 for $10 and I just checked ebay prices. It was on a table of other clearance stuff, and the store was 2 hours away so I'm guessing it's definitely long gone by now.

A couple more notes:

Keep an eye out at Kmart if you need boxes for shipping those DS cases.  I got two today from toys they were putting out that fit perfectly.

Also, the Dance Central w/240 spacebux trade in decently a couple places. (no. not posting where until I get rid of mine)

which kmart? I've stopped at one in Houghton Lake while downstate. This exact thing happened to me too
I've had something similar happen. A game actually tagged at the wrong price is a bit more blatant, though. In my case, some employee actually put the store's whole stock of Puppeteer in the $19.99 bin at the front of the store during its release week. It, of course, rang up full price at the register...followed by an electronics employee coming up, asking me to show him, and then quickly grabbing them and running off with an "oops...sorry...someone messed up". Haha. Oh well.

I've had something similar happen. A game actually tagged at the wrong price is a bit more blatant, though. In my case, some employee actually put the store's whole stock of Puppeteer in the $19.99 bin at the front of the store during its release week. It, of course, rang up full price at the register...followed by an electronics employee coming up, asking me to show him, and then quickly grabbing them and running off with an "oops...sorry...someone messed up". Haha. Oh well.
That's drastically different than a game having an actual price tag on it though.

Found 2 skylanders spyros adventure ps3, 2 glee volume 2 bundles, and a ds case this morning. I was hoping for a ps3 new owners kit but there were none to be found.

bread's done
Back