New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

Why would you rip the stickers off? That's fraud. Those games were purchased by Kmart to sell at the value price, they were not future clearance games.

[quote name='J7.']Why would you rip the stickers off? That's fraud. Those games were purchased by Kmart to sell at the value price, they were not future clearance games.[/QUOTE]
I've heard something about that, but I don't really get it. Not like it matters, since they're all the same game. If you need more evidence of that, just take a look at how all of the games, even the ones on clearance before, and don;t have the "value" tag, are still now of the "value" price.

[quote name='Fukurou']I've heard something about that, but I don't really get it. Not like it matters, since they're all the same game. If you need more evidence of that, just take a look at how all of the games, even the ones on clearance before, and don;t have the "value" tag, are still now of the "value" price.[/QUOTE]

Don't rip off UPC stickers, or 'Value Stickers'. This retarded company has enough fucking problems, without people stealing from them. They bought these games at separate prices, to sell at separate prices. Taking the UPCs off screws up their inventory, and they'll have to show a loss for both the game you stole, and the game that you bought it in place of. Don't be a fucking dipshit.

Going to check asap, but it's confirmed that Portal 2 is back to normal price? Sucks that I probably missed out on a great Christmas present but I'll just have to keep checking here more often!

[quote name='thehoweller']Don't rip off UPC stickers, or 'Value Stickers'. This retarded company has enough fucking problems, without people stealing from them. They bought these games at separate prices, to sell at separate prices. Taking the UPCs off screws up their inventory, and they'll have to show a loss for both the game you stole, and the game that you bought it in place of. Don't be a fucking dipshit.[/QUOTE]

You have a lot of compassion for a multi-billion dollar company. Are you a stock holder, employee, or are just really invested in companies that barely pay their employees enough make a living?

Anyways, back on topic. Found LittleBigPlanet GOTY Collectors Pack (Game & Sackboy Plush) for $15 at my local K-Mart and a few $5 games that were listed as $19.99.

I talked to an employee at Kmart that had been there for over 20 years. Within the past year, they have cut her hours to around 34 a week, so they could avoid her being full-time and paying the benefits. Conveniently, she needed a foot surgery and didn't have insurance because Kmart cut her hours. Meanwhile, other employees get paid just over minimum wage. I personally could care less about the company, and while I don't think ripping off stickers is a generally approved practice, it serves them right.

[quote name='NeedMoreMoney']I talked to an employee at Kmart that had been there for over 20 years. Within the past year, they have cut her hours to around 34 a week, so they could avoid her being full-time and paying the benefits. Conveniently, she needed a foot surgery and didn't have insurance because Kmart cut her hours. Meanwhile, other employees get paid just over minimum wage. I personally could care less about the company, and while I don't think ripping off stickers is a generally approved practice, it serves them right.[/QUOTE]
Tch. This kind of thing should be against the law. Kmart will go under soon enough. The only thing it's good for is cheap clearance video games. You can get food and clothes from other places, so I won't miss this leech of a company when it goes.

[quote name='NeedMoreMoney']I talked to an employee at Kmart that had been there for over 20 years. Within the past year, they have cut her hours to around 34 a week, so they could avoid her being full-time and paying the benefits. Conveniently, she needed a foot surgery and didn't have insurance because Kmart cut her hours. Meanwhile, other employees get paid just over minimum wage. I personally could care less about the company, and while I don't think ripping off stickers is a generally approved practice, it serves them right.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Most major companies I could care less about Walmart, Kmart, and wouldn't care if someone stole millions from them. fuck them and their corporate greed.

However there are SOME very few companies who do pay a decent wage and some that donate to charities but most of the big ones treat their employees like less they're less than human.

Walmart used to take out life insurance policies on employees who they knew were going to die and then collect the money and didn't give a cent of it to their families. I'm not joking.

My god, that is absolutely insane. I hope they win millions, which will be like a couple of dollars to us. By the way, I meant to say "unapproved" practice at the end, but I could care less when I think about it more.

[quote name='Komentra']Agreed. Most major companies I could care less about Walmart, Kmart, and wouldn't care if someone stole millions from them. fuck them and their corporate greed.

However there are SOME very few companies who do pay a decent wage and some that donate to charities but most of the big ones treat their employees like less they're less than human.

Walmart used to take out life insurance policies on employees who they knew were going to die and then collect the money and didn't give a cent of it to their families. I'm not joking.[/QUOTE]
You know what's almost as bad? Those stupid people in the comments who can't blame, or can find anything wrong with what Walmart did. It's going to take a massive lawsuit to put Walmart under, but hopefully, it will collapse soon as well.

[quote name='Fukurou']You know what's almost as bad? Those stupid people in the comments who can't blame, or can find anything wrong with what Walmart did. It's going to take a massive lawsuit to put Walmart under, but hopefully, it will collapse soon as well.[/QUOTE]

I learned about it from some documentary I watched about Walmart on MSNBC (At least I think it was MSNBC) and they said they no longer do it. It was years ago supposedl but went on for awhile.

Unfortunately I don't see anything ever taking Walmart down.

[quote name='Komentra']I learned about it from some documentary I watched about Walmart on MSNBC (At least I think it was MSNBC) and they said they no longer do it. It was years ago supposedl but went on for awhile.

Unfortunately I don't see anything ever taking Walmart down.[/QUOTE]

Don't want to hijack the thread but I'm so tired of hearing how evil Walmart is. First of all, IMO the Walmart Co. is not evil it's the executives running it. It's a company and its only purpose is to make more $, just like almost any company in the world. And most executives don't care how they do it, just like everywhere else is the world. I'm an accountant for the past 20 years for several Fortune 500 co's and I've seen shit you wouldn't believe. It is the essence of capitalism, right or wrong.

There are a lot of people thankful for Walmart. I grew up in a one stoplight town (no joke) and you had to drive an hour to get to stores in the pre-internet era. Local mom & pop shops didn't have variety or selection and sure as hell didn't have deals/sales. Walmart had variety and things you would have to special order in a small town. For some people, shopping at Walmart is something to look forward to (sad but true).

I'm pro-worker and liberal but what's wrong with companies paying their employees minimum wage? It's not enough to live? Yeah I know, so what? They could pay their employees more and increase prices but this is a forumn for cheapasses so you wouldn't pay the jacked up prices to compensate the increased operating costs anyway.

Many of the retail employees working for these evil co's have no education. You guys are bitching about insurance, etc... but where the hell are these uneducated people going to work when Walmart/Kmart/whomever closes down?

It's very altruistic of you guys to be so concerned about the employees of these stores while your buying your $10 games. So what have you done to better their situation?

[quote name='juubei1i']Don't want to hijack the thread but I'm so tired of hearing how evil Walmart is. First of all, IMO the Walmart Co. is not evil it's the executives running it. It's a company and its only purpose is to make more $, just like almost any company in the world. And most executives don't care how they do it, just like everywhere else is the world. I'm an accountant for the past 20 years for several Fortune 500 co's and I've seen shit you wouldn't believe. It is the essence of capitalism, right or wrong.

There are a lot of people thankful for Walmart. I grew up in a one stoplight town (no joke) and you had to drive an hour to get to stores in the pre-internet era. Local mom & pop shops didn't have variety or selection and sure as hell didn't have deals/sales. Walmart had variety and things you would have to special order in a small town. For some people, shopping at Walmart is something to look forward to (sad but true).

I'm pro-worker and liberal but what's wrong with companies paying their employees minimum wage? It's not enough to live? Yeah I know, so what? They could pay their employees more and increase prices but this is a forumn for cheapasses so you wouldn't pay the jacked up prices to compensate the increased operating costs anyway.

Many of the retail employees working for these evil co's have no education. You guys are bitching about insurance, etc... but where the hell are these uneducated people going to work when Walmart/Kmart/whomever closes down?

It's very altruistic of you guys to be so concerned about the employees of these stores while your buying your $10 games. So what have you done to better their situation?[/QUOTE]

You can't seriously be siding with a company who (used) to take out insurance policies on employees to make a quick pay day. That has to be one of the worse possible things you can do as a company.

One of the richest companies in the world doesn't have to do something like that. That's something they chose to do and I imagine these are pretty intelligent people which makes it even worse considering they knew what they were doing and knew it was wrong.

And I don't understand why you're saying the executives is what's evil. Do their actions somehow not affect the portrayal of the company?

And yes, you're right. I am sure many people are very happy to have a job in this economy and they employee a lot of people but the fact is Walmart workers make 28% less than workers at other retailers.

Again, this is one of the richest companies in the entire world. They could easily afford to pay better wages if they wanted and still make a profit.
You can run a successful company and make a profit without having the attitude of it being "all about the money" and in Walmart's case they literally have no excuse.
These kind of actions are not about making a profit, it's not business, it's excessive greed and it's evil.

Sam Walton is surely rolling over in his grave.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='juubei1i']Don't want to hijack the thread but I'm so tired of hearing how evil Walmart is. First of all, IMO the Walmart Co. is not evil it's the executives running it. It's a company and its only purpose is to make more $, just like almost any company in the world. And most executives don't care how they do it, just like everywhere else is the world. I'm an accountant for the past 20 years for several Fortune 500 co's and I've seen shit you wouldn't believe. It is the essence of capitalism, right or wrong.

It's very altruistic of you guys to be so concerned about the employees of these stores while your buying your $10 games. So what have you done to better their situation?[/QUOTE]

ISome people fail to realize they have a choice in life. Androids. Running around miserable, complaining. Making others rich. As Earl Nightingale said: "All one as to do is create". There will, always, be those looking for an excuse. And...that is why a microscopic fraction has the majority of the money.

What's wrong with taking out an insurance policy on someone as long as you don't cause their death? AIDS patients were selling their policies for pennies on the dollar to large investment firms, then the drugs for extended life with AIDS caught up and the investment firms are caught holding the bag as AIDS patients can live several decades now. Its a gamble.

[quote name='egofed']What's wrong with taking out an insurance policy on someone as long as you don't cause their death? AIDS patients were selling their policies for pennies on the dollar to large investment firms, then the drugs for extended life with AIDS caught up and the investment firms are caught holding the bag as AIDS patients can live several decades now. Its a gamble.[/QUOTE]

The company was SECRETLY taking the policies out on their employees

an example from a documentary was an $85,000 policy on a woman that iced cakes at the time she did not make nearly that much per year.

A good book on Walmart is the "Walmart Effect". Not pro or anti walmart, just informative.

Recently, Peter Suderman was a guest on an MSNBC Show. He talked with Chris Hayes. The next day, he rehashed a lot of his conversation in twitter format. It follows:

Really enjoyed talking Walmart and Black Friday on @upwithchris [MSNBC’s Chris Hayes] this morning. I’m going to add a few stray observations on twitter.

1. Walmart’s customer base is heavily concentrated in the bottom income quintile, which spends heavily on food.
2.The bottom income quintile spends about 25 percent of income on food compared to just 3.5 percent for the top quintile.
3. So the benefits of Walmart’s substantially lower prices to the lowest earning cohort are huge, especially on food.
4. Obama adviser Jason Furman has estimated the welfare boost of Walmart’s low food prices alone is about $50b a year.
5. Walmart’s wages are about average for retail. Not amazing. But not the worst either.
6. Paying Walmart’s workers more would mean the money has to come from somewhere. But where?
7. Erase the Walmart CEO’s entire salary, and you can raise average hourly wages by just a penny or so.
8. Erase the entire Walton family fortune and you get an average $1/hour boost to Walmart workers.
9. Raise prices to pay for increased wages and you cut into the store’s huge low-price benefits for the poor. It’s regressive.
10. But what about Costco? They pay more, right? Yes, but it’s a different, smaller market.
11. Walmart’s average customer earns roughly $35k. Costco’s average customer earns about $75k.
12. Costco only has about half as many employees as Walmart. What would happen if Walmart adopted a Costco model and shrank to Costco size?
13. Not at all clear that the remaining half of Walmart workers would be better off. Many would almost certainly be worse off. Unemployed.
14. Obama econ adviser Jason Furman did a lot of the work on Walmart’s progressive benefits. His case: slate.me/R3bkc2
15. Finally, as someone who’s actually been a regular, small-town Walmart shopper, I’d like to argue for its community benefits.
16. Yes, some small stores close when Walmart opens. But in small towns, Walmart can become real community hubs – more so, because of size.
17. As for Walmart workers getting health benefits thru Medicaid, that’s due in part to a policy liberals argued for: wapo.st/axXXNE

[quote name='salty tbone']So ... has anyone noticed any Kmart clearance?[/QUOTE]

Each K-Mart is different. Best bet is to grab every single game you're interested in that has a yellow sticker and taking it to a scan machine. That's what I do at least.
I've heard people in this thread mention that they print out the UPC's and just take that to scanning machine. However, I do not know where to print out these UPC's so if anyone has a link to that I'd appreciate it.

Scored me a collectors pack of littlebigplanet for $15 last week at my local kmart and you don't know jack for $5 for 360. Figured the last one would be fun for me and the wife and it's fun for $5.

[quote name='jimijumper']wow...a little off topic this thread has become..[/QUOTE]

Lol, yeah. It's partly my fault. I didn't mean for that to happen. Strong feelings I suppose. Back on topic now though. :)

[quote name='Komentra']You can't seriously be siding with a company who (used) to take out insurance policies on employees to make a quick pay day. That has to be one of the worse possible things you can do as a company.And I don't understand why you're saying the executives is what's evil. Do their actions somehow not affect the portrayal of the company?[/QUOTE]

Not trying to start anything, just want to clarify for a 2nd and I'll be done with this. Walmart the co. has accomplished good things for some people/communities despite the bad press bandwagon. Walmart's executives are the "evil" decision makers that might make unethical decisions to make $.

I'm not siding with anyone. I hate "The Man" and try to screw him every chance I get. Just saying if you were exposed to corporate dealings across the world and behind closed doors, you would see a lot of things that disgusted you. Who determines ethics? If it's not against the law, all is fair game. EX: I worked for a company that marked its products up 3000%. They would have made a profit with less of a mark up but that meant they would make less $ and thats not what business/capitalism is about. EX: If you are a new executive and want to improve the financial books, first thing you should do is cut jobs. It lowers operating costs immediately. Is this ethical? I could give you more examples.

Unfortunately, very few businesses have true meaningful ethics. Ethics go out the window when $ is involved (at least with every co. I have had dealings with). Right or wrong, the same thing applies to many people and their greed/selfishness.

[quote name='jimijumper']wow...a little off topic this thread has become..[/QUOTE]

No kidding. Also discussion of fraud is against the rules. The aforementioned sticker removal constitutes fraud, end of story.

[quote name='Komentra']Each K-Mart is different. Best bet is to grab every single game you're interested in that has a yellow sticker and taking it to a scan machine. That's what I do at least.
I've heard people in this thread mention that they print out the UPC's and just take that to scanning machine. However, I do not know where to print out these UPC's so if anyone has a link to that I'd appreciate it.

Scored me a collectors pack of littlebigplanet for $15 last week at my local kmart and you don't know jack for $5 for 360. Figured the last one would be fun for me and the wife and it's fun for $5.[/QUOTE]

I think he meant NEW clearance since the third sunday of the month was the 16th. Personally I haven't had time to check this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird... It says I got $5 in points to use on a purchase of $40 or more in a email but I don't have the points in my account :(

Mike, seriously, quit staring at the cute puppy, these points expire soon.
GET $5 IN POINTS (5,000 Points)
to use on your next purchase of $40 or more at Kmart!
Hurry! These Points expire on 12/24/12.

You can redeem them towards anything you'd like, in store or online Kmart.

Points are applied at checkout upon purchase at Kmart.
This offer is not combinable with other Point offers.

:bomb:4th time in a row now that I don't get any free points.(*sigh*) Maybe I should just sign up for a new card. I don't understand why I'm not getting this free points anymore. I do buy other stuff from them from time to time and not just waiting til I get free points to redeem.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Thanks to the mod that cleaned up all that.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, isn't it great when injustice can be done because some mod decided to do a little winter cleaning? Kmart is a shitty and horrible company and the mods that delete evidence of corruption like that, well, it's no surprise mods are the least valued part of a forum.

[quote name='lude21']Weird... It says I got $5 in points to use on a purchase of $40 or more in a email but I don't have the points in my account :(

Mike, seriously, quit staring at the cute puppy, these points expire soon.
GET $5 IN POINTS (5,000 Points)
to use on your next purchase of $40 or more at Kmart!
Hurry! These Points expire on 12/24/12.

You can redeem them towards anything you'd like, in store or online Kmart.

Points are applied at checkout upon purchase at Kmart.
This offer is not combinable with other Point offers.[/QUOTE]

I got that email too but also checked my account and have $3 expiring on 12/24

I got $4 in points awarded to me. I'll probably spend it on Microsoft points since XBL is having a great sale right now.

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']Wow. I got 10,000 points deposited in my account. Thanks for the heads up Slowdive21!

I think I'll use it to get a $10 Shadows of the Damned.[/QUOTE]

I never get anything, not fair!

I got the email from SYWR, though it says I have to spend $10 to earn $10 worth of points. I guess I'll buy something random over $10, get the points, then buy something I really want with the $10 points credit, and then return the first purchase.

Then again, maybe I should hold onto the points earned, and wait until I get one of those double redemption coupons in the mail.

[quote name='slowdive21']Check your accounts. I just got a $3 credit that is good until 12-24!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! I have just over $10 worth of points expiring on the 24th.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']I got the email from SYWR, though it says I have to spend $10 to earn $10 worth of points. I guess I'll buy something random over $10, get the points, then buy something I really want with the $10 points credit, and then return the first purchase.

Then again, maybe I should hold onto the points earned, and wait until I get one of those double redemption coupons in the mail.[/QUOTE]

I also got the spend $10 earn $10 points. I got $4 in points.

Can I use the $4 to buy $10 stuff (pay $6+tax out of pocket to get $10 in earn points

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I have some $22.xx worth of random points in my account some how. I knew I spent all my points to get 2 copies of Portal 2, but now I have more. hmmm[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. I spent about $22 in points and last night I was checking my account and it was as if I had never spent it because my balance was back up to the original amount I had. I went out immediately and grabbed some stuff ;)

bread's done
Back